• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHoran

• badgirlriri

• kelly-clarkson

• Miranda Cocksgrove

I'm shook at how good this actually looks... The dancing in particular is outstanding. So annoying that Disney+ has no release date in the UK yet, but that's not gonna stop me. :duca:

fridayteenage

1st 3 MC reviews:

75 A fresh take on an old favorite that genuinely wants to give its young audience the smart, fun content it deserves. 

60 Charming and endearingly tongue-in-cheek...between pure empty nostalgia and something completely new.

50 People know what ‘High School Musical’ is and Disney Plus needed content.

10 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

1st 3 MC reviews:

:laugh:

kelly-clarkson
13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

nnn :ahh:

I wonder if they'll be releasing the music  with each episode or just wait til the end of the season to release it all at once

On 11/5/2019 at 1:11 PM, kelly-clarkson said:

The first episode of the show will be aired on TV:

ummm this looks a tad inappropriate for Disney Channel no?

kelly-clarkson
1 minute ago, Scandalous said:

ummm this looks a tad inappropriate for Disney Channel no? 

nnn that's true. Maybe they'll cut or censore some parts of the episode :thing:

kelly-clarkson

I think there's gonna be a cameo of someone from the original cast at some point of the show. Corbin asked them if they meet some people of the original cast besides him and they answered "Who knows?"

The tracking listing for the soundtrack is on Apple Music. Looks like Lucas Grabeel is gonna guest star since he's featured for one of the new songs.

So now that this show has aired and the app is dropping in a few days I can disclose that I worked on this show. 

I’ve seen the first 6 episodes. It’s like glee but if every week was “high school musical” week, and the writing isn’t as vitriolic as a Murphy series. The cast, in my opinion, are better singers this time around than in the original. It’s cute. If you’re looking for nostalgia you will like it, but it’s for the kids so it leans into cheesy territory at times. It was a fun project to work on for sure.

Edited by yonsé
On 11/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, kelly-clarkson said:

I think there's gonna be a cameo of someone from the original cast at some point of the show. Corbin asked them if they meet some people of the original cast besides him and they answered "Who knows?"

Yes, several cast members come back throughout the series. 

Not Zac Efron. He wanted nothing to do with it lol

This was really good :duca: I hope Disney+ atleast launches 2 episodes on launch since I already saw the premiere. I'll be watching it anyway though just incase anything was different on tv.

This reminded me a LOT of like Glee, which is a good thing.

Lucas Grabeel is on the tracklisting for the soundtrack so I guess he's for sure going to be on an episode. He may be the only one, though? I hope Ashley and Vanessa make cameos. We all know Zac isn't going to return :rip: 

1 hour ago, yonsé said:

So now that this show has aired and the app is dropping in a few days I can disclose that I worked on this show. 

I’ve seen the first 6 episodes. It’s like glee but if every week was “high school musical” week, and the writing isn’t as vitriolic as a Murphy series. The cast, in my opinion, are better singers this time around than in the original. It’s cute. If you’re looking for nostalgia you will like it, but it’s for the kids so it leans into cheesy territory at times. It was a fun project to work on for sure.

oh wow, cool! what did you work as?

35 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

oh wow, cool! what did you work as?

Thanks! I am an art director. I directed the promotional campaign for the series both inside and outside of the app. That’s my poster up in the OP. Did the soundtrack too. It was fun working with Disney+ on their launch but it was about 6 months of work and a lot of chaos! haha

Edited by yonsé