Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

It's the moment... At last. The moment we've been all waiting for a long time. It's time to crown the winner of the ninth season of Choose The Album, Then a Song. I'd like to congratulate each of three contestants still standing and, no matter the winner, you should all be proud of your run.

Let's meet the judges one last time!

judges.png

R10_Judges_Look.png

Pedro                           Lazuli                             Kavish     

Looking good, girls! Now that you've taken your position, let me give you a quick review on how things worked this time around.

rules.png

Once again, the voting process had two parts: the judging vote and the public vote. The public vote accounted for 20%, while the judging vote for 80%. How did it work? Each #1 given by a public vote accounted for 100 points; #2 for 50 and #3 for 25. Translating it into 20%: #1 for 20 points; #2 for 10 points; #3 for 5 points. I also had to take in consideration that there were 5 voters and 3 judges... You do the maths. With this being said, the final amount of points given by the public were calculated as if there were 3 voters as well.

As for the judges, each #1 rank would give the contestant 80 points; #2 40 points; #3 20 points (80% of each).

In the end, the results were summed up to determine the winner.

FR_Banner.png

FR_Caption.png

Spoiler

Harry Potter is a world on its own. It may be the most fascinating thing ever created after Britney Spears. Alright, I promise I will keep this professional. When I looked at my right side and saw my Harry Potter collection, I was like: "I waited a full week, thinking on what theme to go with and it was always here by my side? Great!" So I do apologise for the long time but here it is.

Harry Potter contains so many things that I could just pick one and it'd give us an amazing final round but during this one we will be focusing on Hogwarts Houses. As you know (or should!) Hogwarts is a witchcraft and wizardry school where students learn magic. Before they do, they are received with a huge cerimony where they are distributed into four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. It is the sorting hat job to put every studend into one of those based on the student's personality and ambitions.

In this final round, you will become the sorting hat and sort every song from your album into a house... Yes, EVERY song. You don't have to elaborate on each individually but you will be reading the characteristics of each house and sort the songs into one according to what they represent. There's no need for balance. What I mean is you don't have to put 5 songs in each house. You can actually put all of them into one if that's what makes sense. I actually said you'd sort EVERY song but I lied. One of the songs will NOT be sorted. It will represent Hogwarts: the heart of each house a.k.a. the heart of your album. Besides sorting every song, you will sort two more things: yourself and your artist keeping in mind the relationship that both of you have with the album (you don't have to put yourself and your artist in the same house).

publicvote.png

During this voting process, there was a tie between two of you for #1 place but it wasn't necessary to untie due to the judges decision.

Let's start revealing the points... With a total amount of 45 points, the third place in the public vote goes to...

Spoiler

Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands"

That means, you currently hold 372 points and that would mean you'd rank last because with a total amount of 65 points, MusicLoverDude and shelven tied for first place.

The final result counting solely the public votes, look like this:

Spoiler

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 398 Points.

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 374 Points.

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 372 Points.

It isn't over just yet.

judgevotes.png

There was no tie here and it's time to reveal who got last in the judging vote and therefore finished third in the competition. The user that got the lowest amount of votes and therefore ranks #3 in this season's chart is...

Spoiler

MusicLoverDude: Samanta Jade - "Nine"

It was an amazing run but simply not enough. You finish at third with a total amount of 434 points. The judges awarded you extra 125 points.

It's now between Rihlana and Shelven. There is solely 26 points between you two. The name of the person I am mentioning next is the WINNER of Choose The Album, Then a Song 9. That is...

Spoiler

One more time!

Spoiler

ONE MORE!

Spoiler

THE WINNER IS...

Spoiler

WITH 598 POINTS...

Spoiler

shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting"

Congratulations, Shelven! This was truly deserved. You added to your score 265 points from the judges.

Rihlana... Thank you so much for joining the competition and congratulations on getting second which is an amazing result as well! The judges awarded you 205 points. You finished with 532.

... And before I officially close this season, I have an announcement to make.

Spoiler

When I first created Choose The Album, Then a Song, I had never thought I'd be able to host nine successful seasons. The game grew so much and easily became one of the most interesting ones in ATRL. It wasn't only about competing. On top of that was music. We were all here to share what we love with others; we were introduced to so many new artists and albums we never thought of listening; people improved their writing skills, their knowledge and, at the end of the day, they learned more about the albums they played with, their artists and about themselves because this game allows you to go that deep.

We all found new music, new tastes and opened our horizons to new stuff. That's the beauty of Choose The Album, Then a Song.

With this being said, I am afraid this will be our last season together. I don't think I will have enough time to continue hosting a game so demanding. Nonetheless, the doors are opened and if someone ever wants to take the lead, be my guest. I'd love to see this game continuing.

I won't be able to mention everyone that helped this game become so special but you know who you are. It was amazing having so many people focused on a simple game and literally taking their times off to critique or play a music game, not a lot of people would do that but your commitment and passion for music is beautful.

Thank you everyone who made this possible and thank you to all of the judges and contestants that played the game. I hope we see eachother in the future.

All the best,

Pedro

Edited by Pedro

rates.png

Find below the judges' comments to each entry.

Spoiler

PEDRO

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting"

I didn’t expect less from you other than this. A very well elaborated essay with an introduction, development and a full conclusion. The articulation in this essay is amazing and, while being long, it doesn’t get anyone tired. As you know, I am a big fan of the way you write, express your feelings, opinions and the also the way you are. From the little I know from you, you seem to be intelligent, genuine and interested. I truly appreciate those characteristics in someone and all of those are represented in this essay.

I don’t have much to add or critique when it comes to the house divisioning of your songs. They all make sense to me and I feel like you left no space for doubts. The way you introduced each house and then correlated to each song was marvelous. Given your description of each, I would agree with all of them. It was interesting seeing “Cheap Thrills” falling within Hufflepuff!

As for the rest, “I have questions”. Number one, tell me who you think you are. I am kidding... Long as you holding me down. As for the “heart” of the album, you chose “Reaper” but in my mind I question myself: “Why wasn’t this song placed in Slytherin as well since it shares so many characteristics with a couple that fell within that house - “Bird Set Free” and “Unstoppable”?” Actually, I remember how this game started with “Bird Set Free” and you used it to represent the album itself… So why didn’t you continue that line of thought? It’s not a big deal, though, as you made good conclusions about why “Reaper” deserves the title but I detected some lack of consistency here.

Looking at Sia, I would definitely consider Ravenclaw but it wouldn’t be obvious. Nonetheless, with your amazing explanation, I truly agree. As for you… You seem kind, loyal and appreciative. Therefore, I believe Hufflepuff would always be you - with or without “This Is Acting”.

Good job and good luck, Shelven! Thank you for giving so much to this game, I truly appreciate it.

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine"

Oh, MusicLoverDude… You know yourself so well and it’s mesmerizing to see how much you’ve achieved. Going back to the very first season of this game, no one would ever say you’d be here in the finals eight seasons after but look at you! Even though, we never really got along due to our personalities, I am extremely proud of you. You became more contained, classier, more intelligent and better overall and if this is it by now, imagine in a few years! You can conquer the world.

When it comes to your entry, it definitely wasn’t your best and I am pretty sure you’d be the first to acknowledge that. I feel like, at this point, winning would only be a bonus for you. I am sure you already feel quite accomplished to have made it this far. Well, unlike a lot of your entries this season, I felt lack of consistency and articulation throughout your essay. I felt like the development of your essay was a bit all over the place and it didn’t allow us to dive full in. Your explanation on why each song should be associated with a certain house was rushed and didn’t provide much detail. I am actually unsure if you fully understood the meaning of a few but that’s not relevant at this point.

What I enjoyed the most within your essay was your personal story and that isn’t something good because it has nothing to do with your album. Nonetheless, it did cover at 100% the part where you should associate yourself with a house even though I don’t agree with your self-selection. Gryffindor or Slytherin are much more you.

MusicLoverDude, this was one of your weakest round thus far but I want to thank you so much for being a part of this game and always pushing it to continue. You’re a true supporter and I hope your life will always get better. All the best!

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands"

Just like I said to Shelven, I didn’t expect less from you. As usual, you delivered a quite consistent and coherent essay. Not only you showed your full knowledge about “Badlands” but you also showed quite an interest in the Harry Potter world that allowed you to explore further a few things.

If I am not mistaken, this was your first ever Choose The Album, Then a Song and on your first attempt, you made it through the finals - now, that’s an achievement! You nailed round after round and, while only getting to know you during one season, I can already say that you’re indeed a Ravenclaw. I love how interested and dedicated you are, how intelligent you seem to be and how charming this all together looks.

I completely loved how deep you went in when characterizing the songs and sorting them into a house… Nonetheless, as I need to critique, I am afraid you went a bit harsh on Hufflepuff. You made them look so shallow as if they live in someone else’s shadows and that isn’t exactly true. I mean, I understand why you did that but I think loyalty is not humiliation and that’s what Halsey seems to have gone through to let go of such evil people. Besides that, I loved the rest, especially how “Castle” is Slytherin at its best.

I already mentioned how I completely agree on you being a Ravenclaw and I’d like to say that the same applies for Halsey and, just like you said, Slytherin would fit her as well but her wit and her logic makes it obvious.

Curious enough, you’re getting the same exact points as Shelven and I am applying another critique to you that I also did to him… I question myself… Why did you choose to send “Hurricane” as the core of “Badlands” and not “Castle” as that was the song you chose to use in the first round to present it to us? That creates a bit of inconsistency here as “Castle” was an obvious example of Slytherin and yet we agree Halsey is a Ravenclaw… I am not digging to much on this but I’d like to point out this inconsistency so, maybe, you’ll explain later.

Well, Rihlana… It was a major pleasure having you on board and thank you SO much for putting so much effort and dedication to the game. I truly appreciate you and what you’ve delivered so far. All the best luck in the world.

Spoiler

LAZULI

shelven: Sia – “This Is Acting”

Song sorting: It’s hard to find any fault tbh, it’s pretty flawlessly written, like everything you’ve done thus far. I like how in every house each song sort of builds on the other. 10/10

Hogwarts: I love that you talked about how “Reaper” is like the heart of the album, though I wish you brought in other points other than its subject topic to substantiate why it’s the centrepiece of this album. 9/10

Artist: I’m not slayed by your reasoning as to why Sia is a Ravenclaw, but I like that you didn’t just relate it to her as an artist, but also to this project specifically. It was a rather holistic approach, but the reasons aren’t as strong. 8/10

You: I like how you sort of talked about the shortcomings of the album and how you were able to embrace them and it shows: you are really able to express the good qualities of the album faultlessly. 10/10

shelven, I’ve always loved reading your entries because they’re always so well thought out and the writing is never short of impeccable. While your entries typically veered into overly-technical territory, I think you’ve definitely added in a lot of “heart” since. Congrats on having slayed the entire season (I can’t remember a round where you flopped) and for making the finale! :alexz:

Total: 37/40

MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade – “Nine”

Hogwarts: I thought your explanation for why you chose “Castle” as your Hogwarts song was very minimal and fleeting.  8/10

Artist: Same as mentioned above, your explanation for why Samantha is a Hufflepuff feels rather simplistic and insufficient. However,  I see that you sort of tied the explanation for your Hogwarts song choice and this together and it kind of works, though I wish it was meatier still. 8/10

Song sorting: Instead of explaining every song individually, you threaded the songs from the same house together with a common theme and explained them as a whole. I liked that, though once again, I wish that you went more in depth about it too. 8/10

You: This is where you scored. I loved how personal this was and how you were able to connect yourself to Samantha and this album in a multitude of ways, and the connections are deep. I’m real sorry for your mother, and I definitely agree that you’ve changed a lot since I first knew you back when I joined.  10/10

MLD, you’ve surprised me many times during this competition and did much better than I’ve expected. I’ve learnt not to doubt you ever, and that you are truly a force to be reckoned with. I loved how you always had a personal spin to your entries and you really convinced me that you had a connection between yourself, Samantha and her music. Congrats for making the finale! :celestial4:

Total: 34/40

Rihlana: Halsey – “Badlands”

Song sorting: That was very… thorough. It’s not all good though, because it did get way too long-winded. Then again, it’s hard to fault you because you really went in depth for every damn thing and characterised each song in detail. Plus, you assigned a song as the “leader” of each house which is a nice touch. 10/10

Hogwarts: I guess this all fell in place perfectly for you because there’s a strong multi-faceted narrative (or so Halsey says) behind the album. Regardless, the flow of this paragraph is seamless and it encapsulated everything about the album, song, Halsey and the theme of her music. 10/10

Artist: Interesting point about her album themes and the mention of her album rollouts. At times it feels like you’re pushing too hard but it was still believable and a strong reasoning overall. 9/10

You: Great that you linked your personal experiences and the way you played this game to your house choice, and it really showed in your gameplay thus far. Perfect!  10/10

While I do think you overran quite a bit here, I thought this was one of your more organised entries. Previously, your entries were usually 1-2 long paragraphs and it took a bit of digging to get the main points you’re putting across, but this is not the case here. Good for you for having such a passion for Halsey and this album, it must be very hard on you. :eli: Anyways, your understanding of the album and the narrative is apparent in your entries and you’ve always been able to express them wonderfully. Congrats on making it to the finale on your first time. :worship2:

Total: 39/40

Spoiler

KAVISH

~||~

9.9 | shelven: Sia – "This Is Acting"

PART I – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE SONGS: 9.7 / 10

GRYFFINDOR: 2.5 / 2.5

Alive: It shows a bit of Hufflepuff in the chorus for its gratitude, but the entire song focus on bravery, so you made the right choice.

The Greatest: At first I saw more of Hufflepuff and Slytherin for its gratitude and ambition, but the main notion of the song is to push through even though you are 'running out of breath' or seeing 'another mountain to climb', so it fits Gryffindor the most.

Footprints and Summer Rain: Perfect representation of chivalry and I don't see those songs belonging to other houses.

Jesus Wept: There seems to be a sense of Hufflepuff faith to it, but it also denotes the theme of the Savior, so it is the right assignment for the song.

HUFFLEPUFF: 2.5 / 2.5

One Million Bullets: A hint of Gryffindor, but since this seems to focus on a relationship, it makes sense to assign it to Hufflepuff.

Broken Glass: Great representation for Hufflepuff, with its determination to make peace and keep the relationship going.

House on Fire: The lack of patience and tints of violence in the song doesn't seem too Hufflepuff, and the determination to keep on going fits more in Gryffindor. However, the line 'take me to the heavens now as we burn down' and the bridge makes it clear that love is the main drive of the narrator as opposed to fighting for a type of victory or salvaging, so it's only appropriate to associate this flaming folly to the loyalty aspect of the yellow house.

Cheap Thrills: Totally a song that the Hufflepuffs would sing and dance to while the other houses are busy being serious.

RAVENCLAW: 2.5 / 2.5

Confetti, Fist Fighting a Sandstorm, and Space Between: All of these differ from how Sia approaches relationships in a Hufflepuff context, and that is because she is more aware, analytical, and willing to end something for a better cause. Therefore they are allocated to the right house.

Midnight Decisions: A little of Hufflepuff in there, but the questions asked prove a sense of self-evaluation and therefore fits more in the Ravenclaw house.

SLYTHERIN: 2.2 / 2.5

Bird Set Free: A little bit of Gryffindor for its perseverence, but mostly Slytherin, because of its self-centered nature of bettering oneself and being confident even in our flaws.

Unstoppable: The most Slytherin-esque song in the bunch, with its boast of power, confidence, and cunningness to achieve what the narrator wants.

Move Your Body: I agree with your take on how this song represents Slytherin, but I also couldn't help but picture a snake slithering, coiling right and left as I read the lyrics, and this is so fitting to the animal sigil of the house. The song also reads like a hypnotic command, propelling the listener to do as he is told, and this is exactly a tactic that someone wearing a green cloak would use.

Sweet Design: Like Move Your Body, it demonstrates the compelling nature of the house. This song clearly wasn't meant to be taken seriously, like you wrote yourself it is just a "silly and sassy" song. Considering that it is Slytherin we are talking about, a naughty side of Sia would have been preferred here, and this was the song to showcase that. Therefore the line "shouldn’t be considered malicious, but instead should be empowering" felt like you were only trying to paint Sia in a positive light. It's a clever tactic not to write negative lines about your album and artist, but given the context, just admitting that this song shows the playful and mischievous side of Sia would have made your reasoning of putting the song in Slytherin more believable.

PART II – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE USER: 10 / 10

Hufflepuff: Your allocation ties in with how you have played this game all along. You tackled This Is Acting optimistically and respectfully, and this helped you sell the album effectively. I gave you a comment last round about how consistent you have been in keeping the theme and representation, and this is another facet of the loyalty trait. Also, with the way that you have carried your entries and always keeping in mind the acting aspect of the album, it really shows that you know your artist and album very well, and this is something that a Hufflepuff would do - getting acquainted with your subject and appreciating it for what it is.

PART III – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE ARTIST: 10 / 10

Ravenclaw: Sia strikes me as a Hufflepuff for being so emotional, and even in your first descriptive lines, she seems like one. However, I totally agree with your decision of sorting her into Ravenclaw. This Is Acting is a project of multiple masks that you have carefully and witfully showcased since the beginning of the season, and the analysis of the album would not have been so interesting if Sia herself did not hatch such a plan. Furthermore, she fits the characteristics that you wrote in the Ravenclaw segment, in the way that she has grown from her past life and decides to move on instead of lingering in the dark.

PART IV – THE HOGWARTS SONG AND CORE OF THE ALBUM: 10 / 10

Reaper: You perfectly tied Hogwarts to Reaper in the safe haven that they both symbolize. Sia's previous works were somber, but she let go of that past to break free on This Is Acting. Reaper represents exactly this notion of turning down the calling of death and darkness in order to have a chance at life, and we have indeed seen this resolution throughout the album. This is the song that Sia would sing as she happily joins her Ravenclaw dorm and thinks of the reaper that haunted her in the human world.

shelven, in this final entry you once again prove to be a force to be reckoned with. You know exactly what to write and your choices and explanations are always on point. You always present your work with eloquence, and the passion can be seen in the way that you structure your entries. For me, you are in the top tier of contestants that have ever played this game, and it has been a pleasure reading your entries. This is a game where you have to sell your album to the public and show why it is the best, and you are an incredible seller in the way that you successfully sold Sia and her beautiful concept through This Is Acting. Congratulations on reaching the top three, and good luck for the results.

~||~

9.8 | Rihlana: Halsey – "Badlands"

PART I – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE SONGS: 10 / 10

GRYFFINDOR: 2.5 / 2.5

Roman Holiday and New Americana: Great representations of bravery. I love your imagery of fire in the New Americana explanation despite it not being prevalent lyrically, and this is very fitting as Gryffindor's element is fire.

Young God: I sense a bit of Slytherin in their condescending way of referring to the other people, but your explanation of Gryffindor feeling arrogant makes sense too. I like how you did not stick to the main positive traits, and wrote about the possible setback of the house of as well.

HUFFLEPUFF: 2.5 / 2.5

Coming Down, Haunting, and Colors / Colors Pt II: Perfect portrayals of loyalty, even if the subject is not as friendly and peaceful as the Hufflepuffs.

Ghost: This is like a Hufflepuff singing about a Slytherin lover, and it fits in the loyalty trait of the Hufflepuff.

RAVENCLAW: 2.5 / 2.5

Hold Me Down: Such torment is not typically associated to Ravenclaw, but the scenario that you built around the song and your allocation makes it valid. Again, I like how you took the possible flaw of the house into consideration and made it work, which in itself is a demonstration of wit.

Gasoline, I Walk the Line, and Drive: Illustrations of curiosity, self-awareness, and self-realisation respectively, all three songs fit perfectly in Ravenclaw for their analytical and thought-process of dealing with her surroundings.

SLYTHERIN: 2.5 / 2.5

Strange Love: Halsey unleashed. Again, it was very honest of you to show your artist playing the part of a snake and not trying to sugarcoat her character. I normally don't recommend doing that in normal rounds, but considering the theme of the challenge, this was the right way to tackle this segment, and you are the only one who did what I wanted for Slytherin.

Control: The theme song of those that enter the Slytherin house. I pictured a newbie to the house and feeling all the shadows and demons that inhabit it, and subsequently she has to fight and give in at the same time.

Castle: If Young God proposed the royals marching valiantly, Castle is the enemy's march coming over to topple the Young Gods and take over their castle.

Ravenclaw: You have demonstrated the complexity of the album since the beginning, and you have always analyzed the songs in such intricate ways that no one can doubt your comprehension of the web that is Badlands. Finding it also metrical and convenient that you would share the house of your artist, further strengthening the idea that great minds think alike, and therefore only a Ravenclaw would better represent a project created by another Ravenclaw.

PART III – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE ARTIST: 10 / 10

Ravenclaw: Very clever that you mentioned another house in your considerations, Slytherin, and this further shows the analytical way in which a Ravenclaw thinks and therefore it also befits you into the blue house. I see no other house into which Halsey would fit either, and I totally agree with your allocation. You have walked us through her mind since the start, and it is truly a hurricane of deep thinking through its demolitions and constructions. Now that you present your final entry, you have proved that Halsey indeed belongs to Ravenclaw because she has succeeded in untying the ties of her tangled mind through her music.

PART IV – THE HOGWARTS SONG AND CORE OF THE ALBUM: 9 / 10

Hurricane: I agree with everything you wrote and how the song is the core of the album and is also representative of Hogwarts through Halsey. However, given that the album contains songs that are more general and talk about gods, demons, kings, and queens, this one feels a bit too character-centric, and a more powerful and lyrically majestic song like we've seen before would have been a better opportunity and would better capture the essence of both your artist and Hogwarts. While this one represents both as well, it focuses mainly on Halsey being Hogwarts-esque as opposed to Halsey and Hogwarts being of the same grandeur. Still, it's just a tiny preference of song choice and I do not oppose anything that you wrote in your segment.

Rihlana, a big standing ovation to you. This is your first time playing and you have reached such a height that places you right in the top tier of all contestants that ever played the game. Your entries are such a pleasure to read for you have a way with words and I like your intricacy. This is a game where you have to sell your album and you have the power of conviction. Like you have proved in this final round, you can use a song and attach it to a topic and make sense of the two. You really seem to know the depth of not only Badlands, but also Halsey, and thank you for making us get a clearer picture of what this new artist represents. Congratulations on reaching the top three, and good luck for the results.

~||~

7.1 | MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade – "Nine" 

PART I – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE SONGS: 5.3 / 10

GRYFFINDOR: 0.6 / 2.5

Only Just Begun: 'Where we go nobody goes' shows courage and is a nice tagline for the Gryffindor house, and I don't see it fit in any other house, so nice choice there.

Born to be Alive: Bravery would be the act of being there for someone and also an attempt to protect them, but in this song, Samantha is the one in need of someone romantically and she is not afraid to crash with them. Therefore, I think that you should have allocated this song to Hufflepuff because its major focus is on the loyalty that she showcases for her partner.

You have written that the energy that exudes from both songs shows "bravery and courage and just enjoy yourself" but I would have liked it if you were more specific because the uptempo vibe in those songs are no different than the high energies expressed in some other songs on the album. Also, you should have provided a context for both songs to showcase how they really represent those traits instead of just mentioning that they represent them.

RAVENCLAW: 1.7 / 2.5

Naked: The song shows a vulnerable side of Samantha, but it does not show that she has moved on yet. Because it is emotional and focuses on lamenting with the partner who has left her as opposed to leaving that forlorn state herself, I would not call the song "learning from bad relationships" and therefore it would have been a better candidate for Hufflepuff.

Let the Good Times Roll and Nine: Both songs are nice representations of Ravenclaw as Samantha realizes that she should focus on the good times instead of the bad ones, as well as being grateful for what she has and guiding her relationships as she deems best.

HUFFLEPUFF: 1.7 / 2.5

Wait for It: Perfect representation of patience, although you should have provided a context instead of just stating that it showcases patience.

Always and What You Want: They both show loyalty and the maintenance that goes into relationships and fits right into Hufflepuff. I think you meant "Always and What You Want also fit patience..." but wrote "Always and Wait for It also fit patience...", and therefore we did not get a context for What You Want in your essay. Make sure to proofread before submitting to avoid confusion.

SLYTHERIN: 1.3 / 2.5

Shake That and Show Me Love: I agree with both of your choices and they do represent Slytherin through their traits of leadership and "sexual ambition" However, where you fall short is an issue that has been prevalent in most of your house segments. You are aware of which song to attribute to which house based on their characteristics, but you do not contextualise them enough in respect to your artist or the album. What you did in some cases was allocating a song to a house and mentioning that it possesses this house's trait, but I want to read at least a line of what is happening with Samantha as well.

Ravenclaw: From what I have personally observed throughout all the seasons that you have played, I can totally affirm to what you wrote: you keep growing and learning, not only as a contestant, but as a person as well. It was beautiful to tie the number nine in this explanation and it all makes a poetic connection. Since the beginning of the season, you proved how Samantha turns the negativity in her life into something positive, and since you apply that to your life as well, it makes sense that you would be a Ravenclaw. It is heartbreaking to hear what is happening with your parents, and I hope and know that you will make it through the hard times just like Samantha does.

PART III – HOUSE DISTRIBUTION FOR THE ARTIST: 5 / 10

Hufflepuff: I agree with your reasoning of allocating Samantha into the Hufflepuff house, but I don't think that it's strong enough. The patience and hard work reasoning is one that even Sia or Halsey can relate to, so it is not really Samantha-specific. Like I wrote above, all season you have played with the theme that Samantha turns a negative into a positive, so you would have had a stronger case and it would have been more convenient to make this her dominant trait and put her in Ravenclaw for her ability to learn and grow. Also, you dedicated only a few lines to talk about this part of the challenge, which was not enough.

PART IV – THE HOGWARTS SONG AND CORE OF THE ALBUM: 8 / 10

Castle: Perfect song to represent the album, and also makes a great Hogwarts song. The lows and highs of her journey that you have presented are all amassed in this song and represents the theme of the album really well. Your explanation could have been more elaborated, though. This was one of four parts of the challenge, and a few lines is not enough, and a paragraph would have been preferred.

MusicLoverDude, one complaint that I have for this final round is that it feels very rushed. You should have spared a paragraph for each segment, and also go into detail to focus more on Samantha and the album, as opposed to only mentioning the traits to explain your allocations and giving obvious one-line explanations. The concise approach works for weekly rounds because you have a word limit, but in a final round where you are given the liberty and last chance to sell your album, this felt lacking in explanation. I was very impressed with you all season however, because you have come a long, constantly-improving way and you deserve to be in the final. Congratulations for reaching the top three, and good luck for the results.

~||~

Edited by Pedro

Let it die tbh, this way it won't ruin the legacy. I mean, obvs the only good seasons were the ones I was a judge.

1101x0072.gif

Just now, Regina George said:

Let it die tbh, this way it won't ruin the legacy. I mean, obvs the only good seasons were the ones I was a judge.

1101x0072.gif

:ahh: You were iconic here for sure and, besides what went on to your head to go from hot to cold, I much appreciate all your input in this game and all the great moments!

Edited by Pedro

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

:ahh: You were iconic here for sure and, besides what went on to your head to go from hot to cold, I much appreciate all your input in this game and all the great moments!

I'm iconic everywhere and I got a bit busy with life but I'm hot again.

1101x0085.gif

Edited by Regina George

Oh wow, I didn't expect you to post this so suddenly without warning, slay!

Anyways, thank you to the judges and the voting public, and of course a massive thank you to @Pedro for all the time and effort spent to host this incredible game. This win is really special to me because of how passionate I was about this game. The thing that really opened my eyes to what makes this game so special is that, as contestants, we don't only show others how we see our favourite albums - our own view of our album changes and gets better as we're forced to challenge ourselves and really talk about our album in a way we never would have had to before. I obviously loved This Is Acting going into this season (I wouldn't have used it if I didn't), but towards the end of the season, I had an epiphany moment where I realized that I now looked at and appreciated this album in so many more unique ways than I had when I first signed up. I would have been happy with any outcome of this finale purely because of how appreciative I am for the way this game strengthened my love for This Is Acting, Sia, and analyzing music as a whole, so adding a win onto that makes it even more special :heart2: 

A HUGE congratulations to @Rihlana and @MusicLoverDude for being incredible co-finalists. I really enjoyed reading your entries week after week, and I truly do mean it when I say that I could easily have seen either of you winning this season. As I said before, one of the reasons why I like this game is because it challenged me, but it wouldn't have done that if I hadn't had strong, passionate competitors that forced me to constantly improve if I wanted to make it far. So thank you and congrats to the both of you on a great season :clap3::clap3: 

Sorry for my rambling... I mean it when I say I'm passionate about this game :eli: I'm sorry to see it end under Pedro's hosting, but I do hope that someone chooses to bring it back eventually, since I'd love to be part of this experience again as either a contestant or a judge.

This was one of the strongest finales I had to judge and you three really did an amazing job.

Congratulations, @shelven! :clap3: I saw this coming since Round 1 and you have been consistent all game long.  Like I previously stated, I never awarded anyone the top score as much as I did with you.  That's how impressed I was.  Very happy to see you win.  

@Rihlana, it was so close and I'm still in awe with some of your entries.  I wasn't really acquainted with Halsey, and you made me appreciate and have a different view of what she does, so thank you for that.

@MusicLoverDude, it was finally a pleasure to have you in the finale after so many seasons and such perseverance.  You have been here since the beginning, so you hold a great success story. You kept bettering yourself, and thank you for opening yourself up so many times.  

On that note, it's sad that the game has come to an end, but it's also understandable.  Thank you for CTATAS @Pedro, for being a great host, and for hosting such an amazing game.  Thank you for having me as a part of the panel for so long, and even giving me the honor of coming up with challenges at some point.  It's one of my favorite games, and it will always be a special one.

uvBaEYm.png

Edited by Kavish

Congrats shelven for being the final winner of CTATAS :clap3: And of course to MLD and Riglana for making the finale. I wish I could've won this game once, but I've had tons of fun playing and judging. Thanks Pedro for hosting one of my favourite games here and good luck to whatever is going on in real life for you. :smile: 

17 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

Congrats shelven for being the final winner of CTATAS :clap3: And of course to MLD and Riglana for making the finale. I wish I could've won this game once, but I've had tons of fun playing and judging. Thanks Pedro for hosting one of my favourite games here and good luck to whatever is going on in real life for you. :smile: 

Remember when you dropped out a few rounds before the finale when you were 1st on the Leaderboard with Lorde?

taylor-swift-pictured-in-courtroom-sketches-from-trial-in-denver-04.jpg

19 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Remember when you dropped out a few rounds before the finale when you were 1st on the Leaderboard with Lorde?

taylor-swift-pictured-in-courtroom-sketches-from-trial-in-denver-04.jpg

nnnnnnn yes, I could've won that season tbh :eli: But life happened sadly :'( 

Fun fact: @Element won during the two seasons I got into the finale. Bitch stole my crown TWICE taylor-swift-pictured-in-courtroom-sketches-from-trial-in-denver-04.jpg

Of course. One of my weakest entries just has to be in the most crucial rounds. :skull:

It's ok though. It's still very surreal that I made it here to begin with after all this time. And @shelvenand @Rihlana were more deserving anyway. 

I quit one of my jobs during the time between sending in my final entry and the final results. So as for my entry being rushed and what not...I attest it to my work schedule at the time and the fact that I've never made the final before and simply was inexperienced. 

Thanks for a good game regardless

1 minute ago, Lazuli said:

nnnnnnn yes, I could've won that season tbh :eli: But life happened sadly :'( 

Fun fact: @Element won during the two seasons I got into the finale. Bitch stole my crown TWICE taylor-swift-pictured-in-courtroom-sketches-from-trial-in-denver-04.jpg

No regrets though.  You were always a great contestant whenever you played.

I know that elemental feeling.  I was determined to win CTATAS: Special Edition with MCR but then it got cancelled midway.  Now @Element is the only one to have won the game with a band.  Damn ha!  taylor-swift-pictured-in-courtroom-sketches-from-trial-in-denver-04.jpg 

• ATRL Moderator

tumblr_nqzag9oadA1titqoqo1_400.gif

Thanks for your kind words, guys! :heart2:

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Thank you so so much! You were such an amazing host. This game was an absolute pleasure to be a part of and I'm glad that I signed up. I chose an artist that I knew ATRL was not the biggest fan of and hoped that I could explain just how talented she really is.

Congratulations @shelven you totally deserved this win! Round after round, you created flawless entries and I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to read them. @MusicLoverDude congratulations to you as well and thank you for being such an honest and awesome contestant.

To the other judges @Lazuli and @Kavish thank you for your kind words and thank you for putting the time in to read our entries each week (especially my last entry :skull:). I really appreciate it.

:heart2::heart2::heart2: 

• 1 month later...

I miss this game :heart2: One of the goats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.