K.D.S. Best of 2019 Countdown

Kevin2803

Finally Higher Love getting some love from the countdowns :jonny5: such a great track

I didn't listen to Ed's album this time :eli: some of the singles are okay but I expected way more.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin2803

• Remmy

• TheWayWeWere

• kelly-clarkson

Top 50 Artists

20. Tinashe

Bildergebnis für tinashe 200x200

Fans had to wait almost the whole for new music of Tinashe, but her "Songs For You" album was worth the wait. It's one of her best albums to date.

19. Melanie Martinez

Bildergebnis für melanie martinez 200x200

Four years after her critical acclaimed debut album, Melanie Martinez returned to the music scene with "K-12". The album even managed to peak higher than her first one, in most countries. "K-12" is full of bops and even tho the movie wasn't that strong storywise, it was visually very appealing.

18. Shirin David

Bildergebnis für shirin david 200x200

Because of her plastic surgery and her being a YouTuber, a lot of people don't really take her seriously, but she has a pretty good voice actually and her music is always catchy. And a record-breaking number #1 single and album should be enough to shut up the haters.

17. Zara Larsson

Bildergebnis für zara larsson 200x200

One of the few artists i've seen live this year and she was amazing. She only released a few songs this year, but they were all great and deserved much more success. "All The Time" is one of the best pop songs of 2019 or maybe even the decade.

16. Julia Michaels

Ähnliches Foto

Julia released two EPs this year and both weren't that successful, but proved that she's still one of the best songwriters in the business.

Top 100 Singles

20. Billie Eilish - bury a friend

61e23df-EOBL-SS500

After the first few seconds from the music video and song, i was blown away. The production, the music video, the dark vibe of this song - i love everything about it. What i love even more is that this kind of song became such a mainstream success.

19. Normani - Motivation

Bildergebnis für normani motivation 200x200

I love the early 00s throwback vibe of this pop banger. It's super catchy and Normani slayed in the music video.

18. BLACKPINK - Kill This Love

515u3d-PY6v-L-SX425

I never was a fan of KPOP, but this song changed my mind. It's such a power anthem and if i had a list my favorite music videos of the year, this one would be number #1.

17. Carlie Hanson - Numb

Bildergebnis für carlie hanson numb 200x200

One of the most underrated songs in recent years. I love the darker vibe of this song and lyrically, i can totally relate to it.

16. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up

After Dua Lipa and "New Rules" in 2018, Mabel became the female UK breakout artist of 2019 and she totally deserves it. This song is a bop.

Top 100 Albums

20. Kiana Ledé - Myself - EP

500x500

Kiana should already be one of the biggest pop/r&b girls. Her music is just that great.

19. Kehlani - While We Wait

500x500

I just love her voice and her latest mixtape is atleast as good as her debut album.

18. Becky G - Mala Santa

Bildergebnis für becky g mala santa 200x200

After 637 years, we finally got Becky's debut album and it's as amazing as expected.

17. Wincent Weiss - Irgendwie anders

500x500

Not much different than his first album, but still good and with some standouts, like "Was machst du nur mit mir".

16. Madeline Juno - Was bleibt

download

Relatable bops about love, depression and anxiety.

TV Shows

20. The Boys

Bildergebnis für the boys 200x200

A different kind of superhero show and i loved it. One of the best new shows in 2019. But i have to say that i'm more interested in the storylines of the superheroes and care less about "the Boys".

19. Dynasty

Bildergebnis für dynasty reboot 200x200

Even with another cast changes, this show still delivers some funny oneliners, exciting twists and juicy drama.

18. Grey's Anatomy

Bildergebnis für grey's anatomy season 16 200x200

After 16 years, this show still manages to bring me to tears or make me happy. The last two seasons had some more boring storylines, but then there are episodes like "Silent All These Years", who are the reason why "Grey's Anatomy" is still one of the best shows on TV.

17. The Walking Dead

Bildergebnis für the walking dead season 10 200x200

Angela Kang turned this show completely around with season 9 and delivered one of the best seasons of the show. The first half of season 10 was a little slow paced at times, but were still 100x better than the horrible season 7 & 8.

16. 13 Reasons Why

Bildergebnis für 13 reasons why season 3 200x200

The second season dipped in quality, especially the first few episodes and it felt like sceptics were right and this show really should've ended with season 1. But then they released the third season and even tho there were still some flaws, it turned things around and had some really amazing moments.

Movies (Cinema)

59. The Lighthouse

Bildergebnis für the lighthouse 200x200

The best thing about the film was the acting between William DeFoe and Robert Pattinson. The rest was a pseudo-profound mix of childish humor and disturbing images.

58. Polaroid

Bildergebnis für polaroid horror movie 200x200

Hardly any atmosphere, boring characters and lots of logic holes. "Polaroid" is a lifeless teen horror film that hardly uses the potential of the short movie.

57. Black Christmas

Bildergebnis für black christmas 2019 200x200

Half-baked and uneventful. Apart from a couple of lame kills, not much happens here. After all, some characters were very likeable, the movie poster was cool and the hommages to the original and other horror classics were nice.

56. Midway

Bildergebnis für midway 200x200

Ultimately, it is just a compilation of different explosions and a lot is repeated over and over again. The cast was great, lots of familiar faces, but I couldn't really empathize with the characters.

55. The Prodigy

Bildergebnis für the prodigy horror movie 200x200

Solid horror film, which lacks the big highlights, but is nevertheless very interesting. And Taylor Schilling and Jackson Robert Scott play their roles very convincingly.

54. The Dead Don't Die

Bildergebnis für the dead don't die 200x200

"The Dead Don't Die" is definitely not a work for the mainstream audience, because the humor is very special and certainly not something for everyone. I found it amusing, but also very slow paced.

53. Pet Semetary

Bildergebnis für pet sematary 2019 200x200

The remake is definitely fine. Much better than I expected after the trailer. The end pulled the film down a bit, in my opinion. The film, although good, is also somewhat unspectacular.

52. The Hole in the Ground

Bildergebnis für the hole in the ground 200x200

"The Hole in the Ground" could be described as a mixture between "The Prodigy" and "The Babadook". The atmosphere is definitely there, especially with the scenes in the forest and the story is interesting too.

51. Crawl

Bildergebnis für crawl 200x200

Entertaining mix of animal horror and disaster film. But some of the dialogues were really stupid.

Movies (Streaming / DVD / Blu-Ray)

10. Abgeschnitten

117-5051890313348

I usually don't like german movies that much, but this one was really good. Great setting, good acting and a nice story.

9. The Perfect Date

Bildergebnis für the perfect date 200x200

Was this a masterpiece? No. But it was a really cute RomCom with charming lead characters. And that's more than i expected at first, to be honest.

8. The Perfection

Bildergebnis für the perfection netflix 200x200

Wow, i've never seen a thriller with so many twists and turns. This is like three movies mixed into one and while this sounds messy, it actually works.

7. Level 16

Bildergebnis für level 16 200x200

This thriller, that was directly released on DVD, actually deserves some more recognition. Well acted and great storyline.

6. Velvet Buzzsaw

Bildergebnis für velvet buzzsaw 200x200

And the award for the best Netflix movie of 2019 goes to: Velvet Buzzsaw. Great cast, amazing visuals and a original script makes this one of the better horror movies that Netflix released.

REPLIES

Spoiler
On 12/27/2019 at 5:30 AM, witness1.3 said:

Hate to agree but you're so right with Katy. Small Talk is a cute song but killed all hype. A better follow up would have been Harleys In Hawaii, and they killed that by releasing it on a Wednesday :spin:

You're right

On 12/27/2019 at 6:30 AM, potent said:

Finally Higher Love getting some love from the countdowns :jonny5: such a great track

I didn't listen to Ed's album this time :eli: some of the singles are okay but I expected way more.

Higher Love is so good :jonny5:

Edited by Kevin2803

Motivation, Kill This Love and Don't Call Me Up :flame: All deserved a top 10 spot...It says a lot on what's to come :clap3: 

Miley Cyrus :clap3:

Higher Love :eek: :worship:  I really like this song :jamming:

Please, Don't Forget to comment on my Top 100 Countdown

bury a friend :worship:

Bury a Friend issa banger :clap3: 

DCMA was basically NR ripoff, but still snaps :fan: 

Artists~ Tinashe, Melanie, Zara :party: | Singles~ Oh I didn't realize Numb was a(n almost) 2019 release, the song is nice. :jamming: bury a friend + Motivation back-to-back YUP! :sats: | Films (Cinema)~ Luckily haven't seen any of these :lakitu: But then again most of them are horror and I don't touch thaT. | Films (Other)~ I watched The Perfect Date expecting to hate it, but I just simply disliked it :keir:

HAPPY NEW YEAR :heart2: I had zero time in the last days, so i will try to finish one category per day. Except for movies, which will take a little longer, so i will post ten per day.

Top 50 Artists

15. Carly Rae Jepsen

Bildergebnis für carly rae jepsen 200x200

Pop Queen Carly blessed us with the follow-up to her masterpiece "Emotion", which is called "Dedicated". While it wasn't as good as her previous album, in my opinion, she still delivered some cute bops.

14. Lennon Stella

Bildergebnis für lennon stella 200x200

I wasn't always the biggest fan of her character on Nashville, but she always delivered vocals. I didn't expect much when she started her solo career, because when an actress becomes a pop star, it doesn't always work out, but damn, Lennon really put out on banger after another and even a few features. Literally every song of her is a masterpiece.

13. Rita Ora

Bildergebnis für rita ora 200x200

Rita didn't release that much music this year, but her second album "Phoenix" was released in November 2018 and i listened to it a lot in 2019. It's basically pop perfection. She probably would've been in the top 10, if "Ritual" would count for her and not Tiesto. This was one of my songs of the summer.

12. Nina Nesbitt

Bildergebnis für nina nesbitt 200x200

With her second album, she dived more into pop and it totally works for her. No matter if a Britney-like bop like "Loyal to Me" or a emotional ballad like "The Sun Will Come Up, the Seasons Will Change", Nina can really do everything and it sounds so good.

11. Tove Lo

Bildergebnis für tove lo 200x200

With "Sunshine Kitty", she released her best album since her debut and put out some of the best songs of her career, in my opinion.

10. Sabrina Carpenter

Bildergebnis für sabrina carpenter 200x200

Underrated pop queen Sabrina Carpenter blessed our ears with "Singular Act I & II" this year. Yes, the first one was released in November 2018, but still counts for my 2019 countdown. "In My Bed" was also a smash hit on my countdown, even tho it couldn't touch "Almost Love", the biggest bop of her career.

9. BANKS

Bildergebnis für banks 200x200

Her third album "III" was way better than her second one, in my opinion. When "Gimme" was released in April 2019, i had this song on ****ing REPEAT and i still can't understand why some people didn't like it as the lead single, because it is a bop.

8. Jax Jones

Bildergebnis für jax jones 200x200

The best producer and DJ at the moment. He literally didn't release a bad single yet and besides that, he also seems like such a fun and nice person.

7. Mabel

Bildergebnis für mabel 200x200

This really was Mabel's year. A top 3 debut album and three Top 15 singles in the UK and a Headlining Tour. She's not on Dua's level yet, but she's on a good way. 

6. Billie Eilish

Bildergebnis für billie eilish 200x200

Billie literally owned 2019. Five hit singles, a worldwide number #1 album and a dozen of Grammy nominations. Billie was really unstoppable this year. "bury a friend" is one of my favorite music videos of the year.

5. Taylor Swift

Bildergebnis für taylor swift 200x200

I wasn't thrilled when she released "ME!" as the lead single of "Lover" and while "You Need to Calm Down" was a step in the right direction, i still missed the darker sound of "Reputation". The album was still really good and had some cute bops.

4. Becky G

Bildergebnis für becky g 200x200

Latin Queen Becky was really good to her fans this year and released a bunch of music and finally her debut album. No matter if she sings in spanish or english, Becky slays in every language and Genre.

3. Lena

Bildergebnis für lena 200x200

German pop star Lena finally returned to the music scene and released another great pop album. Besides her unique voice, i also like that she didn't decide to sing in german, just to follow a trend and is still faithful to english pop.

2. Ariana Grande

Bildergebnis für ariana grande 200x200

It feels like Ariana literally never stops. After "Sweetener" last year, she already followed with "thank u, next" in 2019 and it was an even better album. The singles all smashed and if it that wasn't enough, she also released some standalone singles and a soundtrack to "Charlie's Angels". Even tho new Ariana music is always welcome, i hope she will slow down a little bit in 2020. I'm not sure if it's so good for her health.

1. Little Mix

Bildergebnis für little mix 200x200

I saw them live on their tour this year and they were incredible. Besides that, they also released "LM5", their most grown-up album yet in November 2018 and it's a shame that they couldn't really do anything with it, because of the label switch. "Wasabi" really is the smash that got away. Atleast they released two cute singles with "Bounce Back" and "One I've Been Missing".

Movies (Cinema)

50. The Possession of Hannah Grace

Bildergebnis für the possession of hannah grace 200x200

Shay Mitchell does a good job and the setting is very dark and creates an eerie atmosphere. But somehow the film is very slow paced, while the finale seems too rushed.

49. MA

Bildergebnis für ma movie 200x200

Unsurprisingly, Octavia Spencer steals the show from all the other actors in "Ma" and significantly enhances the otherwise mediocre film. Otherwise, the teen thriller hardly stands out from other films of this type.

48. X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Bildergebnis für x-men dark phoenix 200x200

Admittedly, "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" is not the best part of the film series, but because Jean Gray, one of the best characters in the X-Men universe, is the center of attention, it is worth seeing. In some places the film feels a little too long.

47. The Informer

Bildergebnis für the informer 200x200

The film was very thrilling and the main character was really nice to look at, but the incomprehensible and not very intelligent behavior of some characters dragged the film down a bit.

46. Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood

Bildergebnis für once upon a time ... in hollywood 200x200

Unsurprisingly, the cast is really strong and the film has some amusing moments. I didn't like the whole western scenes. I'm just not a fan of western films. And Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate came a little short.

45. Doctor Sleep

Bildergebnis für doctor sleep 200x200

I am torn. The movie was not bad and there were positive aspects, but it didn't really grab me either. The movie just was too slow paced. But I liked the acting and all the hommages to Shining.

44. A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon

onesheet-mc

I liked it more than the first movie. Really sweet and amusing movie that gets a little emotional towards the end.

43. 47 Meters Down: Uncaged

Bildergebnis für 47 meters down uncaged 200x200

Nice underwater horror with a great setting and well placed shock moments.

42. Where'd You Go, Bernadette

whered-you-go-bernadette-ver2

I've seen this movie in an OV Sneak Preview and was pleasantly surprised. An entertaining mix of comedy and drama with a lot of familiar faces.

41. Angel Has Fallen

onesheet

Usually that's not the genre that I like so much, but the movie was still entertaining. Good main actors and great action scenes.

Movies (Streaming / DVD / Blu-Ray)

5. Aladdin

Bildergebnis für aladdin 200x200

Charming lead actors, nice music and very entertaining. This is my favorite live action Disney remake of 2019. I'm kinda sad that i didn't watch it in theaters.

4. Greta

Bildergebnis für greta movie 200x200

"Greta" is an entertaining psychological thriller, which runs according to scheme F, but knows how to entertain and is enhanced by the strong acting performance of Isabelle Huppert.

3. What Keeps You Alive

what-keeps-you-alive-movie

Sure, it's probably not the most original premise, but the atmosphere and the acting makes this a great movie. You're at the edge of your seat during the whole movie.

2. Booksmart

Bildergebnis für booksmart 200x200

Extremely funny and smart coming-of-age comedy with two incredible talented lead actresses.

1. The Hate U Give

Bildergebnis für the hate u give 200x200

Sadly, the premise of this movie is still all to real. The acting of Amanda Stenberg feels so raw and emotional and it's a shame that this incredible movie didn't get more attention.

REPLIES

Spoiler
On 12/27/2019 at 8:16 PM, Monky_2405 said:

Motivation, Kill This Love and Don't Call Me Up :flame: All deserved a top 10 spot...It says a lot on what's to come :clap3: 

Knowing your incredible taste, you will definitely love my top 15 :clap3:

On 12/28/2019 at 4:03 AM, Jorge said:

Miley Cyrus :clap3:

Higher Love :eek: :worship:  I really like this song :jamming:

Please, Don't Forget to comment on my Top 100 Countdown

Higher Love is a bop :jamming:

On 12/28/2019 at 11:02 AM, JGibson said:

bury a friend :worship:

:worship:

On 12/28/2019 at 5:15 PM, Green said:

Don't Call Me Up, bury a friend  :clap3:

:clap3:

On 12/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, Brandon said:

??? ??????? ???? :worship:

:worship:

On 12/28/2019 at 7:05 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Bury a Friend issa banger :clap3: 

DCMA was basically NR ripoff, but still snaps :fan: 

You probably mean DCMU, but yes :fan:

On 12/31/2019 at 1:57 AM, Remmy said:

Artists~ Tinashe, Melanie, Zara :party: | Singles~ Oh I didn't realize Numb was a(n almost) 2019 release, the song is nice. :jamming: bury a friend + Motivation back-to-back YUP! :sats: | Films (Cinema)~ Luckily haven't seen any of these :lakitu: But then again most of them are horror and I don't touch thaT. | Films (Other)~ I watched The Perfect Date expecting to hate it, but I just simply disliked it :keir:

Numb is such a good song :jamming: How can you not like horror movies? :chick2:

Taylor + Tove Lo + Billie :party:

I have to disagree re: Sunshine Kitty being her best album since ha debut. I thought it was quite underwhelming and I haven't bothered listening to it since the first week. 

Where did you see Little Mix live?

• ATRL Moderator

Stan for LM5. It's amazing :jonny4:

Sabrina, Nina, Mabel :clap3:

Movies (S/DVD/BR)~ Aladdin was cute, I had to think about it but yeah this is EASILY the best Disney remake of the year. Dumbo was weak and The Lion King needed Billy Eichner & Seth Rogen to save it. Booksmart is great :lakitu: || Artists~ Oh I didn't know Lennon came from a show. Sabrina has been giving us some good material with these Singular EPs :heart2: Ariana :eddie: Nina really snatched my attention this year :smitten: Carly, Tove, Billie & Taylor are always amazing :date:

Spoiler

How can you not like horror movies? :chick2:

A lot of them are too scary (or use too many jumpscares), are overly gory, or just not good. :mandown: The only LEGIT horror movies I've seen are the Scream series + Us and Get Out.

Here for the Tinashe stanning - even though I only like around 20% of her stuff, SHE is so likeable. Tove Lo, obvi a legend. Taylor had a year.

MESS at you putting X-Men: Dark Phoenix on any kind of list though. That film is a f*cking travesty. They really destroyed the Dark Phoenix saga for the second time in film?? I have to laugh.

Top 100 Singles

15. Normani & 6LACK - Waves

132057a691c284acd5dd7be0116db2f5bab6c10c-400x400

Technically released in 2018, the music video only came out in February 2019. I still don't know why this song wasn't on number #1 for multipe weeks on my countdown and on the Billboard 100. It's one of the best, if not even THE best song of any Fifth Harmony member.

14. Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed

264x264-000000-80-0-0

Sabrina managed to turn a song about anxiety into a fun electropop song and was totally here for it. The song spent 13 weeks in my top 15 and peaked at number #2.

13. Little Mix - Bounce Back

Bildergebnis für Little Mix - Bounce Back  200x200

To be honest, this wasn't my favorite Little Mix single, but i'm a sucker for songs that uses a sample in a good way and the song was catchy and fun enough to spent 14 weeks on my countdown and gave Little Mix another number #1.

12. Zara Larsson - All The Time

Bildergebnis für Zara Larsson - All The Time 200x200

With "All The Time", swedish pop singer Zara Larsson served literally pop perfection. It is beyond me how this song didn't even managed to crack the top 50 in the UK.

11. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter

Bildergebnis für Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter  200x200

A power female anthem, a provocative music video - this song had everything a strong comeback needed and finally put Miley's music in the right direction again. Sadly, on the Billboard 100 it didn't do that well, but on my countdown, the song peaked at #1 and spent 14 weeks in the Top 50.

10. Sofia Reyes, Rita Ora & Anitta - R.I.P.

Bildergebnis für Sofia Reyes, Rita Ora & Anitta - R.I.P. 200x200

Three great pop singers combined into one song and the result was one of the best and most catchiest songs of the summer 2019. This should've been a worldwide smash, but sadly, the GP proved once again that they don't have taste.

9. Ariana Grande - 7 rings

500x500

Fun lyrics, fun music video and a catchy beat made this to one of the biggest songs of 2019. This more urban R&B sound always suited Ariana better.

8. Kiana Ledé & Offset - Bouncin

maxresdefault

The song title fits perfectly. I literally was bouncin to this song all summer long and couldn't get it out of my head.

7. Kehlani & Ty Dolla $ign - Nights Like This

The lead single of "While We Wait" is one of the best songs Kehlani has ever released. It's chill, sexy and Ty's rap verse even adds something to the song, instead of being just an unnecessary feature.

6. Tamta - Replay

500x500

The ESC was again a big event for me, like every year. My favorite song came from Tamta, even tho "Replay" is basically a rip-off of last year's "Fuego". Still, it's such a good, energetic and catchy song and deserved a higher postion at the ESC.

5. Jax Jones, Martin Solveig & Madison Beer - All Day and Night

Bildergebnis für jax jones all day and night 200x200

What happens if you put one of the best producers of the year and one of the most promising female singers together? You get a massive Eurodance club banger that delivers a sick beat and great vocals.

4. Tiësto & Rita Ora - Ritual

500x500

"All Day and Night" was great and all, but the award for the BEST DANCE SONG of 2019 goes to Tiësto & Rita Ora. Even after over 100 plays, i'm still not sick of this song. And the music video is so simple, yet so great.

3. Little Mix - Wasabi

wasabi-font-by-angeldavidcs-dcsl1vd-250t

This song should've been a single. I can't stress this often enough. This would've had a iconic music video, i just know it. And it was one of their best performances at their tour. Atleast the put out a lyric video, so it can count for my singles countdown.

2. Little Mix & Ty Dolla $ign - Think About Us

500x500

Atleast this LM5 fan favorite was released as a single and had a great music video. Everything that "Wasabi" would've also deserved. "Think About Us" is one of the catchiest tracks on "LM5" and reminds me a lot of their previous hits, like "Touch" and "No More Sad Songs". It also features Ty and again, he doesn't feel like an unnecessary feature, like many other rappers do.

1. BANKS - Gimme

I love these kind of dark pop bangers and BANKS really delivered. It's dark, it's kinda aggressive, but it's also catchy and i like the message of the song. This song spent a total of 17 weeks on my countdown and obviously peaked at number #1. I had this song on repeat all the time and it still sounds as fresh as it did after the first listen.

Movies (Cinema)

40. Das perfekte Geheimnis (The Perfect Secret)

das-perfekte-geheimnis-poster

The gags were sometimes quite amusing and there was no boredom, but topics such as homosexuality, homophobia and sexism were treated very clichéd.

39. Stuber

Bildergebnis für stuber movie 200x200

Starts a little slow, but then turns into an entertaining comedy with a few funny gags.

38. The Lion King

Bildergebnis für the lion king 200x200

The film actually seems a bit soulless at first. Otherwise the film was really cute and I liked it a lot. The CGI was impressive and the music brought back nostalgic childhood memories.

37. The Kitchen: Queens of Crime

urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-190913-99-864584-large-4-3

I almost expected a comedy because of Melissa McCarthy and Tiffany Haddish, but "The Kitchen" surprisingly went in a darker and bloodier direction, which I liked. There was still a pinch of humor.

36. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Scary-Stories-A4-300dpi-RGB-org

The storyline itself is pretty basic and has been seen a dozen times, including the twist, in other horror films of this kind. However, the film stands out because it is visually very appealing, especially because of the setting and the monster designs.

35. Haunt

Bildergebnis für haunt 200x200

Solid, entertaining slasher film that offers exactly what you expect. Lots of clichés, a couple of stupid characters and a few logic holes. But the film also offers a relatively good cast, cool killers and a nice location.

34. Ad Astra

Bildergebnis für ad astra 200x200

The film accompanies Roy, amazingly well played by Brad Pitt, on a visually impressive and beautiful journey through space, which is also a journey through his psyche.

33. Jumanji: The Next Level

Bildergebnis für jumanji the next level 200x200

The gags often seem too try-hard and not really funny. Above all, the two grandpas get annoying quickly because their stupidity seems fake. Otherwise, the film is entertaining. The action is good, the well-known characters are still likeable.

32. Gemini Man

Bildergebnis für gemini man 200x200

Entertaining action thriller with science fiction elements. The story is thin, but the effects are really good, and Will Smith and the rest of the cast perform well.

31. The Hustle

Bildergebnis für the hustle´ 200x200

"The Hustle" is a carefree comedy, with lots of fun moments and jokes. And the chemistry between Anne and Rebel is great, which is the best part of the film. There's also a nice twist in the end that I didn't see coming.

REPLIES

Spoiler
17 hours ago, JGibson said:

Taylor + Tove Lo + Billie :party:

:party:

16 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

I have to disagree re: Sunshine Kitty being her best album since ha debut. I thought it was quite underwhelming and I haven't bothered listening to it since the first week. 

Where did you see Little Mix live?

In Cologne :) 

14 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Stan for LM5. It's amazing :jonny4:

Sabrina, Nina, Mabel :clap3:

It really is :jonny4:

14 hours ago, Remmy said:

Movies (S/DVD/BR)~ Aladdin was cute, I had to think about it but yeah this is EASILY the best Disney remake of the year. Dumbo was weak and The Lion King needed Billy Eichner & Seth Rogen to save it. Booksmart is great :lakitu: || Artists~ Oh I didn't know Lennon came from a show. Sabrina has been giving us some good material with these Singular EPs :heart2: Ariana :eddie: Nina really snatched my attention this year :smitten: Carly, Tove, Billie & Taylor are always amazing :date:

Reveal hidden contents

How can you not like horror movies? :chick2:

A lot of them are too scary (or use too many jumpscares), are overly gory, or just not good. :mandown: The only LEGIT horror movies I've seen are the Scream series + Us and Get Out.

I agree to disagree :mandown: But atleast you have taste in the few horror movies you watched.

Yes, Lennon comes from a show called "Nashville". It's really good, actually.

13 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Here for the Tinashe stanning - even though I only like around 20% of her stuff, SHE is so likeable. Tove Lo, obvi a legend. Taylor had a year.

MESS at you putting X-Men: Dark Phoenix on any kind of list though. That film is a f*cking travesty. They really destroyed the Dark Phoenix saga for the second time in film?? I have to laugh.

Yes, they could've done so much better. 

Movies~ The Hustle... :shutup: Had to turn that off early, mainly just watched for Anne & Rebel in the first place. Haven't seen Jumanji: TNL yet but I'm sure my thoughts will probably mirror yours :lakitu: || Singles~ I enjoy the bottom 5 much more than the top 10 :gaycat3: Waves is nice, the first song from a 5H member I ever liked. Mother's Daughter :jamming: In My Bed + All the Time are really great :sats: :sats: :sats:

Top 100 Albums

15. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated

500x500

The follow-up to the pop masterpiece "Emotion" isn't quite as good, in my opinion, but it still has more than enough bops.

14. Melanie Martinez - K-12

71-LX7fiif-ML-SL1425

The movie was just okay. I liked the visual, but the storyline was weak and it felt to slow paced near the end. But the music is great. A very cohesive and fun pop album.

13. Shirin David - Supersize

71-Ns-PKBfz-GL-SL1200

YouTube star Shirin David put out her record-breaking debut album in 2019. She is the first female hip-hop artist to reach number #1 on the album chart, has over 150 million streams and all the SEVEN singles charted within the german top 10. I'm not sure about hip-hop artist tho, because maybe two songs out of twelve really belong into the genre. The rest is more urban pop. But the important thing is that most are the songs are bops.

12. Rita Ora - Phoenix

500x500

Released in November 2018, this masterpiece of a pop album still left an impression all through 2019 and definitely deserves its spot in the top 15.

11. Nina Nesbitt - The Sun Will Come Up, The Seasons Will Change (& The Flowers Will Fall)

500x500

The number of great songs on this album is even longer than the album title. From catchy pop songs ala Britney Spears to emotional ballads with deep lyrics - this album has everything.

10. Tove Lo - Sunshine Kitty

81c-Sfpr-Ajo-L-SL1200

I know, this is not the most popular opinion, but i think this is Tove's best album since her debut. And i just found out that the best song on the album, "Are U Gonna Tell Her?", was released as a single in November. Why the **** did no one tell me?

9. BANKS - III

Bildergebnis für banks III 200x200

BANKS came back strong this year and delivered probably her most cohesive album to date. "Gimme" was an icredible lead single and deserved to be the number #1 on my singles countdown.

8. Various Artists - Eurovision Song Contest Tel Aviv 2019 

71bl-Pd-FZWSL-SY355

2019 was a strong year for the Eurovision Song Contest. I liked a lot of songs from this album, but especially the entries of Tamta, Michela and Zena.

7. Jax Jones - Snacks (Supersize)

500x500

Since his breakout single "You Don't Know Me", Jax served us a few snacks for three years, before releasing a whole meal with his debut album in 2019. This album is basically a Greatest Hits compilation and is full of amazing songs. This is probably also my most scrobbled album by a DJ.

6. Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

71-SHk-Me-Vdh-L-SL1500

I always loved artists who make more darker pop music, like BANKS, and Billie is like the new princess of this genre. The visuals, the lyrics, the production - everything is amazing, especially for her young age. It's also nice to see that artists like her have some mainstream success.

5. Taylor Swift - Lover

500x500

Talking about dark pop music, i really liked the darker tone of "reputation", but sadly, Taylor did go in a completely different direction with "Lover" and gave us Disney pop, like "ME!", one of her worst lead singles to date. But, this album has a few other gems, that weren't released as a single (yet), like "The Man" or "Afterglow".

4. Lena - Only Love, L

61r8-Tc-Gwxy-L-SL1200

Lena didn't follow the trend to switch from english to german pop and i'm really glad about it. "Only Love, L" is a catchy and fun pop album and doesn't try to be anything else, which is really refreshing.

3. Mabel - High Expectations

616-HFi-Li-O8-L-SL1200

Mabel is kind of the Dua Lipa of 2019 and her debut album is also full of catchy pop songs with hit potential. It's not as amazing as Dua Lipa's debut alhum, but it's still a great pop album.

2. Ariana Grande - thank u, next

61jjb1-YA8-FL-SY355

"Sweetener" was good, but sometimes, it felt like two different albums mixed into one. On the other, "thank u, next" is one of her most cohesive albums, which is surprising, considering that the album production was probably rushed. It seems like Ariana found her sound and it's so good.

1. Little Mix - LM5

Bildergebnis für little mix lm5 200x200

Who else did you expect at the top? "LM5" is their most grown-up album yet and it's a shame how it was handled, because of the timing with their label switch. The album deserved atleast two or three more singles, especially "WASABI". I will probably never get over that this song didn't have a proper single release.

Movies (Cinema)

30. Paradise Hills

Bildergebnis für paradise hills 200x200

I really liked "Paradise Hills". A dystopian, visually impressive, slightly feminist mix of "Sucker Punch", "Suspiria", "Stepford Wives" and "Black Mirror".

29. Anna

Bildergebnis für Anna movie 200x200

Sasha Luss does really well in her first leading role and plays the contract killer "Anna" quite convincingly. There is no shortage of cool fight scenes, entertainment factor and excitement, but the twists are all pretty predictable.

28. Captain Marvel

Bildergebnis für captain marvel 200x200

This is the first Marvel film I've seen and I haven't been disappointed. "Captian Marvel" is amusing, offers good effects and has a lot of action. So the film exactly met my expectations.

27. Glass

Bildergebnis für glass movie 200x200

Despite the long running time, the film is captivating throughout. The main strengths of the film are the great characters and the conversations between Dr. Staple and the superheroes.

26. Terminator: Dark Fate

Bildergebnis für terminator dark fate 200x200

I thought this was a very good sequel. Good action, good actors and I thought it was good that the female characters were more in focus, which is certainly a criticism for some privileged straight men who are afraid of strong women.

25. Midsommar

Bildergebnis für midsommar 200x200

I liked it better than "Hereditary", maybe because this time I went to the cinema with completely different expectations. "Midsommar" is a very artistic, intense film that is sometimes both disturbing and uncomfortable.

24. Toy Story 4

Bildergebnis für toy story 4 200x200

Funny, sweet and emotional animation film with a high nostalgia factor.

23. IT: Chapter 2

Bildergebnis für it chapter 2 200x200

The film itself was pretty good, but I liked the first part a little better. The predecessor was also a mix of horror, drama and comedy, but it seemed more coherent and better blended together.

22. Annabelle Comes Home

Bildergebnis für annabelle comes home 200x200

Good jumpscares, likeable characters and surprisingly funny - Annabelle's second sequel is quite good and remains the best spin-off of the "conjuring" universe.

21. 7500

Bildergebnis für 7500 movie 200x200

This film is so simple and yet so effective. "7500" felt so real that it was really uncomfortable. For the first fifty minutes I felt so uncomfortable that I almost felt sick.

REPLIES

Spoiler
On 1/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, Remmy said:

Movies~ The Hustle... :shutup: Had to turn that off early, mainly just watched for Anne & Rebel in the first place. Haven't seen Jumanji: TNL yet but I'm sure my thoughts will probably mirror yours :lakitu: || Singles~ I enjoy the bottom 5 much more than the top 10 :gaycat3: Waves is nice, the first song from a 5H member I ever liked. Mother's Daughter :jamming: In My Bed + All the Time are really great :sats: :sats: :sats:

Really? I thought the movie was quite entertaining.

Toy Story 4 :party:

Songs For You was a pleasant surprise!

Zara released classics this year and TBH they were snubbed on my countdowns.

I just listened to Don’t Call Me Up for the first time an hour ago and why have I been missing out!

You’re right about Dedicated.

Phoenix was a pop classic!

I don’t know if I would go as far to say Sunshine Kitty is her best work, but Glad He’s Gone, Come Undone, Mateo, and Shifted are excellent.

Jax Jones showed up a lot on my countdowns too!

Taylor really missed the mark with ME! Also it seems like The Man is shaping up to become a single!

What sample does Bounce Back use?

Mother’s Daughter and All The Time :flame:

I’m checking out Mabel’s debut album for the first time right now and it is full of bops!

Also please check out my updates!!

• ATRL Moderator

So many great albums :jonny6:

I really enjoyed the album of this year Eurovision's full of bops and some really emotinal ballads like "Proud"!!

High Expectations, LM5 (I agree, it's their best album :jonny2:), TUN, High Expectations, K-12, Lover, Nina's album :party:

Toy Story 4 was so fun to watch. I prefer it over TS3 :mandown:

TV Shows

15. Insatiable

Bildergebnis für insatiable 200x200

Who would've thought that a show that looked like a teen drama about a girl who loses weight and gets popular would turn into a show about a teenage serial killer? Well, definitely not me and i think it's hilarious and so fun to watch.

14. American Horror Story: 1984

400x400-75

This season paid hommage to slasher movies of the 80s and did a really good job with it. It's definitely not the best season of AHS, but atleast it felt mostly consistent until the end, something that you can't say about a lot of seasons of this show.

13. Jessica Jones

Bildergebnis für jessica jones 200x200

In its last season, "Jessica Jones" had to deal with a human villain that torchered her in a psychological way. Besides that, she had to fight her sister who lost control and had to deal with the loss of a family member. It was a very dark season, but also a very entertaining one.

12. Veronica Mars

Bildergebnis für veronica mars hulu 200x200

Our favorite private detective finally returned with a fourth season and she didn't lost any of her sass. Except for the controversial ending, this was a very strong season.

11. The Purge

Bildergebnis für the purge series 200x200

The second season of "The Purge" was everything i wanted the first one to be. It showed us what happens between the Purge and gave as an inside look what happens behind the scenes.

10. Big Little Lies

Bildergebnis für big little lies 200x200

The second season dealt with the aftermath of Perry's death and with the guilt some of the women felt. It wasn't as compelling as the first season, but still had some series highlights, including almost all scenes with Laura Dern and a new cast member - the ICONIC Meryl Streep.

9. Arrow

Bildergebnis für arrow season 8 200x200

Throughout its eight season-run, the DC show sometimes dipped in quality, but in their last season they really delivered fantastic television. The eight season is a well-paced, nostalgic ride into the biggest crossover the DC shows had so far.

8. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Bildergebnis für chilling adventures of sabrina 200x200

The second half of the season dealt with Sabrina turning to the dark side and was a little slow-paced, but still as dark and entertaining as the first half of the season.

7. Euphoria

Bildergebnis für euphoria hbo 200x200

This teen drama feels realistic, but also over the top at the same time. Nevertheless, it's one of the best teen shows in recent years. The acting is great and the score by Labrinth is phenomenal.

6. 9-1-1

Bildergebnis für 9-1-1 200x200

Compelling characters, accidents that could've been in the Final Destination franchise and a lot of emotional moments - 9-1-1 is on it's way to become the new, more action-packed "Grey's Anatomy".

5. Chernobyl

Bildergebnis für chernobyl 200x200

The mini series about the real life events of Chernobyl is one of the most devastating tv shows of the year. It's so hard to watch, but at the same time you can't stop watching, because it's so good.

4. Stranger Things

Bildergebnis für stranger things 200x200

The first season was great, but to be honest, i barely paid attention to the second season. However, with the third season the show not only returned to its old strength, it even topped the first season. 

3. Orange is the New Black

Bildergebnis für orange is the new black 200x200

The last season of this groundbreaking TV show deals again with hard-hitting issues and doesn't shy away from letting our favorite characters suffer. It's rare that a final season feels so depressing. But even with all the drama, the show still manages to keep its humor that made it so beloved. 

2. Killing Eve

Bildergebnis für killing eve season 2 200x200

The dynamic of the two lead characters is still as compelling as it was in the first season, maybe even more. Dark humor, thrilling storylines and stellar performances by Sandra Oh and especially Jodie Comer make this to one of the best tv shows on TV right now.

1. The 100

Bildergebnis für the 100 season 6 200x200

Who would've thought that a show in its sixth season could deliver such quality. Every episode of the sixth season was literally a 10 out of 10. After a medicore fifth season, the show reinvented itself (again) and we got maybe even the best season of the show. By the way, Eliza Taylor should get an award for playing two characters, who at the same time pretended to be each other from time to time, so effortlessly.

Movies (Cinema)

20. Spies in Disguise

spies-in-disguise-scaled

Great animated and very funny film that is suitable for both children and adults.

19. Second Act

Bildergebnis für second act 200x200

All-rounder Jennifer Lopez is simply made for romantic comedies and enchants every viewer with her charm. The film has its weaknesses, but is still very entertaining. "Second Act" has wit, heart and great music.

18. Joker

Bildergebnis für joker 200x200

Fascinating, emotional and shocking insight into the psyche of one of the greatest comic book villains of all time. Joacquin Phoenix plays the role fantastic.

17. Good Boys

Bildergebnis für good boys 200x200

Really amusing comedy with rough gags and three good protagonists.

16. Child's Play

Bildergebnis für child's play 200x200

"Chucky" meets "Black Mirror", mixed with a little "Stranger Things". This is how you could describe the remake of this horror cult classic. And this mix works amazingly well.

15. Spider-Man: Far from Home

Bildergebnis für spider-man far from home 200x200

"Spiderman: Far from Home" could almost be put into the genre comedy in the first half, that's how amusing the movie is. However, this is not a criticism because humor is one of the strengths of the film. And it's also very action-packed.

14. The Curse of La Llorona

Bildergebnis für the curse of la llorona 200x200

I surprisingly liked the film. Sure, nothing new is delivered here and the jump scares are often predictable, but "The Curse of La Llorona" offers a really scary atmosphere.

13. Avengers 4: Endgame

Bildergebnis für avengers endgame 200x200

The mixture of drama, comedy and action is almost perfect here. The final battle was really gigantic and very exciting. Many of the characters were able to shine again.

12. Brightburn: Son of Darkness

Bildergebnis für brightburn 200x200

Although the film is sometimes predictable, it's still entertaining as hell. Brandon slaughters himself through a small town in about 90 entertaining minutes and that in a surprisingly bloody way.

11. Alita: Battle Angel

Bildergebnis für alita battle angel 200x200

The screenplay is typically Hollywood-style and offers no big surprises. However, this is balanced out by the grandiose effects and the cool fight scenes. "Alita: Battle Angel" is definitely worth a visit to the cinema.

REPLIES

Spoiler
On 1/5/2020 at 11:22 AM, JGibson said:

Toy Story 4 :party:

:party:

21 hours ago, Legend E said:

Lover, High Expectations :clap3: 

:clap3:

18 hours ago, witness1.3 said:

Songs For You was a pleasant surprise!

Zara released classics this year and TBH they were snubbed on my countdowns.

I just listened to Don’t Call Me Up for the first time an hour ago and why have I been missing out!

You’re right about Dedicated.

Phoenix was a pop classic!

I don’t know if I would go as far to say Sunshine Kitty is her best work, but Glad He’s Gone, Come Undone, Mateo, and Shifted are excellent.

Jax Jones showed up a lot on my countdowns too!

Taylor really missed the mark with ME! Also it seems like The Man is shaping up to become a single!

What sample does Bounce Back use?

Mother’s Daughter and All The Time :flame:

I’m checking out Mabel’s debut album for the first time right now and it is full of bops!

Also please check out my updates!!

Wow, you never heard Don't Call Me Up? How is that possible? But atleast you've seen the light now. :gaycat2:

Bounce Back samples "Back to Life" by Soul II Soul

15 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

So many great albums :jonny6:

I really enjoyed the album of this year Eurovision's full of bops and some really emotinal ballads like "Proud"!!

High Expectations, LM5 (I agree, it's their best album :jonny2:), TUN, High Expectations, K-12, Lover, Nina's album :party:

Toy Story 4 was so fun to watch. I prefer it over TS3 :mandown:

Toy Story 4 was so cute. I'm not sure if i even ever watched TS3 :mandown:

Albums~ K-12, Sunshine Kitty, thank u next :heart2: Lover :date: WWAFA,WDWG? and TSWCU,TSWC :smitten: Dedicated :sats: It has been missing too many top 10s though!
Movies~ Captain Marvel was your 1st MCU film? :soda: An interesting place to start. Hopefully you've been going back as well. Good Boys was a bit underwhelming after that hilarious trailer. Toy Story 4 :eddie: Joker, Spider-Man: Far from Home & Avengers: Endgame :worship: In 2019 Marvel killed it once again and DC finally stepped up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.