Future Lover

Better 00s discography: Madonna, Mariah or Janet?

?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Madonna
    • Mariah
    • Janet

GlamSlam

Madonna, Mariah, Janet.

The Second Coming

Madonna easily 

cuneytb

Charmbracelet and Memoirs is so underrated i swear :rip: 

Charmbracelet deserves a REAL justice moment. Lullaby, The One, Yours, I Only Wanted, Bringing On The Heartbreak are all career highlights. 

robbyds

Janet has Number Ones so she wins by default.

Janet > Mimi > Madge

MadOnHer

Easily Madonna!

SelenaTheWinner
7 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

Easily Madonna!

P.O.P

Kylie

stevyy
4 hours ago, robbyds said:

Janet has Number Ones so she wins by default.

Janet > Mimi > Madge

Mariah has The Greatest Hits... a 2xP certified compilation album. <3 

JJ started the decade strong and ended it on a high with the immaculate Discipline era. <3

C.Damen

Madonna.

KLatz

I think it might be Mariah? TEOM, MOAIA, and E=MC2 are my most played of the bunch, but I got into Madonna's discography much later than a majority of Mariah's discography. I feel like COADF, Music, and Hard Candy are up there with the Mariah's albums but plays (except maybe HC) haven't caught up yet.

I haven't heard most of the 00s Janet albums in full yet (other than Discipline), so I can't comment on her material from then. Her 80s (after Control) and 90s albums are fantastic though :smitten:

ReH2o

1. madonna

2. janet

10. mariah

M André

Mariah>Madonna>Janet

robbyds
7 hours ago, stevyy said:

Mariah has The Greatest Hits... a 2xP certified compilation album. <3 

JJ started the decade strong and ended it on a high with the immaculate Discipline era. <3

But the OP didn't include it? But I still have to hand it to JJ as I prefer her 00s discography slightly more that Mimi even if we only consider studio albums. To me both ladies started strong with  the blockbuster AFY and the underrated gem that was Glitter but i regard their late 00s albums forgetable bodies of work. Thankfully, both rebounded with the critically acclaimed Caution and Unbreakable. Queens!

TheRealGâteau

Phew, 00's Madonna really was it

stevyy
4 hours ago, robbyds said:

But the OP didn't include it? But I still have to hand it to JJ as I prefer her 00s discography slightly more that Mimi even if we only consider studio albums. To me both ladies started strong with  the blockbuster AFY and the underrated gem that was Glitter but i regard their late 00s albums forgetable bodies of work. Thankfully, both rebounded with the critically acclaimed Caution and Unbreakable. Queens!

I always wonder why Janet's 00's career is so neglected by the ATRL GP. 

AFY was great. I bopped to it and was so happy for her success and Damita Jo was incredible too. The only album which I think is a tad bit boring was 20 Y.O. but even that one has gems. 

As for Mariah... I worshipped Glitter, CB was OK, MIMI was good, E=MC² was OK and Memoirs was OK. 

As you said... Unbreakable was a true return to greatness for Janet as was Caution for Mariah - (I also love the Elusive album tho). 

I hope Miss Janet returns soon with something new and phresh bc I miss her so much.

robbyds
On 8/2/2020 at 5:42 PM, stevyy said:

I always wonder why Janet's 00's career is so neglected by the ATRL GP. 

AFY was great. I bopped to it and was so happy for her success and Damita Jo was incredible too. The only album which I think is a tad bit boring was 20 Y.O. but even that one has gems. 

As for Mariah... I worshipped Glitter, CB was OK, MIMI was good, E=MC² was OK and Memoirs was OK. 

As you said... Unbreakable was a true return to greatness for Janet as was Caution for Mariah - (I also love the Elusive album tho). 

I hope Miss Janet returns soon with something new and phresh bc I miss her so much.

Glitter and Damita Jo >>>>>>>>>>>

Anyway, just to clarify, I do not think both ladies have ever released "bad" albums in the truest sense of the word. Like you said, even 20YO has gems (I love Enjoy and Days Go By is a personal favorite).

SavagePapi

I can't blame I'm saying this because I love Mimi and Janet. :sad:

1. Madonna =

2. & 3. Mariah / Janet

I feel like Mariah & Janet's albums are pretty much equal. Each of their 00s albums have their pros and cons, but it's hard to break them apart. It all comes down to personal taste.

But Madonna def. won this.

Pecinta Mariah

Madonna: 

Music - Good

American Life - OK

Confessions - Great

Hard Candy - Nope

Celebration - **** no

Mariah: 

Glitter - Great

Charmbracelet - yikes

TEOM - Great