The 7th annual ATRL Grammys is here! Read more... ×

Ageism on ATRL needs to STOP!

134 posts in this topic

I saw someone throwing shade at another member for being Katheryn’s age and still “perched” on ATRL.

Yes, those 24yo ATRLers that were on here 10 years ago, are now 34 years old.

Just like those 14yo ATRLers that were on here 10 years ago (calling 24yo members “pathetic” for still being perched on ATRL), are now 24yo themselves and still… perched on ATRL.

Just like we’ll all still be on here 10 years from now, all 10 years older.  That's how time works, dearies. tumblr_pzq6inVEIa1xmo1c7o1_75sq.gifv

And if anyone is thinking “Omg I can’t imagine being on ATRL 10 years from now!  Omg that’d be pathetic!  I’ll be married with 12 children in 10 years and won’t have the time to be visiting ATRL! :bibliahh:”…

Well… do you plan on falling out of love with your fav or music in general anytime soon?  Plan on not caring about getting tea on what your fav is planning for an upcoming era or when music is rumored to be released?  Planning on not defending your fav in those tea threads when you’re reading through them?  No?  I didn’t think so...

tumblr_pzjsb70g6Q1xmo1c7o1_250.gifv

It reminded me of 10 years ago when 20yo Mons†ers were shading 30yo Mons†ers for being “too old” to be at a Lady Gaga concert… and now - ten years later - your 30yo booty is perched front row at an Ava Max concert.

tumblr_phwvuqzNtg1xmo1c7o1_250.gif

This ageism bs needs to stop - we’ll all be here 10 years from… :foxaylove3:

retire granny!

leave ATRL for the kiddos like me.

x2JIWnb.gif

Shout out to the ageist @1365 ! He loves shading Katy's age.

9 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

I’ll be married with 12 children in 10 years and won’t have the time to be visiting ATRL! 

:bibliahh:

1 minute ago, PrettyHurts said:

I’m 21 is that too old

I think 22+ is when you should delete your atrl account :dancehall2: 

Clock them! The dumbest argument ever. Everyone ages.

I'm (thankfully) still in my 20's, but I agree. Sure, it's a quick and easy drag, but you're right, unless we plan to stop caring about pop culture by age X, there's no point in dragging others who are still into it at that age or older. People are fanatic sports fans well into their older years, why can't pop stans keep that same energy? :michael:

2 minutes ago, materialboy said:

Shout out to the ageist @1365 ! He loves shading Katy's age.

aren't you the one that is constantly trying with the false narrative of me being in my late 30's even tho I'm just 2 years older than you? Wow,  You really are a hypocrite just like your fave

3 minutes ago, Revenge said:

It’s not that serious 

FYQRlX2.gif

is this Kesha

Agree with everything except for the "ava max concert" part, it's just not realistic.

FYQRlX2.gif

3 minutes ago, 1365 said:

aren't you the one that is constantly trying with the false narrative of me being in my late 30's even tho I'm just 2 years older than you? Wow,  You really are a hypocrite just like your fave

That was clearly a joke,plus I want you to embrace your age.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Halcyon Nights said:

is this Kesha

Ndkakdjskakkds I don’t know I think so? I’ve not been here for a month so idk :ahh:

9 minutes ago, Iceland said:

retire granny!

leave ATRL for the kiddos like me.

x2JIWnb.gif

Never!

tumblr_pk4ntxTsKb1xmo1c7o1_400.gif

5 minutes ago, Buzzcutseason said:

Then ATRL would implode... :foxaylove3:

4 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Clock them! The dumbest argument ever. Everyone ages.

tumblr_pyddwvHL0z1xmo1c7o1_250.gifv

3 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

I'm (thankfully) still in my 20's, but I agree. Sure, it's a quick and easy drag, but you're right, unless we plan to stop caring about pop culture by age X, there's no point in dragging others who are still into it at that age or older. People are fanatic sports fans well into their older years, why can't pop stans keep that same energy? :michael:

Brilliant point! :smitten:

You're right about the fact that it's a lot of ageist Monsters out there; they sure do love dragging Madonna, Katy, Beyonce, Nicki etc for their age.

FYQRlX2.gif

5 minutes ago, materialboy said:

That was clearly a joke,plus I want you to embrace your age.

and I want Kathryn to embrace hers! Nothing wrong with being menopausal!

It is weird how people drag each other over their age on here. Is someone who is 30 years old supposed to suddenly lose interest in all their hobbies and just become a robot? 

It's the stans in their 30s with the expendable income that are keeping your faves alive :flower:

4 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

It is weird how people drag each other over their age on here. Is someone who is 30 years old supposed to suddenly lose interest in all their hobbies and just become a robot? 

It's the stans in their 30s with the expendable income that are keeping your faves alive :flower:

The tea I...

LwbJgdO.png

9 minutes ago, Lyrical. said:

You're right about the fact that it's a lot of ageist Monsters out there; they sure do love dragging Madonna, Katy, Beyonce, Nicki etc for their age.

FYQRlX2.gif

The pot, dear!  The pot! :foxaylove3:

7 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

We love @Chemist :heart2:

You can drag every flop stat Katy has on all metrics but if you go for age (or any artist for that matter), you are a shiit human being. ATRL should know better. The gays should OBJECTIVELY know better. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzcutseason said:

Except u cant delete it sweetie

U can try to get perma banned but thats it sis

I was around 19 when I first came aboard ATRL when TRL was a daily show. I stepped away 2011/2012 because of this life thing, decided I wanted a man, got said man/graduated/rebooted self, and then I recently decided to come back intermittently as this is still a place for me. Here i am at 33. I can't bish, stan, speak and rant about some topics like I do here vs on Facebook. 

I have more experience , but the younger yall can stay up past 11 PM. : D 

How you gonna be on the site for ten years and still be sensitive though? If you’re 34 and on a pop music forum you better have thick skin hon

I mean we stan older pop girls here
whats the problem?