Jump to content

Nintendo Base | New Switch model coming this year?


feelslikeadream

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

So, never? :fish2:

I'd wait for it to get some kind of sale for the Zelda anniversary. :gaycat1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • feelslikeadream

    1524

  • Attitude

    1182

  • Eternium

    1177

  • Kanji

    1048

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights and Waves
11 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

So, never? :fish2:

A more powerful Switch is 100% coming out this fall. It’s been confirmed by every industry insider and multiple trades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
feelslikeadream
47 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

I don’t think I was in this thread much during the time it came out, but what was the general consensus on Age of Calamity? I’m thinking of getting it next. (I had plans to buy it first day, but then the PS5 happened around the same time, so I kinda just forgot about it).

39 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

The consensus is that you should wait for a Switch Pro to come out first because the game runs like arse on the Switch. Terrible frame rate and resolution. 

Was this really the consensus? I don't remember hearing this at all, and I also 100%ed the game and didn't see issues with frame rate/resolution :rip: The camera angles are ASS in some maps though!

 

As for the original question, I think I recommend the game, but not that highly. I preferred the first Hyrule Warriors, where the roster was much more diverse and the missions were also more unique/interesting. In this game, you can literally just play as Link the ENTIRE game, then use the military training camp or whatever to level up any other characters for the ~10 or so missions where they make you use other characters. I enjoyed playing as Link, Impa, and a couple other characters I won't spoil in case you don't know the roster, but I didn't touch a majority of the roster for the entire game :rip: Oh, and the Divine Beast levels are the nadir of gaming. But if you like the satisfaction of hack-and-slash gameplay, it's a solid enough Warriors game. Just don't go in expecting too much innovation or variety.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Puttanesca
21 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Minish Cap is slaying me so hard.  :jonny5: 

You've convinced me to play it. Lemme download a Gameboy emulator real quick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
thatsmydemi
21 hours ago, Anthem said:

Yup, one of the best. They did an absolutely fantastic job with the world building, and the game is probably one of the most charming in the franchise. I sort of have a love/hate relationship with the kin stones, though. :-x Lots of people have issues with the length of the game, but I don’t mind too much - it’s really the difficulty that I see as the games downside. It’s definitely one of the more story-driven games than puzzle/challenge ones.

Honestly, I was craving some Zelda game to kill the time while we wait for the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess collection and something easy and cute like this is perfect for me at the moment. This could become the second Zelda game I've ever finished :lakitu: 

Fairies look so beautiful omg. BOTW can only dream :jonny: 

 

31 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

You've convinced me to play it. Lemme download a Gameboy emulator real quick. 

 

Do it! I'm having so much fun :heart2: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ms. Togekiss

wait so we can expect BoTW2 with the newer powerful switch? :jonny5: I hope all switch games are playable in the newer version because I have never had this many games for a Nintendo console ever. I dont want my money to go to waste

giphy.gif 

Link to post
Share on other sites
thatsmydemi
7 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

wait so we can expect BoTW2 with the newer powerful switch? :jonny5: I hope all switch games are playable in the newer version because I have never had this many games for a Nintendo console ever. I dont want my money to go to waste

giphy.gif 

 

I doubt that will happen. If anything, It would be the other way around. Switch Pro games could not be playable on the original switch. I will FUME so they better not try it. :grump: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

 

I doubt that will happen. If anything, It would be the other way around. Switch Pro games could not be playable on the original switch. I will FUME so they better not try it. :grump: 

I doubt they'll do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

Jeff Grubb thinks Nintendo's plans about Zelda's anniversary will be revealed around E3. 

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, M André said:

About to play Persona 5 royal to preprare myself for striker :celestial6:

You just need to play base. The extra characters and 3rd semester aren't cannon to scramble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

P5S being way more accialmed than either hyrule warriors game though. Looks like persona is more of an acclaim magnet than zelda :coffee2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
JonginBey
2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Was this really the consensus? I don't remember hearing this at all, and I also 100%ed the game and didn't see issues with frame rate/resolution :rip: The camera angles are ASS in some maps though!

 

As for the original question, I think I recommend the game, but not that highly. I preferred the first Hyrule Warriors, where the roster was much more diverse and the missions were also more unique/interesting. In this game, you can literally just play as Link the ENTIRE game, then use the military training camp or whatever to level up any other characters for the ~10 or so missions where they make you use other characters. I enjoyed playing as Link, Impa, and a couple other characters I won't spoil in case you don't know the roster, but I didn't touch a majority of the roster for the entire game :rip: Oh, and the Divine Beast levels are the nadir of gaming. But if you like the satisfaction of hack-and-slash gameplay, it's a solid enough Warriors game. Just don't go in expecting too much innovation or variety.

Hmm. On one hand, I get bored if things are too repetitive; but on the other hand, if the story is compelling enough, I end up enjoying it. I saw a little gameplay footage, though not too much in order to avoid spoiling anything, and I liked what I saw. I’ll give myself a couple of days to think about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature
2 hours ago, Lights and Waves said:

A more powerful Switch is 100% coming out this fall. It’s been confirmed by every industry insider and multiple trades.

The Switch Pro rumor has been a thing since 2019 and is coming back all the time. Nothing has ever been confirmed :dies: 

Even if this happens this year, which I doubt, it's nothing else than a rumor right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

P5S being way more accialmed than either hyrule warriors game though. Looks like persona is more of an acclaim magnet than zelda :coffee2:

Will Persona have its BOTW moment, though? :coffee2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Life Savers

Is Nintendo really motivated to release a new console? The Switch and games are still selling like crazy despite them doing the least. Most of the people I know who have one got it last year (including me :rip:).  I'd understand a redesign like DS Lite, but not a Wii U/3DS situation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Manchs said:

Will Persona have its BOTW moment, though? :coffee2:

It already did with P5R

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

Is Nintendo really motivated to release a new console? The Switch and games are still selling like crazy despite them doing the least. Most of the people I know who have one got it last year (including me :rip:).  I'd understand a redesign like DS Lite, but not a Wii U/3DS situation. 

It'll probably be a 3DS/ New 3DS situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hongbin said:

You just need to play base. The extra characters and 3rd semester aren't cannon to scramble.

Yeah but playing Royal is defo the way to go even if you stop it before 3rd semester for Strikers

 

I don’t think I could ever go back to 5 after the improvements to baton pass and all the new combat stuff. Whew, a masterpiece :jonny5:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hongbin said:

You just need to play base. The extra characters and 3rd semester aren't cannon to scramble.

I lost my copy of PS5 :sadviolin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
gagacasanova
13 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

This level took me forever. Obviously it's easier if you charge it and aim but like... That last one they expect you to hit :jonny4:

I died at least 10x on that stupid thing. :priceless:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Puttanesca

Ughh just thinking about Zelda being the main playable character in BOTW2 has me quaking. Imagine being able to do magic? :jonny5:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop pop123
5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

The Switch Pro rumor has been a thing since 2019 and is coming back all the time. Nothing has ever been confirmed :dies: 

Even if this happens this year, which I doubt, it's nothing else than a rumor right now.

It’s not really a “rumor” rumor anymore. Dev kits are out to devs. Specs are leaking as we speak. :rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Jeff Grubb thinks Nintendo's plans about Zelda's anniversary will be revealed around E3. 

Ugh, I bet they would have had an amazing booth to celebrate LoZ’s history. :noparty:

 

Excited nonetheless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...