Astronomy

ATRL Mafia: Witching Hour | The Great Witch War Ends

Astronomy

1.gif

Hello everyone and welcome to my first game hosted on ATRL. I'm Aiko., and I'm going to be your host to this bloodbath of a game. To those who don't know me, I may not be a seasoned ATRL game hoster, but I've hosted more than enough games on Discord to get the general gist. this isn't counting the chaotic mafia game we just had, tyvm 

With all that being said, let's dive in.

2.gif

General Premise

After years of infighting with the covens in New Salem, a new threat has risen up to take hold of the land they have dominion over. The witch hunters are coming; the Children of Man won't stop until every witch is dead.

In detail story:

Spoiler

Times had changed in the modern era; witches had finally come out of the shadows and taken dominion over their lands, showing that maybe Witches could be integrated into society. Arms were open wide, but still, in the shadows, evil ‘s ugly face waited for the world to turn against them. Though it was ready to shift the tide itself.

Schoneberg Manor, New Salem, 11:02 PM

Johann: BROTHERS! I know you are wondering why I have called you here this evening. I have deduced a plan to end the reign of these treacherous witches.

Roger: Let it be known, brother. Anything you say could help us eliminate their power.

Nicholas: I await to know this scheme.

Johann: We have endured their torture long enough – let us call on the Great Father of the Hunt and may he lend us the power we need to end this suffering.

The eight men gathered into a circle, praying to their Great Father of the Hunt. As they prayed, a muffled screaming came from inside their circle. A witch by the name of Aiko was held down and gagged. The men were sacrificing her to gain their powers.

Peter: Great Father, give us the power we need to end this suffering.

Balthasar: And may we be blessed when the witches lose their dominion.

Hank: We call upon you to save us, Great Father.

Pierre: Command us, my Great Father.

The room was silent as Nicholas placed the dagger deep into Aiko’s chest. As Aiko bled out, her eyes remained open as she whispered one last prayer to her gods. May her spirit watch over the witches of her coven, and may they be ready.

One by one, the men gained power given by their Father of the Hunt, and together, they stood ready to eliminate the witches.

If you haven't figured it out by now, it's witch oriented. Let's get to the basics, shall we?

3.gif

General Idea

This mafia game will have a lot of similarties with @Destro's Disney Edition because I loved the play style that much. Though, there will be a few differences so it isn't some shameless rip off and such. If you didn't play his version, then here's the need to know regarding what you're actually doing - pulled from his thread, but tweaked by like a word.

Players are thrust into a situation where there is a vicious crime faction who kill someone every night, the Mafia. The Town goal is to eliminate all threatening non-town faction. Mafia goal is to eliminate the Town and any 3P threat. The 3P have their own separate win conditions and ability that may or may not work with or against both faction

On that note, let me explain some more.

The version of the game we're playing - which makes it all the more fun - is Open Role Madness. This means that from the very beginning, you guys are gonna know just what roles are being used in this game. Will you know each other's roles? No. Does that erase the entertainment value? Not a chance. But what it does do is make it much more fun. Just about every role has an ability that can be used, but there are certain restrictions and such that will play into that; some roles even mess with the day and night cycles. All around, it makes it a bit more chaotic and less, how do I put this, boring.

Disqualification:

Like any good game, there has got to be some type of rule in effect regarding when players do something wrong - and this is even more enforced after the mess that was Discord Mafia. See: rules being edited 20 times. So with this being said, here is how you get disqualified:

• You don't send in a proper lynch candidate for a day phase (Say Dessy isn't in this game, so you say Lynch Destro. That doesn't count). I'll excuse this once but the second time will have you disqualified. 
  • Because I liked this rule from Dessy's game that much, here you go:

You are caught discussing the game outside of: the game thread, the Mafia chat or the Spectator's Chat should there be one, you are out without warning. If you are dead in the game and cheating by talking to players who are still alive, I may no longer allow you to play in any game I may host in the future. And you may face a WP from a mod.

• If I found out you edited a post, you will receive a warning. If you edit a post for the second time, you will be disqualified. We learned this the extremely hard way in my Discord game that editing is a MESS for the game. IF YOU MISSPELL SOMETHING OR WANT TO SAY SOMETHING ELSE, POST IT AGAIN. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. 
  • Dessy also made points here:

You make a screenshot of any PM I send you and share it, directly quote any PM I send you, or post an image of your role pm, you will be disqualified. Posting images of roles which have been revealed is allowed, since that information will be accessible from the game thread. 

And lastly, this is ATRL and as we have seen multiple times in random threads, rules are in effect. Follow them, do whatever - but if you get your ass threadbanned, I will fight you.

Other Things to Note

• We have an Anti-Role Claiming Mechanic thing going; so if you're feeling extra dumb, you can, by all means, reveal your role. Just know that if you do, this means the mafia will more than likely kill you. I will say if you pull this stunt in the first day phase, I will literally DQ you and give your role to someone else. Keep that in mind, yeah?
  • Because of the way things tend to spiral downard and to avoid sus, I'm going to require a 5 posts per day count. If you're only in here because you're being tagged to defend yourself, I'm gonna have a lot to say to you. 
  • If you can't be active in this game, don't sign up  I don't want false hope this will go smoothly so don't give me any. 
  • If you got questions, I got different means to reach me - Discord, PMs, or even in this thread. Though, I check Discord more frequently since I have the notifications on.
  • I might throw in some mini games to give you guys a means to get some benefits.
  • Sign-Ups will begin after my next post.
  • Mafia and Dead Players have their own servers.

Player Count

32 Total Players

8 Mafia

4 3P

20 Town 

Do I think we'll reach 32? Probably not. But in the event we have more than, I'll gladly take substitutes at any given moment because I don't doubt for one second that some of these gorls will find a way to go inactive. 

4.gif

Two phases you need to be aware of: Day Phase and Night Phase

Day Phase: Usually 36 hours long, can be shortened if everyone is satisfied with their lynches. This is the time where you vote to lynch somebody you suspect of being in the mafia. My time zone is CT and I will usually specific every time I post with the timer. Again, you need to post more than just 'Lynch Guero'

Night Phase: Usually 12 hours long, will be shortened if all abilities are used. This is where Mafia, 3P and townies all use their abilities. Can also be immediately ended by certain powers.

5.gif

During EVERY SINGLE DAY CYCLE all players MUST decide to lynch somebody. When you decide on who to lynch, it must be underlined and bolded - I will not be taking the vote any other way. When it comes to voting, if I see your post with the phrase 'edited' anywhere, I will warn you immediately. if you do it more than once, disqualified. It isn't hard to post again with a new lynch, seriously. There are also 3 types of lynching

Lynch Cherry123 - which refers to you deciding this person is sus and you want them OUT.
No Lynch - If you don't know enough evidence, you can choose to not lynch at all. **Note: If this is abused, I will disable the ability. 
Unlynch Cherry123 - Before you pick someone new to lynch, you must unlynch. So you'd unlynch, then post the next person you suspect.

Once you are killed off - by means of lynching or otherwise - you are no longer apart of the game. When you die, your role and alignment will be revealed to the players. There will be a discord server link provided to the dead server in your PMs, and you will join other players in spectating. If you're deceased and post in this thread after dying, we gonna throw hands. 

6.gif

Town Roles

Spoiler

Abigail Williams

(Detective) - You may target one player each night. You will learn if they are innocent or if they are guilty. An inconclusive result would be granted if the target is a 3rd party, if you were enforced/roleblocked, or if your target receives doctor aid. 

Fiona Goode

(Jack of ALL Trades) - You have 4 stock for one time use of Detective, Doctor, Vigilante, andEnforcer. During Night, you may use one of your stocks and target any player.

Circe

(Doctor) You may target one player each night. That player will be protected from all kill attempts during the phase it is used on. You cannot target yourself.

Glinda the Good Witch

(Defender) At night, you may target a player. If they are targeted for a kill you will die in their place. You have 2 stocks of this ability. 

Muriel

(Curser) If Fiona and Madison are both killed, you have the power to curse a player of your choosing. The curse will take two game days to take effect, and the cursed player will die.

Ridley Duchannes

(Sucubus) Each night, you may target one player to “distract.” If they have a power, it will not work. If they don’t have a power, your power will fail. If they are above your role, you will be mislead.

Nancy Downs

(Tantrum) If you are one of the top two lynch candidates, you may cast a spell that ceases all lynching for the day. Your role will be revealed, but you may choose someone to kill during the night that you suspect.

Sabrina Spellman

(Psychic) Every night, you get a list of three names. One of which is evil – you do not know which. Every third night, you get a list of three names with one confirmed townie.

Marie Laveau

(Veteran Witch) During the Night Phase, you have a chance to see anyone targeting you. If you are being targeted, you may teleport to safety. 3 stock.

Piper Halliwell

(Sisters) You know the identity of Phoebe and will be entered into a chat with that player. If Phoebe is targeted during the Night Phase, you may freeze the actions against them. One stock.

Phoebe Halliwell
(Sisters) You know the identity of Piper and will be entered into a chat with that player. If Piper is targeted during the Night Phase, you may disrupt the action against them. One stock.

Sycorax

(Tracker) You may target one player each Night Phase – you will learn if anyone visited this target that Night Phase.

Zelena

(Wicked Witch of the West) During the Night Phase, you may summon a tornado from Oz to disrupt all the mafia’s actions. This can only be used once.

Madison Montgomery

(Back-Up Jack of ALL Trades) If Fiona is killed or lynched, you gain only ONE stock for Detective, Doctor, Vigilante and Enforcer. In simpler terms for you kindergarteners, you can only choose one of the abilities listed to use.

Regina Mills

(The Evil Queen) Your vote will always count three times. The triple vote will not be publicly shown.

Bellatrix Lestrange

(Azkaban Jailor) Each Night Phase you may jail one player. The player that has been jailed will not be able to perform an action and they will not be able to vote the following Day Phase. You cannot target the same player consecutively; nonconsecutively is fine.

Minerva McGonagall

(Vigilante) You begin the game with 4 kill stocks. Starting Night 2, you may begin using them on the players. 

Tituba

(Lookout) Each Night Phase you can target a player to find out what ability was used on them, if any ability was used.

Morgan Le Fay

(Seer) At night you can see a list of all abilities that were used and who they were used on, but not who used them. You have one stock of this ability.

Tia Dalma

(Revival) You have the ability to revive any player of your choosing. One stock – meaning it can be used only once.

3P Roles

Spoiler

Voodoo Priestess of the Mississippi

(Three Wishes)

1) You may gift a player with a stock of life when targeted by mafia or vigilante, a disguise when investigated, or a stock of life when lynched. 1 stock.

2) You may gift the death upon a player, they will die in the next night. I repeat, they will be dead. 1 stock.

3) You may gift yourself the exit of the game, but this can only be done once the rest of your powers have been used.

Chief Warlock

(Serial Killer) You may target one player every other night. If mafia is defeated and you are still standing, the game goes on. Your ultimate goal is to be the last player left of the game.

Kharon

(Jester) You are to be as misleading as possible. If you get lynched, you win.

(Cryptic) Each day you may submit a random message. Make sure you DM me.

The Worshipper

(Traitor/Sole Survivor) Your goal is to survive, but if Balthasar targets you, you will join the ranks of the Mafia.

7.gif

Mafia Roles

Spoiler

Johann Von Schoneberg

(Godfather) Leader of the Mafia, has the final say in who mafia targets.

(Triple Kill) Instead of a mafia kill, you may submit 3 players and their corresponding roles. If you guess incorrectly, then the kill will fail. Both kill abilities will be passed down until the last member of the mafia.

(Immortal) As leader of the Witch Hunters, you cannot be targeted by the Serial Killer unless you are the only one left standing.

Roger Nowell

(Father of the Hunt) At any point during the Day Phase, you have the ability to summon the Father of the Hunt’s aid to halt all actions and immediately turn the day into night. You can only use this once.

(Warlock Betrayal) If investigated, you will transform into a warlock and lose the Father of the Hunt power. If you are lynched, you can instantly curse any of the players lynching you.

Nicholas Remy

(Silencer) Each night you may target one player. They will not be able to talk or vote during the following Day Phase.

Peter Binsfeld

(Enforcer) Every other night you may target one player. Their ability will not be successful.

(Strongman) Every other night, you can target one player. All mafia abilities targeting them will not fail.

Balthasar Von Dernbach

(Forger) Each Night Phase, you may target one player. If they are investigated, their result will be inconclusive. If you target the Worshipper, you will be able to torture him and he will join the mafia team.

Hank Lafite

(Disguise) You will appear as aligned with the Town when investigated.

(Creole Revenge) If you are set to be lynched or killed by the serial killer, and Marie Laveau hasn’t used her powers yet, you may use them before her, removing one of her stock.

Pierre De Lance

(Poisoner) You have a chance to poison a target during night. They will die the following night. The target will know that they have been poisoned. This ability can only be used once.

Sebastian Michaelis

(Framer) Each night, you have the chance to frame a player. If they are investigated, the Investigator will believe they are mafia.

Priority List

Spoiler

FOTH > 3 Wishes > Enforcer > Strongman > Jailor > Revival > WWOTW > Sisters > Warlock Betrayal > Curse > Poisoner > JOAT > Doctor > Defender > Psychic, Succubus, Tantrum, > Immortal > Serial Killer > Triple Kill, Mafia Kill > Vigilante > Disguise > Forger > Silencer > Detective > Seer > Tracker > Lookout > Veteran Witch > The Evil Queen > Jester > Traitor/Survivor

Astronomy

Timeline

Day 1 Start: Dirty Witch Blood

Mini-Game One: Final Bitches

Day 1 Results/Start of Night 1: Burn, Baby, Burn

Night 1 End /Day 2 Start: Death By Bitchery

Day 2 End/Night 2 Start: Dead Ho Club

Night 2 End/Day 3 Start: Well, Good Job

Day 3 End/Night 3 Start: Well, It's Over

Night 3 End/Day 4 Start: Magical Mayhem

Day 4 End/Night 4 Start: Angry Witch

Night 4 End/Day 5 Start: More Dead Girls

Day 5 End/Night 5 Start: Paint It Black

Night 5 End/Day 6 Start: Mafia Thought

Day 6 End/Night 6 Start: Pendejas

Night 6 End/Day 7 Start: Booming Town

Astronomy

original.jpg

1. Cherry123 (Phoebe Halliwell) - Killed Night 2 
2. mokitsu (Voodoo Priestess of the Mississippi) - Killed Night 4
3. Psycho (Nicholas Remy) - Killed Night 4 
4. Disruptive (Piper Halliwell) - Killed Night 2 

5. Guero (Hank Lafite) Killed Night 5 

6. wxvii

7. Destro (Roger Nowell) - Killed Night 6 

8. Hikari (Glinda the Good Witch) - Killed Night 6

9. Pinkbox (Pierre De Lance) - Killed Night 2 

10. Overprotected (Chief Warlock) - Killed Night 1

11. Wes

12. thecptz

13. Brutus and Cassius

14. Dibbles

15. kiiwii

16. fiercE

17. Weed

18. KatyCatPH (Sabrina Spellman) - Killed Night 3 

19. Hug (Kharon) - Killed Night 4 

20. XxPrinceOfDarknessxX (Peter Binsfeld)- Killed Night 6

21. Yvess

22. Witch Privilege 

23. Icarus (Balthasar Von Dernbach) - Lynched Day 3

24. Price of Fame (Ridley Duchannes) - Killed Night 3 

25. Iceland (Sycorax) - Lynched Day 6

26. DougAF (Regina Mills) - Killed Night 3

27. WillieMonroe - Disqualified Day 3

28. Prince High (The Worshipper) - Killed Night 1

29. EriKills (Fiona Goode) - Killed Night 3 
30. worldwide angel (Nancy Downs) - Killed Night 4 

31. Revolution (Madison Montgomery) - Lynched Day 1

32. LCTV (Tia Dalma) Lynched Day 2

33. Jealous (Tituba) - Killed Night 4

Substitutes 

1. Jealous

2. Carly

3. oceans

4. marsblyr

5. luckystrike

6. Chiidish

7. Dolce Vita

8. Mr. Blue_Shirt

Cherry123

I´m in 

mokitsu

in

Psycho

Sign me up

Astronomy

Sign-Ups

1. Cherry123
2. mokitsu
3. Psycho

resize.png

disruptive

Sign me up 

4qBdbiT.jpg

Guero

sign me up 

Dessy

Hi I'm in

Hikari

okay here we go again 

Dessy
7 minutes ago, Aiko. said:

Unlynch Cherry123 - Before you pick someone new to lynch, you must unlynch. So you'd unlynch, then post the next person you suspect.

Why not just count the most recent lynch votesince unlynch is meant to cancel a vote entirely? :matty:

Astronomy

Sign-Ups

1. Cherry123
2. mokitsu
3. Psycho
4. Disruptive

5. Guero

6. wxvii

7. Destro

8. Hikari

4qBdbiT.jpg

Astronomy
Just now, Destro said:

Why not just count the most recent lynch votesince unlynch is meant to cancel a vote entirely? :matty:

because im dumb and have bad reading comprehension, PERIOD. unlynch helps me ok :isudumblmao:

Dessy

Love the roles tho 

PinkBox

the theme scares me

but sign me up

scar not being nerfed tho, I-

Dessy

@Aiko. there should be a limit on strongman because... 

4qBdbiT.jpg

disruptive

ooh, i love the roles :duca: 

Astronomy
4 minutes ago, Destro said:

@Aiko. there should be a limit on strongman because... 

4qBdbiT.jpg

complain some more and ill put my dick down your throat :flower:

Overprotected

Sign me up please

4qBdbiT.jpg

disruptive
2 minutes ago, Aiko. said:

lemme start complaining then :oh:

Wes

Here for role madnesses so sign me UP

4qBdbiT.jpg

Dessy
2 minutes ago, Aiko. said:

Just saying. And there's nothing that says they cant use both at once. 

4qBdbiT.jpg

disruptive

i hope you dumb bitches get it together and don't pull the same foolery you did in the discord game 

cMdAUrE.gif