KasioKas' BEST of 2019! TV #1 | Album #1 | FINALE - SONG #1!

KasioKas

If I can't have you (haven't heard the cover tho) & 365 :alexz3:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• Remmy

• TheWayWeWere

• kelly-clarkson

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, KasioKas said:

More Sabrina coming up!

:duca:

-

Surprised to see Motivation on a lot of lists :eek:

Death By A Thousand Cuts is the best song on Lover :jonny4:

Liar, 365, Should've Said It :clap3:

y7MWVxz.jpg

SHOW LIST (5 - 1!!)

**There may be spoilers in the write-ups so please take caution*

5. The Boys

Image result for boys season 1

I only started this thanks to Grace Randolph's recommendation, but Reddit also began  praising it so I binged. I'm glad I did because this show is great from start to finish. It isn't perfect, but it has far more pros than cons. I feel like it suffers the same fate as other shows with too many characters - trying to give them all screentime & develop them within a debut season, not to mention that this season isn't a cable network's usual 20+ but w/Amazon it's limited to 8. While its superhero characters are all well written (bar one who got little to no screentime at all :katie:), the "boys" i.e. regular humans weren't as well developed, most actually were just there to move the plot forward. In that regard, it slightly falters; however, this show's take on the hero genre is refreshing - painting them as the more accurate portrayal, of humans with excessive power and their actions behind the scenes vs. their public image. It's far more realistic, not pushing the "all heores are good" trope, and giving different perspectives. It also finds the time to put in plot points of sexual abuse (inc. rape), drug use and addiciton,  immigration and religion without ever seeming like it's taking on too much at once. The portrayal of the main Superman-like hero 'Homelander' is best of all, and I enjoyed every second of screentime that he got, there were SO many layers to this character, why he is the way he is; everytime he did something heinous - they'd flip the switch and show him in a vulnerable light - show his weaker side - the actor did an excellent job. :clap3:

tumblr_pwlaxsOeUl1yt1axho1_400.giftumblr_pz6m2qFDWJ1yt1axho2_r1_540.gif

Like others, I wanted more time with the heroes and seeing their lifestyles, their relationships, their mannerisms in real life behind the cameras, than I did seeing the boys take them down. I cannot wait to see how they progress the story in S2! 

tumblr_pvy090GbYf1slo9v5o1_500.giftumblr_pxzpvc8zYs1vsyifho5_540.gif

4. Watchmen

Image result for Watchmen

So this show... having no prior knowledge of the Watchmen comic, I entered blind. Then, like any logical person would do, I proceeded to educate myself with a ytube video or two on the lore. With that, I slowly but surely fell in love with this show. It got prgressively good as eps aired, and the directing in particular - the way shots were filmed are so spectacular, the TRANSITIONS when moving to progress the plot of one character in particular - WOW. Now the story, a bit rocky at first, until we got to the flashback. Quite frankly ANYONE who enjoys TV should watch that episode, IDC who you are - it was masterfully done. That ep alone was so uncomfotable to watch as a black man - seeing the raw portrayal of a racist America - and how the character was treated - what led him to become what he was. :jonny5:Excellent writing, excellent acting in making the story come to life. Dammit HBO never fails me and this was another massive success.

46b98fe175f520848759e76aac73fc9407234b77.gifd4b48dda18474fc544523d9c9d0521996e1dba2b.gif

The show ties up 90% of its threads in the episodes that follow, and it's like a gigantic puzzle where the pieces all start to fit together. DAMMIT I love when shows keep you guessing, give you crumbs and then BLOWS YOUR MIND as the latter episodes air. It's peak television to me, and with Westworld gone this was an excellent fill-in. Regina shines here, but she's not alone, as a few of the other actors sometimes fight hard to steal the scene with their talent. The reveals, especially towards the end, and that finale - all very rewarding for the viewers. I cannot wait to see where the story goes next, and whether Angela Abar's theory in the final scenes of the finale are correct...!

506f6eca46dffcd368255942ba6e7e54ee6c24a4.gif

3. The Promised Neverland

:3rdplace:

Image result for promised neverland watch

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this shook my absolute core from the VERY. 1ST. EPISODE. :jonny2:What a fuc*ing reveal! I didn't see it coming at all - the entire ep fools the viewer into thinking all is well before dropping a BOMB, and from then the show begins to sprint.

tumblr_pl4te16wmb1wmi6rjo1_500.gif

What an EXQUISITE story!, the motivation of the main characters is clear from the get-go and you're glued to your screen to see what they're going to do with the info they now possess and whether they will ever get away with what they're planning. The choices they make, the REVEALS that are shown, never before has an anime's writing gripped me so fuc*ing hard - except maybe Attack on Titan. :jonny4:The characters are SO well written, and despite having a massive cast, you never feel like there's characters you want to know more about because they all serve their purposes well and the plot is so heavy it's the main thing you focus on! There are no fillers, no annoying/useless characters - I honestly have NO critiques at all. I stopped reading manga years and years ago because I don't have the time and don't care as much, but I COULD NOT wait for a new season to see what happens next, and no Anime has done that for me since maybe Naruto in 2010??  This is a well thought out, gripping, HAUNTING tale and is a must watch of 2019.

tumblr_pmku1dJI541sxkjwwo1_500.giftumblr_pmxhy4iMzU1wj1nn0o1_500.gif

tumblr_pli2g62Qww1vz5npso1_500.giftumblr_poqo4nya2I1sxkjwwo1_500.gif

2. Succession

:2ndplace:

Image result for hbo succession season 1

I gave this show a shot when it first premiered on HBO and after an ep or two stopped watching. There was nothing too exciting to keep me engaged and I had a lot going on anyway. However, as a binge watch - I realised how excellent this show actually is - all thanks to it's writing. The story of power - not attaining it (the story starts out with an already rich, established family) but maintaining it through multiple obstacles, along with the selection of a successor to the throne - so to speak. In focusing on that, it very easily develops all characters, so as to portray who of the available candidates is the right choice - very smart. Towards the end - it then throws a curveball - maybe none of the available can/should be selected? In doing so, it throws a wrench in the path of its plot - and somehow that makes the train move even faster. The available candidates don't accept that chioce, some rebel - some embarrassingly fold under the pressure. The writing on this show is SO WELL DONE.

Related image

The constant back and forth never gets old. The scheming behind backs, the large money moves, the mistakes (which are the best parts), the public and private shaming and humilating - did I mention they're all family? - the idea that family should be supportive and stick together? Thrown out the window with this show - maybe due to power, wealth, ego - family members will often throw each other under the bus for their own selfish gains. It's drama television at its absolute finest!!

Related image

And when support and love does rear its head on this show, it's only for a moment - it's fleeting. In fact, any choices that the king in charge makes is often fleeting - anything can change at any moment - the main goal is maintaining power, weatlh and the stability of the company. Personal wounds will heal in time - and they do with these characters. My only complaint is that the kids don't lash out more - in many scenes it's a tad unrealistic that they bow down as much as they do to the devil at the helm - instead of seeking independence. Shiv, the one char with balls to not be involved, gets roped in and is depicted as weak and making bad choices as a result. Maybe it's commentary on how the closer they are to the throne the more unstable they become, but that last ep of S2 when Kendall fights through the instability - through his darkest moments - and pulls a trick card from his sleeve? Fuc*ing BRILLIANT.

tumblr_pzd8q3ojVk1wcrw7bo1_r1_540.giftumblr_pzf3suatPw1qav05wo7_500.gif

1. Attack On Titan ↑5

:1stplace:

Image result for attack on titan

Part 2 of this 3rd season was the most special, the most revealing and the most beautiful to watch of all seasons this show has released thus far. FINALLY, plot points that have been mysteries since its debut have been explained in a gripping, extremely fuc*ing satisfying way :jonny4:- and it all makes sense, it all ties in perfectly. I've always praised this show's writing but dammit this season took it to an entirely different level. :clap3:

tumblr_ps4ym8fCff1rzen6uo8_250.gifvtumblr_ps4ym8fCff1rzen6uo6_250.gifv

Perhaps because this is an anime people write it off and don't give it the time of day, but DAMMIT are they missing out. Everything from character development, writing, animation, emotion - it's all here. I don't know how else to praise this show more than I've done in the past. I've put a few gifs of the exquisite animation - the best i've seen all year - again because the team who creates this show deserves so much!! :jonny:It's a shame that the Emmy's and what not don't look past the western world's art, because this show could seriously sweep any animation category it's nominated for easily.

The backstory of Levi (and his absolute bada** resolve), the taking down of their previous allies as titans and the satisfaction of defeating those betrayers, the main char's history of why he's a titan and the father's story, advancement in ways to fight titans, very important character deaths, the art of war and serious wins and losses on both sides, THE ANIMATION!!!!! Perfect. This is my #1 show of the year. I cannot get enough! 

tumblr_prmlgtwN3a1rzen6uo1_500.gif132182ad5c56c92a7e2f8411678b5d282eca6670.giftumblr_pddfk7zFdi1sxkjwwo1_500.gif

tumblr_prrgeccSwk1x6ms67o3_540.gifv

• ATRL Moderator

the boys looked interesting. need to watch
also watchmen . need to watch too. love you writeups for both

promised neverland. the first episode was good but I knew the show will leave me shook so I skipped.

succession/ attack of titan. I've heard of both but haven't wanted to watch. don't think I'd enjoy either much

• ATRL Moderator

ugh I need to watch The Boys. I watched the trailer last week and it looked great!

365 + If I Can't Have You :hug:

DBATC :clap3: great pick-up from Lover

BIOLY is a bop RWLeZU2.gif I hate ATRL for hating it RWLeZU2.gif

365 :clap3: 

S2 of Succession is an all timer :worship: lots of notable A+ episodes & your write up was very accurate!! I kinda disagree on your binge watch point tho (which i remember you mentioning it on the TV fanatics thread as well). I think especially for this season; the thrill of watching what happens next to the Roys on a weekly basis was more exciting than finishing the season in one sitting. Especially when you factor in the social media reactions etc... It almost felt like an event (sure a very small, super online type of noise but still remarkable lol)

I'm not very familiar with AoT (I only seen the first episode like a looong time ago lol) even if most my friends swear by its quality lol. Maybe i'll get around it someday!!

Your Watchmen write up :jonny: Almost all TV heads online share the same feel (maybe even better then Westworld lol) I'll be catching up soon (literally the only reason why i couldn't start my best of list ughh).

Putting my dislike for KE and BLL aside :fan: Overall your top 10 is quite good!!

Blow It All + Blame It On Your Love are alright - definitely heard better from both. If I Can't Have You, Miss Americana, Massacre :eddie: DBATC, Only Human and 365 :jamming: Motivation, Sweet Spot, Do with It & Cruel Summer those are the KNOCKS! :sats::sats::sats: And SS is my favorite from Clarity

motivation, maathp, blame it on your love :clap3: 

dbatc and cruel summer are EXCELLENCE 

Interesting seeing The Boys so high.

That Watchmen ep in particular brought a lot of bad memories up. We have known family members we lost to lynching and other crimes throughout this country.

Masscare :smitten: so underrated :chick1: Sweet Spot is amazing too :jonny2: the Taylor songs are all amazing too :jonny5:

Songs For You is cute, had some bog bops :jamming: been thinking of getting into some anime but I wouldn't know where to start :fan:

saU0Efm.jpg

z8SVbk3.gif

50. Shinin' - Kim Petras

49.  Life's Too Short - Tinashe

48. Sorry Would Go A Long Way - Tori Kelly

Image result for inspired by true events tori kelly

I love how extremely personal this is too her, and hearing her tell us about it being about her father at her live London show made me love it even more. It's one of her BEST ballads to date where she passively suggests an apology from her father while crooning "you never tell me that you love me". He final note is so sad and has sooo much emotion to it that you can't help but feel for her and want her to get the apology as badly as she does on this song.

47. Looking at Me - Sabrina Carpenter

46.  Right Words Wrong Time - Carly Rae Jepsen

Image result for Dedicated - Carly Rae Jepsen

This is my #1 song on the album, and I was so confused that more people didn't have it on their top 3 lists. It stood out the second I heard it on first listen of the album, it's quintessential Carly imo - cute, pop, great lyrics. The instrumental is my favourite part (!!) and the the way she dances on the rythm of it when she sings the chorus "right words at the wrong... time!" PERFECT. ALSO the final chorus is PERFECT, the layering of the chorus with "you should go! you should go!" and both layers come together to one voice singing the title again with the instrumental ending the song. UGH I love this song so much.

45. There Will Be Blood - Kim Petras

https://images.genius.com/6283c7a48638b388fd266da37e899dfd.1000x1000x1.jpg

Again.. I don't f*ck w/demons and halloween - but this is undeniably a f*cking BOP and I had it on repeat for all of October. That final chorus high note YESSS this is what I want from my pop girls VOCALS! It's almost like she's screaming and begging the listener to "run for your life!" in that final chorus and it fits the whole spooky aesthetic of this EP wonderfully.

44.  I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth

43.  Boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House

Image result for Boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House

Love this Grammy-nominated charity collab that Ariana at the peak of her success decided to give to her boys who helped her come up. It's so fun, the MV was very cute and the lyrics kinda make sense provided what she's been through with very publicly losing an ex and breaking up with another- sure she doesn't want the commitment of a boyfriend but that doesn't mean we can't fool around and be together. It's about not putting a label on things.. not yet - and many of us know what that's like.

42.  Hopscotch - Tinashe

41.  Every Single Time - Jonas Brothers

Image result for Happiness Begins - Jonas Brothers

Whew a BOP. Especially that final chorus when the everything stops and they sing "EV.RY.SING.LE.TIIIMMEEEE!" It's obviously a S2S rehash but it works so i'm not mad, and I wouldn't mind getting more songs like this from them either - just sayin'..

40.  7 rings - Ariana Grande

Image result for 7 rings - Ariana Grande

Never in a million years did I think this would be Ariana's biggest hit. I remember hearing it for the first time and liking it alot, but not enough to proclaim it her biggest and best. Honestly, despite it being her longest charting #1, I still don't get it, and I will never understand americans' taste, but this is obviously a massive bop and the way she delicately and sassily coos the verses and then doubles down on the chorus is great. It's just a massive flex, and good for her, I hope to one day be able to sing this song confidently like her and mean it. :fan:

39.  Painkiller - JoJo

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F583caa216fd437cfb28187613903f3e0.1000x1000x1.jpg

So this was leaked in HD and as I understand never saw the light of day previously as it was shelved from the full release, so I'm counting this as a new 2019 song. Obviously its production is dated as it wasn't made recently - but I still love it - the lyrics are subpar but her voice!! The final chorus belts and high notes prove she's a force in the industry and provide the emotion last dose of emotion the song needs to land where it needs to.

38.  Morning Glory - Kehlani

Image result for While We Wait - Kehlani

Kehlani at her best. Period. That note change!! YES! The instrumental is solid but nothing special, it has the throwback vibe she was going for and it works - but the lyrics and the note change make this song! "This ain't BK you can't have it your way" lmao brilliant - it's a whole vibe and I love it.

37.  Change Your Mind - Tori Kelly

A story is told here, (it's one of Tori's best lyrics in that I don't think I've seen her do tell a story this well yet - in such detail, she's clearly growing as a songwriter because you can imagine everything as she sings it) one where she's trying to convince her father that the man she's chosen is right for her - and she swears she'll change her father's mind about him. In an interview she says she's not sure why her dad disliked her **now husband, then fiance** but this song details her feelings then; the chorus in particular is powerful, and can be sung by anyone male/female who is trying to plead the case for their partner. There's alot of emotion in her voice when she almost belts it out. It's almost like she's begging for acceptance, but not quite because there's still confidence that she will prove him wrong in time, that she's made the right choice. "If it takes my life, I'mma change your mind!" is extreme, and to put that in the chorus and sing it multiple times just proves how conviced she is here. My favourite lyric "You look at me like the sun" is perhaps one of my fave lyrics on the album or of the whole year - it makes me think that her father looks at her winced like you would staring directly at the sun, and in dissaproval of the man she's chosen to love. Yikes - another extremely personal song written here.

36.  The Fall - Banks

35.  in my head - Ariana Grande

Thank U, Next album cover.png

I love the intro to this song - the phone message left by her friend giving life advice that can apply to anyone. It leads to her finally admitting that the love she held (one can only assume to the same guy the friend was speaking about) was an imagined fairytale and not quite reality. She even proceeds to diss the guy in the chorus with a scalding "look at you, boy I invented you", thus proving she can see clearly now. I love the verses and bridge of this song most of all, it's one of the best of the whole album imo, it's extremely mature, moreso than Ari's ever been, it's honest, and it's exactly what I wanted after having listened to Sweetener a year ago and was one of my criticisms of the album as a whole.

34.  Pass Me By - Dinah Jane

Image result for Dinah Jane 1 - Dinah Jane

LOVE how chill this is, it's the perfect inclusion on a 3-song EP where there's already an up-tempo and an emotional track. Her voice is perfect for this, and she sings the verses in a cool, almost lazy but sexy way that she NAILS. It reminds me alot of Jesy's natural tone in 5H and I can't help but think now that this song would be perfect for Jesy too! The instrumental is excellent, the lyrics where she asks for a temporary love - it's sexy and I love it!

33.  Contaminated - Banks

Image result for Till Now - Banks

One of my fave ballads of the year! She sounds hopeless here, and it's almost like she's so emotional she can barely finish the song. I LOOOVEE the way she sings this song. It's perfect, I can't imagine anyone else singing it like her. I LOVE the "I can attain it" that's softly in the background as she jumps from verse to verse. The instrumental perfectly growing from slow to a louder sound - grittier - and then louder again as the song progresses and she sings a little louder. The outro is just as i'd expect, "that I can attain it" background lyric on repeat as a fade out.

32.  Fire - Sara Bareilles

31.  Good Thing - Zedd & Kehlani

Image result for Good Thing - Zedd & Kehlani

This was sooooo slept on! Kehlani shines here and so does Zedd with that great beat in the intro into a full instrumental half way into the first verse. It's a great self love song that isn't cringe, Kehlani sounds badass here, and AGAIN she pulls off a brilliant note change that elevates the song ten-fold. This should have been a huge hit for both artists! It's still on heavy rotation in my playlists. I love sassy, confident Kehlani.

30.  Harleys In Hawaii - Katy Perry

Katy Perry - Harleys in Hawaii.png

Katy's tried alot this year, poor thing. She's had some hits and more misses, but this? This is the best thing she's released in a loooooong time. Aided by Charlie Puth as a songwriter and producer, Katy grasps the pop genre by its neck and creates another bop that's both fun & sexy and an undeniable ear-worm. That final chorus high note was a great touch, can't decide if I like the verses or chorus more, but it all just works!

29.  Wicked Love - Sara Bareilles

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F1e937431110a0c5a7a471aacae17a9a8.1000x1000x1.jpg

This is one of the best written songs of 2019, again another song that paints a story from start to finish, of a love gone south... or perhaps a manager or powerful figure? Can't quite tell, but the lyrics are EXCELLENT. "You twist around me like vines" makes me think of his unwarranted hugs and lack of personal space or his wicked persona keeping her trapped within, "You sold me a future from the ones you had in the trunk of your car", invokes SOOO much imagery of the parallel of him having disposable lies that he feeds to people constantly that she's obviously aware of, "It was so easy to believe, I've always said the same thing!" proves that she knows she caved to his obvious manipulation as she has low self esteeem herself. But (!) the chorus then shows confidence in her denouncing his wicked love entirely! 

The small inserts of fireflies in the beginning intro, verses and final lyric! F*CKING BRILLIANT! She's free at the end. :jonny5:

I love this song for its lyrics alone. Voice and instrumental and production be damned. ANytime this comes on, I listen to this tale again, and I enjoy it as much then as I did on 1st listen. HER WHOLE ALBUM should have gotten grammy noms, but let's not go there.... :mad:

28.  Coffee - Tori Kelly

This is top 3 on her album, that intro is beautiful! The lyrics are so beautiful! The chorus and runs are beautiful!! The intrusmental becoming heavier in the second verse and throughout - brilliant! It's the perfect song for someone going through a long-distance relationship - and the longing desire she elicits is very fitting. The final background "even you coffee is closer than me and it's unfair!" softly cooing over her adlibs is the perfect end.

27.  Cry for Me - Camila Cabello

Image result for Cry for Me - Camila Cabello

Hate her now.. but this and the other single that will be highlighted later on are EXCELLENT pop-rock songs and dammit I LOOOOOOVE pop-rock and stanned Demi back in the day when that was her default genre. Camila screams and demands that her ex feels the intense emotion and sorrow she still feels after the breakup and wonders why he's moved on so quickly. She's jealous, she's hurt, and she put all of that massive emotion into this song perfectly. The final "I WANT YOU TO CRY!!" in the final chorus is my favourite part - she's literally screaming but with a cute run at the end, and it's a perfect end when the song just cuts at the end. I didn't watch the MV though because it looked all sorts of wrong and not in line with my image of the song at all.

26.  break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande

25.  fake smile - Ariana Grande

This song would have been alot higher if not for the "arms crossed with the attitude, lips pouted, neck roll with the attitude" lyric. I wish to GOD that she had kept that out or rewritten it as it takes me out of the core message of the song a little and is slightly less mature than the rest of the lyrics - but hey, it's what she does and how she feels so she included it in her song. That aside, this song is perfect. Lyrics, vocals, that sample at the beginning - all great. I love singing along because I too have a tendency to fake a smile to ease the tension of an otherwise uncomfortable moment or one i'd just rather not be in, instead of just speaking up or leaving, and I inturn HATE when people do it to me. It's also this high because it's a perfect follow-up to the bow-on-top Sweetener album where everything was oddly positive despite having gone through such a major disaster. More on that on the album write-up, but at least this song is ALOT more brutally honest.

24.  Shameless - Camila Cabello

Camila Cabello - Shameless.png

This is one of my fave releases of the year - it's pop-rock but still has a little latin taste to it and Camila NAILED it. Too bad I can't stand her racist a** now.. but I can't deny this song is excellent. Her declaring so loudly her love and desire for another, quite literally "screaming her lungs out", before the beat drops and that latin taste comes through just a little in the instrumental with the heavy base. I honestly think this is one of her best songs, and wish the album kept to a pop-rock genre throughout instead of including it with more boring ballads and disposable pop songs.

23.  Freedom Rings - Brandy

Image result for Freedom Rings - Brandy

If you want runs, riffs, and belts GALORE; If you want the vocal bible to leave you with a winced face trhoughout an entire song as you listen to her EFFORTLESSLY dominate this song with intricate AF runs from verse to chorus to bridge; look no further than Freedom Rings. While working on her album Brandy said let me drop this cute little grenade on my fans on my 25th anniversary to give them a taste and remind them that i'm still THAT BIIIIITCH! This song is soooo difficult to sing along too because she's just dominates. There's so much emotion, the lyrics are personal, and the instrumental is fine, but I can't get past that voice. The only thing I missed is that because this sounds so intensely RAW, there's no soft harmonies and layers anywhere in this song, which is Brandy's signature. But this is a nice change, and now i'm FULLY hyped for new music in 2020!!

22.  Godless - Banks

21.  bad idea - Ariana Grande

You know what makes this song? The outro. Idk how anyone else interpets this but for me: it's a girl who's just had enough; and wants to be reckless. Just one night of bad choices - she'll deal with the implications later. She wants to forget whatever trauma she's going through with drugs (Ari isn't doing that i'm just saying) or alcohol to disassociate - to "forget about it, forget about him, forget about me"; and I even think she temporarily finds love in a disposable partner when she warns "you should know i'm temporary"//"Gotta find somebody quickly!"

But that outro? Where everything slows and a slurred, slower vocal takes the helm - that to me says that she's finally achieved what she desired - she's either drunk or too far gone. The outro MAKES this song what it is. I'm not sure what Ariana herself is trying to escape, but one can make an educated guess that it's to do with Mac's passing. Brilliant track. Brilliant.

:clap3:

Spoiler

On 12/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jet said:

Cruel Summer, Cheating On You, Motivation, Sweet Spot and Only Human :clap3: 

All bops am I right?

9vnXcQ2.gif

On 12/22/2019 at 6:38 PM, Mr. Loco said:

If I can't have you (haven't heard the cover tho) & 365 :alexz3:

Check out the cover! Highly recommend!

On 12/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, kelly-clarkson said:

:duca:

-

Surprised to see Motivation on a lot of lists :eek:

Death By A Thousand Cuts is the best song on Lover :jonny4:

Liar, 365, Should've Said It :clap3:

DBATC is one of the best on the album period!

On 12/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, Legend E said:

Didn't watch these either :'( 

Aww, thanks for commenting though! I recommend them if you have the time. :party:

On 12/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, Tsareena said:

the boys looked interesting. need to watch
also watchmen . need to watch too. love you writeups for both

promised neverland. the first episode was good but I knew the show will leave me shook so I skipped.

succession/ attack of titan. I've heard of both but haven't wanted to watch. don't think I'd enjoy either much

OMG why skip Neverland if you know it'll scalp you! it's not scary, it's soooooo good! Hope you like The Boys & Watchmen when you get around to watching 'em.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:10 AM, kelly-clarkson said:

ugh I need to watch The Boys. I watched the trailer last week and it looked great!

It's great, and season 2 is approaching!

On 12/23/2019 at 1:20 AM, JGibson said:

365 + If I Can't Have You :hug:

great songs! :hug:

On 12/23/2019 at 3:10 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

DBATC :clap3: great pick-up from Lover

BIOLY is a bop RWLeZU2.gif I hate ATRL for hating it RWLeZU2.gif

365 :clap3: 

Atrl's taste is often questionable we been knew

On 12/23/2019 at 9:58 PM, Maddox said:

S2 of Succession is an all timer :worship: lots of notable A+ episodes & your write up was very accurate!! I kinda disagree on your binge watch point tho (which i remember you mentioning it on the TV fanatics thread as well). I think especially for this season; the thrill of watching what happens next to the Roys on a weekly basis was more exciting than finishing the season in one sitting. Especially when you factor in the social media reactions etc... It almost felt like an event (sure a very small, super online type of noise but still remarkable lol)

I'm not very familiar with AoT (I only seen the first episode like a looong time ago lol) even if most my friends swear by its quality lol. Maybe i'll get around it someday!!

Your Watchmen write up :jonny: Almost all TV heads online share the same feel (maybe even better then Westworld lol) I'll be catching up soon (literally the only reason why i couldn't start my best of list ughh).

Putting my dislike for KE and BLL aside :fan: Overall your top 10 is quite good!!

Wow thank you :jonny:

I think it's fair that you disagree with the binge comment, to each their own. I mean, i'll be forced to watch week by week now that i'm all caught up anyway lol

Def check out AoT, please don't dismiss it because it's an anime, it's really really good!

I'll stick around the fanatics thread for your review of Watchmen!

On 12/24/2019 at 2:02 AM, Remmy said:

Blow It All + Blame It On Your Love are alright - definitely heard better from both. If I Can't Have You, Miss Americana, Massacre :eddie: DBATC, Only Human and 365 :jamming: Motivation, Sweet Spot, Do with It & Cruel Summer those are the KNOCKS! :sats::sats::sats: And SS is my favorite from Clarity

Yeah Charli and Kim have better but thse two are great.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:49 AM, Lazuli said:

motivation, maathp, blame it on your love :clap3: 

dbatc and cruel summer are EXCELLENCE 

Indeed! :clap3:

On 12/24/2019 at 9:22 AM, Wicked said:

Interesting seeing The Boys so high.

That Watchmen ep in particular brought a lot of bad memories up. We have known family members we lost to lynching and other crimes throughout this country.

Why interesting? Did you not like it as much?

21 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Masscare :smitten: so underrated :chick1: Sweet Spot is amazing too :jonny2: the Taylor songs are all amazing too :jonny5:

Songs For You is cute, had some bog bops :jamming: been thinking of getting into some anime but I wouldn't know where to start :fan:

Check out the anime thread and post ones that you like, people can then give some great suggestions!

Edited by KasioKas

Harleys In Hawaii + Fire :worship: 

Ariana slaying this set with 7 rings & boyfriend :clap3:

4 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Why interesting? Did you not like it as much?

Nah I actually really liked The Boys, but it seemed like no one else did lol. 

I want to give anime more of a fair shake, but the ones people have told me to watch weren't my thing. 

Nice TV list and I'll be back for the rest of the songs!

right words wrong time is a strange choice as your top dedicated pick but i appreciate the boldness!

contaminated, all the ari songs except boyfriend :clap3: 

RWWT delivered :katie2: 

omg, finally some love for Boyfriend :clap3:

7 Rings is too low :'(

omg, I need to hear Painkiller, is this JT leftover?
Bad Idea and Fake Smile :alexz: 

• ATRL Moderator

7 rings, bad idea, Looking at Me, Shameless, Cry For Me, Harley's In Hawaii :clap3:

Every Single Time is the best song on Happiness Begins :jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.