Billboard: Joanne passes 500k in pure sales

Metamorphosis

58 minutes ago, pieuxvu said:

Because they think that their fave is doing better ( it's not true though).

How is Rihanna not doing better than Lady Gaga :ahh:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metamorphosis

• perfectillusion

• Mystic Boy

• lonnie

I LOVE how haters are getting MAD :ahh:

I can show countless of threads where nobody expected her  to pass the 300.000 copies sold....I'm so glad she passed this symbollic mark , it's really good considering the ignorance from radios and haters know that...

Why are Rihanna fans flooding this thread? Are they mad cause Gaga sold nearly the same without the huge radio support and 9 weeks #1 hits? :rip:

11 hours ago, robotdanger said:

And is a platinum certified smash. Your point?

I mean, she could've easily given away 1,000,000 copies of her album like a certain someone did, if you want to talk discounts.

FFkYobw.gif

The Clapback :clap3:

FFkYobw.gif

OT: Keep it cute navy's 

Edited by Yog

8 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

"A few"? 24K Magic did, Starboy did, Hardwire To Self Destruction did, Hamilton Soundtrack did, Trolls Soundtrack did, Drake did, Sheeran did, Beyonce did, Panic! At The Disco did, etc... So, yeah, not really "impressive" for Joanne at all.

:rip:

11 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

That Gaga took almost a year to reach 500k when she should've done it earlier 

"Almost a year?"

Joanne came out 5 months ago. At least get your facts straight before you attempt throw shade. :rip:

1 hour ago, Mystic Boy said:

I can show countless of threads where nobody expected her  to pass the 300.000 copies sold....I'm so glad she passed this symbollic mark , it's really good considering the ignorance from radios and haters know that...

Why are Rihanna fans flooding this thread? Are they mad cause Gaga sold nearly the same without the huge radio support and 9 weeks #1 hits? :rip:

lowering your standards to a pathetic level just so you can say she "slayed" isnt really slaying in my book.

js.

FFkYobw.gif

and before you bring up anti, that was an atypical release, and it still did great

FFkYobw.gif

Yea don't know why Rihanna was brought up in here. She outsold Joanne Lolz 

I could be wrong. But I'm not.

Edited by Bey_Rihstan

1 hour ago, Mystic Boy said:

!!

I mean there were girls who were kiiing and cackling cuz Joanne wasn't even gonna sell 100K WW in its 1st week.

And now that it outdid everyone's expectations, they wanna act brand new. lmao

No but honestly good for Gaga. I didn't expect her to turn this era around

12 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

645k is great for an album that was only promoted at BBMAs (May) & VMAs (August), never discounted and given away 1M times for free (and a streaming monster)

it was released in january last year so if u call 500k for an album in october tragic then 645k is tragic too .. and dont put up all those excuses no one cares if it was given for free.. people would have downloaded for free if they wanted from other sources 

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

"Almost a year?"

Joanne came out 5 months ago. At least get your facts straight before you attempt throw shade. :rip:

seems like they didnt learn maths at school.. 5 months is the new 1 year... lol

10 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Yea don't know why Rihanna was brought up in here. She outsold Joanne Lolz 

I could be wrong. But I'm not.

You're not. She did...which is why the back and forth is null & void. Until she outsells Rihanna there's literally NOTHING to talk about (IF it ever happens. Theres about a 2k difference in weekly sales currently ) 

But I will say it's hilarious to see Monsters one minute claim Million Reasons is a hit song then the next claim Joanee sold so well with no hits. :skull: 

Edited by BajanBeauty

Why is Anti being brought up as if it's not more successful by a long shot? Anti has three top ten singles and has sold 645k despite being given away along with nearly 2B streams without discounting a single or the album. ? Not to mention Gaga has performed at an event viewed by more than 100M people and then the Grammy awards the following week on top of countless discounts. Congrats to Gaga but I'm just not getting why anybody in this thread is trying to downplay the success of Anti especially in comparison to Joanne which is selling nearly the same amount of copies each week despite being released nearly nine months after Anti which most of you keep bringing up making this look even worse :confused:

12 minutes ago, Plastik said:

lowering your standards to a pathetic level just so you can say she "slayed" isnt really slaying in my book.

js.

FFkYobw.gif

and before you bring up anti, that was an atypical release, and it still did great

FFkYobw.gif

No, you just didnt get my point but it's ok :clown:

I'm talking about haterss like you seething left and right cause she outdid all your expectations :cm:

Just now, FentyxTesfaye said:

Why is Anti being brought up as if it's not more successful by a long shot? Anti has three top ten singles and has sold 645k 

That's the whole point, :laugh: selling ONLY that :laugh:

Also many Gaga stans on ATRL constantly tried to act like Anti's numbers were horrid but suddenly 500k is amazing for Gaga? Make up your mind. 

Just now, Mystic Boy said:

Selling ONLY 500k copies of your album when you've constantly discounted it and performed in front of an audience of 100M is no better, this shade is null & void until it surpasses Anti in sales with its countless discounts.:dies:

3 minutes ago, FentyxTesfaye said:

Selling ONLY 500k copies of your album when you've constantly discounted it and performed in front of an audience of 100M is no better, this shade is null & void until it surpasses Anti in sales with its countless discounts.:dies:

The album was discounted for like two weeks. Let's chill

3 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

how is having 3 hit singles a bad thing? gaga needed to discount one song for 20 weeks and perform it in front of 117m americans to get it to the top 10 for *1* week :deadbanana2:

22 minutes ago, Plastik said:

how is having 3 hit singles a bad thing? gaga needed to discount one song for 20 weeks and perform it in front of 117m americans to get it to the top 10 for *1* week :deadbanana2:

Exactly. She barely had a hit until now, yet sold 500k. Rihanna had as always great radio support and basically sold just as much

39 minutes ago, Plastik said:

Liessssz 

If Rihanna is so much better then why is her Navy hating for? And yes you are hating on Gaga's success. That's your whole point being in this thread. 

I thought it wouldn't cross the 500k barrier when it was released, so congrats Gaga!

"Considering she had NO promo". 

Oh really....

giphy.gif