Renan90

32 minutes ago, Otter said:

As much as I love this album
As much I love her
As much as I want the artist on here to benefit

This is karma :jonny:

For:
-Not releasing Schoolin Life & End of Time from 4 

-Not releasing Haunted and Mine from ST (Her Ray of light, contemporary rebranding moment alongside DIL and Partition)

-Releasing a terrible platinum edition to an already amazing album and ignoring fan favourites like Grown Woman & Standing on the Sun for trash like Blow ft Pharrel. Also rejecting gems like this which could of made the platinum.

-Messing up all of Lemonade's singles by not putting them on Spotify and Vevo. (why would radio support singles that cant be streamed)
-Trying to force Sorry as the lead when Hold Up was clearly where it was at

-Making Formation unlisted on Vevo
-Not releasing Freedom or 6 inch as singles.

-Not releasing Lemonade to Spotify for 3 years even though the albums sales were dead by its 3rd month

-Paying Europe dust during the whole promotion of this album
-Releasing EIL in the middle of a tour instead of before the tour.
-Attempting to have a huge "out now" moment in London but the album launching exclusively on tidal which no one has here :rip:
-Killing Apeshits chances of smashing by keeping it off spotify for days (meaning it got penalised with playlists etc)
-EIL just being underwhelming and unambitious.
-Having 2 years to prepare for the Lion King and sabotaging it by releasing the mediocre Spirit.
-Aweful communication and secrecy about the album and releasing it 1 week after the official Lionking soundtrack just to add to confusion and ensure people don't understand this is an album filled with new music.

-Waiting to the last minute to record the visual for the Lion King song so she had an excuse not to support her co-stars on the press circuit :oh:

-Putting Shinning part II (M4E, which I love) as the lead material to promote A Lion King inspired soundtrack instead of something universally digestible like BIGGER or Find Your Way

Anyway the album is great, I wish it the best of luck

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

it finally caught up to her

it's really sad bc we saw something like this coming. next is a flop tour

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• DG1

• scheibe

• its_britney_bitch

Just now, Grumpy Gills said:

Kinda shocked tbh, though the GPee would eat this up 

TBH I think the issue is that the GP hardly knows it's out.

What she should have done is announced this months ago with the new trailers, and opened it to pre-orders like most of her peers do so she could accumulate months of sales into one week.

That, and not release the song from the movie as the single despite the album being something completely different. It's a bit confusing.

Anyway, the hopefully the Hive doesn't get too invested in this like everyone else and then use it as an excuse to run around ATRL acting messy for years just because they had their feelings hurt by other stans who had their feelings hurt because someone else hurt their feelings once more. It's a gross cycle and needs to stop.

As for Beyoncé, I think she'll be alright. She clearly has not cared about #1s since 2011 or she would have released her last 4 works (ST, Lemonade, Homecoming, EIL) at the start of the tracking week instead of halfway through it, and actually released proper singles without unlisted videos and all that.

2 hours ago, Adonis said:

Did anyone really expect Bey to debut at #1 over Ed who has a top 5 hit? :bibliahh:

You thought a brand new Beyonce album for gigantic hit The Lion King was going to be outsold by a week old album and also potentially by a 17-week old album? :skull:

LBR the album is way too long to do well on streaming:rip:

Just now, _Fey said:

You thought a brand new Beyonce album for gigantic hit The Lion King was going to be outsold by a week old album and also potentially by a 17-week old album? :skull:

Now that streaming counts for so much, having a hit is a big part of what creates "album sales".

The funny thing is the detractors are saying The Lion King was guaranteed success, bigger than Beyoncé, and so on but aren't willing to see how if that is true, that a new album released the week after the Soundtrack was released is confusing and likely to get overshadowed by the event of the film.

It's not like each showing says, "There's also this other album, no not the soundtrack, another one, ya, it's by Beyoncé and some other artist you've never heard of ... check it out!" ... you literally have to be in the know.

Imagine wasting time and energy on an album because you thought you could score a quick #1 only for it to debut at #3. :ahh:

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny5: Ed delete your album for the rest of the week

48 minutes ago, Otter said:

As much as I love this album
As much I love her
As much as I want the artist on here to benefit

This is karma :jonny:

For:
-Not releasing Schoolin Life & End of Time from 4 

-Not releasing Haunted and Mine from ST (Her Ray of light, contemporary rebranding moment alongside DIL and Partition)

-Releasing a terrible platinum edition to an already amazing album and ignoring fan favourites like Grown Woman & Standing on the Sun for trash like Blow ft Pharrel. Also rejecting gems like this which could of made the platinum.

-Messing up all of Lemonade's singles by not putting them on Spotify and Vevo. (why would radio support singles that cant be streamed)
-Trying to force Sorry as the lead when Hold Up was clearly where it was at

-Making Formation unlisted on Vevo
-Not releasing Freedom or 6 inch as singles.

-Not releasing Lemonade to Spotify for 3 years even though the albums sales were dead by its 3rd month

-Paying Europe dust during the whole promotion of this album
-Releasing EIL in the middle of a tour instead of before the tour.
-Attempting to have a huge "out now" moment in London but the album launching exclusively on tidal which no one has here :rip:
-Killing Apeshits chances of smashing by keeping it off spotify for days (meaning it got penalised with playlists etc)
-EIL just being underwhelming and unambitious.
-Having 2 years to prepare for the Lion King and sabotaging it by releasing the mediocre Spirit.
-Aweful communication and secrecy about the album and releasing it 1 week after the official Lionking soundtrack just to add to confusion and ensure people don't understand this is an album filled with new music.

-Waiting to the last minute to record the visual for the Lion King song so she had an excuse not to support her co-stars on the press circuit :oh:

-Putting Shinning part II (M4E, which I love) as the lead material to promote A Lion King inspired soundtrack instead of something universally digestible like BIGGER or Find Your Way

Anyway the album is great, I wish it the best of luck

Wait Ch-Ching was almost given to Beyoncé? :jonny:

16 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

it's really sad bc we saw something like this coming. next is a flop tour

ha tours will never flop because that's the one thing that's has high level and she is paying attention to that. and she is doing that because this is giving her big amount of money.

even madonna's tour are not flopping

I love how the other fanbases are actually dragging the Beyhive and not Beyoncé :skull:.

A mess, I think she's definitely gonna come harder for the next one. I

3 hours ago, iHype. said:

Billboard counted Justin Bieber's Journals 'compilation' as a studio album, so his label purposely didn't submit sales to Billboard so it would be excluded from the chart.

I'm not seeing why they wouldn't also consider this compilation as a studio album. :celestial5:

:clap3:

2 hours ago, thedastardly said:

"Top 2 and I'm not 2"

Ever since she borrowed this line from Drake it's been nothing but hilarity. You hate to see it. 

:hughard:

2 hours ago, - JED - said:

The excuses lmao

"it's not a real Beyoncé album"

"It's not a studio album"

"It's not a solo album, it doesn't count"

"It's just a compilation album"

"A side project"

:isudumblmao:

:rip:

1 hour ago, Epica said:

:lakitu:

53 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

See when you do 460 clownery, the “top 2 and I ain’t #2” clown comes back to bite.

original.gif

:razzle:

29 minutes ago, swissman said:

That's fine.

No other female artist is currently close to having their first six albums debut at #1 anyway.

I guess the next would be Adele in like 20 years.

Adele’s 19 peaked at #4 I believe.

Why didn’t she spare the potential loss, and use: VARIOUS ARTISTS for the artist spot instead of only her name? That would not have tampered with her streak, a la THE CARTERS’ “Everything Is Love”.

She’s featured on most of the songs, and isn’t even on some of them. I thought it was weird she didn’t use Various Artists, since technically it is a compilation album of collaborations. I thought Parkwood Entertainment™️©️®️ was better then THIS!

nobody wanted the gift

This is worse than ARTPOP/Witness/Britney Jean :rip:

On 7/21/2019 at 5:16 PM, Darkgalord said:

Watch TIDAL come through and add 300k :laugh:

:skull:

3 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

So how much are Ed and Billie selling it doesn't say :psyduck:

Billie has been doing 60k for months, idk how she is so stable, anyway, she'll probably do that again. Ed must be out of range...

From a sure #1 to possibly be #3 real quick :ahh:

Beyonce might even get the biggest drop on its second week since no one is streaming this. 

Edited by Crush2.0

The excuses in this thread aren’t going to help your fave secure good numbers for her next release. Clearly the GA and her own fans aren’t here for whatever it is Ms. Carter had been putting out these days. 

Based on the numbers, I’m beginning to question how legit Lemonade’s numbers are since ya know Tidal was involved :eatpopcorn:

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

imagine next week Billboard thread

This and also Old Town Road hitting 17 weeks at #1 will decimate the server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.