Diversity: Season 1.25 &The Winner Is....

Speezy

also heres the judging scale 

1-10 scale

NO Decimals

10 being fantastic

7 Being Okay

4 way below average

2 off topic/crappy but a something tiny was there

1 Being offtopic/crappy/extremely bad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speezy

• thecptz

• miguel

• fiercE

Top Posters In This Topic

At least one of those entries is not like the others :cupid:

Ready to snatch

Heaven is THAT song:jonny6:

tenor.gif

Britney is so happy to be here at the premiere round of Diversity serving you a heartbreaking track! :jamming:

Edited by Black Canary

*I'm still Hayley but for some reason she's not credited as singing the song..

@Speezy told us in the judges group chat to post our crits here, so im gonna do it since im done doing it 

Kinda felt shy to tag you all btw.

xoxo

My Critiques:

46dvYrt.gif

Spoiler

Yvess - #Beyonce - This fits the theme well. I love the lyrical content, it gives me the sad feels. The breakdown to the final chorus could've been more sadder but it is not a major thing for me. :gaycat2:

Yvess - #Rihanna -- It was all fun and games until she uttered:"...And the sad song, ends up being the Last Song you'll ever hear..." :weeps:

Yvess - #JessicaMauboy  - Touches the "sad" theme but I don't get to connect at it that much. Even at second listen. Props to her vocal chops here! :worship2:

Yvess - #Queen - Who is cutting the onions? Ugh. This is so beautifully sad imo. I like how he sounds weak at the start then switches it to anger-ish tone in the chorus then goes back to the weakling tone on the verses. :clap3:

Yvess - #TaylorSwift -  This sets you to a crying spree. Good job! It kinda makes me want to break up with my non-existent boyfriend just to listen to this song again spiritually. :clap3:

Yvess - #Brandy -  First, slay at picking a track from Never Say Never. I love this song since you can feel her pain due to her trashy bf. Cool choice. :worship:

Yvess - #KeyshiaCole -  I love me some template R&B ballad so that is already a win on your part! I love how this song cuts so deep and my heart wouldn't let me walk away

Yvess - #StVincent - And that's how you do storytelling... slayed me. I love how you chose a song that tends to "celebrate" but ends up hurting anyone who gets to listen to it. S L A Y!

Yvess - #TeganAndSara  - I love songs that brings me nostalgic vibes. :weeps:

Yvess - #NataliaKills - I cry. This is a strong choice, the lyrics bb is so sad. Lovin' her vocal quality here too. :cries:

Yvess - #KatyPerry - Spot on choice for me. I am glad you are now representing your fave so I am expecting slayage from you on this game. :flower:

Yvess - #JessieJ  - Smart choice for sending in a live version, it gives awareness to her vocal strength. This version is more sad especially when she sings the chorus over and over... :clap3:

Yvess - #TheWeeknd  - SLAY. This is beautifully depressing. :clap3:

Yvess - #ArianaGrande - Cute. The lyrics is ok. The song is not that powerful to give me sad vibes tho. My Everything or JALBOYH could be strong contenders for this round imo. :smitten:

Yvess - #ZaraLarsson  - The song does not sonically sound sad to me but props for the cute lyrics tho. :emofish:

Yvess - #KateBush  - I don't really know her that much but i have this to say to her song: Perfection. Period. :jonny5:

Yvess - #BritneySpears  - I want more kind of songs like this from her. Love the chorus. 

Yvess - #LanaDelRey -  Digging how she can sing the saddest side of things, That's why many of us can relate to her music, it has that feeling of resonating relatability that makes you sad instantly. :alexz:
Yvess - #MansZelmerlow  - I can hear and feel the regrets.... The lyrics is saddening. The chorus is heavenly especially when he says "Im Not Ok" multiple times :cries:

Yvess - #Madonna  - I love it when Madge sings her ballad-ish songs. I like also the way she sings backup or second voice. Cool choice. :smitten:

Yvess - #Sade  - You cannot spell Sade without S-A-D, :clap3:

Yvess - #LadyGaga  - This is one of her best songs tbh. The sadness in the verses then the way she sings her heart out in the chorus is so infectious. Slayful choice. :clap3:

Yvess - #MariahCarey  - I dunno why this wasnt released as a single. It has the trademark of Mimi's heartbreaking ballads. such a beautiful song, and oh yes, very underrated too. :cries:

Yvess - #ChristinaAguilera - Another great storytelling done. Xtina's traumatic childhood in a nutshell. The final chorus til the end is heartbreakingly sad. :heart2:

Yvess - #LOONA - Cute choice. I dunno if it is a good thing that I kinda bopped to the hook. :psyduck:

Yvess - #DemiLovato - I am not crying, you are esp when she sings “I can be manipulated only so many times. Before even ‘I love you’ starts to sound like a lie.” :jonny5:

Edited by Yvess

8 hours ago, DevonRoars said:

I sent?

you sent way after the deadline so I’ll dock you 1.25 in total points :cm: . 

aw thanks @Yvess. this is the only version she released kii

4 minutes ago, thecptz said:

aw thanks @Yvess. this is the only version she released kii

oooh cool. i didnt bother to look for a standard version, i based it on the videos speezy sent.  xx

and i thought Angel Tupai covered it from a different artist xx

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

@Speezy told us in the judges group chat to post our crits here, so im gonna do it since im done doing it 

Kinda felt shy to tag you all btw.

xoxo

My Critiques:

46dvYrt.gif

Hide contents

Yvess - #Beyonce - This fits the theme well. I love the lyrical content, it gives me the sad feels. The breakdown to the final chorus could've been more sadder but it is not a major thing for me. :gaycat2:

Yvess - #Rihanna -- It was all fun and games until she uttered:"...And the sad song, ends up being the Last Song you'll ever hear..." :weeps:

Yvess - #JessicaMauboy  - Touches the "sad" theme but I don't get to connect at it that much. Even at second listen. Props to her vocal chops here! :worship2:

Yvess - #Queen - Who is cutting the onions? Ugh. This is so beautifully sad imo. I like how he sounds weak at the start then switches it to anger-ish tone in the chorus then goes back to the weakling tone on the verses. :clap3:

Yvess - #TaylorSwift -  This sets you to a crying spree. Good job! It kinda makes me want to break up with my non-existent boyfriend just to listen to this song again spiritually. :clap3:

Yvess - #Brandy -  First, slay at picking a track from Never Say Never. I love this song since you can feel her pain due to her trashy bf. Cool choice. :worship:

Yvess - #KeyshiaCole -  I love me some template R&B ballad so that is already a win on your part! I love how this song cuts so deep and my heart wouldn't let me walk away

Yvess - #StVincent - And that's how you do storytelling... slayed me. I love how you chose a song that tends to "celebrate" but ends up hurting anyone who gets to listen to it. S L A Y!

Yvess - #TeganAndSara  - I love songs that brings me nostalgic vibes. :weeps:

Yvess - #NataliaKills - I cry. This is a strong choice, the lyrics bb is so sad. Lovin' her vocal quality here too. :cries:

Yvess - #KatyPerry - Spot on choice for me. I am glad you are now representing your fave so I am expecting slayage from you on this game. :flower:

Yvess - #JessieJ  - Smart choice for sending in a live version, it gives awareness to her vocal strength. This version is more sad especially when she sings the chorus over and over... :clap3:

Yvess - #TheWeeknd  - SLAY. This is beautifully depressing. :clap3:

Yvess - #ArianaGrande - Cute. The lyrics is ok. The song is not that powerful to give me sad vibes tho. My Everything or JALBOYH could be strong contenders for this round imo. :smitten:

Yvess - #ZaraLarsson  - The song does not sonically sound sad to me but props for the cute lyrics tho. :emofish:

Yvess - #KateBush  - I don't really know her that much but i have this to say to her song: Perfection. Period. :jonny5:

Yvess - #BritneySpears  - I want more kind of songs like this from her. Love the chorus. 

Yvess - #LanaDelRey -  Digging how she can sing the saddest side of things, That's why many of us can relate to her music, it has that feeling of resonating relatability that makes you sad instantly. :alexz:
Yvess - #MansZelmerlow  - I can hear and feel the regrets.... The lyrics is saddening. The chorus is heavenly especially when he says "Im Not Ok" multiple times :cries:

Yvess - #Madonna  - I love it when Madge sings her ballad-ish songs. I like also the way she sings backup or second voice. Cool choice. :smitten:

Yvess - #Sade  - You cannot spell Sade without S-A-D, :clap3:

Yvess - #LadyGaga  - This is one of her best songs tbh. The sadness in the verses then the way she sings her heart out in the chorus is so infectious. Slayful choice. :clap3:

Yvess - #MariahCarey  - I dunno why this wasnt released as a single. It has the trademark of Mimi's heartbreaking ballads. such a beautiful song, and oh yes, very underrated too. :cries:

Yvess - #ChristinaAguilera - Another great storytelling done. Xtina's traumatic childhood in a nutshell. The final chorus til the end is heartbreakingly sad. :heart2:

Yvess - #LOONA - Cute choice. I dunno if it is a good thing that I kinda bopped to the hook. :psyduck:

Yvess - #DemiLovato - I am not crying, you are esp when she sings “I can be manipulated only so many times. Before even ‘I love you’ starts to sound like a lie.” :jonny5:

I love your comments legend!

Inb4 Yvess gave everyone a 9

16 minutes ago, URBAN said:

I love your comments legend!

Thanks king Urbae! I kept it short and sweet since there's a lot of you. :hughard:

9 minutes ago, Destro said:

Inb4 Yvess gave everyone a 9

Tea. Except you. :-* 

3 minutes ago, EriKills said:

thanks sis @Yvess :heart2: 

Glad u stayed away from the Tinashe curse this time :ahh:

52 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Tea. Except you. :-* 

Rude 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.