TheWayWeWere's Best of 2019 | PG.13 - TOP 3 REVEALED

TheWayWeWere

13 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

single #41 - Ariana Grande & Victoria Monet, Monopoly

"If they try come stoppin' me I show them my discography"

Welp, trashy fun bop, but used to be my jam for few weeks, but aged badly tbh :skull: Got Her Own >>> 

BVvRLl8.png

album #39 - Tinashe, Songs for You

"Heart goes numb when the days turn to weeks"

I used to hate Tinasha, than started to love her thanks to pre-Joyride singles then she disappointed with that album and that was kinda it. But welp, she was able to return spotlight in my eyes, thanks to that release. Cohesive, fun, hot r&b record remains probably her best project to date  :clap3:some favorites:  Life's Too Short, Save Room for Us, Die a Little Bit, Know Better

3HvdoOT.png

single #39 - Miley Cyrus, On a Roll

"Oh honey, don't think anything, just have it all"

I LOVE when artists make something special for their acting appearances, Miley makes it on another level. I mean, creating new ego with songs :jonny:  ugh, if only her label was smart enough to push this. Incredibly catchy fun pop track along with Black Mirror episode serves as a great satire on pop music, remaining great pop track itself :clap3: 

BJENuSb.png

Love these, but On A Roll? I will never understand everyne's love for it.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Jet

I think I only know Die a Little Bit from Tinashe's album and it was cute, but I'm not sure if I'd be interested in hearing a full album.

On a Roll is not the tea :eli:

• ATRL Moderator

still sad was cute.
home with you :jonny:
the songs with you praise  :clap3:
on a roll is such a bop. we have to stan

Hey I'm a Ho! I'm on a roll! I forgot to include that in my listing since I forgot she even released it on streaming and stuff. Much better than any of her actual songs this year imo... tho I thought the actual Black Mirror ep was kinda stupid.

This Will Young dude seems interesting... Richard X :eek: 

thanks for comments y'all :kiss: not y'all preferring Ashley O over Miley tho :rip:

XZ4LoIc.png

album #38 - Kim Petras, TURN OFF THE LIGHT

"Gimme the face, save me the body, skinniest waist"

Welp, Kim finally catches my attention this year, with all these releases. Era 1 singles remain her best, but this is pretty cute. It aged kinda badly for me. But it's nice to have someone with Halloween-themed music. Would've been much better if instrumentals were the real songs :'(

some favorites:  Bloody Valentine, Wrong Turn, Close Your Eyes

CyljMNi.png

single #38 - Emma Bunton, Baby Please Don't Stop

"Boy, too much can never be enough"

Who could've thought that out of all Spice Girls (besides talented and working Melanie C), Emma would've finally returned with new music  :jonny: She SERVED with this one, she used to slay with her motown-sound use, and this one fits the theme with some fresh air. Great breezy track

1ZmatNs.png

album #37 - LSD, LABRINTH, SIA & DIPLO PRESENT... LSD

"We are the kings and queens seeking our aces out"

This is one of those times when collab sounds good on paper, but eventually turns out to be a little bit of mess :skull: I mean, they could've done much much better seeing all the talent in here. They served with Thunderclouds and should've released album much earlier, waiting just killed somewhat hype around them. Everything feels half-assed to me.

some favorites:  Thunderclouds, Genius, Mountains, It's Time

FZ0gDFE.png

single #37 - Marina, Orange Trees

"Life is beautiful and now you see this is how it feels to be free"

I'm a sucker for some fun summerish bops like this  :jonny4: It has such a great vibe for summer :jonny: I know Marina gets so much hate here this year, but I actually like her music. Yeah, it's a bit basic and nowhere close to Froot, but Marina still can do good music.

IUxaVUH.png

album #36 - Kehlani, While We Wait

"I left footsteps in the mud so you could follow me"

Tbh, listening to this album while doing graphics for it, I realized how good it is, this didn't really hit me back when it was released, but it's actually such a solid record. Very cohesive, amazingly catchy and fun. Ugh, Kehlani is such a talent, really exciting about her 2nd album  :party:

some favorites:  Footsteps, Nights Like This, Too Deep, Love Language

dSNephi.png

single #36 - Dawn Richard, jealousy

"Your page don't even look like you, them titties lookin' phony"

Dawn did it again  :clap3: Tbh she should've been Beyonce of the band :jonny: I hate how underrated she is. Great track and opening for new era.

yce7MQv.png

• ATRL Moderator

Mess I forgot about LSD.....  They released the album and kinda disappeared.

But they have some bops. Genius & Audio are my favorite songs of them :katie2:

Turn Off The Light was such a serve, deserved top 10 :jonny4: Bloody Valentine is probs my least fav tho :fan:

I do wish that either she took off like 2 of the instrumentals or made the into real songs cause having one between each song is a bit :katie:

Wrong Turn being one of your faves :party: Close Your Eyes is excellent but lowkey overrated :keir: Nights Like You was cute, I think I skipped through some of the songs and idk, it didn't click with me :katie: I haven't loved anything she's released since SSS :chick1:

• ATRL Moderator

On a roll slays.  Songs for you is solid and should be higher.   

Im kinda over dawn.  She needs to come up with something real quick 

I never listened to that LSD album, but some of the singles were cute, mainly just Thunderclouds though.

Genius also a bop, I played it a little bit this year when it was re released as a single, too bad it was basically ignored though :rip: 

I liked Thunderclouds but I didn't care enough about them to check their album.  :skull: 

Yass Tinashe (Joyride is a great album btw, Ooh La La and Stuck With Me are classiques)

I like On a Roll but felt like I couldn't truly connect with it because I don't watch the show... oh well lol 

Thunderclouds is nice but I never cared to explore that full album. TURN OFF THE LIGHT is really that girl :sats: But oh wow I can't relate @ it aging badly, then again not many albums age badly for me in the first place. Your trinity is solid :alexz3:

I'm not familiar with most of these sings, actually I didn't even know LSD released an album :rip: I liked thunderclouds so I'll have to check them out :lakitu:

thanks for comments and attention, as always :kiss: 

DAkdTV5.png

album #35 - Fantasia, Sketchbook

"You know I'm a legend Preaching to you every day like a reverend"

I didn't really expect anything from Fantasia this year since singles kinda came in and went out fast for me  :rip: But actually, she did great work on this one. I used to love Definition, but this album is much more cohesive, more mature adult r&b work with some nice trap-beats and sexy jams here and there :eli: Kinda lacks any stand-outs tho.

some favorites:  Believer, The Way, Enough, Take Off

GDmYrsx.png

single #35 - Billie Eilish, bury a friend

"What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me?"

One of the first Billie songs that actually catches my attention (after her Roma soundtrack contribution). Very haunting, dark indie-pop anthem. I love how energetic her performances with this are  :clap3:

o3i4XtJ.png

album #34 - Mabel, High Expectations

"You should know that I've got high expectations, You gonna have to get this right"

Yes, bitch, we've had high expectations for your long-awaited debut album. WTF WAS THAT?  :rip: Yeah, she served some bops here, but most of them were already released singles and others are interludes :rip: I really hope it's just..you know, label issue and she's going to feed us more with her Bedroom EP material, but this is not the tea right now :rip:

some favorites:  OK, Trouble, Stckhlm Syndrome, Not Sayin

7LMhZ59.png

single #34 - Halsey, Graveyard

"I keep diggin' myself down deeper, I won't stop 'til I get where you are"

Welp, Ms. Frangipane slays two years in a row with her HFK pop massacre and singles after. This year been a little bit a miss for ha. Nightmare SNAPS for a second but aged badly for me. Her messy collabs like 11 Minutes or Boys With Luv are just..  :skull: Graveyard is a little bit of WithoutMe-wannabe, but we appreciate that. Nice and catchy bop, not even in her top 10 and kinda weak choice for a single, but her live performances always make songs better :clap3:

QIDO0MU.png

album #33 - Emma Bunton, My Happy Place

"I've tried to tell you I'm not a game you can play"

It's such a nice gift to have new music from Emma finally. More than a decade since the release of Life in Mono. She served 3 great records back to back before. This album turns out to be a little disappointing. First of all, covers - I mean, 2 Became 1 rendition in 2019? Emma, sis :rip: Second of all, everything feels a little bit half-assed. Idk, some recordings feel just uninspired. I still hope it's not her one-off release and she keeps feeding us with new records. 

some favorites:  Don't Call Me Baby, Too Many TeardropsYou're All I Need to Get By

sDfkKCx.png

single #33 - Mabel, Don't Call Me Up

"I'm over you and I don't need your lies no more"

So, Dua Lipa is an icon now, since her song gets rehashes already?  :fan: Welp, kinda messy, but fun and incredibly catchy New Rules of 2019, should've been bigger hit tho. 

FN6oMaO.png

bury a friend was such a serve :jonny4: I wasn't really into her but that song turned me into a stan :smitten:

Graveyard was a huge disappointment for me :noparty: It's decent but I don't love it :katie: hopefully the album is better

lowkey hate Don't Call Me Up :fan: I'm not huge on Mabel outside of Bedroom and Finders Keepers which are both 10/10s :-*

• ATRL Moderator

I enjoyed High Expectations. It's a cute pop album :-*

Don't Call Me Up & Graveyard are bops :clap3:

bury a friend, Graveyard and Don't Call Me Up :jamming:

High Expectations is a great album :clap3:

Have to say that Orange Trees is underrated still!!!! Glad to see you include it, but also being transparent about knowing that it's kinda ****, but still a fun summery bop, because you're absolutely right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.