TheWayWeWere's Best of 2019 | PG.13 - TOP 3 REVEALED

TheWayWeWere

12 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Maggie's album was nice but a bit underwhelming, my faves were mostly the singles + Say It :-*

so basically 7 out of 12 tracks? not bad :fan: 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Jet

TwIQXHG.png

album #29 - Mahalia, Love and Compromise

"A man comes into my life and I have to compromise?"

Another big discovery for me this year! I saw her amazing music vid for 'I Wish I Missed My Ex' before, but never actually was bothered to listen to her other songs. But this album is pretty great! Kinda reminds me of Kehlani's SSS, very catchy, vibey, pop-r&b sound with her sultry voice all along  :smitten:

some favorites:  I Wish I Missed My Ex, Simmer, Do Not Disturb, Consistency

iMLOpa9.png

single #29 - Taylor Swift, Lover

"This is our place, we make the rules"

After two huge missteps with the first two singles, Taylor finds her way to catches my attention with this nostalgic, pure track in the vein of some of her best works. She kinda ruined the experience with godawful Shawn remix, but we can pretend it didn't happen  :fan:

G07ZhDE.png

album #28 - Hatchie, Keepsake

"Even when you're gone, I feel like you're the one who's won"

I found this girl last year thanks to this section of ATRL, she appeared in many atrlers best-ofs list with her EP, and it was deserving! EP full of sad pop bangerz really hits me. Her first full-length album was good too. It basically follows the same concept, but for me, it never reaches the highs of her debut EP. Still very strong work from one of the most promising artists right now.

some favorites:  Not That Kind, Obsessed, Unwanted Guest, Secret

3OBmg0J.png 

single #28 - Shura, religion

"If you're an Angel, can I be your God?"

LGBT-icon Shura backs on her pop trajectory with this electronic christian pop jam! Whew, it's so perfectly crafted and sounds so fresh  :'( If only GP could finally appreciate her talent :'(

uh3mObz.png album #27 - Kim Petras, Clarity

"I still wonder if I called you, what would that do?"

Another overrated on this site record from Kim  :fan: I know, it's pretty good, amazingly catchy pop record, but for me, it's too candy ( :skull: ) and some tracks sound outdated a bit. Also, most of them not even competitive with her ERA1 singles :'( But Kim still proves that she's able to create bops!

some favorites: Icy, Got My Number, Broken, Do Me

BQQ66A6.png

single #27 - benny blanco, Tainy, Selena Gomez & J Balvin, I Can't Get Enough 

"I like that, you like that, so let's be crazy"

Welp, I know this song gets much hate and drags on this site  :skull: but I used to bop to this for some time, I rarely like latin pop songs, but this actually jams :katie2: You know, it's the case when it's a mess, but a good mess :rip:

IJoRPtX.png

Edited by TheWayWeWere

lover :heart2: the only remix she's done is the first dance remix, no? 

keepsake and religion :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator

Lover :clap3:

It's a great song but I prefer You Need To Calm Down :shutup:

1 hour ago, Lazuli said:

the only remix she's done is the first dance remix, no?

7JgowSo.gif

missed so many updates :dies: all I can say is that you served talent

Hatchie though, we finally did something useful

8ikwNxb.gif

Taylor, Hatchie, Shura, Kim all in a row YUP :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
Lover is great, but let's stop shading YNTCD :angry: religion is a major bop of course. Keepsake yup Hatchie did it again, and I also found her from Best of 2018 :gaycat3: Finally I see Unwanted Guest on someone's highlights list. Clarity is great :jamming: Whew excellent top 4 from that.

• ATRL Moderator

Lover is by far the best single this era lol, but then again there's really not much competition.

I disagree about Keepsake not reaching the highs of her EP, we got Secret and Stay With Me!

Lover and Religion are fantastic singles, yes they are. Especially the fact that she released Religion like right at the beginning of pride month. A lesbian queen!

Hatchie was a cute girl too!

oh my at your chart data 

nice touch :eek:

Lover :weeps::heart2:

I Can't Get Enough is a boppp  :celestial4:

Kim really snapped with Clarity, it's littered with all the types of girly bubblegum synth pop bops I love :jonny4:

7 hours ago, theblackestday said:

The way the Hatchie payolas worked. you are WELCOME. 8ikwNxb.gif

reverse Zara Larsson experience OgIeaga.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.