H100: Old Town Road 16x #1, bad guy #2, Señorita #4

Renan90

Ed-Sheeran-press-by-Mark-Surridge-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

Ed Sheeran's 'No. 6 Collaborations Project' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart

Set launches with biggest week of 2019 for a pop album by a male artist.

Ed Sheeran scores his third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as his star-studded No. 6 Collaborations Projectalbum enters atop the tally.

The set, which was released on July 12 via Atlantic Records, bows with 173,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending July 18, according to Nielsen Music. It marks the largest week of the year for a pop album by a male artist. Of that starting sum, 70,000 were in album sales.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new July 27-dated chart (where No. 6 bows at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard's websites on July 23.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8523132/ed-sheeran-no-6-is-no-1-star-studded-collaborations-project-debuts-no-1-billboard-albums-chart

Billboard 200: #1(new) @edsheeran, No.6 Collaborations Project 173,000 (70,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #2(=) @billieeilish, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? 60,000 (1,355,000 total units). *peak: #1 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #3(-2) @Dreamville & @JColeNC, Revenge of the Dreamers III 55,000 (170,000 total units). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #4(=) @LilNasX, 7 EP 50,000 (238,000 total units). *peak: #2 for 2 weeks*

Billboard 200: #5(-2) @chrisbrown, Indigo 50,000 (200,000 total units). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #6(=) @lizzo, Cuz I Love You 33,000 (381,000 total units). *fourth week at peak*

Billboard 200: #7(=) @thegreatkhalid, Free Spirit 31,000 (825,000 total units). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #8(=) @PostMalone, beerbongs & bentleys 25,000 (3,549,000 total units). *peak: #1 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #9(+1) @jonasbrothers, Happiness Begins 23,000 (582,000 total units). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #10(+4) @DaBabyDaBaby, Baby On Baby 23,000 (492,000 total units). *peak: #7*

lil-nas-x-billy-ray-cyrus-collage-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

Lil Nas X's 'Old Town Road' Rules Billboard Hot 100 For Record-Tying 16th Week

The song matches the reigns of "Despacito" & "One Sweet Day."

Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road," featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, rules the Billboard Hot 100 for a 16th week, tying the record for the most time tallied at No. 1 in the chart's six-decade history.

"Road" matches Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's "Despacito," featuring Justin Bieber, and Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men's "One Sweet Day," which spent a record 16 weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100 in 2017 and 1995-96, respectively.

Let's run down the top 10 of the newest Hot 100 (dated July 27), which blends all-genre U.S. streaming, radio airplay and digital sales data. All charts will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (July 23).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8523187/lil-nas-x-old-town-road-hot-number-one-hot-100-16th-week

Hot 100

#1 Old Town Road (=) [16x #1]
#2 bad guy (=)
#3 I Don’t Care (+3)
#4 Señorita (+1)
#5 Talk (-1)
#6 Truth Hurts (+1)
#7 Goodbyes (-4)
#8 Sucker (=)
#9 Sunflower (=)
#10 No Guidance (+2)

#16 Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+2)
#30 7 rings (-6)

Edited by Renan90

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Fenty

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Green

• sakisfan16

Not even 200K with an album featuring Justin Bieber, Cardi B, Travis Scott, Khalid and Camila Cabello?

giphy.gif

is this the forth biggest opeing of 2019 behind Ariana, Billiee and Jonas, or somebody else outperformed too?

Anyway Billiee is unstoppable  

Congrats Ed 

Good sales for a good album

:1stplace:

Cool numbers 

It’s cute:clap3:

3 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

is this the forth biggest opeing of 2019 behind Ariana, Billiee and Jonas, or somebody else outperformed too?

Jonas Brothers - 414K

Ariana Grande - 360K

Billie Eilish - 313K

Backstreet Boys - 234K

BTS - 232K

Ed - 170K

1 minute ago, ArianadelRey said:

Jonas Brothers - 414K

Ariana Grande - 360K

Billie Eilish - 313K

Backstreet Boys - 234K

BTS - 232K

Ed - 170K

Khalid did 202k fw

2 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

Jonas Brothers - 414K

Ariana Grande - 360K

Billie Eilish - 313K

Backstreet Boys - 234K

BTS - 232K

Ed - 170K

they tweeted this, i guess i won't remain top 10 by the end of the year which kinda bad for his standard 

Jonas still Top 10 and Only Human is coming :duca:

Just now, zoldyck said:

they tweeted this, i guess i won't remain top 10 by the end of the year which kinda bad for his standard 

Taylor will for sure knock him to #8, but i don't know who else is releasing this year to make him leave the top 10 (maybe Sam Smith and Shawn Mendes?)

GorgeousRep
9 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Overall in 2019, No. 6 nets the seventh-largest week among all albums in total units. It trails the debut frames of: Jonas Brothers’ Happiness Begins (414,000), Ariana Grande’s Thank U, Next (360,000), Billie Eilish’s When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (313,000), Backstreet Boys’ DNA (234,000), BTS’ Map of the Soul: Persona (230,000) and Khalid’s Free Spirit (202,000).

7 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

Taylor will for sure knock him to #8, but i don't know who else is releasing this year to make him leave the top 10 (maybe Sam Smith and Shawn Mendes?)

there are also strong rumors of Rihanna, Adele, Gaga, Justin, Cardi B releasing this year. Not all of them will necessary beat him but they do have potential 

7 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

She Is Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey, OneRepublic, Rihanna (?), maybe some rock band, Zac Brown Band, J. Cole's The Fall Off, Celine Dion

I don't know if anyone of those can sell more than Ed but I am just naming big names

9 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

Rihanna?

Billie is consistent...all those weeks at #2

And this is only the lead single

I'm not sure what she will release as the follow-up. But it should come out soon cause it's coming up on 4 months now

peterstyles13

The fact that Khalid had a bigger first week than Ed Sheeran :deadbanana4:

13 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

Rihanna promised album this year, Cardi said she might release in December. 

and people said he would have no longevity :toofunny2:

Congrats Ed :clap3:

I didn't expect Jonas Brother to sell that much, might as well pull a #1 in 2019. How did they do that apart from talent?

Should’ve been at least 200k-250k but still not completely tragic/a bomb like some people are saying. He will (unfortunately) smash with a solo album. :skull:

Lizzo’s album spending 4 weeks at #6. Hope she gets even one Top 5 week. :dies:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.