High School Musical: The Series | Streaming now on Disney+

Gossip_Boy

50 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Thanks! I am an art director. I directed the promotional campaign for the series both inside and outside of the app. That’s my poster up in the OP. Did the soundtrack too. It was fun working with Disney+ on their launch but it was about 6 months of work and a lot of chaos! haha

that's amazing, great job! will you be working on the 2nd season as well? 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHoran

• badgirlriri

• kelly-clarkson

• Miranda Cocksgrove

4 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

that's amazing, great job! will you be working on the 2nd season as well? 

Thanks love! And I believe so!

cERbocc.gif

Edited by yonsé

Enjoyed the 1st episode. The two leads have good voices and good chemistry. Not feeling that EJ guy yet but we'll see. 

Also is the entire 1st season dropping on the 12th or is it going to be a weekly release on Disney+? 

kelly-clarkson
7 hours ago, yonsé said:

Yes, several cast members come back throughout the series. 

Reveal hidden contents

Not Zac Efron. He wanted nothing to do with it lol

Yess thanks!! :party:

5 hours ago, yonsé said:

Thanks! I am an art director. I directed the promotional campaign for the series both inside and outside of the app. That’s my poster up in the OP. Did the soundtrack too. It was fun working with Disney+ on their launch but it was about 6 months of work and a lot of chaos! haha

Oh wow, that's amazing. Must be a dream working for Disney+ :smitten:

kelly-clarkson
1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Also is the entire 1st season dropping on the 12th or is it going to be a weekly release on Disney+? 

According to the initial calendar on this thread they're releasing the episodes weekly (along with the songs of the show).

6 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

According to the initial calendar on this thread they're releasing the episodes weekly (along with the songs of the show).

Aww bummer. I was excited for a binge session but I honestly get it. The binge release would hurt a show of this type; especially if they're trying to promote the music and stuff. 

Miranda Cocksgrove

Cute how the episode doesn't exist on the internet yet x

I'm sure it'll be faster when it premieres in D+ I guess

44 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Cute how the episode doesn't exist on the internet yet x

I'm sure it'll be faster when it premieres in D+ I guess

It does...:gaycat1:

This was cute, although I need to rewatch it because the cut of the episode I had was not it. Can't wait to see more and hear more of the new songs.

kelly-clarkson

I enjoyed the first episode, I'm looking forward to the next episodes!!

Also I feel they cut or censored some parts on the pilot they aired on ABC. At the end of the episode some girl says "it's about to get real" and on the trailer of the series she says "****s about to get real".

perfectly.ill

Enjoyed it, but it was pretty mediocre compared to Glee's pilot. The cast is mostly nice. The writing and directing... isn't.

Glee started off strong and quickly declined. Hopefully this show can do the opposite and find its groove.

• #FreeBritney Activist
20 hours ago, yonsé said:

So now that this show has aired and the app is dropping in a few days I can disclose that I worked on this show. 

I’ve seen the first 6 episodes. It’s like glee but if every week was “high school musical” week, and the writing isn’t as vitriolic as a Murphy series. The cast, in my opinion, are better singers this time around than in the original. It’s cute. If you’re looking for nostalgia you will like it, but it’s for the kids so it leans into cheesy territory at times. It was a fun project to work on for sure.

omg congrats! what was the experience like? 

23 hours ago, yonsé said:

Omg :duca: I LOVE that poser for the show! That's so awesome! They better get you to continue to do this stuff for next season because I love it :duca: 

5 hours ago, Ricanaire said:

omg congrats! what was the experience like? 

It was pretty crazy! Normally we work with Disney Channel, and thought this would be a typical smaller-scale project. It was about six months of back and forth. We did a lot of different concepts (including a version of the iconic jumping shot) but ultimately they settled on something more subtle, calling back the iconic red and black and the wildcat symbol. It’s crazy that it took so long to land there but Disney is so meticulous. The hardest part was probably the in-app stuff, since they were building it while I was designing the visuals for the app. It’s hard to work with a new platform that no one has previously seen. There was a lot of pressure to make sure everything ran smoothly. Overall It was a lot of fun! I was very unsure if people would like this show so I was nervous to see what y’all would say haha. I’m glad that y’all like it. It has its cringe moments but is a super cute way to approach a revival, I think.

13 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Omg :duca: I LOVE that poser for the show! That's so awesome! They better get you to continue to do this stuff for next season because I love it :duca: 

♥️♥️♥️ Thank u honey!! As of now that’s my hope! It’s the first project that I handled completely solo, so that means a lot thank u! 

5 minutes ago, yonsé said:

It was pretty crazy! Normally we work with Disney Channel, and thought this would be a typical smaller-scale project. It was about six months of back and forth. We did a lot of different concepts (including a version of the iconic jumping shot) but ultimately they settled on something more subtle, calling back the iconic red and black and the wildcat symbol. It’s crazy that it took so long to land there but Disney is so meticulous. The hardest part was probably the in-app stuff, since they were building it while I was designing the visuals for the app. It’s hard to work with a new platform that no one has previously seen. There was a lot of pressure to make sure everything ran smoothly. Overall It was a lot of fun! I was very unsure if people would like this show so I was nervous to see what y’all would say haha. I’m glad that y’all like it. It has its cringe moments but is a super cute way to approach a revival, I think.

♥️♥️♥️ Thank u honey!! As of now that’s my hope! It’s the first project that I handled completely solo, so that means a lot thank u! 

Oh wow, this is cool! Did you had the opportunity to work on Andi Mack? i might watch this though because I am looking forward to D+!

2 hours ago, Ryuuchan_X said:

I have had The Start of Something New stuck in my head since the first episode :jonny:

Sameeeeeeeeeeee

I'd be strutting down the house and randomly burst I NEVER KNEW THAT IT COULD HAPPEN TILL IT HAPPENED TO MEEeeH ooOah woaah :jonny5:

• #FreeBritney Activist
11 hours ago, yonsé said:

yes the red and black subtle look is a way better idea than recreating the jumping shot. i think the jumping shot people would’ve thought it was a remake instead of a spin-off/musical within a musical within a series. Thank you so much for the insight! So excited for the show!