TheWayWeWere's Best of 2019 | PG.13 - TOP 3 REVEALED

TheWayWeWere

The Godvril drag :clap3:

BRKLNDN was cute but a bit underwhelming, she made up for it with religion anyway

I like Ciara but I didn't care for BM and didn't bother listening :noparty: Poor her I guess x

Dido song was cute but she kinda went off the radar too for me

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Jet

BKLYNLDN :smitten: 2nd best on the album yup yup. But whoops it was a single? :skull: I know it came out before religion, I thought it was just a little early treat for fans though.

5 hours ago, Madame X said:

Beauty Marks wasn't as bad as people said it was. :chick3:  Level Up is still one of her best.  It shoulda been better though.

TELL HA. :clap3: 

Don't Feel Like Crying & Late Night Feelings yasssss :celestial4::celestial4::celestial4:

• ATRL Moderator

I enjoyed Head Above Water. In my opinion it's not a bad album. But I know Dumb Blonde doesn't fit with the other songs and it kinda ruins the album.

BKLYNLDN is a good one, I didn't really consider it a single (was it?) but glad to see it here nonetheless :clap3:

I like Norah and Dido, but I didn't check them this year :shutup:

BKLNLDN or whatever is a cute track! I liked it more on the first listen I think, since I seem to prefer a lot more of the rest of the album to it. Sky sing, cute as well for sure.

Only listened to Beyonce from the listing, and it was cute as far as a live album goes!

10 hours ago, Remmy said:

BKLYNLDN :smitten: 2nd best on the album yup yup. But whoops it was a single? :skull: 

I thought that was a lead :rip: 

T5EENeU.png

album #41 - Will Young, Lexicon

"Before I broke the truth, I told you all those lies"

Will's best work remains Echoes, which was produced by Richard X. And he finally reunites with him on a new album. Lexicon remains a little bit wannabe to Echoes, but he still serves with some beautiful pop jams here and there. He needs to do something with his image tho, aging Sam Smith look is not the tea  :rip:
some favorites: Scars, I Bet You Call, Forever, The Way We Were ( :eli: )

VjicAEp.png

single #41 - Ariana Grande & Victoria Monet, Monopoly

"If they try come stoppin' me I show them my discography"

Welp, trashy fun bop, but used to be my jam for few weeks, but aged badly tbh :skull: Got Her Own >>> 

BVvRLl8.png

album #40 - Lykke Li, still sad still sexy - EP

"I never love half-hearted, I'm down to get bruised"

Yep, I loved Lykke's most panned project So Sad So Sexy  :gaycat2: I was pretty excited for that remix EP, wish it was full-album tho :'( Still nice gift to have some reenditions and new tracks :gaycat3: Bish still sexy :gaycat4:

some favorites: Neon, Baby Doves, Sex Money Feelings Die Remix 

z1rJZQ8.png

single #40 - FKA twigs, home with you

"If you'd had told me, I'd be running down the hills to be with you"

It's ART. Literally in top 3 of my favorite songs of the year, if it was released earlier it would've been in top 5 of that countdown at least :cries:  Amazing song, from an amazing artist, I just fell in love with it after Genius vid. 

izNpThF.png

album #39 - Tinashe, Songs for You

"Heart goes numb when the days turn to weeks"

I used to hate Tinasha, than started to love her thanks to pre-Joyride singles then she disappointed with that album and that was kinda it. But welp, she was able to return spotlight in my eyes, thanks to that release. Cohesive, fun, hot r&b record remains probably her best project to date  :clap3:some favorites:  Life's Too Short, Save Room for Us, Die a Little Bit, Know Better

3HvdoOT.png

single #39 - Miley Cyrus, On a Roll

"Oh honey, don't think anything, just have it all"

I LOVE when artists make something special for their acting appearances, Miley makes it on another level. I mean, creating new ego with songs :jonny:  ugh, if only her label was smart enough to push this. Incredibly catchy fun pop track along with Black Mirror episode serves as a great satire on pop music, remaining great pop track itself :clap3: 

BJENuSb.png

BKLYNLDN (I hate this title so much :rip:) and Downhill Lullaby were both cute, not their best work tho :flower:

I know Ciara's albums tend to be pretty hit or miss but lord, I didn't even bother listening cause the singles were... :deadbanana2:

the home with you stanning :jonny4:literally SO good, one of her best songs ever, I can't believe people hated it at first :rip:

On a Roll a banger :katie2: Songs For You was really nice, but Aquarius and Nightride still outsold :-* sis where's Perfect Crime tho :shakeno:

• ATRL Moderator

Ashley O snapped this year with On A Roll :jonny6:

Thank god they put it on Spotify. And it's also my favorite episode of Black Mirror this season!

Will Young is competely unknows outside of the UK, yet he's like a double of Robbie Williams. :skull: 

Oh wow, Tinashe is VERY LOW.

Monopoly MEGA TRASH!

ssss EP kinda a bore and I expred more, but Neon is cute :katie2:

home with you, a moment!

Songs For You :clap3: 

Ashely O > Miley [2] :mandown: 

Glad Songs For You is getting acclaim, her departure from RCA did her career good :jonny5: Home With You is a MASTERPIECE, periodt.

Monopoly is a cute lil side bop. :heart2: 

Songs For You was good. I’m not a fan of Tinashe but I liked that record.

Also Ashley O > Miley [3] :mandown:

Kiii I remember when everyone was stanning Ashley O for 10 minutes, doesn't even feel like 2019 honestly. Anyway, wasn't a fan of On a Roll. Songs for You :clap3: She really redeemed herself after Joyless, though I'd say Aquarius is still her best work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.