Body Electrician's Best of 2019 | Albums #10-1

Body Electrician

Summer Girl :clap3: HAIM SERVING this year, I feel like album going to be their best :jonny5: 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Body Electrician

• TheWayWeWere

• Tsareena

• Sbbmsve

Spoiler
On 12/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, Tsareena said:

ooh the flavor...

:jonny5: runner is so good and I'm suddenly hyped for a tennis fad record

men i trust :clap3:

the unordained really grew on me. initially in my bottom trinity

I only really loved Modern Woman from Yours Conditionally but I hope Swimmer is more of a serve :'( 

Unordained a classic :heart2:

On 12/5/2019 at 8:41 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Some of these 11s missing Top 50? :jonny2:

nn some of them could easily be top 10 but I'm really trying to stick to one song per artist (there are obviously exceptions though)

On 12/5/2019 at 10:25 PM, Sbbmsve said:

So many good songs :omg: And this is just your honorable mentions... Door should've been on your list though :clown:

Door is great but there are better songs on PANG :mandown:

On 12/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Great home with you, beautiful home with you :flower: the first column was 'x' but the right hand ones are cute. Stan The Archer, we need more of us x

Taylor ha dream pop moment..

On 12/6/2019 at 6:33 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

Is Frankie Cosmos good? I got recommended it a few times but it slid under the radar for me.

Zoo Eyes, 2099, Summer, Runner, Door, and ESPECIALLY No Drug Like Me... I love to see it even if they're just HMs.

They're one trick ponies but when they get it right they get it right... Next Thing is their best

On 12/6/2019 at 7:21 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

2099 > 1999 :gaycat3:

Violence is great, but I felt that album will be messy :rip: 

The Archer :clap3: 

Slide Away is so underrated :'( 

2099 left 1999 a bloody, decrepit CORPSE. And MA is a mess :skull: but we will stream anyway

13 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

wow lots of those are talent... betsy :jonny6: 

Drive into New York with me
Big lights in the city

:jonny6:

13 hours ago, ElleDriver said:

I'll be so disappointed if I don't see K-12 at #1!

2FHZuRu.gif

12 hours ago, World Eater said:

oop seeing talent already

giphy.gif

perched for yours king

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Tsareena said:

summer girl, basquiat, unbearably white  :jonny:

classic, classic, classic :jonny:

10 hours ago, volition said:

Basquiat :jonny:

jamila made POINTS

unbearably white :grimes5:

some of the hms like 2099, the unordained, and the big thief sings could have made the actual list tbh

The entire album was unbearably white and boring but I have to show Mr Koenig some love

isn't that VW in general... in fact this is their least white album thus far :eli: 

summer girl :katie2: 

i9lpVtU.png

yN99YD4.png

Show me your banana, show me your banana :date3:

HbilS0Q.png

Simply ethereal

agjuJIq.png

SO WHAT'S THE SADDEST SITUATION THAT YOU'VE EVER SEEN?

IF YOU DON'T SAY YOU - I DON'T AGREE!

Read of the year :jonny5:

brc3zLF.png

Obsessed with the way this loops to play one continuous song - new album in 2020 please king!

VTsokL0.png

The way Big Thief can create both beautiful acoustic led tracks (Wolf, Betsy) and distorted, heavier songs like this is what solidifies them as one of the greatest bands of the 2010s. Magnetic.

• ATRL Moderator

Is there a 1 song per artist rule?

SHYHMF is good, about 4th best on Pang.  Sad Day shoulda been higher!

SHYHMF horrible
hopefully there's 8 more twigs songs on this list cause this is too low x
High Horse ended Kacey a little
In My Room had great replay value although forgotten. Still the superior single from the two!
JENNI'S IN MY ROOM M6MmbWm.png

Edited by theblackestday

what is this hunny

Lemme start with HMs - California is amazing and super underrated! :weeps: I love it so much. 

Door deserves better than being in HMs :-*

2099 is a dud x 1999 outsold

I have yet to click with Home With You but I've seen her genius verified explanation of it so maybe I will look at it from a different angle

The archer is highkey the best single from lOver x

Unbearably White is cute but overrated. This Life outsold 

Summer Girl has passed me by but the other two singles are amazing :gaycat3:

Caroline's Banana sing is good obviously but I kinda hate how this one is blowing up (by Caroline's standarts) over Door and Ocean Of Tears:noparty:

Last year's top 4 songs were quite the serve huh?

home with you only getting a mention is criminal :grump: Summer, NDLM, Violence, Door, Wild Time, The Archer and Slide Away :heart2:

I Think is a big bop :-* kiii sad day and SHYHMF are some of my least faves on those albums but they're still cute :thing:

So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings :jonny5: A MAJOR BOP, thanks to it I discovered Caroline :jonny5: 

Sad Day :smitten: 

So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings YAAAAAS Fleetwood Mac who?? I was going to put 5 or 6 Pang songs into my list because it’s that good. 

Sad Day is great, a highlight on MAGDALENE :jonny:And so is Jenni Hval, a shoegaze anthem. Slay sis :jonny:

Show me your banana, show me your banana :date3:

wait I- :deadbanana: 

sad day :alexz: jenni :alexz: when the guitar hits:jonny5: 

replies

Spoiler
On 12/7/2019 at 5:56 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Summer Girl :clap3: HAIM SERVING this year, I feel like album going to be their best :jonny5: 

I've not really felt either of their previous albums so here's hoping :heart2:

On 12/7/2019 at 10:39 AM, theblackestday said:

oh wow Basquiat and I Think :jonny:

Finally, some Tyler love :jonny:

22 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

unbearably white :grimes5:

some of the hms like 2099, the unordained, and the big thief sings could have made the actual list tbh

Yeah they so almost did, but the list could literally be made up of 4-5 artists if I included everything. Selecting the creme de la creme.

21 hours ago, Lazuli said:

isn't that VW in general... in fact this is their least white album thus far :eli: 

summer girl :katie2: 

I'm more of a Contra girl myself :eli:

17 hours ago, Madame X said:

Is there a 1 song per artist rule?

SHYHMF is good, about 4th best on Pang.  Sad Day shoulda been higher!

Kind of, but obviously there are exceptions because some songs are too good to be left out :heart2:

16 hours ago, theblackestday said:

SHYHMF horrible
hopefully there's 8 more twigs songs on this list cause this is too low x
High Horse ended Kacey a little
In My Room had great replay value although forgotten. Still the superior single from the two!
JENNI'S IN MY ROOM M6MmbWm.png

source.gif

13 hours ago, bestfiction said:

what is this hunny

Lemme start with HMs - California is amazing and super underrated! :weeps: I love it so much. 

Door deserves better than being in HMs :-*

2099 is a dud x 1999 outsold

I have yet to click with Home With You but I've seen her genius verified explanation of it so maybe I will look at it from a different angle

The archer is highkey the best single from lOver x

Unbearably White is cute but overrated. This Life outsold 

Summer Girl has passed me by but the other two singles are amazing :gaycat3:

Caroline's Banana sing is good obviously but I kinda hate how this one is blowing up (by Caroline's standarts) over Door and Ocean Of Tears:noparty:

1999 better than 2099? Is it crack?

The whole VW album was a drag but UB was a highlight and proves Ezra still has some talent remaining

Can barely remember the other two HAIM singles :rip:

I don't like OOT that much and Door is cute, but So Hot just has something they lack. I played it at a Halloween party and everyone popped off.

13 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Last year's top 4 songs were quite the serve huh?

home with you only getting a mention is criminal :grump: Summer, NDLM, Violence, Door, Wild Time, The Archer and Slide Away :heart2:

I Think is a big bop :-* kiii sad day and SHYHMF are some of my least faves on those albums but they're still cute :thing:

They sure were :heart2:

Least faves?! Both albums have much weaker...

5 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings :jonny5: A MAJOR BOP, thanks to it I discovered Caroline :jonny5: 

Sad Day :smitten: 

The way she really became the it indie-pop girl this year :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Sbbmsve said:

So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings YAAAAAS Fleetwood Mac who?? I was going to put 5 or 6 Pang songs into my list because it’s that good. 

Sad Day is great, a highlight on MAGDALENE :jonny:And so is Jenni Hval, a shoegaze anthem. Slay sis :jonny:

not Jenni Hval :bibliahh: yeah sad day was the song I was looking forward to most and it does not disappoint at all :jonny:

1 hour ago, Lazuli said:

wait I- :deadbanana: 

sad day :alexz: jenni :alexz: when the guitar hits:jonny5: 

nnn I didn't notice until my like 30th listen. Jenni is euphoria confirmed!

this is a serve already, finally someone stanning Mannequin B*ssy :jonny: Summer Girl, I Think, Basquiat  (!), Sunday, So Hot, sad day, High Horse, Jenni, I could go on whew

mKlAXZh.gif

goTbm19.png

HJrAJwG.png

What Chaos Is Imaginary was very forgettable, but they saved the best track until last. Great shoegazey vibes that they should've tried to expand on with the rest of the album.

QPN4tgm.png

For me, Billie's music is better with the "less is more" approach, as shown here and in other When We All Fall Asleep tracks like ilomilo and listen before i go. This is the highlight, however, and proves her a songwriting talent beyond her 17 years.

ReAlSta.png

Beautiful track from a beautiful album

yDIh560.png

One of the most dramatic and ambitious songs I've heard all year. The standard for græ has been set very high

fT7QaZb.png

2nd most talented New Zealand songwriter after Lorde :heart2:

I agree a lot with your Billie pick and description.

Aldous is a kiwi? :eek: Talent!

Roses definitely a highlight on What Chaos Is Imaginary, the Slowdivity of it all... but Where You Sink, now that's a SOTY.

Most of the other girls made points too

• ATRL Moderator

sad day whew a song... 
jenni no words
i love you yeah
virile whew
fixture pixture whew

HMs: 2099, Summer, California :smile: The Archer not making it :noparty: No Drug Like Me and Door though??? Now THAT should be a crime :biblio: || Main list: Sunday, i love you & SHYHMF :jonny5: Now those are songs that people will be singing at weddings, funerals, graduations... we love!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.