The Real Housewives: Heather Dubrow IN! Covid Dodd OUT!

55 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Well, if it's a safety risk and the attacker doesn't even feel they were wrong it's easy for Candice at minimum to justify not filming with Monique

I'm not sure I care what any of us believe because Gizelle and Bravo have said there was no scenes bringing up the paternity of the baby. Unless, there is a reveal in part 3 showing Gizelle bringing up the paternity of the baby then i'm going to go with what we received. Paternity was NEVER addressed until AFTER Monique had to defend talking to Gizelle about why Charisse had her so shook knowing the fight would air in the oncoming episodes.

I do agree. I wish Porsha/Kenya; Monique and Gizelle could be cool but there's no resolution in either case. Porsha needed to just say the TRUTH; 
Yes we were building a friendship and i assumed you'd be nice to my face and talk crap in confessionals so I did it so I wouldn't look played. turns out: You only made 1 shady comment about Dennis and doggystyle and I made 7 jabs and i didn't really mean it. I'm sorry. THAT would have been a great resolution for the reunion. Instead, porsha turned it into we were both shading each other...similarly, Monique is aggressive and childish for her age too. All she had to do was sincerely apologize about bringing Kyndall on to spread gossip on Sherman to hurt Gizelle. Gizelle will always have fun with a bad rumor about Gizelle until she gets an apology for that horrible backfired plot.

It's not a slippery slope:

Majority of the cast did NOT hate Kenya. They didn't like her but since she didn't do anything to Kandi, Cynthia or Nene they can't justify her dramatic crazy antics against Phaedra to mean much. The bad precedence is allowing people to get away with things that are fireable offenses. The precedence shows that if Monique is allowed to lose her cool and get violent and threaten people multiple times and keep a flute then we shouldn't worry if we lose control and do the same thing. THAT is the actual slippery slope. When they allowed Porsha to continuously get away with fireable offenses RHOA turned into love and hip hop atlanta housewives. RHOP can easily turn into love and hip hop Potomac if they show that it is ok to threaten, get physical then create a diss track and breach your contract to lie to blogs to get ahead of a story...not own up to your mistake correctly and then get rewarded. That is a true slippery slope

Well i agree that reality tv is NOT scripted. It is essentially a social experiment where you put people in positions they'd normally avoid. Add alcohol and producers feedback on your performance and then there is a reperformance.

a 3 minute clip of an argument can last 45 minutes and that includes rehashing it again in between production's feedback.

I don't think you get the point. When Vicki had the Brooks cancer scandal almost NO one wanted to film with her. She didn't do anything against those cast members she just was a bad look. Refusing to film with Vicki because she did something bad which drove ratings unlike RHOP which couldn't even get the fight or the binder to be the top viewed episode of the season is not the same as someone breaching their contract to tell a false version of what will air a year later, attack someone who didn't do anything deserving of an attack, threaten her, chase after her, not own up to any remorse until in a staged scene with her pastor and then creates a diss song and binder to deflect from her actions. In a reunion where there is supposed to be resolution, we have none. This is not the same as Vicki apologizing to her cast and saying she lost a lot of trust with them but will work to build it back. There is forward movement. Where is the forward movement in RHOP now?

I won't even comment and your probability exception on physical violence towards women. I can't even believe you are justifying that.

what would be the point of simulating remorse when loud mouth candiace will not be satisfied until Monique’s head is on a pike?

i see so many comments in this thread about Monique’s lack of remorse but candiaces mouth and level of vitriol (the exact behavior that prompted the fight) has yet to cease. So at this point, both women in my opinion have double downed on their POVs. 

furthermore, candiace went on her IG live once and said she wanted Monique to have to explain to her children why she was going to jail. She wanted the satisfaction of stripping a mother away from her children. That level of vindictiveness wouldn’t warrant remorse from the average person.... let alone someone whose living their life publicly in front of millions of viewers. Candiace acted so shocked that Monique counter sued? Was she supposed to roll over and play dead and allow the legal ramifications to work themselves out? Not when Candiace is conflating proper accountability with direct impact on Monique’s children... the subject of which was the impetus of the entire tension/fight between the two. 

Lastly, Monique didn’t address candiace once this reunion. Just Gizelle so far. Candiace is the one who’s been nipping at the bud for a reaction, jumping in and weighing in on subject matters that have absolutely nothing to do with her — simply to get in a war of words with Monique. 

Edited by Phobos
  • Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boys

• slw84

• kgeezy310

• ShouldersSideways

Top Posters In This Topic

• #FreeBritney Activist
12 minutes ago, Phobos said:

I do not support violence against women or champion it. What I am however is a realistic and can acknowledge how reality tv under the wrong circumstance can precipitate violence. 
So It wasn’t an excusal. You acknowledged that reality tv is a social experiment. It is abnormal to put people who do not like each other in close quarters consistently and have them tear each other down on a platform in front of millions. It creates a dynamic of tit for tat and oneupmanship. Couple this with the wrong combination of personalities and the right heated moment — A physical altercation  is a probable outcome regardless of gender, race, age etc. Otherwise it wouldn’t have happened on nearly every single franchise (or reality tv show for that matter). It’s not an endorsement. It’s just objective fact. 

Having candice apologize for inviting Charisse (as if that is worth an apology), apologize for leaving Monique out of a conversation that even Robyn was left out of as Gizelle and Ashley discuss Michael's pic, walking away from Monique bringing up mess again then being at a winery where things are going well and Ashley stirs the pot to which Candice still isn't taking jabs (verbally) and Monique takes the first jab verbally is not  a circumstance that needed to result in a physical fight and by that point it was clear that Monique just wanted to fight Candice. 

A social experiment does not equate to physical violence being acceptable. It can equate to love, to arguments, to miscommunication but should not translate into physical violence and threats.

The wrong combo of personalities have gotten into it but there had to be a resolution.

So we have a fight, a denial of initiating the fight, a breach of contract to control the narrative, the truth being revealed, still no remorse and still no resolution...unless you believe things will be resolved in part 3...multiple cast members have already confirmed that didn't happen. So where do you move forward??? It's already bad enough that it got that bad but how do you move forward when the person responsible is not going to take the blame for attacking someone. That is going to be a problem Bravo/production will have to resolve since it isn't going to take place at the reunion (where it should).

• #FreeBritney Activist
8 minutes ago, Phobos said:

what would be the point of simulating remorse when loud mouth candiace will not be satisfied until Monique’s head is on a pike?

i see so many comments in this thread about Monique’s lack of remorse but candiaces mouth and level of vitriol (the exact behavior that prompted the fight) has ceased. So at this point both women in my opinion have double downed on their POVs. 

furthermore, candiace went on her IG live once and said she wanted Monique to have to explain to her children why she was going to jail. She wanted the satisfaction of stripping a mother away from her children. That level of vindictiveness wouldn’t warrant remorse from the average person.... let alone someone whose living their life publicly in front of millions of viewers. Candiace acted so shocked that Monique counter sued? Was she supposed to roll over and play dead and allow the legal ramifications work themselves out? Not when Candiace is conflating proper accountability with direct impact on Monique’s children... the subject of which was the impetus of the entire tension/fight. 

Lastly, Monique didn’t address candiace this reunion. Just Gizelle so far. Candiace is the one who’s been nipping at the bud for a reaction, jumping in and weighing in on subject matters that have absolutely nothing to do with her. 

Your first sentence gave it away.

You simply don't seem to get that Candice spent the entire season starting with majority trying to ice her out. she moved correctly apologized multiple times, walked away at yet another attempt to get into it and then finally an attack.

After the attack, her attacker didn't apologize or have remorse. Instead, she leaked a false spin to the blogs to paint the victim as the villain.

She had time throughout the season before Candice pressed charges (candice gave her time) and she didn't do the right thing.

Now the monique stans are calling candice loud mouth as a deflection as if the person's reaction is supposed to determine your actions/conflict resolution.

You don't get to tell someone how to receive conflict resolution but you still should resolve conflict. Using how Candice's personality is has nothing to do with what Monique is supposed to do on her end.

And her stans are just going to blame Candice for the fight as if Ashley didn't instigate the fight and Monique didn't take the first verbal jab taking a shot at Candice. Revisionist historians are the worse. Candice had an opportunity to take a shot instead she was all fake nice: Oh I love everyone blah blah blah. Monique takes a shot and now "candice the one that started the fight".

You can use Candice's mouth as an excuse to justify the bad actions of another grown woman who is 37 but it's not going to work.

Coming up with but candice is like this (as if Monique didn't threaten to drag candice pregnant and all and then say she was going to throw a water bottle at her knowing Candice wasn't going to be able to fight a pregnant woman on camera defeats any point you are trying to make. This doesn't include her threatening to punch Gizelle while in her own house or threatening Robyn with an umbrella- these excuses to paint candice as a villain are laughable) and what about isms isn't going to change the fact that Monique should not have physically attacked Candice and then shown no remorse. PERIOD. FULL STOP.

attempting to talk about IG lives and bringing up children (this didn't air on one episode of season 5) it didn't get brought up until Monique went on IG live to use it as a deflection point to  justify her bad behavior of fighting and poor decision making of filming a scene with gizelle to discuss why she was so shook by Charisse's presence.

So yeah...I hope Bravo and production have a plan so we don't end up with RHOA season 4 because that was a sharp decline (kim and nene not filming together dividing the cast into smalls vs talls) and luckily Kenya came in the next season to save it.

5ga3s67.gif

Gangsta4alife

Last comment on candiace before pivoting to another talking point in this thread. I'm just surprised a journalism major, pageant queen, a former worker for the obama administration, and a MBA pursuer has such a poor public reception. It's just insane to have that level of dislike when you have every tool in your arsenal to easily curtail the public to your side.

Anyways, what do you think will be the quality outcome of the upcoming beverly hills and nyc seasons?

16 minutes ago, Gangsta4alife said:

Last comment on candiace before pivoting to another talking point in this thread. I'm just surprised a journalism major, pageant queen, a former worker for the obama administration, and a MBA pursuer has such a poor public reception. It's just insane to have that level of dislike when you have every tool in your arsenal to easily curtail the public to your side.

Anyways, what do you think will be the quality outcome of the upcoming beverly hills and nyc seasons?

If NYC comes back with the same drunken embarrassing women episodes I'll tune out just like I did last season. Curious to see how the new women do in the circle and Heather being sane should create conflict naturally.

Beverly Hills well.. I can only hope they drill Erika like all of them ganged up on Denise for something thats ACTUALLY scandalous. If not its going to be lame af.

5 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

Shocked by how many people are team Monique. The issue isn’t just violence. What else did she give us this season? T’challa & her MLM? Candiace keeps growing & plays well with the other women while Monique’s stagnant & widely disliked. They all hated her birthday trip. It makes entertaining TV but it’s baffling that they’re bringing back somebody who is a thorn in everybody’s side. Even Danielle Staub knew when to walk. Is she that desperate for a cheque?

Right :rip: I don't care about the fight anymore at all, but Candiace has always been more interesting. Love her or hate her.

30 minutes ago, boys said:

If NYC comes back with the same drunken embarrassing women episodes I'll tune out just like I did last season. Curious to see how the new women do in the circle and Heather being sane should create conflict naturally.

Beverly Hills well.. I can only hope they drill Erika like all of them ganged up on Denise for something thats ACTUALLY scandalous. If not its going to be lame af.

Those women are scared of Erika and won't even think about it. Garcelle would be the only one big enough to drill her. It would be interesting to see Rinna mess up yet another friendship and come for Erika. 

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Your first sentence gave it away.

You simply don't seem to get that Candice spent the entire season starting with majority trying to ice her out. she moved correctly apologized multiple times, walked away at yet another attempt to get into it and then finally an attack.

After the attack, her attacker didn't apologize or have remorse. Instead, she leaked a false spin to the blogs to paint the victim as the villain.

She had time throughout the season before Candice pressed charges (candice gave her time) and she didn't do the right thing.

Now the monique stans are calling candice loud mouth as a deflection as if the person's reaction is supposed to determine your actions/conflict resolution.

You don't get to tell someone how to receive conflict resolution but you still should resolve conflict. Using how Candice's personality is has nothing to do with what Monique is supposed to do on her end.

And her stans are just going to blame Candice for the fight as if Ashley didn't instigate the fight and Monique didn't take the first verbal jab taking a shot at Candice. Revisionist historians are the worse. Candice had an opportunity to take a shot instead she was all fake nice: Oh I love everyone blah blah blah. Monique takes a shot and now "candice the one that started the fight".

You can use Candice's mouth as an excuse to justify the bad actions of another grown woman who is 37 but it's not going to work.

Coming up with but candice is like this (as if Monique didn't threaten to drag candice pregnant and all and then say she was going to throw a water bottle at her knowing Candice wasn't going to be able to fight a pregnant woman on camera defeats any point you are trying to make. This doesn't include her threatening to punch Gizelle while in her own house or threatening Robyn with an umbrella- these excuses to paint candice as a villain are laughable) and what about isms isn't going to change the fact that Monique should not have physically attacked Candice and then shown no remorse. PERIOD. FULL STOP.

attempting to talk about IG lives and bringing up children (this didn't air on one episode of season 5) it didn't get brought up until Monique went on IG live to use it as a deflection point to  justify her bad behavior of fighting and poor decision making of filming a scene with gizelle to discuss why she was so shook by Charisse's presence.

So yeah...I hope Bravo and production have a plan so we don't end up with RHOA season 4 because that was a sharp decline (kim and nene not filming together dividing the cast into smalls vs talls) and luckily Kenya came in the next season to save it.

5ga3s67.gif

I remember Monique posting a screenshot of an email her legal team sent to Candiace’s legal team (prior to Candiace going to the court to press charges) requesting that both parties have a sit down...and Candiace’s team declined 

• #FreeBritney Activist

BH better bring it because THIS is the time to be the true flagship they always wanted to be

NXBkF9r.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, abc1990 said:

I remember Monique posting a screenshot of an email her legal team sent to Candiace’s legal team (prior to Candiace going to the court to press charges) requesting that both parties have a sit down...and Candiace’s team declined 

Is that supposed to prove anything? Candice actually addressed that, too?

and once again this is stated without using a proper timeline. Candice waited time to press charges to give Monique the opportunity to have a real conversation and Monique did not do anything. After a scene guess who ran back to her to discuss what Candice was feeling. Monique's lawyers did what they were paid to do...I don't blame them

uoR54ba.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
19 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

Those women are scared of Erika and won't even think about it. Garcelle would be the only one big enough to drill her. It would be interesting to see Rinna mess up yet another friendship and come for Erika. 

kyle has Erika in line.

Rinna is actually scared of her and she's the one that has no problem making people "own it" so it's time she gives erika the SAME energy

uoR54ba.gif

4 hours ago, Gangsta4alife said:

I don't believe she understands the concept of "perception is reality".

51 minutes ago, abc1990 said:

I don’t know how accurate B. Scott’s tea is, but apparently Wendy wasn’t asked back for season 6

Well she said Eva read Nene at the reunion and we know that was a lie

7 hours ago, boys said:

:clap3:

So happy this blew up the way it did. Probably my fave Nene scene (with a shout out to Nene visiting Kenya's 'new' apartment in S6).

I dont see them firing Wendy anytime soon, the producers obviously love her, she brings a fresh perspective to the show and she doesnt just elevate RHOP with her status but the entire housewives franchise

Bravo likes women with achievements and connections, even if they don't provide much drama: Garcelle, Kandi and Denise.

10 hours ago, éclat said:

Gizelle, Robyn and Candiace will be out for blood next season Mo better walk away. 

Well.. Candiace is too traumatized to be in a scene with Monique so we will never see them arguing because she says she won’t ever do that.

Monique has handled both Gizelle and Robyn easily so I don’t see why she would be frightened by them.

39 minutes ago, boys said:

Well.. Candiace is too traumatized to be in a scene with Monique so we will never see them arguing because she says she won’t ever do that.

Monique has handled both Gizelle and Robyn easily so I don’t see why she would be frightened by them.

It’s more what they can do behind the scenes, like with the baby/trainer rumours. Gizelle is evil she’s gonna want revenge. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
13 hours ago, abc1990 said:

I don’t know how accurate B. Scott’s tea is, but apparently Wendy wasn’t asked back for season 6

Usually he's accurate but mainly with RHOA stuff. Whenever he is off it's usually with other franchises.

Wendy seems to deny the Mediatakeout story is legit and imply she has a contract. Hmm.

9 hours ago, Tena said:

I dont see them firing Wendy anytime soon, the producers obviously love her, she brings a fresh perspective to the show and she doesnt just elevate RHOP with her status but the entire housewives franchise

Bravo likes women with achievements and connections, even if they don't provide much drama: Garcelle, Kandi and Denise.

Apparently Wendy has made a statement about it denying the Mediatakeout story.

6ya201b.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, boys said:

your description might fit Karen and even then I wouldn't agree but Karen hasn't cheapened the day by holding an umbrella to another cast members neck or constantly gone after another cast member's men because they can't go after them directly...that ain't handling easily. 

11 hours ago, éclat said:

Gizelle, Robyn and Candiace will be out for blood next season Mo better walk away. 

It would be dumb strategy to do that.

6ya201b.gif