Billboard: Lover 600-750K prediction

Hector

The flop an over jokes are not even funny :confused: 

Those numbers are huge, holy sh*t :jonny5: And wait 'cause she could do more :oh:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• NMiguelCosta

• bbbrndn

• By the Water

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she'll do around 800K

Taylor always coming with those sales. :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Thats less than Drakes last new music album.

So?

Why am I getting the impression that Billboard just stole this from HDD but likes to be conservative with their predictions so they said 600k-750k instead of 600k-1M. :rip: 

21 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Thats less than Drakes last new music album.

It's not :rip: Scorpion did 732k

I think they're keeping it low so that if the number is disappointing, they can act surprised

I can see this number happening. But even with all her tactics, I forgot her album was coming out till yesterday but we'll see how she does first week.

I can see her passing 700K, but 800K will be difficult.

They predicted 650k for 1989 before release, the 800-900k prediction came like the day after release. 

Anyway, I don't think she'll do this but she won't hit 1M. I'm saying 850k. 

4 hours ago, Cherry123 said:

The fact that everyone is underestimating her streaming power when she releases :rip: She's going to do at least 250k out of album consumption. I don't know how much pure sales she'll do but it will still be huge.

I agree with 200-250 k in consumption, and probably 400-500 k in sales. That would give Lover a range of 600-750 k opening week.  Sadly, Reputation sold more than half its total consumption in its first week. Swift would be better to start not so high in the sky and have several hits with more longevity.  It looks like she did add some Country tracks with Lover. I don't know how well Country will welcome her back.  BUT, she definitely didn't go off the cliff of no return as did Miley Cyrus when she tried to turn back with Malibu.

4 hours ago, bbbrndn said:

Billboard had 1989 at 800-900k at first

Yes, but Shake It Off was a huge hit. It and AATB spent 12 wks in the T 2, and BS followed SIO to the top. Me and Calm are hits, but not anywhere near the same realm as SIO and BS. Adele will get 1 MM + in sales alone its first week, maybe even 1.5 MM, but that'll be the last album to get there.

I am confident that it will be another million seller. 

Edited by Vernon

i don't think she'll cross 1m but she'll definitely do over 700k

I hope Taylor stops releasing flop songs as her lead, then maybe she’d see another 1M first week. She has too much talent to waste it pandering to the fickle GP. 

10 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

I agree with 200-250 k in consumption, and probably 400-500 k in sales. That would give Lover a range of 600-750 k opening week.  Sadly, Reputation sold more than half its total consumption in its first week. Swift would be better to start not so high in the sky and have several hits with more longevity.  It looks like she did add some Country tracks with Lover. I don't know how well Country will welcome her back.  BUT, she definitely didn't go off the cliff of no return as did Miley Cyrus when she tried to turn back with Malibu.

Yes, but Shake It Off was a huge hit. It and AATB spent 12 wks in the T 2, and BS followed SIO to the top. Me and Calm are hits, but not anywhere near the same realm as SIO and BS. Adele will get 1 MM + in sales alone its first week, maybe even 1.5 MM, but that'll be the last album to get there.

Rep did 1.1M pure, 1.2M SPS first week. It’s at 2.3M pure, 3.5M SPS (since release) :skull: that’s not more than half of its consumption in a week, sir

Just now, bbbrndn said:

Rep did 1.1M pure, 1.2M SPS first week. It’s at 2.3M pure, 3.5M SPS (since release) :skull: that’s not more than half of its consumption in a week, sir

Oh. My bad. I was seriously NOT trying to "drag/shade" Swift. Rep was 1.22 MM sales,1.24 MM overall wk 1. So she did do better than I thought. And in sales I guess she came closer to another 1.22 MM than I remembered.

And people were doubting my girl....

tumblr_inline_pif1yavEmu1sqsq0d_540.gif

yikes :eek: the decline (in GP reception, hits, and autonomy of her own music) is REAL :sorry:

11 minutes ago, DrownedWorld said:

yikes :eek: the decline (in GP reception, hits, and autonomy of her own music) is REAL :sorry:

anaconda.thumb.jpg.7bba9d1c15e60c1f7ae4f

OT: hoping for higher :clap3:

6 hours ago, bbbrndn said:

Billboard had 1989 at 800-900k at first :rip: 

Bloop. They always underball her first estimate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.