Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

22 minutes ago, Spark said:

Nah. He said it was delayed out of (December) 2021 into 2022 because of COVID, and he reckons the promotional cycle was delayed a year (Spring 2022 reveal, December 2022 release). I don't know why that ResetERA summery post says 2023.

I know the 3D Mario thing is just a prediction on his end, but I remember him saying Odyssey 2 was coming this year like... a year and a half ago.  Also the way he talks about it sounds super confident, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually knows its coming but he's just framing it as a prediction to stop a hate mob if it ends up not happening.

Thanks for correcting this info!

I feel like it’d make sense to release a Mario game along with the movie but… I don’t think we’re getting Odyssey 2 this year at all, it feels too soon and it is a huge game, they’d better keep it for holidays 2023 imo. Maybe another Mario game is coming though

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Attitude

• Kanji

• Eternium

• feelslikeadream

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna play Mario Party Superstars with friends tomorrow :duca:  Any tips? 

13 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Thanks for correcting this info!

I feel like it’d make sense to release a Mario game along with the movie but… I don’t think we’re getting Odyssey 2 this year at all, it feels too soon and it is a huge game, they’d better keep it for holidays 2023 imo. Maybe another Mario game is coming though

Yeah, it's honestly really hard to predict what Nintendo is doing past 2022 because it's so reliant on when the next console/revision is coming. :cries2: I just pray they don't repeat the mistakes of the 3DS/Wii U by having dead first year lineups, or repeat the mistakes of the Wii by having nothing for the last few years. :rip:

Also, Nate seems to think a Let's Go Johto game is coming this year. I think it was just speculation but most of his speculations seem to be based off of stuff he has heard. It lines up with the hints in BDSP that there's Let's Go games in other regions so I could see it happening...

Pokemon_Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Mew_Jirachi_8.jpg

We’re definitely getting a new Mario game a long with the movie. That’s an easy 10M seller right there. 

56 minutes ago, Spark said:

Yeah, it's honestly really hard to predict what Nintendo is doing past 2022 because it's so reliant on when the next console/revision is coming. :cries2: I just pray they don't repeat the mistakes of the 3DS/Wii U by having dead first year lineups, or repeat the mistakes of the Wii by having nothing for the last few years. :rip:

Also, Nate seems to think a Let's Go Johto game is coming this year. I think it was just speculation but most of his speculations seem to be based off of stuff he has heard. It lines up with the hints in BDSP that there's Let's Go games in other regions so I could see it happening...

Pokemon_Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Mew_Jirachi_8.jpg

Yep, leaker Markomaro posted in December that a let’s go sequel will be released in 2022

Do we think Mario Party DLC is coming?

14 hours ago, Marco_g2 said:

Gonna play Mario Party Superstars with friends tomorrow :duca:  Any tips? 

we played it today on peach cake level, we were 3 so a normal difficulty cpu joined us AND IT OBLITERATED ALL OF US ON MINIGAMES :deadbanana4: my friend won because she received 2 extra stars for being unlucky and travelling the most :deadbanana4: if u are less than 4 play with cpu on easy on your first time cpu is SMART 

not this MarkoMaro bullshit again MbAUTzX.png 

I would take rumors with a grain of salt but it's not unrealistic we'd get a new Odyssey game this year. It's been what 5 since the last one? And the game can use the same engine so they aren't even building a new game from the ground up, just designing the new worlds which doesn't take nearly as long 

I also want SMO2 this year, but I haven’t finished the Darker Side yet :thing:

Also if you all want to know which insiders are reliable, just go to the gaming leaks subreddit. Twitter insiders especially fad hunter are clowns

the way he ended ha twice then she had to block him :bibliahh:

4 hours ago, Rence said:

Also if you all want to know which insiders are reliable, just go to the gaming leaks subreddit. Twitter insiders especially fad hunter are clowns

the way he ended ha twice then she had to block him :bibliahh:

Samus Hunter is a troll and he blocks sooo many people lol, I often see people like him exposing her :dies: It’s entertaining at least.

17 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

Definitely !

The previous MP on Switch was huge and probably took Nintendo by surprise but this time they’ll definitely release some DLCs for MPS. 

I definitely think we’re getting the HD Zelda’s ported this year, it makes sense given they’ve ported a lot of other wii u games and it will be the perfect placeholder if BOTW gets delayed till 2023 (I doubt it) and before anyone comes for me about 2 Zelda releases in one year it’s happened many times so it’s possible.

id also love a full remaster of the Pokémon colosseum/GOD games ported, that franchise has huge potential  if it gets continued, I’d love a third instalment on the switch, would never happen tho  :jonny: 

Give me new FE :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Pink Ranger said:

id also love a full remaster of the Pokémon colosseum/GOD games ported, that franchise has huge potential  if it gets continued, I’d love a third instalment on the switch, would never happen tho  :jonny: 

I want this so badly, but I think we haven't gotten the two of them because of some developer issue.

10 minutes ago, fountain said:

Give me new FE :jonny5:

Yes :jonny5: My only request is less exploring the school grounds tbh.. Don't drag me too hard

I want a Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes port so badly

Just announce Dixie Kong new adventure :jonny:

I don't see the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess ports coming this year because I think BOTW2 will release this year. Yeah multiple Zelda games have released in a year, but it's usually a spinoff and a mainline, or across two platforms (when the handheld and console lines were separate).

In the Switch era they've been pretty strict with one entry per year. Zelda has went from a series which sold 10m copies maximum, to Breath of the Wild reaching 25m and Age of Calamity outselling previous mainline games so I don't think they need to release as many. 

28 minutes ago, Spark said:

I don't see the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess ports coming this year because I think BOTW2 will release this year. Yeah multiple Zelda games have released in a year, but it's usually a spinoff and a mainline, or across two platforms (when the handheld and console lines were separate).

In the Switch era they've been pretty strict with one entry per year. Zelda has went from a series which sold 10m copies maximum, to Breath of the Wild reaching 25m and Age of Calamity outselling previous mainline games so I don't think they need to release as many. 

If BOTW gets delayed till let’s say January/Feb 2023 100% TP/WW are coming this year, if not I still believe we will get them because it’s not going to cost Nintendo much to put already made HD remakes to a switch cartridge and the fanbase is there that it would sell a ton anyways. If they didn’t do it at all I’d be shook, either we’re getting both this year, BOTW this year & remakes next year or vice versa.

1 hour ago, Edibles. said:

I want this so badly, but I think we haven't gotten the two of them because of some developer issue.

Well the developers need to get over it and make that money honey 

Paper Mario TYD port would be a dream but (IF they were to do a GameCube online service which I doubt highly anytime soon I’d see it being a launch title) 

there’s so much Nintendo could milk from their already iconic past games and bringing them to switch in HD or a remaster that would sell a ton based on nostalgia alone.

If the rumours of a successor to the switch coming 2024 are true I’d hope for it to be backwards compatible with the switch games 

45 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

If the rumours of a successor to the switch coming 2024 are true I’d hope for it to be backwards compatible with the switch games 

If a potential Switch successor wasn’t backwards compatible - and I mean like, 100%, like it even has the same (but hopefully updated) eShop at launch - then Nintendo don’t know what they’re doing. There’s zero chance the Switch will slow down enough in the next two years to justify a new console being entirely different and incompatible with the existing software library. A Switch 2 or Pro or whatever, though, would be another home run if they just avoid the pitfalls that tanked the Wii U.

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

If a potential Switch successor wasn’t backwards compatible - and I mean like, 100%, like it even has the same (but hopefully updated) eShop at launch - then Nintendo don’t know what they’re doing. There’s zero chance the Switch will slow down enough in the next two years to justify a new console being entirely different and incompatible with the existing software library. A Switch 2 or Pro or whatever, though, would be another home run if they just avoid the pitfalls that tanked the Wii U.

Exactly the successor will be a wii u 2.0, the switch will most likely end up being their best selling console, especially if all they do is upgrade the software, I’d much rather switch get a 4K handheld release in 2024 or even milk the OLED still 2023 then have a 4K docked in 2024 then a 4K HH in 2026, like I don’t see the next gen of Nintendo doing switch numbers, I hope switch isn’t their peak but given this console is so popular with the masses absolutely milk it to filth 

playing persona strikers 

p4 really needs to come to the switch :jonnycat:

If anything, the Zelda HD ports coming this year makes much more sense since we’re still in anniversary period. It’s BOTW 2 that I’m unsure about so it can any time from holiday season this year to 2023.

3 hours ago, Katamari said:

p4 really needs to come to the switch :jonnycat:

There’s still rumblings about P4 switch but we might get P3 port first from the same person who leaked about P4U coming :jonnycat:

On 1/14/2022 at 11:44 PM, Tylerbv said:

I want DLC so bad :chick3:

The fact that I unknowingly spent 20 hours on MPS already and I literally just got the game a few days ago. It’s so much fun but we need more boards Nintendo!