• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xBoySelenatorx

• Sabbath

• luckystrike

• Yvess

I'm not sure how the bottom 2 will be determined and why one of the judges score is still blank..

"My entry for this first round is “The Show Must Go On”, the closing song for Queen’s last album while Freddie Mercury was alive, “Innuendo” and personally, one of my all time favorite Queen songs. 

“The Show Must Go On” serves as a powerful final goodbye as it was recorded while Freddie was battling with HIV/AIDS and his severe symptoms made the recording for the entire album very difficult.

"I'll face it with a grin. I'm never giving in. On with the show!” Even during this difficult time, Freddie Mercury will finish the song and “****ing do it, darling”. A middle finger to death and a testament to Queen's passion for their craft, if you ask me."

The Show Must Go On - Queen ( @Sabbath )

NLTM

Spoiler

I won't have chosen this song but it's still a pretty nice choice. The lyrical content and background vocals tied with the production of this are the standout factors on this song for me.

Score: 8           

Yvess

Spoiler

showsTOPper! i love the energy and the meaning of the song!

Score: 10

Speezy

Spoiler

The song was nostalgic and everything was really good

Score: ?

xBoyx

Spoiler

This is not my type of music but wow! The raw power and emotion behind the song is amazing. Now this is an introduction to the artist.

2 minutes ago, fiercE said:

I'm not sure how the bottom 2 will be determined and why one of the judges score is still blank..

The bottom will be determined by the lowest scores.

One is blank because it's a secret vote and will be revealed after all submissions have been posted. Just for fun and tension :eli:

"#ChildhoodTingz"

The Climb - Miley Cyrus ( @Touch It )

NLTM

Spoiler

Iconic song, reminds me so much of my childhood and one of her best indeed. It has a lot of emotion and I love that. 

Score: 9

Yvess

Spoiler

my hannah montana card is renewed since On A Roll was released to YT and ikoons so this is a great choice. Kidding aside, i love the inspirational vibe of this track and it showcases Miley's strong vocals too. 

Speezy

Spoiler

The climb is very cute and reminds me of some of my faves songs. Her vocals WERE NOT the tea though

xBoyx

Spoiler

This is such a nostalgic sounds. I think the production feels like it's a bit lackluster, too noisy. In this case however, the rawness of it kind of helps it.

Update 3 - 5 to go :gaycat5:

Spoiler

Artist Song xBoyx Speezy Yvess NLTM Total
Mariah Carey Fantasy 10 ? 10 10 30
Queen The Show Must Go On 10 ? 10 8 28
Janet Jackson Lonely 8 ? 10 9 27
Ellie Goulding Anything Could Happen 9 ? 9 8 26
Ariana Grande Into You 8 ? 9 9 26
Miley Cyrus The Climb 8 ? 9 9 26
Rihanna Kiss It Better 9 ? 6 10 25
Years & Years King 7 ? 10 8 25
Taylor Swift Getaway Car 8 ? 7 8 23
Mans Zelmerlow Cara Mia 6 ? 7 7 20

16 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

I won't have chosen this song but it's still a pretty nice choice.

Out of curiosity, which one would you have chosen @Not Like The Movies? Cause I was between a good 5-7 songs :deadbanana2:

16 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

The lyrical content 

and background vocals

tied with the production of this

are the standout factors on this song for me.

?

what's missing sdjkfsfklfgd

"Risks pays off"

Midnight Sun - TinashE ( @EriKills )

NLTM

Spoiler

I love that you went with a song from Black Water and not one of her singles because it shows risk and IMO it paid off because this song is amazing, the lyrics, production and overall vibe of this song is really flawless. The outro is everything

Yvess

Spoiler

i like the interesting choice, this is truly her eryka badu moment imo. I love the earthly vibe and the lyrics is so nice.

Speezy

Spoiler

The song Midnight Sun is very vibey and chill but its not her best vibey/chill track

xBoyx

Spoiler

This is so chill, I like it a lot. Decent production with great lyrics.

2 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

Out of curiosity, which one would you have chosen @Not Like The Movies? Cause I was between a good 5-7 songs :deadbanana2:

?

did it hit #1? skfnsshfj

3 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

did it hit #1? skfnsshfj

f6IZ94i.gif

7 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

TinashE

Nnnn

giphy.gif

(also ty judges for the scores :jonny5: :heart2: )

Edited by EriKills

"Needs more recognition"

Love is Alive - Lea Michele ( @Lukey )

NLTM

Spoiler

: I have never heard this song before and I know her from Glee and Scream Queens. But I have to say, wowww! Those vocals are heavenly, a great song choice to present to a new listener! Very talented vocalist! Slay sis!

Yvess

Spoiler

Cute song choice. I love her diva-esque voice and takes on most of her songs. This is a complete example of that imo. 

Speezy

Spoiler

Very raw and powerful. It's soo soothing!

xBoyx

Spoiler

Not once have I heard a song from Lea but i can tell you one thing, this is something i wasn't expecting tbh. Her voice sounds really nice. I totally picture her voicing and singing as a Disney princess. Powerful.

"Vroom Vroom bitch"

Off To The Races - Lana Del Rey ( @nina_ )

NLTM

Spoiler

Exceptional choice, so glad you submitted this! This song is flawfree as we all know! The mood, the production, the lyrics,her vocal delivery, everything about it is perfection.

Yvess

Spoiler

Queen of alternative and not giving a fvckk. I liked it but not crazy in love with it. 

Speezy

Spoiler

This song was above the average Lana songs Ive heard, its very chill and upbeat at the same time. 

xBoyx

Spoiler

Well this is a choice. I had to make sure I wasn't listening to a bootleg version and clicked another one and it was the same. The chorus is great but the verses are.. :huh: I get it but I think the noisy fans in the background are distracting,

Score: 6

24 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

?

It's a good song but it was just never my fav song by Queen because imo the band has better and I compared it to the other songs I was scoring. I should have said that in my critique. I personally would have preferred Dont Stop Me Now or Somebody to Love :worship2:.

"Bless you!"

Partition - Beyonce ( @mokitsu )

NLTM

Spoiler

B*TCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UGH! Phenomenal entry! Some of you girls really coming for blood already! Every possible aspect of this song is absolutely faultless and the inclusion of the French also enhances the song effectively. A stanning today!

Yvess

Spoiler

now i know, you may had a hard time choosing coz she has tons of great songs, going with this song is never wrong! i see why a lot of her fans loves this song, im letting it grow on me even years after hearing it. :-*

Speezy

Spoiler

Okay Partition is good only after the breakdown. I really dont like the forced accent/enunciation of words on the track.

xBoyx

Spoiler

Sex me up! The french is so sexy. This song is such a bop but some of it can be better.

Last but certainly not least:

"ICONIC"

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga ( @Noah )

NLTM

Spoiler

A bit predictable choice since it's a classic but it's still a huge bop!

Yvess

Spoiler

ICONIQUE. Talented. Brilliant. Incredible. Amazing. Showstopping. Spectacular.

Speezy

Spoiler

YAS GA-GA. Bad Romance is very catchy and I love the chorus the most.

xBoyx

Spoiler

ICONIC. ICONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC. It does sound dated but it's one of those songs where it doesn't matter. The lyrics are genius. 

With that we come to the conclusion of the round. There were a few 10's given out, with Mariah scoring 3. Below are how the current standings are:

Spoiler

Score Board Without Secret Vote
    Song Score  
Mariah Carey Fantasy 10 ? 10 10 30
Queen The Show Must Go On 10 ? 10 8 28
Lady Gaga Bad Romance 9 ? 10 9 28
Janet Jackson Lonely 8 ? 10 9 27
Tinashe Midnight Sun 9 ? 9 9 27
Beyonce Partition 9 ? 8 10 27
Ellie Goulding Anything Could Happen 9 ? 9 8 26
Ariana Grande Into You 8 ? 9 9 26
Miley Cyrus The Climb 8 ? 9 9 26
Lea Michele Love Is Alive 9 ? 8 9 26
Rihanna Kiss It Better 9 ? 6 10 25
Years & Years King 7 ? 10 8 25
Lana Del Rey Off To The Races 6 ? 8 10 24
Taylor Swift Getaway Car 8 ? 7 8 23
Mans Zelmerlow Cara Mia 6 ? 7 7 20

Based off the above chart, the bottom THREE SCORES would be Mans Zelmerlow, Taylor Swift, and Lana Del Rey.

Now, with Speezy's secret vote included, a lot of the rankings changed.

Spoiler

Score Board With Secret Vote
    Song Score  
Mariah Carey Fantasy 10 10 10 10 40
Lady Gaga Bad Romance 9 10 10 9 38
Queen The Show Must Go On 10 8 10 8 36
Janet Jackson Lonely 8 9 10 9 36
Beyonce Partition 9 9 8 10 36
Tinashe Midnight Sun 9 8 9 9 35
Ellie Goulding Anything Could Happen 9 9 9 8 35
Years & Years King 7 9 10 8 34
Rihanna Kiss It Better 9 8 6 10 33
Ariana Grande Into You 8 5 9 9 31
Taylor Swift Getaway Car 8 8 7 8 31
Miley Cyrus The Climb 8 4 9 9 30
Lea Michele Love Is Alive 9 4 8 9 30
Lana Del Rey Off To The Races 6 4 8 10 28
Mans Zelmerlow Cara Mia 6 7 7 7 27

Mariah achieves a perfect score this week. The secret vote drastically hurts Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lea Michele, and Lana Del Rey.

The new BOTTOM THREE scores consists of Mans Zelmerlow (@fiercE), Lea Michele (@Lukey), Lana Del Rey (@nina_), and Miley Cyrus (@Touch It)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.