feelslikeadream

Nintendo Base | 'Hyrule Warriors: AOC' out now!

thatsmydemi
On 8/5/2020 at 4:55 PM, Musicmajor said:

Has anyone played 'Stardew Valley'? i was thinking about getting this for the switch orrr animal crossing.

Stardew Valley is overall better than AC. 

Jaimon
7 hours ago, Rence said:

Nintendo needs a big holiday title this year that's not a remaster or a port if they want to keep the momentum going

well its over... :dancehall3:

Rence
41 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I was looking for this data the other day but couldn't find it. You have a source?

@Eternium, please make the "Switch outpacing PS4 sales. Why?" thread.

I'm trying to find it cause I can't remember :rip: But it's on Twitter

Rence
11 minutes ago, Jaimon said:

well Mario Kart is the highest selling Switch game and it's a port (even though it's from WiiU that sold terribly :rip:) so maybe the rumored Mario and Zelda collection will help boost sales :giraffe:

Jaimon
Just now, Rence said:

well Mario Kart is the highest selling Switch game and it's a port (even though it's from WiiU that sold terribly :rip:) so maybe the rumored Mario and Zelda collection will help boost sales :giraffe:

honestly 2020 its pretty much OVER ,i just hope 2021 its a killer year, new mario, new zelda, new metroid, new bayonetta, new kirby. 

Hongbin

2021 will be the switches peak :coffee2: Just like PS4 peaked 4 years in in 2017

Eternium
On 8/6/2020 at 5:25 AM, Rence said:

Nintendo needs a big holiday title this year that's not a remaster or a port if they want to keep the momentum going

They’ll be able to outdo the PS4 even without one. They still have to replenish shipments and that alone will be enough to put them well above PS4 for the year.

18 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I was looking for this data the other day but couldn't find it. You have a source?

@Eternium, please make the "Switch outpacing PS4 sales. Why?" thread.

I’ll have to do it a bit later but definitely. The Switch really is one of the biggest consoles ever :jonny5:  I’ll have to use a better chart, though, because this one got confused on the quarters and length of time on the left.

17 hours ago, Jaimon said:

Huh? The Switch has 9 months to do 9.16M sales. Q2 (July - September) will probably be at least 3M+ and Q3 (October - December) is traditionally Nintendo‘s strongest and will be over 10M+ alone. 

feelslikeadream

Started the first Pikmin yesterday and the STRESS that has cDk8vkc.gif

Canon
1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Started the first Pikmin yesterday and the STRESS that has cDk8vkc.gif

If you enjoy the first one then Pikmin 2 is even better. (Depending if you like the new cave system)

You think Pikmin is stressful, lordT help you if you go into The Submerged Castle in a blind playthrough. :angelo:

Feetree

Is Animal Crossing NH the fastest selling exclusive of all time? I mean 22 million units in 3.5 months on ONE console is :jonny::jonny:

feelslikeadream
2 hours ago, Canon said:

If you enjoy the first one then Pikmin 2 is even better. (Depending if you like the new cave system)

You think Pikmin is stressful, lordT help you if you go into The Submerged Castle in a blind playthrough. :angelo:

nnnn to be fair, a lot of the stress comes from the bad AI/controls :shutup: The fact that you have to go through several steps just to separate your crew by color and select only one type... A mess. And the way they CONSTANTLY get stuck behind walls, leaves, etc. And worst of all, walking over a bridge and half of them decide to SPREAD OUT BEHIND YOU and then fall into water :skull: There should be a toggle option or something that makes them line up behind you so they don't disperse into a large mass, which makes them more likely to accidentally fall into water or walk into an enemy's path.

But I'm less stressed after my play session this morning, where I got 4 ship parts in 2 days :celestial4:Now I know I have a couple extra days, in case one day goes horribly and I don't get any new parts for some reason.

Canon
4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

nnnn to be fair, a lot of the stress comes from the bad AI/controls :shutup: The fact that you have to go through several steps just to separate your crew by color and select only one type... A mess. And the way they CONSTANTLY get stuck behind walls, leaves, etc. And worst of all, walking over a bridge and half of them decide to SPREAD OUT BEHIND YOU and then fall into water :skull: There should be a toggle option or something that makes them line up behind you so they don't disperse into a large mass, which makes them more likely to accidentally fall into water or walk into an enemy's path.

But I'm less stressed after my play session this morning, where I got 4 ship parts in 2 days :celestial4:Now I know I have a couple extra days, in case one day goes horribly and I don't get any new parts for some reason.

In P1 the Pikmin AI are kinda dumb and you need to do a bit of babysitting if you want to keep them from killing themselves. (God help you if one of them decides to trip and fall for the trillionth time). Pikmin 2 improves the AI a bit better, but Pikmin 3 finally irons them out problems like dividing into color groups in a reasonable fashion. 

In my opinion of the overall series, its Pikmin 2 > (Pikmin 3 = Pikmin). We don't talks about Hey Pikmin!

Elliot
On 8/5/2020 at 12:11 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Definitely Kart out of the options you listed. It's honestly the best MK game.

But Super Mario 3D World is better than all 3 you listed, so make sure you get that too, when it comes out later this year 

Oh it better be 3D land, sunshine and 64 deluxe edition 

Attitude

I never followed up with the Arms tournament people so I got DQed. 

giphy.gif

feelslikeadream
21 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I never followed up with the Arms tournament people so I got DQed. 

be3c482a97816f3e4e87785ac0d75de7bd-15-ty

paddii_

Where is Mario Kart 9? It's been 84 years :(

aayAlex
1 hour ago, paddii_ said:

With the way the MK8DX is selling, we won’t be seeing 9 for a while :(

Rence
8 hours ago, paddii_ said:

With Switch Pro or worse, Switch 2 I guess :chick3:

Erreur2 La Nature

I feel like COBITCH-19 isn't the only reason Nintendo hasn't released any important game in 2020 and isn't communicating with us through directs.

At the end of the year, Sony and X Box are going to launch the PS5 and the new X Box. 2021 will be extremely busy for them and all the attention will be on them too. If Nintendo wants to take the light and gp's attention from them they'll need BIG games. In my opinion, there's going to be one more game announced for the end of the year (probably a Mario one) and we will probably get several important games in 2021 + BOTW2 at the end of 2021.

M André
44 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I feel like COBITCH-19 isn't the only reason Nintendo hasn't released any important game in 2020 and isn't communicating with us through directs.

At the end of the year, Sony and X Box are going to launch the PS5 and the new X Box. 2021 will be extremely busy for them and all the attention will be on them too. If Nintendo wants to take the light and gp's attention from them they'll need BIG games. In my opinion, there's going to be one more game announced for the end of the year (probably a Mario one) and we will probably get several important games in 2021 + BOTW2 at the end of 2021.

A sequel to Odyssey + the 3D Mario ports would totally made up for the fiasco that has been this year. I don’t see it happening tho. :sadviolin:

Erreur2 La Nature

I don’t see a sequel to odyssey ever seeing the light, thank God. I did not enjoy the concept and it was waaaay too easy imo

feelslikeadream
6 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I don’t see a sequel to odyssey ever seeing the light, thank God. I did not enjoy the concept and it was waaaay too easy imo

This. The Switch needed a sandbox Mario game and it got one.... and it wasn't good enough to warrant a sequel.

They should port Super Mario 3D World, then announce a direct sequel to that, since it's the superior game.

Erreur2 La Nature
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

This. The Switch needed a sandbox Mario game and it got one.... and it wasn't good enough to warrant a sequel.

They should port Super Mario 3D World, then announce a direct sequel to that, since it's the superior game.

100% agree. 3DW is much better and I’d really love a new one ! And there was some challenge !

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

Musicmajor

So I ended up purchasing Stardew Valley after watching countless videos on it on youtube. It was very overwhelming at first but i've put two full days into now and im obsessed. I love how you see something new every day & there are so many skills to train. Very fun!

HausofNick
On 8/9/2020 at 10:38 PM, feelslikeadream said:

the big rumor (confirmed by multiple people) is a super mario galaxy/sunshine remaster

nintendo made Super Mario 3D World because they didn't want to waste the funds on a concrete entry to the "open-world" Mario franchise when the failure of a Wii U was their main home console. I would be genuinely surprised if they made a new one. A remake/reboot? Sure. But not a sequel

I know for a fact nintendo will do something big for mario's anniversary this year which will more than likely be a single or collection of remasters, but in terms of specifically which games, I don't have a proven answer aside from some insider rumors