REM-EMBERING 2019 ⭐ Finished!

Remmy

• ATRL Moderator

Head Above Water is a great album... If we pretend Dumb Blonde is not on the album :mandown:

Also yes at MUNA. I also discovered them this year!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remmy

• TheWayWeWere

• kelly-clarkson

• Legend E

• ATRL Moderator

didn't care much for singular act ii 
turn off the light was pretty good. junk was cute but couldn't listen much
sanctuary :clap3: 

everyday, waves talent, good as hell
talented discoveries aces, super love, chelsea jade :jonny:

Everything I Wanted, Imagination, Good as Hell, Wars, Someone New, Sunseeker, Swan Song, ATGGGTH :clap3:

I wish a couple of them had made the actual countdown though, mainly Good as Hell and Sunseeker (although it's new so I guess it could make it next year).

Ordinary Pleasure is easily my top pick from this newest single update. OMG is also a total bop... BUT not as great as her song with The Knocks from 2016. So weird still to think of Good As Hell as a single from this year :deadbanana: 

Sing street songs are really great, giving that 80s vibe, and the movie is also beautiful! :heart2:

6 hours ago, Remmy said:

REPLIES:

Reveal hidden contents

Of course :sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats::sats:

I guess I'll keep myself guessing until I consider rewatching it in 2028 tumblr_inline_n7713luqou1qexfme.gif

Hmm hmm hmm can't agree :fan: Plus I appreciate that we finally have someone releasing Halloween projects

Yeah I'm really annoyed :rip: Especially since we have no information on when the next tracklist update is...

I wonder if you're gonna enjoy my HMs & On Deck section more than the actual list :gaycat3:

149. Billie Eilish "everything i wanted"
146. Ashley Tisdale "Love Me & Let Me Go"
145. Foster the People "Imagination"
143. James Bay
ft. Julia Michaels "Peer Pressure"
141. Halsey "Graveyard"

134. Of Monsters & Men "Wars"
133. Lizzo "Good as Hell"
130. The Naked & Famous "Sunseeker"

126. Billie Eilish "all the good girls go to hell"

vo3dfIo.png

vo3dfIo.png

:date2:

9 hours ago, Remmy said:

Yeah I'm really annoyed :rip: Especially since we have no information on when the next tracklist update is...

never probably :fan: we all can remember how Demi keeps 'updating' TMYLM :fan: 

EIW is a jam :clap3:

Boyfriend could've been higher :eli: 

and Graveyard too :'(  

• ATRL Moderator

Again no big losses when it comes to singles :michael:

Glad you discovered MUNA :heart2:

149. Billie Eilish "everything i wanted"\\
144. Toro y Moi "Ordinary Pleasure"\
141. Halsey "Graveyard"\
138. Weyes Blood "Everyday"\
135. Normani 
ft. 6LACK "Waves"\
133. Lizzo "Good as Hell"
132. Astrid S "Someone New"
131. Khalid "Up All Night"
130. The Naked & Famous "Sunseeker"
129. Loote "All the F*cking Time"
128. Gryffin 
ft. Carly Rae Jepsen "OMG"
127. Dua Lipa "Swan Song"
126. Billie Eilish "all the good girls go to hell"

050. Nina Nesbitt "Chewing Gum" (2016)

040. Hatchie "Bad Guy" (2018)
037. MUNA "So Special" (2017)
032. Charli XCX "SuperLove" (2013)
024. MUNA "End of Desire" (2017)
012. MUNA "Everything" (2017)
004. MUNA "I Know a Place" (2017)
003. Hatchie "Sleep" (2018)

ugh the hatchie slayage even if i don't know the #2 song :clap3: 

weyes should've made top 100 but other than that i'm fine

Singularity II disappointed me, In My Bed is cute tho :mandown: TOTL is flawless :smitten: but sis check out the Fancy You EP x

everything i wanted kinda flopping :chick1: Graveyard bombing :oh: Everyday deserved top 100 but at least it made the list :flower:

I like Someone New, atgggth, Boyfriend, Exhale, Waves and Swan Song but not enough to feel bad about them flopping :-*

yaaass Talia is so good, the only song from her that I use :jonny4:I only discovered it bc of ATRL's Song Contest

Haven't listened to The Naked and Famous in years but I stanned Young Blood and Hearts Like Ours back in the day :thing:

Party's Over >>> Astrid S :fan: I still gotta listen to the MUNA album, their sophomore was nice but not enough to make me stan

REPLIES:

Spoiler
19 hours ago, prézli said:

but Motivation is better, so I hope it'll appear. :)

Also, I forgot to post it before, but ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? HOW CAN NATASHA BEDINGFIELD BE ON THE LIST??? Her album is one of the worst things that happened this year. This is tasteless.

Yes, for sure :gaycat2:

Don't worry she's not on any main lists. She was in my bottom 5 for Best Albums and had 2 honorable mentions for Best Singles (which was basically just songs that I only played once or twice.)

17 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Head Above Water is a great album... If we pretend Dumb Blonde is not on the album :mandown:

Also yes at MUNA. I also discovered them this year!

I actually think Goddess is the worst song on the album by far :gaycat3: Maybe her weakest overall?

Yesss at us getting into talent :sats:

16 hours ago, potent said:

Sunseeker (although it's new so I guess it could make it next year).

Yep :alexz3: Anything released in November (and maybe a bit of October) could show up again next year, and all December releases will have to wait.

13 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

So weird still to think of Good As Hell as a single from this year :deadbanana: 

Right :rip: Part of me is fine with it and part of me is really mad that Soulmate hasn't been released (which was originally planned to happen at some point.)

13 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Sing street songs are really great, giving that 80s vibe, and the movie is also beautiful! :heart2:

Yes for sure :date: 

9 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

never probably :fan: we all can remember how Demi keeps 'updating' TMYLM :fan: 

Boyfriend could've been higher :eli: 

You know what, I actually completely forgot about that :rip: But at least we got a whole album from her while we've only received an EP's worth of songs from Skylar.

If it wasn't such a tu,n replica then it could've been, but that chorus gets me bopping a bit more than tu,n's :jamming:

9 hours ago, Legend E said:

Glad you discovered MUNA :heart2:

Same :date: I lowkey can't imagine my 2019 without them!

5 hours ago, Lazuli said:

ugh the hatchie slayage even if i don't know the #2 song :clap3: 

Yeah Adored was just some standalone track released via Adult Swim (of all places?) Her best song though, get into IT!

3 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

but sis check out the Fancy You EP x

everything i wanted kinda flopping :chick1:

yaaass Talia is so good, the only song from her that I use :jonny4:I only discovered it bc of ATRL's Song Contest

Haven't listened to The Naked and Famous in years but I stanned Young Blood and Hearts Like Ours back in the day :thing:

Party's Over >>> Astrid S :fan: I still gotta listen to the MUNA album, their sophomore was nice but not enough to make me stan

Alright fine you got me! I haven't listened in a bit but it was my favorite rap song of 2014 :heart2:

Well it's still very new, probably in my bottom 5 from her as well :gaycat3: 

Wow the ONLY song? :chick1: And whew thanks to whoever sent that in.

I skipped the album that has Hearts Like Ours on it, whoops :keir:

Not when self-titled has the Hurts So Good/Jump/Atic 1-2-3 punch! Hmmm a bit disgraceful but yeah get into that ASAP.

vo3dfIo.png

BEST ALBUMS || #35-31

35. Foals 'Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2'

Trinity: 1. The Runner • 2. Like Lightning • 3. Black Bull

Bottom 3: 6. Dreaming Of • 7. Into the Surf • 8. Neptune
Thoughts~ She's good... but kinda NOTHING compared to Part 1. I feel like they went into

new territory with Part 1 but in this sequel they gave us a more typical sound.

34. Of Monsters and Men 'FEVER DREAM'

Trinity: 1. Alligator • 2. Wars • 3. Stuck In Gravity

Bottom 3: 9. Ahay • 10. Wild Roses • 11. Under a Dome
Thoughts~ More lively than their first 2 albums but it's still pretty much on the same level as them:

Enjoyable, but nothing very special. They kinda teased us too hard with the lead single.

33. half•alive 'Now, Not Yet'

Trinity: 1. arrow • 2. RUNAWAY • 3. Pure Gold

Bottom 3: 9. creature • 10. ok ok? • 11. BREAKFAST
Thoughts~ A good debut, was hoping for something a bit stronger but I'll take it.

Not a ton of standouts aside from the pre-release tracks.

32. Beyoncé & Various Artists 'The Lion King: The Gift'

Trinity: 1. MOOD 4 EVA • 2. MY POWER • 3. SPIRIT

Bottom 3: 11. WATER • 12. JA ARA E • 13. ALREADY
Thoughts~ I'm surprised that so many people have underrated this album & I seem to like it more than a lot of

the Hive. It's a good time, especially since I've never dived into afrobeat, plus Bey's 2018 side project w/ Jay-Z

had my expectations lowered. It's way better than the actual movie AND its original soundtrack combined.

31. Tove Lo 'Sunshine Kitty' 

Trinity: 1. Glad He's Gone • 2. Bad As the Boys • 3. Shifted

Bottom 3: 11. Jacques • 12. Really don't like u • 13. Mistaken
Thoughts~ It kinda hurts to put her this low but I feel like there's a few too many songs that are

just there - they don't feel like a standout and don't feel like a filler. It's still very cohesive

and mostly enjoyable, although more toned down than I expected / wanted.

vo3dfIo.png

FOALS_LP2_ONLINE_REGULAR1-1-1.jpgf2e2783037386b8edd189d7a82d65ded.1000x1000x1.jpg

024425b1a9cd97a94ca44950e780c138.1000x1000x1.jpgThe_Lion_King_The_Gift.pngtovelo_sunshinekitty.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

Oh wow, Sunshine Kitty is very low. :eek:  You like the same songs as I do. :party: Yeah, I feel your disappointment, the first half is very strong, the second half is meh, but it still feels good for me (as I didn't hear too many good albums this year :michael:).

The Gift is whateva. 

Képtalálat a következőre: „beyoncé whatever gif”

Sunshine Kitty was really a cute girl, but I have to say I got bored with it so quick compared to Tove's past albums :weeps: 
Never finished listenening to Fever Dream fff :mandown: 

I loved Gift like..for a minute :fan:  Beyonce better revive next year :eli:  Water is a bop tho sis :eli: 

Sunshine Kitty is a bit low :'( not her best, yeah, but still pretty good work :clap3: 

I found both Foals' albums just a bit meh :confused: preferred Part 1 if I had to choose, the only song I vaguely remember from Part 2 is Into the Surf which was cute after the interlude in Part 1

REPLIES:

Spoiler
2 hours ago, prézli said:

Oh wow, Sunshine Kitty is very low. :eek:  You like the same songs as I do. :party: Yeah, I feel your disappointment, the first half is very strong, the second half is meh, but it still feels good for me (as I didn't hear too many good albums this year :michael:).

Mmm both of us serving taste :sats: I actually don't think there's any superior half, there's highs and lows on both.

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Sunshine Kitty was really a cute girl, but I have to say I got bored with it so quick compared to Tove's past albums :weeps: 
Never finished listenening to Fever Dream fff :mandown: 

Yeah, pretty much my exact feelings :katie:

Welp :rip: I guess you didn't miss out on too much.

1 hour ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I loved Gift like..for a minute :fan:  Beyonce better revive next year :eli:  Water is a bop tho sis :eli: 

Well at least you're definitely not alone :keir: And according to sales and streams, many fans/stans haven't even bothered to press play :rip: Don't remember what it sounds like, honestly!

53 minutes ago, Body Electrician said:

I found both Foals' albums just a bit meh :confused: preferred Part 1 if I had to choose, the only song I vaguely remember from Part 2 is Into the Surf which was cute after the interlude in Part 1

Well I could label Part 2 like that but definitely not 1 :gaycat3: Except for Cafe d'Athens on the latter, which is the least favorite from both combined.

vo3dfIo.png

Now with HMs & On Deck out of the way, it's time to REALLY start the singles list!

BEST SINGLES || #125-116

[[ Eligibility period: Q4 2018 to 12/01/19 ]]

NOTE: Some album tracks might end up on here because people don't want to be clear

on what's an official single, and vise-versa for the upcoming Non-Singles list. x

125. Winona Oak "He Don't Love Me" [[1 of 3 entries]]
124. Robyn "Ever Again" [[1 of 1 entries]]
123. Conan Gray "Maniac" [[1 of 3 entries]]
122. Betty Who "Between You & Me" [[1 of 2 entries]]
121. twenty one pilots "The Hype" [[1 of 2 entries]]
120. Nina Nesbitt "Black & Blue" [[1 of 3 entries]]
119. John Mayer "I Guess I Just Feel Like" [[1 of 2 entries]]
118. Imagine Dragons "Bad Liar" [[1 of 1 entries]]
117. Sara Bareilles "Fire" [[1 of 1 entries]]
116. AJR "Dear Winter" [[1 of 2 entries]]

vo3dfIo.png

0813ae2ef870c13bdad8225af5282337.1000x1000x1.jpgRobyn_%E2%80%93_Ever_Again_single.jpg9c245e6ea1ddbd3ee7d13bcbe56a48a4.1000x1000x1.jpg220px-Betty_Who_-_Between_You_%26_Me.jpg220px-The_cover_for_The_Hype_single.jpg

8f16feeff0111f2851d22a8867a3cfd1.1000x1000x1.jpg29ebacdbbafbb3bff457670d0d2c306b.640x640x1.jpg220px-Imagine_Dragons_Bad_Liar.jpgDza_H1wUcAMlV1K.jpg97025d7ad6f33049688ada91b3a35368.1000x1000x1.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

BEST SOUNDTRACK SONGS || #20-01

(Including tracks from albums that are INSPIRED by a film. Q4 2018 releases count for this list, too.)

20. Ellie Goulding "Do You Remember" [Fighting with My Family]
19. Mena Massoud "One Jump Ahead" [Aladdin]
18. Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emily Blunt, Company "A Cover Is Not the Book" [Mary Poppins Returns]
17. Emily Blunt "The Place Where Lost Things Go" [Mary Poppins Returns]
16. Beyoncé "FIND YOUR WAY BACK" [The Lion King]
15. Blackway & Black Caviar "What's Up Danger" [Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse]
14. Beyoncé "OTHERSIDE" [The Lion King]
13. Jonathan Groff "Lost In the Woods" [Frozen II]
12. Raffey Cassidy "Your Body Talk" [Vox Lux]
11. Taron Egerton "Crocodile Rock" [Rocketman]

10. Beyoncé "SPIRIT" [The Lion King]
09. Raffey Cassidy "Hologram (Smoke and Mirrors)" [Vox Lux]
08. DJ Khalil ft. Denzel Curry, YBN Cordae, SwaVay & Trevor Rich "Elevate" [Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse]
07. Tierra Whack, Beyoncé & Moonchild Sanelly ft. Nija "MY POWER" [The Lion King]
06. Taron Egerton "Amoreena" [Rocketman]
05. Beyoncé, JAY-Z & Childish Gambino "MOOD 4 EVA" [The Lion King]
04. Taron Egerton & Kit Connor "Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting)" [Rocketman]
03. Taron Egerton "Rocket Man" [Rocketman]
02. Taron Egerton & Richard Madden "Honky Cat" [Rocketman]
01. Billie Eilish "WHEN I WAS OLDER" [Roma]

Bonus - 7 Worst Songs:
1. Natalie Portman "Ekg" [Vox Lux] :mazen:
2. Chiwetel Ejiofor "Be Prepared" [The Lion King]
3. Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét "Got Her Own" [Charlie's Angels]
4. Natalie Portman "Private Girl" [Vox Lux]
5. Ariana Grande "How I Look on You" {Charlie's Angels]
6. ZAYN & Zhavia Ward "A Whole New World" [Aladdin] 
7. Natalie Portman "Wrapped Up" [Vox Lux]

vo3dfIo.png

Beyonc%C3%A9_-_Spirit.png81EzpgRyXHL._SS500_.jpgInto_the_Spider-Verse_Cover.jpgThe_Lion_King_The_Gift.pngElton-John-Rocketman-soundtrack-cover-web-optimised-820.jpg

The_Lion_King_The_Gift.pngElton-John-Rocketman-soundtrack-cover-web-optimised-820.jpgElton-John-Rocketman-soundtrack-cover-web-optimised-820.jpgElton-John-Rocketman-soundtrack-cover-web-optimised-820.jpgcc3085d402442fc2866e7ee95e9fada3.939x939x1.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

Mood 4 Eva being one of the highlights is accurate :giraffe:

Why does everyone hate How I look On You it’s a masterpiece :angry:

• ATRL Moderator

FIND YOUR WAY BACK is a bop :clap3:

BIGGER deserved a mention imo.

I really like ID's Bad Liar. The instrumental is great!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.