feelslikeadream

Nintendo Base | Pikmin 3 Deluxe announced (Oct.)

Goaty

Despite my tepid response to the Switch reveal, I'll most likely be getting it anyway for BotW alone. The trailers are stunning. 

Super Mario Odyssey looks great as well. Take my poor-college-student funds, Nintendo!

BadMonster

I already pre-ordered a Switch, BotW, and a lot of accessories. Ready for delivery on day of release :duca:

Over here it's completely sold-out. The retailers were sold-out earlier, but got supply numbers and could sell more. Guess what... it sold out again immediately .

Edited by BadMonster

Suilen

Switch looks great. I'll probably get it long after the launch when its game line-up is solid enough, especially with Xenoblade 2 and SMT. I'm glad there is no region lock so I can play them in Japanese.

Flame

Also, I preordered the Neon Switch and I am like sooo ready. 

I dont have the money for a game tho. :rip: 

BadMonster

I can already pre-order the 5 BotW amiibos, but I want to know their functionality before I do, even though they look amazing

feelslikeadream
4 hours ago, Gladion said:

Should I play Twilight Princess or Xenoblade Chronicals X leading up to launch?

If i play twilight princess i may get more hyped for zelda or i might not be as astounded since i was just in the middle of a zelda game?

help a friend out i dont know what to do

Nnn. Obviously XCX. BOTW is going to be miles better than TP (it has to be, pretty much), so don't waste your time with that inferior game.

1 minute ago, BadMonster said:

I can already pre-order the 5 BotW amiibos, but I want to know their functionality before I do, even though they look amazing

Same. I wish we knew right away what they did, like with the OoT ones. I already have Link from that series, so if the BotW ones all do the same stuff, I'll probably get Zelda :heart2: 

BadMonster
3 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Nnn. Obviously XCX. BOTW is going to be miles better than TP (it has to be, pretty much), so don't waste your time with that inferior game.

Same. I wish we knew right away what they did, like with the OoT ones. I already have Link from that series, so if the BotW ones all do the same stuff, I'll probably get Zelda :heart2: 

At least I have the wolf from TP, but I'd love to get Link on the horse + one of the creatures

Wouldn't mind OoT and MM as virtual releases for the Switch. Have them update the graphics a bit and put it in the eStore

Edited by BadMonster

Flame

Twilight Princess was okay. (I've only played console Zelda's + LBW) It's better than OoT imo (it's my least favorite :rip:) but I would 100% always pick XCX.

I locked in 200 hours and still not 100% done with it. :date: 

conseeded

I need them to hurry up and give stores more stock for pre-orders

Zaney82

I will get my switch when Mario comes! 

conseeded

also YES at Fire Emblem becoming one of their main franchises now :heart2:

Ariel

I just preordered the Neon Switch was debating whether to do it but thought **** it. I bought Zelda along side it. Really looking forward to Mario Odyssey. Hopefully they develop a Pokemon game for it?

Edited by Ariel

BadMonster
9 minutes ago, Ariel said:

I just preordered the Neon Switch was debating whether to do it but thought **** it. I bought Zelda along side it. Really looking forward to Mario Odyssey. Hopefully they develop a Pokemon game for it?

I think they will tbh, I think a main series game, but something like stadium or snap wouldn't surprise me either.

I am honestly hoping for huge, HUGE map. Possibly even a game where you can choose in which region you'll start out. With a main game on the Switch. They'll have the option to sell the maingame at like $60 and every 6 to 12 months they release a new gen that you can buy in-game for like $30 to $40. After purchase an event is triggered that you have to complete, after which you receive a boat ticket or a map and a new Pokedex and you'll get to store all your Poke's at the professor's and start fresh in a new region. With every gym battle your pokemon in storage up to a certain level are unlocked and you'll be able to bring them over again. There will also be extensive missions to capture the legends so people have to team up online or something to complete the mission that unlocks it

Raster

I am SO hyped for the Switch. Gonna get the neon one + Zelda + large storage card to get me started.

My mom said she's gonna pay for Mario Kart and I'm counting on my sister to get me the pro controller :fish1:

and damn Link looks SO good in BOTW! Link in a crop top >>

Edited by Raster

Boniqua

My jumble of thoughts on the presentation since ATRL wasn't around for it:

Positives:

- Zelda, Mario, and Splatoon are the trinity. Seriously, those three look incredible.

- Also hyped with Bomberman's return.

- Arms looks like it could be interesting. #RibbonGirlForSmash

- Really excited about Disgaea 5 but bitter as I had just gotten a PS4 at Christmas and that was one of the titles I wanted the console for. Same with Dragon Quest Heroes, which is also getting ported in a better format.

- UI looks minimalist and simple. Wii U's was a travesty.

- All the play styles but that was old news by this point.

Negatives:

- Really displeased with them launching with so few titles again but the pipeline is better than Wii U, at least, and I'm sure some announcements are being saved for later.

- Mario Kart Deluxe is a rip-off to Wii U owners. They should, at the very least, find a way to discount it for people who purchased the Wii U DLC. Purchasing the game at full price for a second time for only 5 characters, 2 items, and battle mode after having spent ~$72 on it is just silly. This does not bode well for the inevitable Smash port. I hope they treat it much better than this.

- Controller costs are nuts.

- 1, 2, Switch is overpriced for what it is.

- No Animal Crossing (Please be at E3).

- The vagueness of the online situation. I do not see them executing this well at all. It's already not off to a good start. Everyone who buys Splatoon 2 will suddenly be hit with a subscription fee come the fall? This needs to be cleared up before a game that is primarily online releases.

- Probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting/have already gotten over.

I assume they expect Zelda's gameplay to carry people to summer but I can't justify purchasing a system for solely one game, so I'll be picking mine up for Splatoon 2 as I'll want around 6 games by then. I am confident that this system will be a hot commodity come Holiday time unless they royally screw something up before then. They seem to be making a great effort to get back on their feet after Wii U (which was overall awful, but the few great games it had were really, really great). Really excited for this but I just can't give them a day one purchase. My brother will, though, and maybe that'll convince me to get one sooner than Splatoon 2.

Edited by Boniqua

theycallmemaraj

Uh I really want the Switch

Erreur2 La Nature

I need BOTW right now I'm so tired of waiting and watching the same videos again and again !

Pop pop123

Another indie title is coming to the switch!

BadMonster

I'm not buying a €329 console to play 2D rehashes... If they want to re-use those, they should've made more NES-classics or something. I want new material or at least rereleases of 3D Nintendo games, like SM Sunshine, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, etc.... 

I hope we're getting a new Luigi's Mansion :duca:

Bad Decisions

I really hope they announce Animal Crossing at E3. Isn't there an app that's suppose to be coming out soon as well? 

I would also love the FFVII remake but that's a long shot.

Pamela Pepper
7 minutes ago, Bad Decisions said:

I really hope they announce Animal Crossing at E3. Isn't there an app that's suppose to be coming out soon as well? 

I would also love the FFVII remake but that's a long shot.

I feel like an Animal Crossing Title + Mario would be perfect for holiday 2017. Animal Crossing has a HUGE handheld following now with New Leaf being such a massive success, I feel like Animal Crossing would highlight the handheld capabilities and be the "marketing tool" they need to show off the hybrid appeal, while Mario would be that amazing traditional home console experience.

Also I feel like we won't be getting the new pokemon stars game till at least Spring 2018, so it would be good to have one of the more popular "handheld" titles (i know AC was also home console but AC:NL was most recent/biggest success).

Pamela Pepper
3 hours ago, Ariel said:

It's confirmed that pokemon is coming to the nintendo switch, but what we don't know is if it's the traditional main series title or a colosseum type game, but many sources (like eurogamer I'm pretty sure was one of them) have reported that the sequel/3rd version of sun and moon will come to the switch. The switch is 99% going to be nintendo's next handheld system so it's pretty safe to bet that from now on pokemon will be going on the switch, or at least when the 3ds is finally deemed as over by nintendo

Pop pop123

A mobile game for animal crossing is suppose to come out this spring.

There's going to be another direct soon.

They going to sneek a switch game in there like they did with FE.

znake

Only good  game at lunch is Bomberman :biblio:

ill wait until summer :biblio:

Raster
2 minutes ago, znake said:

Only good  game at lunch is Bomberman :biblio:

ill wait until summer :biblio:

Zelda though :biblio: that IS a good game and you WILL want to play it.

A mobile game for animal crossing is suppose to come out this spring.

New Leaf on the 3DS is really addicting. It's the perfect Nintendo game for mobile tbh.