theblackestday's Best of 2019 | Period.

theblackestday

NOT HAYDEN CASEY FOR HONORABLE MENTIONS!!! He deserves top 10 at least... Does that mean you have Lover on your actual list ?

These set of albums are great picks :omg: ufof/two hands, wigh, blood, mazy fly :jonny5: Cherry Glazzer is a dud but gonna let you stan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theblackestday

• TheWayWeWere

• Body Electrician

• Sbbmsve

american football, anak ko, when i get home :clap3: 

ffff why do people keep combining two hands and ufof give big thief the two positions they deserve! :angry: and ufof the higher position that it deserves :angry: 

whew these graphics, obsessed :jonny5:

I'm surprised you like Anak Ko? I swear I remember you dragging ha at some point :skull:

WIGH was just one long interlude and is way overrated, many albums on your HMs deserved instead. 

Jamila and Kelsey :jonny5: talented queens

Not UFOF and Two Hands being grouped together, they are entirely separate bodies of work and deserve top 10 but :clap3:

I listened to Cherry Glazerr a lot at beginning of the year but I've don't think I've listened to S&R in months :skull: a cute girl though

The genre tag under SPELLLING should say "minimal talent" instead of "minimal synth" x

Overall great picks, curious to see what your top 20 will be :eek:

Not these quick lil updates, good choices so far !

2 hours ago, Lazuli said:

ffff why do people keep combining two hands and ufof give big thief the two positions they deserve! :angry: and ufof the higher position that it deserves :angry: 

Period!

some great choices on the last three updates I missed but you know that already

tumblr_inline_oulf3cUUda1qie8de_250.gif

Americ

Anfootball snapped, such an upgrade from the last album

doubt that Anna Ou will ever grow on me, which is a shame, I gave it another chance yesterday and it's still :katie:

Injury Reserve, Spellling, Kelsey Lu, Solange, Little Simz... deserves :heart2:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Charli and forevher only HMs :cries: 

WIGH is such a grower, especially with her live performances :jonny6: 

ps: your graphics SLAYS

Her Jimmy Fallon performance put the final nail in my coffin :jonny:

Thanks! :heart2:

22 hours ago, bestfiction said:

well hello there :gaycat3:

the Taylor drag in HMs :deadbanana2: It's Nice To Have a Friend as Taylor's only good song :deadbanana: go off 

Miss Roisin definitely served, I liked her previous less boppable album but her disco bangers are what we love her for so x

Don't Worry Bout Me stanning :jonny: her best song by far

Noir is amazing too :jonny6: western hoes could never

Poppy's transition to metal is really the best thing that happenned to her, she excels at it for sure

as for albums, I'd say Charli deserved better but not that much since the album is quite a mess and BIOYL shouldn't have existed so x forevher is a cute girl too

maybe I was a bit harsh :angelo: 

You've made many points!

Charli is good, but too messy. while I also stanned it I also have lots of complains on it

17 hours ago, Kang. said:

OK true?

Don't Worry Bout Me is cute you're right. Do you like the songs Beautiful by A.G. Cook + Broken Flowers by Danny L Harle

Charli / Danny / Madgibbs / Chromatics / Solange / Simz my favorites from albers so far. Not so much into indie rock stuff anymore though

hm not really. I'm not big on those overtly PC music songs, too joyful for a dark twisted soul like me...

9 hours ago, Sbbmsve said:

NOT HAYDEN CASEY FOR HONORABLE MENTIONS!!! He deserves top 10 at least... Does that mean you have Lover on your actual list ?

These set of albums are great picks :omg: ufof/two hands, wigh, blood, mazy fly :jonny5: Cherry Glazzer is a dud but gonna let you stan

Hayden sweetie... I'm so sorry

9 hours ago, Lazuli said:

american football, anak ko, when i get home :clap3: 

tbf I combined them cause I wanted to shoutout both otherwise U.F.O.F. would have been left out :mandown: Jenni SOTD though

7 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

whew these graphics, obsessed :jonny5:

I'm surprised you like Anak Ko? I swear I remember you dragging ha at some point :skull:

WIGH was just one long interlude and is way overrated, many albums on your HMs deserved instead. 

Jamila and Kelsey :jonny5: talented queens

Not UFOF and Two Hands being grouped together, they are entirely separate bodies of work and deserve top 10 but :clap3:

I listened to Cherry Glazerr a lot at beginning of the year but I've don't think I've listened to S&R in months :skull: a cute girl though

The genre tag under SPELLLING should say "minimal talent" instead of "minimal synth" x

Overall great picks, curious to see what your top 20 will be :eek:

mess what, I always liked Anak Ko :dies: WIGH is very much a vibe, I get where you're coming from but it's a grower and it remained one of the more notable albums of the year for me. It's what they deserve @ Big Thief combination. S&R still slaps although it's quite the fad

Die x

.t wait <3

6 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

Not these quick lil updates, good choices so far !

Period!

!

3 hours ago, World Eater said:

some great choices on the last three updates I missed but you know that already

tumblr_inline_oulf3cUUda1qie8de_250.gif

Americ

Anfootball snapped, such an upgrade from the last album

doubt that Anna Ou will ever grow on me, which is a shame, I gave it another chance yesterday and it's still :katie:

Americ

Anfootball dsfkjsdf that took me out

Anna Ou doesn't reach Everybody Works' highs but I think it's a worthy successor!

2 hours ago, TRF. said:

Injury Reserve, Spellling, Kelsey Lu, Solange, Little Simz... deserves :heart2:

we stans we do.

#20–#11 soon x

Edited by theblackestday

10 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Aviary #1 for 2018

YUPPPP

Where's your Best Of hoe

Jenny, Rico, Karyyn, yeule, Carly, Slayyyter all served!!!

Birth of Violence is such a beautiful album.

emote.png

some of the others I liked too but they didn't have much replay value for me.

Not me still forgetting to check out Serotonin II... I bet it's a slay. Loving the choices

Sasami, Tyler and Jenny :jonny5: 

slayyyter garbage :mandown:

Forgot Miss Karyyn released.. I should check it out again

Another great set :clap3:

ilysm and this taste only confirms that :jonny5:

also did indieheauxs get deleted or...

5 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Anima and Igor :heart2:

Clueless a meninist? 

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Not me still forgetting to check out Serotonin II... I bet it's a slay. Loving the choices

Please do! It’s beautiful

Just now, Body Electrician said:

Sasami, Tyler and Jenny :jonny5: 

slayyyter garbage :mandown:

Forgot Miss Karyyn released.. I should check it out again

Another great set :clap3:

Please do! It’s beautiful [2]

Just now, Supervillain said:

Slayy*ter being higher than Carly...

dRY7ADm.gif

wow some non-predicted entries

On 12/7/2019 at 6:24 AM, theblackestday said:

everyone who knows me knows I hate ms. Swift with a passion. I think she's a useless hag who contributes nothing to society but sonic terrorism. She's had zero good songs. ZERO. That was until It's Nice to Have a Friend came along and the only time I would willingly listen to a song of hers

Sjdjkfkrkr RUTHLESS

It's Nice is one of the highest highs of Over and her career in general though, so you made points

Xmm0SSS.gif

Serotonin II is such a moody, pretty dream pop, final evolution of a Tumblr girl kinda album. The post-interludes run from Pretty Bones to An Angel Held Me Like a Child is phenomenal and then you have a great Rest Stop'd closer in Veil of Darkness :alexz:

How tf were you sorta a Carly hater before and it took THIS album of all things for you to switch

Chelsea was fine but she definitely is better when she's more metal and less like this. Igor was decent too

On 12/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, theblackestday said:

honestly neither did I but it's what it deserves

DDjPWr2WAAEQm7U.png gonna listen to it in a moment

Very same, I'm trying out here! and maybe so... :mandown:

You know what, I was gonna ask for the link for the chat but I don't think I have the time to even be on it :skull: also I'm probs gonna do a quick lil countdown.

OT: Come through with the updates. Love the graphics and there's a bunch of albums to love here. Can't wait for the #1 :mandown: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.