P!nk Forever‘s Top 100 Decade of 2010—2019 Countdown! #FIN

P!nk Forever

yaaQrEQ.png

ARTIST: EMINEM ft. P!NK

SONG: NEED ME

ALBUM: Revival

YEAR: 2017

GENRE: Hip-Hop/Rap

STORY: The song starts with P!nk singing some lyrics until later in Eminem kicks in with his usual rapping skills. Overall I'm not a fan of their 4 collaborations but if I had to pick then it might be "Revenge", though "Need Me" is a close 2nd.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P!nk Forever

• JGibson

• rvx

• TheWayWeWere

gBWK1ou.png

ARTIST: NICKI MINAJ

SONG: DID IT ON EM

ALBUM: Pink Friday

YEAR: 2010

GENRE: Hip-Hop/Rap

STORY: I'm not a fan of Nicki Minaj but that whole vengeance rap with the Chris Rock duplicate in the back using curse words had me literally rolling on the floor.

your layout slays sis :clap3: 

Nicki's debut low-key still snaps :jonny: her best work along with TPP

AHS making impact even on music :fan: 

Disparate Youth :worship:

2 hours ago, P!nk Forever said:

TA8yuz7.png

ARTIST: SANTIGOLD

SONG: DISPARATE YOUTH

ALBUM: Disparate Youth

YEAR: 2012

GENRE: Electropop

STORY: Santigold alongside M.I.A. are just 2 of the pioneers of coloured women who incorporated electronic music with rap and carried the torch for new and upcomers. This song is iconic for its decade.

So good :jonny6: 

vdUlkLJ.png

ARTIST: MARILYN MANSON

SONG: THIRD DAY OF A SEVEN DAY BINGE

ALBUM: The Pale Emperor

YEAR: 2015

GENRE: Industrial Metal/Metal

STORY: During my Twenties I was a Marilyn Manson stan in all forms. I watched every video and collected every song. I think "The High End of Low" was his last greatest effort. I just couldn't get into the last albums he released but this song is alright.

Edited by P!nk Forever

YTeXYLm.png

ARTIST: JACK WHITE

SONG: LOVE IS BLINDNESS

ALBUM: Sixteen Saltines

GENRE: Alternative Rock/Garage

STORY: Although it is a cover of U2 Jack gives it a personal twist which I love about this song. I already was a White Stripes stan of some sort so I had to check out his solo effort.

Edited by P!nk Forever

oZ6uHPy.png

ARTIST: ALICE MERTON

SONG: NO ROOTS

ALBUM: Mint

YEAR: 2016

GENRE: Pop

STORY: Here's a validation that Pop songs do also play a role in my countdown if they're good. To me Alice however seems like a One-Hit-Wonder. Her other songs do not have that remarkable energy of "No Roots".

Edited by P!nk Forever

rBvYbww.png

ARTIST: DRAKE

SONG: HOTLINE BLING

ALBUM: Views

GENRE: Pop/R&B

STORY: Drake is a must in every Top 100 Countdown for this decade. And here we are again with the AHS related songs. "Hotline Bling" was featured in an episode for Hotel when the Countess' toyboy-with-a-jawline-for-days Donovan dances along to it after shooting the man that gave Gaga the special blood virus.

Edited by P!nk Forever

22zO4B5.png

ARTIST: DEICHKIND

SONG: LEIDER GEIL

ALBUM: Befehl von ganz unten

GENRE: Dance/Electronic

STORY: Finally the first german song in my Countdown and there aren't too many. Deichkind are a german HipHop band more or less that elevated their sound into danceable electronic music. I still think "Bon Voyage" (ft. Nina) stays untouchable but "Leider Geil" is a fun track to listen to once in a while.

yFUcju0.png

ARTIST: LADY ANTEBELLUM

SONG: NEED YOU NOW

ALBUM: Need You Now

GENRE: Pop

STORY: I heard the song first on the radio and it's so good that the Grammy award for it is totally justified. 

RtID5LZ.png

ARTIST: CHRIS STAPLETON

SONG: TENNESSEE WHISKEY

ALBUM: Traveller

YEAR: 2015

GENRE: Country

STORY: After I heard P!nk's collaboration with him on "Love Me Anyway" I had to check out his music and this song struck me the most. Sometimes I love to listen to pour-me-in-another-Jägermeister-shot type of tracks.

a5CjEjP.png

ARTIST: WITHIN TEMPTATION

SONG: FASTER

ALBUM: Faster

YEAR: 2011

GENRE: Metal

STORY: It's the same as with Marilyn Manson. I even had a phase where I listened to Metal music most of all. Within Temptation stick to their sound and they even carried their fanbase onto this day which is impressive.

F85Yzzi.png

ARTIST: WOODKID

SONG: IRON

ALBUM: Iron EP

YEAR: 2011

GENRE: Alternative/Indie

STORY: Woodkid was for sure one of the pioneers for the new direction of alternative sounds for this decade and a great music video director I must add. "Born to Die" still remains my most favorite music video of this decade.

UeEtCPS.png

ARTIST: T.I. ft. P!NK

SONG: GUNS AND ROSES

ALBUM: Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head

GENRE: HipHop/Rap

STORY: I was hyped to find out that the song would eventually get a video though with most T.I. projects this never happened. I also believe it sounds similar to "Dead and Gone" - a previous collaboration with Justin Timberlake but I still prefer the P!nk featured track of course.

Need You Now + Tennessee Whiskey + No Roots :clap3:

Marilyn Manson :eek: nice to see him on some countdowns, even tho he was a bit non-event this decade. The Pale Emperor was his best effort through this decade tho! Deep Six is cute too :eli:

Hotline Bling :party: 

tKwDvAm.png

ARTIST: LIZZO

SONG: JUICE

ALBUM: Juice

YEAR: 2019

STORY: The song could as well belong to Bruno Mars' catalogue of hits but Lizzo adds that extra coolness to the song without being too pretentious. A certified bop.

hdglANs.png

ARTIST: VOLBEAT

SONG: FALLEN

ALBUM: Fallen

GENRE: Death Metal/Metal

STORY: To my surprise I heard this song on the radio first and immediately fell in love with it because of the powerful lyrics. And it's more than just a Metal song anyway.

oXIOdEY.png

ARTIST: AVEC

SONG: UNDER WATER

ALBUM: Heaven / Hell

YEAR: 2018

STORY: AVEC is a young female aspiring artist from Austria. I wanted to use the song as my submission for the latest ATRL Eurovision Song Contest. Sadly the game was put on hold. The song is beautiful regardless.

DNGULfF.png

ARTIST: ZAYN ft. SIA

SONG: DUSK TILL DAWN

ALBUM: Dusk Till Dawn (The Remixes)

STORY: A One Directioner made my Top 100 list. Who'd knew? I mainly like the song because of Sia. ZAYN's pronunciation is bad at  times that I wish some skilful male artist would had sung his part.

W70UZK2.png

ARTIST: HUNTER AS A HORSE

SONG: THE PASSENGER

ALBUM: The Passenger

STORY: I heard this song in AHS: Hotel. It was in a scene when Will Drake was dressing up with his son for the wedding with the Countess while Ms. Evers did nothing but warn him about her bad intentions.

7QEtH13.png

ARTIST: SHANA FALANA

SONG: GO

ALBUM: Set Your Lightning Fire Free

STORY: And here's another featured song from AHS: Hotel. It was used in Sally's sex, drugs and Rock&Roll scene when she sewed herself up with her grungy mates and had to endure several days until her perverted dreams of never being left alone summoned the Addiction Demon.

zgave8Q.png

ARTIST: JULIA MICHAELS

SONG: ISSUES

ALBUM: Issues

STORY: This is like the only Julia Michaels song I could ever get into. You can tell she's more on the songwriter/producer type of side because I actually love her collaborations with P!nk in specific ("Barbies", "For Now", etc...).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.