The Real Housewives: RHONY Reunion Cancelled!

boys

Can someone explain to me about Bethenny vs Ramona in the Berkshires when Ramona insinuated that Bethenny grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth and Ramona was self made? Didn't her father "lend" her $70,000 to start a business? Kylie Jenner teas :deadbanana2: 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kgeezy310

• slw84

• ShouldersSideways

• boys

Top Posters In This Topic

If RHOA wants to succeed fire Kenya who starts drama just for the sake of drama aka producer puppet and Kandi who is only concerned about her next meal and then proceed to cast women who can have drama organically be also keep it light enough to the point where they can recover from it for the sake of the show. RHOA needs a MAJORRRR cast shakeup.

Kenya can't keep anything light.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Can someone explain to me about Bethenny vs Ramona in the Berkshires when Ramona insinuated that Bethenny grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth and Ramona was self made? Didn't her father "lend" her $70,000 to start a business? Kylie Jenner teas :deadbanana2: 

And why is that a problem that your family lends money when families pay for college, 1st cars etc.

Ramona didn't do what many did to earn her money. Her family rightfully helped her.

I don't know why people want self made to look like someone went from eating out of a trash can to living in a mansion.

13 minutes ago, boys said:

If RHOA wants to succeed fire Kenya who starts drama just for the sake of drama aka producer puppet and Kandi who is only concerned about her next meal and then proceed to cast women who can have drama organically be also keep it light enough to the point where they can recover from it for the sake of the show. RHOA needs a MAJORRRR cast shakeup.

You can tell when Kenya infiltrates viewers dreams...

Embedded

Kenya will remain...she's responsible for the highest ratings last season.

HEY5V8p.gif

Edited by slw84

• #FreeBritney Activist
54 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

Kandi has been floating since S9 just cackling on confessionals. 

Bring Phraudra back and make her earn those coins 

I agree that Kandi's been floating but no to Phaedra

she's not going to give you all want you want

58 minutes ago, Phobos said:

RHOA being put on a shelf filming wise until this winter is such good news.

This way they can get quality casting and not have this season center around yet another Porsha scandal. 

the s14 casting tea has been unbearably tragic, so here’s hoping they take the time to not rush anymore contracts.  

For the sake of the franchise moving FORWARD, I hope porshas spinoff takes off and she leaves the show. 

kenya will never see it for her and despite how far Porsha and kandi have come, kandi will never stick her neck out for the woman who accused her of rape on national tv (and rightfully so). Sheree/marlo will link with whoever it takes to remain on the show, so a Porsha gang up would be inevitable (and not interesting at all). 

leaving sheree kandi and Kenya, marlo, three new housewives (and one friend). 

New blood is needed and the veterans who keep phoning it in (kandi) need to carry their weight. 

I think Porsha will eventually walk and try to pull a Tardy for the party thing that won't work more than a few years

Cynthia will be gone. Drew will be gone thankfully. Kenya and possibly Kandi will be there and Sheree and Marlo will bring it so that means 3 new housewives need to be hired. I hope they hire well.

13 minutes ago, slw84 said:

And why is that a problem that your family lends money when families pay for college, 1st cars etc.

Ramona didn't do what many did to earn her money. Her family rightfully helped her.

I don't know why people want self made to look like someone went from eating out of a trash can to living in a mansion.

It's not a bad thing, but Ramona is a hypocrite. In one breath, she makes it seem like she grew up in a trailer park in the middle of the woods with an abusive dad, but then says she grew up in a beautiful home. My parents help me out too, but they don't have $70,000 lying around for a business venture that wasn't guaranteed to succeed

Bethenny-on-Dry-Brushing-low.gif

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

I have an observation about RHONY that I've wanted to share for a hot second. 

There's a technical element of filming that makes watching this season particularly undesirable. Have y'all noticed how BH gets this fuzzy, glowing sheen? Everything is soft, well-lit, and warm colors. It also helps that a lot of scenes are shot in the day time, outside, or during golden hour. It's lush and pleasant to the eye... Whereas in NYC, they film a lot indoors, at night time, and in particularly low-lit settings, such as the Salem hotel, the weird tattoo restaurant, the Harlem dining room, and that other restaurant where Sonja freaked out about Chase vs Wells Fargo. Even the Hamptons/Sag Harbor was gloomy and overcast (which is common the East Coast). With that said, the camera cinematography itself (Idk if that's the right word) has a weird color balance; like it highlights all the red tones. We end up with a sharper, unflattering image - none of that soft fuzzy quality that BH gets. Even when the ladies are in full beat, they still look kinda rough. Do you know what I mean?? It only adds to the already weird cast dynamic and change in tone with ~too real~ conversations. In my opinion, it's an unseen element that's detracting from S13. Bravo actually started with it in S12, when Leah joined. If you go back and compare S11 to S12, the camera quality / style changed. Idk why.

Has anyone else noticed this?? 

Yes I agree, but I think NY has always kind of been like this, but it's more noticeable this season

I feel NJ and ATL also had it and it only changed for them in the past 4-5 years

1 hour ago, boys said:

Funnily enough, I don’t credit Kenya for the for RHOA going dark. 

if anything it was the other ladies response to Kenya that shifted things tonally. Mainly Pheadra and Nene. every true ounce of darkness in RHOA can be traced back to them. 

esquire parks really had everyone believing Kenya offered Apollo fellatio and tried to link up with him at the Beverly Wilshire in LA. What she didn’t bank on was apollo admitting to the ruse before going off to prison. That is why Kenya went so ham with chocolate-gate in s7. Everything she said about phaedra was proven about how she sets out to destroy people (rapegate with Porsha). 

And nenes egotism and dimming Hollywood career made her become territorial with being the IT girl on RHOA. When she was popping, she had no real issue with Kenya in season 5.  But those gigs dried up, and she felt threatened. IMO, once nene — the arguable center of the show — split the cast into irreconcilable teams in s6/s7… that is when the show went downhill. 

With that being said, the illusion of a sisterhood/camaraderie is needed for housewives to work. Even with the feuds. 

I think it’s Porsha who needs to go because she has the most irreconcilable differences with the cast. Kenya and Kandi will never F with her fully. Sheree Will do whatever assignment the producers give her. Marlo blows with the wind as well. If ATL were to prosper, they need a core four who viewers believe are actual friends. 

If anything, kandi is the closest thing Atlanta had to a Kyle Richards. It would be interesting to see them build a high profile cast around her (obviously excluding her vh1 friends). 

Edited by Phobos

29 minutes ago, Phobos said:

if anything it was the other ladies response to Kenya that shifted things tonally. Mainly Pheadra and Nene. every true ounce of darkness in RHOA can be traced back to them. 

esquire parks really had everyone believing Kenya offered Apollo fellatio and tried to link up with him at the Beverly Wilshire in LA. What she didn’t bank on was apollo admitting to the ruse before going off to prison. That is why Kenya went so ham with chocolate-gate in s7. Everything she said about phaedra was proven about how she sets out to destroy people (rapegate with Porsha). 

And nenes egotism and dimming Hollywood career made her become territorial with being the IT girl on RHOA. When she was popping, she had no real issue with Kenya in season 5.  But those gigs dried up, and she felt threatened. IMO, once nene — the arguable center of the show — split the cast into irreconcilable teams in s6/s7… that is when the show went downhill. 

With that being said, the illusion of a sisterhood/camaraderie is needed for housewives to work. Even with the feuds. 

I think it’s Porsha who needs to go because she has the most irreconcilable differences with the cast. Kenya and Kandi will never F with her fully. Sheree Will do whatever assignment the producers give her. Marlo blows with the wind as well. If ATL were to prosper, they need a core four who viewers believe are actual friends. 

If anything, kandi is the closest thing Atlanta had to a Kyle Richards. It would be interesting to see them build a high profile cast around her (obviously excluding her vh1 friends). 

A cast built around Kandi is LITERALLY my nightmare she will continue to do nothing for another 5 seasons and I just can't take it.

Kenya came on this show acting for the cameras with Porsha's event and Cynthia's event thirsting for camera time as well she hasn't been authentic since she came on this show. Clearly the other women picked up on that and I don't blame them at all for not seeing it for her eventually.

I agree Porsha is poison in the water. Nobody truly ****s with her on a friendship level except Shamea and Drew thirsty ass. Even Marlo is done with the fakery. 

1 hour ago, Phobos said:

RHOA went dark circa to me season 4 when Phaedra opened the door of bringing on a cast member to rile up another one (Marlo as a pawn against Nene, since Phaedra's first attempt didn't work during season 3). The issue with Marlo outside of her criminal past and tacky fashions was she unnecessarily and in a coached manner riled up conflict. That South African fight with Sheree just felt too personal and really was a sign the lighter days of yesteryears were over. You could tell Marlo was laying it thick for the cameras and didn't authentically get along with anyone in the cast. That success trial run with Marlo (who was originally supposed to be a season 4 housewife but was demoted), truly opened the door for the caricature that became known as Kenya.

Kenya often get's the wrap for allegedly ruining the Atlanta series because the show reached its commercial and pop cultural peak with her debut. Even though the foundation began with Phaedra and Marlo's wickedness.

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

It's not a bad thing, but Ramona is a hypocrite. In one breath, she makes it seem like she grew up in a trailer park in the middle of the woods with an abusive dad, but then says she grew up in a beautiful home. My parents help me out too, but they don't have $70,000 lying around for a business venture that wasn't guaranteed to succeed

Bethenny-on-Dry-Brushing-low.gif

I think she lived in a nice home but her father was hella abusive to her mom which is partially why Ramona has that frenetic twitch. 

I guess it's relative considering some parents pay for college and a first car so...

The issue with Erika is that she thinks that she is far more intelligent and insouciant than she actually is. This leaves her to get caught up with the bravado of pooling the wool over others eyes so to speak. It's why the Yolanda connection was believable as they are both delusional, manipulative and messy liars. I will say though that Erika's continual fumbling just reveals how other-worldly intelligent Lisa Vanderpump is as evidenced by everyone's reactions to her. And why her not being on a cast with other true heavyweights leads to the uneven tonal balance that is RHOBH.

I'm in the minority but this season of Beverly Hills has been majorly hit and miss to me. Many of the episodes feel like dry commercials for superior episodes to come. I will say that the group finally feels balanced because the women are equally yoked. The issue with prime Beverly Hills is Adrienne, LVP, Camille Grammer, and Yolanda had too much social power that you could feel their absence when they relied on the likes of Brandi, Taylor, and Kim to predictably self destruct. 

I think if the original cast had been LVP, Adrienne Maloof, Kathy Hilton, Camille Grammer, Yolanda Foster, Crystal Kung Minkoff, Sutton Stracke, and The Baroness Von Monica Van Neumann (or Brenda Richie) and the show would have went in a better direction.

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 hours ago, Alfred said:

There's a technical element of filming that makes watching this season particularly undesirable. Have y'all noticed how BH gets this fuzzy, glowing sheen? Everything is soft, well-lit, and warm colors. It also helps that a lot of scenes are shot in the day time, outside, or during golden hour. It's lush and pleasant to the eye... Whereas in NYC, they film a lot indoors, at night time, and in particularly low-lit settings, such as the Salem hotel, the weird tattoo restaurant, the Harlem dining room, and that other restaurant where Sonja freaked out about Chase vs Wells Fargo. Even the Hamptons/Sag Harbor was gloomy and overcast (which is common the East Coast). With that said, the camera cinematography itself (Idk if that's the right word) has a weird color balance; like it highlights all the red tones. We end up with a sharper, unflattering image - none of that soft fuzzy quality that BH gets. Even when the ladies are in full beat, they still look kinda rough. Do you know what I mean?? It only adds to the already weird cast dynamic and change in tone with ~too real~ conversations. In my opinion, it's an unseen element that's detracting from S13. Bravo actually started with it in S12, when Leah joined. If you go back and compare S11 to S12, the camera quality / style changed. Idk why.

I noticed too. It fits the NY mood though

6 minutes ago, Gangsta4alife said:

RHOA went dark circa to me season 4 when Phaedra opened the door of bringing on a cast member to rile up another one (Marlo as a pawn against Nene, since Phaedra's first attempt didn't work during season 3). The issue with Marlo outside of her criminal past and tacky fashions was she unnecessarily and in a coached manner riled up conflict. That South African fight with Sheree just felt too personal and really was a sign the lighter days of yesteryears were over. You could tell Marlo was laying it thick for the cameras and didn't authentically get along with anyone in the cast. That success trial run with Marlo (who was originally supposed to be a season 4 housewife but was demoted), truly opened the door for the caricature that became known as Kenya.

Kenya often get's the wrap for allegedly ruining the Atlanta series because the show reached its commercial and pop cultural peak with her debut. Even though the foundation began with Phaedra and Marlo's wickedness.

Educate them...yes it was season 3 Nene vs Kim started toeing the line but when Nene blew up and the girls (Phaedra/Sheree) brought on Marlo to go after Nene that's when it became too messy. Nene's success. Kim's song success shifted the dynamic and split the group up with Phaedra up in their throwing the rock then hiding her hand

3 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Bethenny and Ramonja are two sides of the same coin. They both heavily edit themselves on the show with Bethenny leaning into the faux self made business woman trope, juxtaposed with Ramona leaning into the "ramonacoaster" when it's obvious like Sonja she is acting up ridiculously for tv.

Ramona grew up wealthy and I believe she heavily exaggerates at the terror of her childhood as she well is not a reliable narrator. Bethenny to me is the even bigger liar like she just makes up **** and states it with such confidence people believe it. It reminds me when she lied about being so broke during her first tenure on the show. Despite living in the wealthy part of manhattan, dating a multi-millionaire at the time, admitting to growing up wealthy to the point she was networking with CEO's and VP's in her debut season, having friendships with the Hiltons etc.... Just a mess.....

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 minutes ago, Gangsta4alife said:

The issue with Erika is that she thinks that she is far more intelligent and insouciant than she actually is. This leaves her to get caught up with the bravado of pooling the wool over others eyes so to speak. It's why the Yolanda connection was believable as they are both delusional, manipulative and messy liars. I will say though that Erika's continual fumbling just reveals how other-worldly intelligent Lisa Vanderpump is as evidenced by everyone's reactions to her. And why her not being on a cast with other true heavyweights leads to the uneven tonal balance that is RHOBH.

I'm in the minority but this season of Beverly Hills has been majorly hit and miss to me. Many of the episodes feel like dry commercials for superior episodes to come. I will say that the group finally feels balanced because the women are equally yoked. The issue with prime Beverly Hills is Adrienne, LVP, Camille Grammer, and Yolanda had too much social power that you could feel their absence when they relied on the likes of Brandi, Taylor, and Kim to predictably self destruct. 

I think if the original cast had been LVP, Adrienne Maloof, Kathy Hilton, Camille Grammer, Yolanda Foster, Crystal Kung Minkoff, Sutton Stracke, and The Baroness Von Monica Van Neumann (or Brenda Richie) and the show would have went in a better direction.

Oh wow...wow bethenney wow.

58 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

I agree Porsha is poison in the water. Nobody truly ****s with her on a friendship level except Shamea and Drew thirsty ass. Even Marlo is done with the fakery. 

People get fooled by a big butt and a smile all of the time.

Porsha is a friend to the wrong people...

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, Gangsta4alife said:

Bethenny and Ramonja are two sides of the same coin. They both heavily edit themselves on the show with Bethenny leaning into the faux self made business woman trope, juxtaposed with Ramona leaning into the "ramonacoaster" when it's obvious like Sonja she is acting up ridiculously for tv.

Ramona grew up wealthy and I believe she heavily exaggerates at the terror of her childhood as she well is not a reliable narrator. Bethenny to me is the even bigger liar like she just makes up **** and states it with such confidence people believe it. It reminds me when she lied about being so broke during her first tenure on the show. Despite living in the wealthy part of manhattan, dating a multi-millionaire at the time, admitting to growing up wealthy to the point she was networking with CEO's and VP's in her debut season, having friendships with the Hiltons etc.... Just a mess.....

Ramona's mother was abused. You can see it in her eyes what she witnessed. I think she's exaggerating about everything else but the abuse I think she's actually underplaying that because it's too declasse for her mom to be a domestic violence victim so she just says her father "verbally" abused her mom and the family.

I doubt it just stopped at verbal.

Bethenney yes is her mother's daugther. She went to school with Kyle Richards and babysat the hilton girls taking them to school. Her father was one of those horse lackeys or whatever and I forget what her mother did but they were like the brokest hamptons family but they still had coin.

• #FreeBritney Activist

what the **** is up with Leahs wardrobe? It's ATROCIOUS.

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

I completely get what you mean.

Have you watched Made in Chelsea? They do a similar thing... they sometimes film in well lit places but even when they're in small bars in London or at night scenes, there's like some filter they use that makes every scene look bright, perfect, everyones skin looks amazing... it seems like a small thing but it really adds to the escapism aspect of these shows.

11 hours ago, Gangsta4alife said:

Yes! Phaedra really was playing a devious game from the beginning. Even Nene admitted at the s5 reunion Phaedra tried to film with her half sisters on the show to weaponize their family drama/rift. I think it’s unrealistic to expect a cast to keep brushing things off when it hits that deep. 

it’s very confusing to me the intense hate/criticism Kenya gets when other women on RHOA have done far far worse ethically/morally. 

Edited by Phobos

• #FreeBritney Activist
33 minutes ago, Phobos said:

Yes! Phaedra really was playing a devious game from the beginning. Even Nene admitted at the s5 reunion Phaedra tried to film with her half sisters on the show to weaponize their family drama/rift. I think it’s unrealistic to expect a cast to keep brushing things off when it hits that deep. 

it’s very confusing to me the intense hate/criticism Kenya gets when other women on RHOA have done far far worse ethically/morally. 

This is a woman who came in with Apollo an ACTUAL agreement/bought relationship pretending to be this southern belle when she was the brains behind the operation.

Listen to Apollo and that woman that wrote the book. Nary a brain cell in sight.

I respect Phaedra's carefulness to have her hands clean in it all, though. that's talent

HEY5V8p.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist

The most unforgivable thing Kenya did on RHOA was pull that chair from Kim Fields.

I cringed. Ugh...but Kenya did say flat out that Kim fields was classy for keeping her composure.

The horn was supposed to be directed at Nene who talks over people and Phaedra who was going to shade Kenya the most. But Nene and Phaedra used bobble headed Porsha to do their dirty work while they sat back and pretended to look unbothered. Porsha shaded Kenya 3 times before Kenya responded. Should have kept ignoring her.

• #FreeBritney Activist
9 hours ago, Million said:

I completely get what you mean.

Have you watched Made in Chelsea? They do a similar thing... they sometimes film in well lit places but even when they're in small bars in London or at night scenes, there's like some filter they use that makes every scene look bright, perfect, everyones skin looks amazing... it seems like a small thing but it really adds to the escapism aspect of these shows.

Yes!!! Couldn't agree more. It adds to the escapism for sure because it doesn't look TOO real, like the way a TLC reality show would be produced. I'll have to check out Made in Chelsea. Never heard of it!

I just finished RHOBH. Can someone tell me which franchises are worth watching / similarly entertaining? Thanks :)

17 minutes ago, KingB® said:

I just finished RHOBH. Can someone tell me which franchises are worth watching / similarly entertaining? Thanks :)

RHOA is the next best franchise :supaspaz:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, KingB® said:

NYC. I binged it last year during the pandemic and it's endlessly entertaining. ATL too, which I've yet to see all of!