Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

GettyImages-109998275-1464718359.jpg?qua

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

New round? 

1 minute ago, MusicLoverDude said:

New round? 

Soon!

22 hours ago, Pedro said:

The contestants who ranked lower this round and the previous round will have a final chance at shinning and collecting extra points to catch up with the leaders. More info will be delivered in the soon.

When is this happening? :cupid:

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

GettyImages-109998275-1464718359.jpg?qua

Love that country glow on her skin! :eli: 

You had time to talk about an irrelevant Taylor outfit but you don't have time to update? :skull:

12 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

You had time to talk about an irrelevant Taylor outfit but you don't have time to update? :skull:

he is busy watching the new Shakira video, leave him alone

15 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

What's the problem? You think it's easy to run this game and come up with different rounds each round? I am still trying to figure out next round. Hold on.

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

"Sorry I'm Late", does that make up for my delay @MusicLoverDude? A new round is now ready to be presented to our eight contestants. As you know last elimination round no one had to say goodbye but we can easily see a few disparities in the final chart. With this being said, the bottom 4 will now have the opportunity to recover. More details soon.

Before getting into the round itself, let's review the rules.

rules.png

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every contestant must cast a vote each round;

The main purpose of the game is to introduce everyone to new music. If this rule isn't applied, only the judges will benefit from it.

3. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

4. A song can only be used twice and can only be use three rounds after;

This will allow you to explore your album further.

5. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

There will be three updates throughout the week.

6. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

7. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

8. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                    HOLYGROUND                   KAVISH

PLUS: TBA.

R6.png

R6_Caption.png

A symphony is an extended musical composition written for an orchestra. It is a work usually consisting of multiple sections and are scored for string, brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.

A good long play also needs to have rich instruments and content to please the listener. Therefore, for this round you are supposed to send in the richest song in your album in terms of instruments. We are not expecting a symphony with 30-100 musicians in the background but we are also not expecting a simple studio mix filled with synthesizers effects.

Explain with detail, in no more than 300 words, why the song chosen has the richest instrumental from your point of view, not forgetting to mention a few of the instruments that build it.

Submit your entry to me (Pedro) and don't forget a streaming link.

DEADLINE

March, 30th

BONUS ROUND

This bonus round will only be played by four of the eight contestants: the bottom four. I believe it's important to stimulate the competition and, at the moment, there's a big difference between the top 4 and the bottom 4 which can be quite demotivating. With this being said, this bonus round will be very simple yet very effective. Each of the contestants placed from 5th to 8th place will submit until March, 30th a song and an essay proving why they deserve to continue in the competition. The essay can't have more than 200 words.

Keep in mind that this round is not mandatory and you can submit ANY song (used or yet to be used). The normal point distribution won't apply in this case, there will be new rules revealed when the entries are also posted.

DEADLINE

March, 30th

If any round is perfectly suited to my album it's this one:gaycat4:

I also LOVE the bonus round, got the perfect song:biggrin:

Edited by Queen Conchita

I figured this round was coming eventually :laugh: There's two songs I can think of on my album that use quite a lot of instruments, so I'll have to go back and listen to them to decide which one uses more and uses them more effectively.

Are we expected to have five instruments in this?

2 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Are we expected to have five instruments in this?

Not mandatory

Ok. That clarifies things better.

There is a particular song I've been saving for a round like this and hopefully it pays off.

Is the bonus round more about the essay and why you deserve to stay rather than details about the song?

Edited by Queen Conchita

1 hour ago, Queen Conchita said:

Is the bonus round more about the essay and why you deserve to stay rather than details about the song?

I would say that this entire game is always more about the essay than the song. :laugh: 

22 hours ago, Queen Conchita said:

Both are important but you're trying to make yourself stay in the game by explaining why you deserve to be here.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Both are important but you're trying to make yourself stay in the game by explaining why you deserve to be here.

Thankyou! I've already written it now! :flower:

Edited by Queen Conchita

ugh...of course I would have already used my BEST songs for this round...

Badlands is extremely electronic, so this will be tough. Time to work some sort of magic, I hope! :duca: 

On 2017-03-27 at 7:32 PM, shelven said:

Does a choir count as an "instrument" if they're not actually saying any words and are just singing notes?

Anyone have an opinion on this? (Particularly the judges) I plan on writing my entry this afternoon so I want to know if I'll be penalized if I refer to a choir :rip: 

8 hours ago, shelven said:

Anyone have an opinion on this? (Particularly the judges) I plan on writing my entry this afternoon so I want to know if I'll be penalized if I refer to a choir :rip: 

I wouldn't say it is but at the end of the day it's your call!

No entries yet :eek: Guys!

@MusicLoverDude, @theycallmemaraj, @Rihlana, @sumthintoxic82, @Queen Conchita, @Speezy, @lhdang2000

@Pedro I've been getting a lot of closing shifts so I haven't had time to do my essay yet.  But I get off at 8 tonight and I have the day off tomorrow so I'll be in before the deadline 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.