starsweburnaway

Alanis Morrissette - 'such pretty forks in the road'

The7thStranger

I am BEYOND perched for this new era. :jonny5:

nick4bty

She’s doing a tour bundle, Queen is coming for a good first week :jonny5:

madonnafan18

I'm excited, but a little bummed that the album is not coming until 5 months from now. :rip:

skwonderfactory

The wait is atrocious but if the album is good as “Reasons I Drink”, it’ll be worth it!

Ghost
36 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

She’s doing a tour bundle, Queen is coming for a good first week :jonny5:

Is she? :jonny5:

nick4bty
33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Is she? :jonny5:

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/alanis-morissette-jagged-little-pill-25th-anniversary-tour-dates-1203420872/

Presales for the tour will begin on Dec. 10 at 11 a.m. local time and tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning Dec. 13 at 11 a.m.local time. With each transaction, fans will receive an instant grat download of “Reasons I Drink” and a digital download of Alanis’ new album “Such Pretty Forks in the Road,” which comes out May 1 and is her first album of new material since 2012.

I'm hoping they do physicals too, obviously her audience is going to be more keen to digital/physical purchases.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed to hear it was a JLP 25th tour, but it's actually a really smart decision. She's touring amphitheaters and arenas, and she could only do that with a JLP anniversary tour ... but it also means she can sell more tickets, thus increasing the sales/bundles for the new album and exposing more people to the new music. She could probably pull 50k alone from bundles.

Also coinciding the tour on-sale and the new single with all the buzz of the Broadway show was absolutely brilliant. So far an impeccable release ... I just hope she can get some playlisting and radio play for the single.

Edited by nick4bty

ilovemusic432

:jonny4:

starsweburnaway
12 minutes ago, ilovemusic432 said:

killer_rose
2 hours ago, nick4bty said:

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/alanis-morissette-jagged-little-pill-25th-anniversary-tour-dates-1203420872/

I'm hoping they do physicals too, obviously her audience is going to be more keen to digital/physical purchases.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed to hear it was a JLP 25th tour, but it's actually a really smart decision. She's touring amphitheaters and arenas, and she could only do that with a JLP anniversary tour ... but it also means she can sell more tickets, thus increasing the sales/bundles for the new album and exposing more people to the new music. She could probably pull 50k alone from bundles.

Also coinciding the tour on-sale and the new single with all the buzz of the Broadway show was absolutely brilliant. So far an impeccable release ... I just hope she can get some playlisting and radio play for the single.

The lead is also bundled, will this count towards Hot 100 once the album is released? She could have a shot at #1 with the album if there is no other competition around!

as926

Really loving "Reasons I Drink" and so ready for this! 

citizen

I'm confused. She's touring her 1995 album, whilst releasing a new 2020 album? Is she not gonna tour the 2020 album?

MESSIAH13

I loved it!! It's better than I was expecting!

That Bad Eartha
1 hour ago, citizen said:

I'm confused. She's touring her 1995 album, whilst releasing a new 2020 album? Is she not gonna tour the 2020 album?

I'm sure she'll sing from it on the tour and maybe do some smaller shows for it, but it is just a smart sales tactic. She can do bigger venues and move way more tickets for a JLP anniversary than she could for a tour supporting a new album. Plus it has a better chance of boosting sales and bringing ears to the new album.

citizen
1 minute ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I'm sure she'll sing from it on the tour and maybe do some smaller shows for it, but it is just a smart sales tactic. She can do bigger venues and move way more tickets for a JLP anniversary than she could for a tour supporting a new album. Plus it has a better chance of boosting sales and bringing ears to the new album.

Good point.

In a world where BTS are apparently selling out stadiums.

Born to Run

LUV the title

giphy.webp

citizen

On December 1st, she posted to all her social media pages that there's be "fun news tomorrow, december 2nd" Well now it's December 3rd and she hasn't announced anything on any of her social media pages or websites.... What's going on?

prézli

May?????? Gurl. There is an half of the year till that.

starsweburnaway
2 hours ago, citizen said:

On December 1st, she posted to all her social media pages that there's be "fun news tomorrow, december 2nd" Well now it's December 3rd and she hasn't announced anything on any of her social media pages or websites.... What's going on?

I'm sure she meant album pre-order and tour announcement. 

Edited by starsweburnaway

Hector

GORGEOUS album cover :jonny5: The song titles are all amazing too!

americanlife
Just now, Hector said:

GORGEOUS album cover :jonny5: The song titles are all amazing too!

Can you screenshot it I can’t see it in the US

thedamnking

I thought the preorder would never come, finally!!!!!

paradisedarkness
3 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Can you screenshot it I can’t see it in the US

Change "us" in the link for "nz" and you will get it

Gabriel Florin

Wait...the coverrrr :psyduck:

HER best in years

TheWayWeWere

cover is... interesting :fan: 

I loved RID, so very excited about it :jonny: only 11 tracks tho :'(