Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I am starting the update now! I will count the votes and elaborate the post!

:duca:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

:duca:

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Time for one more of you to leave the competition. I can tell you right now that it was a very close race but one of you ended up having less votes than the other and will be really leaving us by the end of this update. This round wasn't as simple as the previous ones. There was more room for opinion and more room to sell an opinion and justify that choice.

We will get to know who nailed it and convinced us and who didn't but first, here's our judges!

judges.png

R3_Judges_Look.png

Pedro                     Lazuli                     Kavish                   Bad Things

Looking good, girls! Now that you've taken your position, let's review the voting rules along with the respective updates, shall we?

rules.png

1. The voting process is dived into two parts: the public vote and the judges votes;

Each of these parts account for 50% of the results.

2. Each contestant that didn't cast a vote will be deducted 30% of his/her final result;

The 30% discount can be translated into less 5 points.

3. The judges have rated each entry from 1 to 10;

All of the judges votes are then summed and we get to an average.

4. Your results are cumulative from the points you receive eachround;

5. During the voting process there may be ties. Find below the rules to break them:

5.1. If there is a tie wiithin the public vote, the entry with the best result within the judges votes gets ahead;

5.2. If there is a tie within the judges votes, the entry with the best result within the public vote gets ahead;

5.3. If there is a tie within the final results, the entry with the best result within the judges vote gets ahead.

6. The points distribution have changed in order to decrease expected events.

1st Place: 17 Points | 2nd Place: 15 Points | 3rd Place: 13 Points | 4th Place: 12 Points | (...) 15th Place: 1 Point.

round3.png

hello.png

Spoiler

I seriously hope you still are in that GRAMMYs mood because you will need that inspiration. It has been a week since the most important (and unreliable… Oops!) music ceremony was held and let’s be honest... You must be one of the two: a fan of Adele who still is over the moon with her wins or a Rihanna fan who still is bitter about the results. That’s ok, though! We won’t need your opinion on that.

Instead, you will need to bring in that masterpiece from your album and present it to us as a potential Record Of The Year winner. You are your own judge on justifying why is that song worth a GRAMMY award for Record Of The Year, so be fierce, surprise us and take chances. Unlike last round, remember to be general and not specific because a Record Of The Year is not only based on a personal opinion. If you'd like check out what Wikipedia has to say about Record Of The Year.

Explain your choice in no more than 200 words.

publicvote.png

PV_R3.png

judgevotes.png

JV_R3.png

final.png

FR_R3.png

finalchart.png

Spoiler

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 90 Points. (=)

2. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk": 75 Points. (=)

3. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 74 Points. (+2)

4. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 73 Points. (=)

5. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 67 Points. (-2)

6. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 61 Points. (=)

7. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 53 Points. (=)

8. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone": 47 Points. (=)

9. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 46 Points. (+1)

10. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood": 38 Points. (-1)

11. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 35 Points. (=)

12. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out.": 34 Points. [Eliminated - R3]
13. Sempiternal: Asking Alexandria - "The Black": 12 Points. [Eliminated - R2]

14. Verge of Obscene: Britney Spears - "Glory": 14 Points. [Quit - R1]

15. Alena: Melanie Martinez - "Cry Baby": 5 Points. [Quit - R1]

https://s19.postimg.org/7gdizdlhf/elimination.png

It was so good having you around ReachOut but your journey has now come to an end. As a judge, I was seeing that you were developping a good trend on getting better round by round. "Breathe in. Breathe Out." is an amazing album and thank you for sharing that with all of us. I hope to see you around and in the future.

Thank you, ReachOut!

Edited by Pedro

rates.png

Find below the judges' comments to each entry.

Spoiler

PEDRO

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 'The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)'

While I wasn’t blown away with your entry this time, I genuinely appreciated it and I feel like you respected the challenge. My main (and only) critique would be focused on your essay as I feel like the song could easily win a GRAMMY for Record Of The Year. When it comes to the essay, I’d have preferred you exploring other areas of the song outside of the production and lyrics (which could easily be confused for a Song Of The Year type of award). What about the meaning? I felt like something was missing but nonetheless, good job!

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 'Castle'

Let me start by saying that I really appreciated the song you sent. By reading your essay, I was a bit unsure if I’d like it because you made it sound a bit cheesy but I really liked the production and how the instrumental has more than a piano going on. I believe that your essay was a bit weak for this type of challenge. You could’ve grabbed stronger points to prove your point of view and explain a little bit better why this could be seen as a potential winner.

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 'Gasoline'

I loved your essay. I loved what you said and how you made this song sound so magical and monumental. Either way, I believe you failed on explaining why this song truly deserves a GRAMMY for Record Of The Year. There was too much focus on the song’s production and lack of contextualization. The points you raised were also great but just like before there wasn’t a relation towards the award in question. As for the song, I believe it could work given its quality.

4. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 'Touch It'

I am speechless! This is EXACTLY what I wanted for this round. Not only you explained why the song could be a potential Record Of The Year winner but you raised amazing points and even went so far up to the point of explaining what the committee could consider to be worth or not. I literally have nothing bad to say to you or tell you on what to improve.

5. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 'Nostalgic'

Once I saw your song choice, I thought: “This will be a challenge.” I would never see this song winning such an award… Not because I don’t like it but because it just doesn’t have it. I promised I’d rely on your essay the most and I tried but I am afraid there wasn’t strong points either. I enjoyed, though, the way you created an introduction and followed it closely. You had better choices.

6. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out.": 'Tattoo'

This is definitely an improvement from the previous rounds. What I liked the most about your entry (besides the beautiful song) was how you raised valid points to support your choice. The Ed Sheeran inclusion kind of sold it to me if I am honest. While it’s not an amazing entry, I did appreciate it.

7. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk": 'Dancing On My Own'

I so agree with your song choice. I can easily see this song winning a GRAMMY for Record Of The Year. It had a huge impact for an artist like Robyn who never truly had a global hit. The production of the song is quite remarkable as well. While you almost had the perfect entry, I believe you lacked more elements to justify and support your choice. Your introduction was a bit too long, I believe. Either way, very good entry!

8. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'Put That Fire Out'

At first, I was unsure about your choice. “Put That Fire Out” isn’t an obvious choice giving the album you have in hands and, let’s be honest, “Rise Like a Phoenix” was the obvious choice for this round. Nonetheless, after reading your essay and therefore listening to the song I can totally see how this song can be quite monumental and deserving of that award. You did a great job!

9. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood": 'Heaven (feat. Betty Who)'

I had better expectations for this round. You have been getting me really interested in Troye. His songs are so unique and great but I am afraid your essays have been lacking important information. During this challenge, you were supposed to explain why this win an award and also state some valid points and that was done but in a very weak way. The song is great though.

10. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone": 'Spiral Of Ants'

I wasn’t too impressed this time. I love what Lemon Demon adds to this game and I like your short (yet effective) essays but this time I felt a bit of a disconnection in between the essay and the song. It lacked stronger elements to prove your point.

11. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'I Feel It Coming (feat. Daft Punk)'

Speezy, you know you can do better. I believe that you didn’t have enough time to put this together and it came out as very incomplete. There was lack of input in your essay. Your song, on the other hand, is more than appropriate for the round.

12. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'Million Years Ago'

This song deserves more than a GRAMMY award for Record Of The Year. This is beautiful and I am sure, if it was released as a single, it could’ve been nominated for that category. If “Hello” can do it, so can do this. My problem here is your essay. It was a very nice reading but too much focus on the song meaning instead of why this should win. I can see a trend from your side on explaining the song more than respecting the challenge, let’s pay attention to that next round!

Spoiler

LAZULI

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 'The Greatest' – 9.5/10

Love how you went into lyrics, production and her vocal performance. They could be a little more technical in explanation, or you could’ve done some comparison as to why it deserves ROTY over other songs on the album/elsewhere, but I guess you couldn’t have talked about everything in 200 words.

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 'Castle' – 7/10

The message of the song is a worthy point to make the song a ROTY contender. But a ROTY-worthy song needs more than just that and you should’ve covered more bases.

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 'Gasoline' – 7.5/10

I love that you went really into detail about the production, BUT you failed to talk about the content, vocal performance etc which are also important components of ROTY.

4. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 'Touch It' – 8.5/10

Touch It does not follow current trends, really sis? :eli: Anyways, I also love that you went into detail about the production and vocal styling etc and you did that persuasively, but there was little mention of the writing and lyrical content.

5. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 'Nostalgic' – 9/10

It’s good that you try to cover the lyrics and production here, though I think you should be a more technical when explaining it. I don’t think relatability and replay value are worthy points as to why a song should be ROTY, you should focus on why this song is better than others in the album/out there instead.

6. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out.": 'Tattoo' – 8/10

You cover a few points and that’s good, though they’re not explained perfectly or in a technical manner.

8. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk": 'Dancing On My Own' – 10/10

Perfect perfect. And the fact that this song actually deserve a ROTY in reality.

8. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'Put That Fire Out' – 9/10

Great that you covered all your bases. All it’s missing is some form of comparison with other songs to show why it deserves to win ROTY over other songs.

9. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood": 'Heaven (feat. Betty Who)' – 5/10

Talking about the subject matter is a very worthy point, but I don’t think it was explained properly why it’s the most deserving song. The essay was left to hang at the end too, and it is missing other components other than the subject matter of the song.

10. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone": 'Spiral of Ants' – 7.5/10

The description of the song’s production is lovely but it needs more points about other things.

11. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'I Feel It Coming (feat. Daft Punk)' – 3/10

Uhm did you forget to send your essay?

12. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'Million Years Ago' – 10/10

I love this. It’s written persuasively and it marries the points about lyrical content, production and vocal performance seamlessly. Personally I find this song to be the worst on 25 but you sold it very well.

Spoiler

KAVISH

9.8 Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 'Gasoline'

Intricately dissected through your depictions, the song – and in accordance your essay – stands on a pedestal in the bunch. You understand the meaning of the Record of the Year award, and methodically convinced us why "Gasoline" deserves to win. Each line bears a beautifully written procedure of how a particular part of the song was manufactured, and throughout this highly technical-packed essay, you manage to speak about the atmosphere that surrounds it, as well as the emotions that emanates through Halsey's vocals. The instrumental link was further proof that you want the focus to be on the production, and you succeeded in making your case. You painted a perfect balance between Lido and Halsey, showing how their contribution together validates them as the winners of the GRAMMY Record of the Year.

9.5 shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 'The Greatest (feat. Kendrick Lamar)'

Perfect introduction to your essay which explains that you understood the challenge and went fully technical as opposed to writing about the lyrics. Also finding it convenient that you are the first entry of the bunch and we instantly know what we should expect from all the other contestants, but unfortunately most didn't follow suit. By the end of your essay, we understand each part of the song, and how the instrumental, mixing, vocals, and harmony all contributed to the creation of a well deserved Record of the Year nomination.

8.5 theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 'Touch It'

The successful relationship between Ariana's vocal circus and Max's production is well explained in your essay to showcase how they compliment each other. You understood the challenge and centered your essay around the procedure of creating the song, and in the meantime made a strong case for "Touch It"'s nomination.

8.0 Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone": 'Spiral Of Ants'

The production is nicely explained in your essay, and you wrote about the waves of sound and effects that we can expect from the song, even though I would have liked to see more mention of the source of those tones. Still, you understood the challenge and focused on the production of the song, but I think that you should start expanding your essays a bit more while maintaining the relevancy of the topic.

7.5 |  Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'Put That Fire Out'

The message part of your essay could have been replaced by an explanation of how the instruments that you mentioned manifests throughout the track, and it would have been a stronger essay. I like your description of the march, and your essay was mostly about the technical aspect – which is what I was looking for.

6.3 | lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'Million Years Ago'

Vocal delivery is a part of the production process and your essay was mainly focused on that. You did a decent job because you managed to show how Adele uses those lyrics to convey emotions through her vocal tones. However, I find your essay polarizing because it reads as an explanation for both Record of the Year and Song of the Year, but unfortunately more of the latter. Even then, it is a weak explanation for Song of the Year because you did not specifically state why it deserves to win, but instead you only explained the song.

6.2  | sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 'Nostalgic'

A big chunk of your essay was mostly about the message of the song, which you nicely explained but should not have been such a huge focus. You make a nice point as to why "Nostalgic" is worthy of a nomination however, because of how the upbeat sound contrasts with the underlying sadness, and therefore can be perceived as a creative technical direction.

6.0  | MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 'Castle'

What I was looking for in a Record of the Year explanation was mostly about the technical aspect of it as opposed to the lyrical and message. Your essay would better fit a Song of the Year explanation considering that you paint a picture of Samantha and her struggles and how she overcame it. The mention of the piano, and the mention of her vocal delivery to express her strength are the only relevant points for me, but too little. Still, I think that you plead your case successfully by referencing how it is on the same vein of previous Record of the Year nominations with its relatable factor.

4.0 | Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk": 'Dancing On My Own'

The first paragraph is perfect and shows that you understand what Record of the Year is, but despite stating that "Dancing of My Own" possess all those qualities, you did not dissect the song itself to validate that statement. The only technical procedure of your essay was how the song transforms from vulnerability to strength, but even then you did not elaborate on whether this change is because of the sound, Robyn's vocals, or the lyrics. Because you never mentioned lyrics, I am going to credit this transformation and part of your essay as the only valid, relevant technical point. But make sure to be clear on your statements next time instead of letting your readers assume. Then you ended your essay on an impressive, yet irrelevant note because the associations and influence of the song has nothing to do with Record of the Year.

1.9 ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out.": 'Tattoo'

The vocal tone part was the only valid point of your essay because it explains the production of the song. Aside from that, you explained the song and gave a little overview of the connection with Ed, but none of those explain why it deserves the award. You could have expanded on how their vocals compliment each other, but you only stated that they sound good, which is just a vague statement. You still make a mild case with the relatable notion and I accept it, but it's not that much of a strong factor when it comes to Record of the Year.

1.2 Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'I Feel It Coming (feat. Daft Punk)'

You understood that you should have written about the technical aspect of the song, yet you only made a few vague statements about the production and ended on an unecessary note. Your essay lacks depth, length, and is the type of lazy effort that we expect from a first-timer in Round 1.

1.0 | Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood": 'Heaven (feat. Betty Who)'

Great case for why "Heaven" deserves the Song of the Year award, but you did not touch any technical aspect at all and therefore is completely off-topic in a Record of the Year challenge.

Spoiler

BAD THINGS

Shelven: 10

You provided a detailed and in-depth explanation without an overbearing amount of personal opinion which is not easy at all. You made valid points and I really enjoyed that you reviewed the layers of the song as opposed to just referring to the finished product. Excellent presentation.

MusicLoverDude: 7

I liked how you related the message of the song to the sound of her vocals on the chorus– really powerful image in my mind. In your second sentence, you briefly went into the details about the instrumental and it would’ve been beneficial to bring it up again later in a way of addressing the song as an entirety. 

Rihlana: 8

Beautiful description of the song! The only downfall for me was that it seemed like you relied too heavily on your word choice. It’s great to be descriptive and use words to add flavor to your writing, but personally I found myself drowning in your choice of words, sometimes finding it hard to focus on the reason behind the paragraph itself. Other than that, you did a great job and I loved that you provided us an instrumental link!

theycallmemaraj: 7

Amazing choice for Record of the Year and I love that you went into the technical side of the song. I would’ve liked to see you go into how the song resonates with people and can leave a lasting impression like ROTY does. But overall, the entry was great. 

sumthintoxic82: 6

For me, it felt more like you were just trying to persuade me to just listen to the song, less so giving me a reason to give it “Record of the Year” title. I think there was just too much focus on what the song is about and not enough on why it’s the ROTY from that album. 

ReachOut: 5.5

I just didn’t feel convinced with this entry. I read some of your past ones when I found out I was going to guest judge and I really liked some of them, so I was disappointed when I read this. As much as I agree that ROTY being universal is a key factor, I think you focused a bit too much on that and how her voice sounds in the song. There wasn’t a lot of touch on the other parts of the song aside from the Ed Sheeran note. 

Vulnicura: 6

Beautifully presented and a great pick for this round! I like where you were headed when you started talking about how the song has a huge transformation, but you didn’t really describe just how it does that. I think that you could’ve gotten major points if you would’ve went just slightly more in-depth with that. Maybe I’m just misunderstanding where you were going, but I think that’s where this description went off track.

Queen Conchita: 7

Really nice entry here. I would’ve liked to see you make use of your word limit by deleting that intro paragraph so you could talk a bit more about the parts of the song that you touched on with more detail so we could get a real insight to the song– not just it’s message. But, when you did include a bit more detail like on the vocal layering section, I felt like you were headed in the right direction.

Lion: 4

You didn’t really provide much for me besides the background of the song and some lyrics. I’d like to see you talk about the entire song– the production, the vocals, how the feature added to the song, etc. You had a good start with how the song portrays a strong message, but it fell flat after you just started to write about why he wrote the song. I think this song was a strong choice and could’ve been a strong contender for this round, but you missed the mark with lack of detail.

Tymps: 6.5

I really liked that you went about describing all parts of the song, but I wish there was more to it. I just felt like you went for the bare minimum here. Wasn’t an argument I’d take too seriously for ROTY, but it also wasn’t one I’d completely ignore.

Speezy: 5

This song is such a great choice and I think you could’ve gone more in depth with why you chose it. You didn’t explain how it stood out, which is something a proposal for a title as big as ROTY definitely needs. The comparison to a previous winner just for it’s repetition also doesn’t help your case, because that only eludes to the fact that it could blend in with the past and not bring something new to the table, even if that’s not what you meant at all.

lhdang2000: 7

Perfect song for this round! Your description perfectly captures the mood of the song and honestly made me a bit sad myself. I would have liked you to touch on the instrumental part of the song just to capture the whole record as a whole seeing as this is a ROTY nomination round– not a vocal round. But, where you lacked in that part, you made it up with that description. A very solid effort.

Wait, @Bad Things, you were actually a tough judge. :rip:

Imagine just only have Kavish and you for judge panel. :rip: 

I have to say I kinda died with this one...

4. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 'Touch It' – 8.5/10

Touch It does not follow current trends, really sis? :eli:

@Lazuli :ahh:

I really thought I was in danger after the public vote, so happy with 4th again like last week from the judges as this was such a strong round from others, and pleased my average score improved. Found that round so difficult. Thankyou for the comments!

shook at my upgrade from @Lazuli, last week 5/10, this week 9/10:clap3:

Edited by Queen Conchita

1 hour ago, lhdang2000 said:

Wait, @Bad Things, you were actually a tough judge. :rip:

Imagine just only have Kavish and you for judge panel. :rip: 

I thought I was being nice :rip: 

I knew the judges were going to bring down my score. 

I really wanted to move further up than chart than just #9 :rip:

Okay MLD and a few other contestants was right about me underperforming. 

:gaycat3: .... 

12 hours ago, shelven said:

@ReachOut Do you mind giving me a reason why you're offing me? 

I don't think The Greatest is a good choice :michael:

--

Thank God i'm out.

2 hours ago, ReachOut said:

Thank God i'm out.

p9vAfDCTTXW3J5ilyqdH_Qy59fY5.gif

That came off as a bit rude, tbh. No one forced you to be in.

Just now, Pedro said:

p9vAfDCTTXW3J5ilyqdH_Qy59fY5.gif

That came off as a bit rude, tbh. No one forced you to be in.

You know, at least i didn't quit the game as other say.

I've tried to made my best and every round i had to read that i'm lazy or not motivated enough, when the fact is that I don't speak English as my first language. I've tried to make my best and enjoy the game as it is, I probably made a mistake by sing up but some of those people really come at me, not for voting me off but for the comment.

I'm sorry for you Pedro, i really like you... but to most of the others, calm down.

8 minutes ago, ReachOut said:

You know, at least i didn't quit the game as other say.

I've tried to made my best and every round i had to read that i'm lazy or not motivated enough, when the fact is that I don't speak English as my first language. I've tried to make my best and enjoy the game as it is, I probably made a mistake by sing up but some of those people really come at me, not for voting me off but for the comment.

I'm sorry for you Pedro, i really like you... but to most of the others, calm down.

Ok. Thanks for "coming clean" (:eli:). It's not an easy game and I appreciate your commitment, I really do. English is not my first language either and I still am hosting the game, giving criticism, I even played and got as far as #5... With practice you would get there. There are so many examples of players who got so much better with time (MusicLoverDude for example). And this round wasn't too bad, you didn't even rank last and you were eliminated by ONE point.

I hope that you are not upset at all with any of us. Thanks for bringing BIBO to us!

The fourth round will be posted in a few hours and you'll have time to submit until next sunday!

Some of these critiques :rip: I understand what I could have added to make it more cohesive but 200 words is not a lot of room to play with. I didn't really enjoy this round that much because the entry criteria was intentionally vague so it makes judges comments feel like differing interpretations of what the round asked, rather than actually doing a bad job. Oh well!

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Ok. Thanks for "coming clean" (:eli:). It's not an easy game and I appreciate your commitment, I really do. English is not my first language either and I still am hosting the game, giving criticism, I even played and got as far as #5... With practice you would get there. There are so many examples of players who got so much better with time (MusicLoverDude for example). And this round wasn't too bad, you didn't even rank last and you were eliminated by ONE point.

I hope that you are not upset at all with any of us. Thanks for bringing BIBO to us!

we are not all the same tbh but okay.

I wished people didn't say that i'm lazy tbh but okay

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

What's Good Pedro :gaycat2: 

43 minutes ago, Speezy said:

What's Good Pedro :gaycat2: 

gVLOJ_f-maxage-0.gif

omg thank you everyone and the judges :jonny:

but @Lazuli I didn't mention the writing of the song because that has nothing to do with ROTY but to do with SOTY (I think)

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Another round has passed and we are now ready for the fourth one and believe me when I say this will be one of the most important ones throughout the game. You will get to know more details in just a little bit but it will be that important that you will have six days to get an essay ready. Yesterday we had to say goodbye to ReachOut and I'd like, one more time, to thank him for his dedication to the game... Thank you!

And before getting into the round itself, let's review the rules.

rules.png

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every contestant must cast a vote each round;

The main purpose of the game is to introduce everyone to new music. If this rule isn't applied, only the judges will benefit from it.

3. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

4. A song can only be used twice and can only be use three rounds after;

This will allow you to explore your album further.

5. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

There will be three updates throughout the week.

6. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

7. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

8. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                    HOLYGROUND                   KAVISH

PLUS: TBA.

R4_Banner.png

R4_Caption.png

What usually makes an album sound and feel so great is the fact that it takes you into a journey of emotions. You get to experience so many sides of an artist and end up having mixed feelings throughout the listening session. This round is exactly about that but focusing on the cohesiveness of the record.

You are going to send in not one but TWO songs that are opposite of eachother but end up being really important to the album itself. In this round, you will have to talk about those two songs and also about the album itself. Therefore the word limit will be extended to 250 words. Also make sure you nail the round as there will be different points distribution and literally anything could happen.

Submit your entry to me (Pedro) and don't forget a streaming link.

DEADLINE

March, 5th

Good Luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.