The Real Housewives: RHONY Reunion Cancelled!

boys

5 minutes ago, boys said:

I'll probably never be that interested in RHONY again until either Sonja/Ramona are both gone or they bring in 2/3 highly entertaining level headed people to counter their ignorance/drunken shenanigans to put them in their place

Like a bethenny 

giphy.gif

• Replies 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kgeezy310

• slw84

• ShouldersSideways

• boys

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheEmancipation said:

Like a bethenny 

giphy.gif

Maybe as Housewives fans we should learn to let the past go and accept the only way these shows can survive is if we - and Bravo - move on

giphy.gif

Or maybe we should accept Housewives as a series is dying. There's no ground left to cover.  They've done it all.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Or maybe we should accept Housewives as a series is dying. There's no ground left to cover.  They've done it all.

giphy.gif

tbh this. im only a RHONY loyalist at this point and it's because of the retention of OGs and an (admittedly decaying) formula that still makes me laugh, cuz RHONYs not really "real" drama heavy (hasn't been in a while anyway except for a few moments each season)

like we're never gonna get anything as iconic as the table flip, the "go to bed, wig", the never, ever, being a lady no matter how many Chanels you borrow from Housewives at this point .... I think a lot of people just watch at this point bc its been a part of their lives for so long, I don't see the housewives franchise picking up any new fans in the next couple of years ... everyone who would really find the value in it already likes it

Luann, Ramona and Sonja, and even Dorinda, have been excellent cast members for so many years. But this season has been enough for me. New York needs and entire new cast. One drunken blowup is enough per season, we don’t need one every episode. 

Maybe build the new cast around Jill ? :gaycat5:

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The real crime here is that in just one year RHONY has lost 3 dynamic women (YES, EVEN TINSLEY WAS A GREAT HOUSEWIFE FIGHT ME) while RHOBH has remained intact for years beyond what is necessary.

!!

The way Ramona has survived:

Jill

Alex

Bethenny

Kelly

Cindy

Carole

Heather

Aviva

Kristen

Dorinda

Jules

Tinsley

Horrible woman, but a Housewives LEGEND

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The way Ramona has survived:

Jill

Alex

Bethenny

Kelly

Cindy

Carole

Heather

Aviva

Kristen

Dorinda

Jules

Tinsley

Horrible woman, but a Housewives LEGEND

Ramona Has The Receipts: 'Real Housewives Of New York' Reunion ...

3 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Maybe as Housewives fans we should learn to let the past go and accept the only way these shows can survive is if we - and Bravo - move on

giphy.gif

@ this every time fans keep begging for Fraudra to return to Atlanta.

giphy.gif

Jill is never coming back, she's filmed for both of the past 2 seasons and been almost entirely cut out. Production hates her even if Andy will toss her a few WWHL appearances every now and then to shut people up.

I'm of the opinion that NY doesn't really have any Housewives other than Bethenny that production is eager to bring back. I could see Dorinda maybe coming back after some time away down the line, but that is pretty much it and probably not even her.

1 hour ago, M A R C said:

@ this every time fans keep begging for Fraudra to return to Atlanta.

giphy.gif

this.  these **** need to get it thru their heads that JILL IS NOT EVER COMING BACK

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/25/dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-for-being-a-mean-drunk/?utm_campaign=iphone_p6&utm_source=message_app

This is so bad :skull: The fact she was in the middle of shooting a gameshow... can't wait for that to air :deadbanana: 

But Page Six is told that Dorinda Medley was indeed fired from the “The Real Housewives of New York City” because she’d become a “mean drunk” on the show. (The source meant that Medley would become mean when drunk, not that she had become “a drunk.”)

We’re told that Medley was “blindsided” by the news that she’d been dropped by the Bravo show after six seasons. She’d been filming an episode of ABC’s “The $100,000 Pyramid” when she got the call.

Meanwhile, sauced sources tell Page Six that Medley — who, for example, repeatedly made fun of Luann de Lesseps for her alcohol-involved arrest — surprised her co-stars by failing to acknowledge that she had been stepping over the line.

“If she’d have said [at the end of the season], ‘Look — I’ve been depressed and that’s why I’m acting like this,’ or, ‘I miss my [husband Richard, who died in 2011],’ and said she’d work on it, I think it would have been different,” said a source.

16 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/25/dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-for-being-a-mean-drunk/?utm_campaign=iphone_p6&utm_source=message_app

This is so bad :skull: The fact she was in the middle of shooting a gameshow... can't wait for that to air :deadbanana: 

Yeah this feels kind of like Jill leaving after season 4, all the circumstances around her got so toxic that the thought of moving forward with nothing resolved just didn't make sense. It's a shame, because Dorinda had such a great run overall, which I think made watching her this season even harder.

1 hour ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Yeah this feels kind of like Jill leaving after season 4, all the circumstances around her got so toxic that the thought of moving forward with nothing resolved just didn't make sense. It's a shame, because Dorinda had such a great run overall, which I think made watching her this season even harder.

Her descent has been sad to watch. Knowing she could've avoided all this with a little humility makes it worse.

Dreading the reunion and how she's gonna treat Tinsley tbh 

ramona is a monster, probably the most rotten-on-the-inside housewife of all time after vicki gunvalson/tamrat, but she's my GOAT and i am endlessly entertained by her. i want to watch her on tv til she croaks. 

Dorinda is the most entertaining on the show! What are they thinking? :oxygen2: 

If dated dusty crusty listless great great grandmother romana with her sun and water damaged skin is still there with her middle aged spread gut I'm gonna be mad. Put her down she's lived long enough. 

14 hours ago, qurl said:

like we're never gonna get anything as iconic as the table flip, the "go to bed, wig", the never, ever, being a lady no matter how many Chanels you borrow from Housewives at this point .... I think a lot of people just watch at this point bc its been a part of their lives for so long, I don't see the housewives franchise picking up any new fans in the next couple of years ... everyone who would really find the value in it already likes it

I think this also, but I was surprised how many new fans/causal viewers RHONY picked up this year out of my millennial friends/ socials/ TL (basically all RHOBH stans), especially with Leah. I just checked and I have like 3-4x more mutual followers with Leah than Dorinda, Sonja, and Ramona :rip: Plus Hurricane Leah has by far the highest ratings of the season, and the Tiki Torches episode was like 2nd-3rd. I'm sure the producers are looking at ratings dropping across all franchises and I wouldn't be surprised if they see this as their Hail Mary to get a fresh wind into RHONY. 

I mean I could literally watch Ramona, Sonja, Luann, and Dorinda (and Leah ofc) to the end time (I loved this), but I get how niche that market is and it's not really sustainable. I don't think they should cut Ramona or Sonja quite yet because they are pretty dynamic, as opposed to Dorinda who was clearly going to hold the show back :rip:

mess: just read that pagesix 

She’d become “a mean drunk,” said the insider. “That’s just not where they want the show to go.”

The source said that execs didn’t want another season of Medley’s abrasive behavior and decided to look for a new co-star instead.

Exactly

Edited by Mitchell

I won't miss Dorindon't. Watching the flip-flopping between the Upper East Side dowager socialite she likes to play and the ugly sloppy barfly she actually is was getting more exhausting every episode. I want someone with Bethenny's sense of humor and restraint with substances but Luann's penchant for the grandiose.

16 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-10/episode-1016/videos/lisa-rinna-catches-denise

Bravo hates Denise :skull: The title of tonight's preview being "Lisa Rinna catches Denise in a Big Lie" :skull: I feel like there's a 95% chance she's out

This is production's last stab at getting the public off the Denise train :priceless: