Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season. After a few months hiatus and a cancelled season, I am ready to bring back the game that we all love and dedicate ourselves into on its original concept... Just with a few changes.

Keep in mind that this post will be constantly updated with the season's results, hot links and possible news.

Even though a lot of you are familiar with the concept, I understand that not everyone is on the same page. Therefore, let me quickly remind you of what "Choose The Album, Then a Song" consists of.

"Choose The Album, Then a Song" title is pretty self-explanatory but if you didn't get it, here it is. Just like the title indicates, the main concept is for contestants to play the entire game with a music album and survive each elimination by sending in the best song that fits the round. In summary, your main mission is to select a music album to play and, during each round, select the best song for the theme along with a small essay justifying your choice. That is your main mission but the game's mission is to allow everyone to be introduced to new music and varied genres.

It is a very wide game. We welcome diversity, knowledge, music of all types and we are welcoming to everyone who is willing to get to know their favorite albums better and willing to share their music taste (and sometimes curiosities) with us... But just like in everything, there's rules to follow.

rules.png

Spoiler

SIGN-UPS RULES

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. If you're sharing your music with us, be prepared to allow new music to be shared with you;

By playing this game, you will be required to cast your vote every round and that means you'll have to listen to each song and read each essay.

3. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

4. Respect the game's deadlines;

Due to the complexity of the game, there will be defined deadlines to allow you to plan your life in accordance with the game.

5. You can only sign-up with studio albums. Previous seasons top ten's albums are banned;

This version of the game will only allow studio albums to play. No EPs, Remixes or Greatest Hits albums are allowed.

6. Only one album per artist;

For diversity purposes there can only be an album per artist.

7. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

Additional Tips: (1) Choose a versatile album to play with; (2) Make sure you are going to have time for this game as it is quite demanding; (3) Be aware writing is a crucial part of the game and will be evaluated (sometimes it will be more important than your song choice).

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every contestant must cast a vote each round;

The main purpose of the game is to introduce everyone to new music. If this rule isn't applied, only the judges will benefit from it.

3. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

4. A song can only be used twice and can only be use three rounds after;

This will allow you to explore your album further.

5. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

There will be three updates throughout the week.

6. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

7. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

8. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

Besides the contestants votes, we will have a studied and prepared judging panel to evaluate your decisions and help you improve on the game.

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                          LAZULI                          KAVISH

PLUS: A guest judge every new round.

current.png

Spoiler

Winner: shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 598 Points.

2nd Place: Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 532 Points.

3rd Place: MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 434 Points.

4. lhdang2000: Adele - "25: 305 Points.[Eliminated - R9]

5. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 265 Points. [Eliminated - R8]

6. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 208 Points. [Eliminated - R7]

7. Speezy: The Weeknd -  "Starboy": 129 Points. [Eliminated - R6]

8. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 109 Points [Quit - R6]

9. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk": 104 Points [Quit - R5]

10. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood": 52 Points. [Eliminated - R4]

11. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone": 47 Points.[Quit - R3]

12. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out.": 34 Points. [Eliminated - R3]
13. Sempiternal: Asking Alexandria - "The Black": 12 Points. [Eliminated - R2]

14. Verge of Obscene: Britney Spears - "Glory": 14 Points. [Quit - R1]

15. Alena: Melanie Martinez - "Cry Baby": 5 Points. [Quit - R1]

contestants.png

albums.png

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting"
2. Verge of Obscene: Britney Spears - "Glory"
3. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine"
4. Alena: Melanie Martinez - "Cry Baby"
5. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands"
6. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman"
7. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece"
8. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out."
9. M A R N ✮: Asking Alexandria - "The Black"
10. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk"

11. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita"
12. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood"
13. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone"
14. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy"
15. lhdang2000: Adele - "25"

links.png

Round One: Shape Of You

intro

entries

results

Round Two: Chained To The Rhythm

intro

entries

results

Round Three: Hello

intro

entries

results

Round Four: Better Together

intro

entries

results

Round Five: Dance Again

intro

entries

results

Round Six: Symphony

intro + bonus round

entries

results

Round Seven: Chantaje

intro + bonus round

entries

results

final results

Round Eight: Bon Appétit

intro

entries

results

Round Nine: Famous Last Words

intro

entries

results

Round Ten: Magic

intro

entries

results

Edited by Pedro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

@Alena, it'll be a pleasure having you around! Hopefully you'll enjoy it! @Verge of Obscene, yas! You better work b*!

Edited by Pedro

So this is a completely brand new season right? No greatest hits album? 

oh wig my fav game

Sad about the gh ending but super excited :duca: hopefully I'll get the album I want!

Any suggestions on when we should kick things off?

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Now :fonso: 

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Now :fonso:

Literally impossible to do it now :dies: buuuuut very soon then! By the way! Do you like the "simple" banner?

Edited by Pedro

Could someone explain how this game works? I'm interested but I'm not sure what I do or how it works.

2 minutes ago, Lukey said:

Could someone explain how this game works? I'm interested but I'm not sure what I do or how it works.

Of course!

Choose The Album, Then A Song is a wide game. As the title says, all you have to do is pick an album and make sure you know it quite well because, round after round, you're going to pick a song from your album that best fits into the challenge... That's right, each week you're going to have a themed-round and you'll have to, not only, pick a song from your album but you're going to have to talk about it. You should pay attention to the writting part, especially if your album isn't that known.

Just now, Pedro said:

Of course!

Oh God, I thought we just pick a song from an album and then we compete with that one song. :rip:  

Whew, okay this may be hard for me since you gotta talk about it and I'm very bad at explaining things well.

Yes, the game isn't for everyone. It requires a lot of input from you guys!

Before we actually kick things off, I would like to ask you guys for feedback. There was so many things that didn't work last season.

Do you think anything should change in the game process?

@shelven, @sumthintoxic82, @holyground, @MusicLoverDude, @Girlicious, @Verge of Obscene, @Speezy, @Vulnicura.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.