starsweburnaway

Alanis Morrissette - 'such pretty forks in the road'

Ghost
14 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Just give a listen to any record of hers from Jagged Little Pill to So-Called Chaos and you'll know why.

Flavors is definitely better than So-Called Chaos :mandown: and I personally prefer Havoc too. I know the first 2 (or 3) are too iconic but each one has its own peculiarity that makes it great imo

Beautiful Garbage
23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Flavors is definitely better than So-Called Chaos :mandown: and I personally prefer Havoc too. I know the first 2 (or 3) are too iconic but each one has its own peculiarity that makes it great imo

Flavors has its highs and lows - I absolutely love SCC and I don't get the hate it usually gets.

Bad Influence
3 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Flavors has its highs and lows - I absolutely love SCC and I don't get the hate it usually gets.

Love SCC as well. Flavors is what actually made me a fan but it does have lows I don't listen to.

Why are all us Fighters in here lol

Beautiful Garbage
2 minutes ago, Bad Influence said:

Love SCC as well. Flavors is what actually made me a fan but it does have lows I don't listen to.

Because we stan both the queen of pop and the queen of rock. 

avatar5999_5.thumb.gif.6e4b79f74f93714a5

Beautiful Garbage
3 minutes ago, Bad Influence said:

This gem though...

boysandbombs
4 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

This gem though...

dear god, you could have picked Spineless or Doth i protest Too much, but you picked  THIS GRUDGE???

blessings.  i will say the Vancouver Sessions version of it is actually pretty beautiful.  i just think the album version is too uptempo for the song to breathe.

SMILING is one of her all-time best.  just ripping my heart out with that pre-chorus, and serving that Uninvited/No ominous danger threaded with a sweet vulnerability.  epic.  she's really coming again with this album.

can't wait to hear studio Ablaze, and i'm almost positive Predator and Rest will have to be bonus tracks.  i'm boggled that neither made tracklist!

Beautiful Garbage
8 hours ago, boysandbombs said:

dear god, you could have picked Spineless or Doth i protest Too much, but you picked  THIS GRUDGE???

blessings.  i will say the Vancouver Sessions version of it is actually pretty beautiful.  i just think the album version is too uptempo for the song to breathe.

SMILING is one of her all-time best.  just ripping my heart out with that pre-chorus, and serving that Uninvited/No ominous danger threaded with a sweet vulnerability.  epic.  she's really coming again with this album.

can't wait to hear studio Ablaze, and i'm almost positive Predator and Rest will have to be bonus tracks.  i'm boggled that neither made tracklist!

They're all A+ tbh. Excuses, Doth I Protest Too Much and This Grudge is my trinity.

Cherish
On 2/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, Bad Influence said:

the deluxe tracks, right? :sistrens: 

Mr. Peanutbutter

I never managed to listen do Havoc in full. :rip: Guardian sounds like a jingle for a feet mosturizer ad

Ghost
3 minutes ago, jprsardeto said:

Guardian sounds like a jingle for a feet mosturizer ad

tumblr_m0vox1aWe91r0jce3o1_1280.thumb.pn

That Bad Eartha
28 minutes ago, jprsardeto said:

I never managed to listen do Havoc in full. :rip: Guardian sounds like a jingle for a feet mosturizer ad

I hate how accurate this is :rip:

Spiral and Numb are good and I like Big Sur from the bonus tracks, and it picks up in the second half in general,  but boy the first 5 tracks are some clunkers.

Cherish
3 hours ago, jprsardeto said:

NOT A FEET MOISTURIZER AD :ahh:

there's 20 tracks from the damn era and only 9 good songs :skull:

Screenshot-1.png

Cherish
On 2/20/2020 at 1:35 PM, Ghost said:

What is this Flavor/Havoc hatred :chick3: both amazing records

Flavors is unwarranted!!! It's the album that truly pulled me from my depression. 

americanlife

:alexz:

The Mandalorian

This is the song that made me a fan all those years ago. I enjoy her and her artistry; I'm really looking forward to this upcoming album.

Ghost
13 hours ago, Cherish said:

Flavors is unwarranted!!! It's the album that truly pulled me from my depression. 

Yeah Flavors is a spiritual experience if you delete On The Tequila :alexz:

12 hours ago, americanlife said:

:alexz:

11 hours ago, The Mandalorian said:

This is the song that made me a fan all those years ago. I enjoy her and her artistry; I'm really looking forward to this upcoming album.

Hymns :alexz:

The7thStranger

Havoc is her worst album since the mixtapes, but it's not bad. It's just not as good as her previous work.

I will not tolerate Flavors slander, though.

rmmas

Let's not forget this gem on Havoc :clap3:

Cherish
4 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Havoc is her worst album since the mixtapes, but it's not bad. It's just not as good as her previous work.

I will not tolerate Flavors slander, though.

:deadbanana:Mixtapes 

howilookonyou
2 hours ago, rmmas said:

8 years later and it's still one of my all time Alanis favs :heart2:

can't wait for new music 

stevyy

if anyone deserves a smashing comeback... it is her. Smiling sounds amazing. I am so hyped.

as926
3 hours ago, rmmas said:

YES. This and "Havoc" deserve more acclaim. Also, I adore SCC. One of my faves from her tbh.

Really digging "Smiling" too! It really does harken back to old Alanis. 

The7thStranger
10 hours ago, Cherish said:

:deadbanana:Mixtapes 

That's what we call Janet's pre-Control albums in the Base. :fan:

Ghost

I wish someone would merge the two album threads so Alanis could have a semi smash album thread for her standards in this forum :-*

Anyway I hope she releases an official video

nick4bty

Smiling is such a great song :jonny: I'm really excited for Ablaze too, that 1-2 punch right at the beginning is fantastic. 

I definitely see this album being on par with FOE, perhaps even better. It seems she really put her heart into this one. Good stuff so far, and the cover is amazing!