12,806 posts in this topic

I got my Switch preorder in. Let me type up my review of the presentation and Fire Emblem direct later

I LOST it at the preview for the new Mario game. Every scene was amazing. I wanna get a Switch but preorders are obv. not available. 

I've been perched for the neon pre-order on Amazon, can't believe they still haven't had them up 

Disappointed in the lack of compelling launch titles so I'll probably wait until the Holidays before I even consider getting a Switch :(

I was underwhelmed by the Switch presentation but ultimately I don't know why I was expecting anything more from a handheld/console hybrid. I'm more hyped for Mario Odyssey than I am for Breath of The Wild :jonny:

Ok. So I wasn't that hyped for Zelda before but the presentation has literally gave me so much hype. Like, seriously it looks so fucking good.

1, 2 Switch and Arms are filler. Not here for motion controls at all

Splatoon looks cute. I'll be getting that for sure. Probably will skip Mario Kart 8 since I've already played it and other than Battle Mode and like two new characters there's nothing noteworthy about paying £50 for it

I'm so glad we're getting a sequel to Xenoblade CHRONICLES. X was fine but Chronicles is literally the best RPG of ALL TIME. I am literally gagged with excitement over this. I'm not too keen on the art style and direction but whatever. I'm still gonna call it Game of the Year regardless. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as they did with X. The Gamepad and the Switch screen are the same size and X was literally unplayable offscreen due to how small the text was. Hopefully that won't be an issue cause Xenoblade is the perfect game to play off TV

Mario Odyssey looks fun. Not really much to say about it since it looks like a generic Mario game. Nothing wrong with that tho.

I will also be picking up Bomberman, Disgaea and SMT (!!!!!!!!!). So fucking hyped about SMT coming to Switch. I know it probably won't be released for years but it's still hype. I love how they slipped Mara (Mara is a litteral penis demon) into the trailer too. A true kii.

As for the Fire Emblem Direct, the 3DS game looks messy as ***. Literally who asked for this. The story seems cringey af.

Hyrule Warriors getting a Switch re release basically in the form of FE Warriors. Trash

FE Mobile looks alright I suppose. I was kind of expecting bigger maps but yeah, the smaller maps look playable too

I'm probably forgetting a few games too but who cares. If I can't even remember them after a few days they're obviously shovelware

I'm gonna just wait for Fire Emblem Heroes to come until I snatch myself one. The launch titles are kind of underwhelming and no lie its messy how games like Skyrim and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 will have been out for a year or more before it gets ported to the Switch :rip:

All the new Fire Emblem though, I am SO ready for it :jonny: 

1 hour ago, Staryu said:

I've been perched for the neon pre-order on Amazon, can't believe they still haven't had them up 

Same. I have one pre-ordered on Best Buy as a backup.

Super Mario Odyssey will probably be my GOTY if it truly delivers. 

Not really excited for the Switch tbh. Underpowered and overpriced with hardly any games ready for launch day :rip:

Super Mario Odyssey looks interesting and that's about it.

I have the Switch preordered along with Breath of the Wild: Master Edition, Bomberman, another pair of Joycons, the charging grip, a game case, and a screen protector. 

Someone help. :skull:

1 minute ago, Attitude said:

I have the Switch preordered along with Breath of the Wild: Master Edition, Bomberman, another pair of Joycons, the charging grip, a game case, and a screen protector. 

Someone help. :skull:

:skull:

The accessories are so expensive. A pro controller being $70 :skull:

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

:skull:

The accessories are so expensive. A pro controller being $70 :skull:

The joycons are $80. 

If I keep everything I'm going to end up spending 500+ dollars. :skull:

21 minutes ago, Attitude said:

The joycons are $80. 

If I keep everything I'm going to end up spending 500+ dollars. :skull:

Probably Nintendo punishing people for not getting the wii u :skull:

Yaaas, my secondary home base is alive and well :clap3: Welcome back y'all.

Has anyone else been watching every single 20 minute video of BotW footage while ATRL was down? :eli: 

I literally watch the BOTW trailer every day! It's so iconic!!

I preordered the Switch, BOTW and I plan on preordering Bomberman R next week :duca:

The Mario trailer looked good. I just didn't like the NYC stage. The desert/pyramid stage though looks like SLAYAGE!

i probably won't get a switch until a pokemon game is released on it :deadbanana:

Mario Odyssey looks amazing, they are a mess for the tease.

Obvi Zelda looks cute too but I'm not convinced on shelling out for a new console on launch just for one game. 

IDK if we have a Fire Emblem or KT Warriors thread so ima just post about FE:Warriors here. It's the thing that most made me excited with the Switch presentation. I just have a few issues... so far, I'm not confident (especially with all this tragic Awakening and Fates pandering in the FE:Heroes mobile trailer from the direct) that the game will have varied characters. Koei Tecmo are usually very good though with roster diversity and include a lot of characters that aren't just boring swordsmen; so... I hope to see Micaiah and Sothe make it. I'll fume if Ike ends up the only Tellius character. Radiant Dawn remains one of the best games I ever played. The other thing I hope is that Adventure Mode never makes a return - or anything similar to it. Particularly when it's not optional. Locking characters behind it in HW was annoying. If there's a side quest mode, it should be for a side game and I hope it takes a strategy element from the regular FE series. 

I was considering getting a switch at launch but dont really have any reason to. FE:W isn't out till Fall, so I'll just get one then. Was interested in the Shin Megami Tensei game. Not a fan of Zelda gameplay but it looks gorge so I may try it out. Don't really remember what else was shown but I may try out some of the older games being ported that I didn't get for PS4 like Skyrim. It looked nice. 

--

On a 3DS note. Dragonball Fusions is amazing. Can't wait for it to come out here. Got it on pre-order. My other "version" *ahem* is currently in postgame with all quests (except Vegeta Training 3) complete. Unlocked Golden Frieza but still looking for other rift characters. TBH, rifts are the only thing im not a fan of. Love the combat system. Really wanted a turn based DB game for ages since i dont like the fast paced combat in games like Xenoverse now. Miss the budokai days of square x3, then circle. 

What games are y'all getting at launch? 

I'm getting Zelda and Bomberman. :skull:

I am so sooooo hyped for this but at $399 CAD plus $80 for Zelda, that's going to put me well over $500 and I just can't. Hopefully I get a decent tax return :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Same!

I might check out Has Been Heroes too!

7 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Bomberman & Zelda. Twins. :heart2:

Xenoblade 2 coming for greatest game to ever exist. :heart2:

Thankfully I get paid the day the Switch, BOTW, and Bomberman R come out haha yayy for 3 paychecks during the month of March :duca: