The Little Mermaid | Halle Bailey is Ariel

Blood Magic

MrLovett
9 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

It's probably Sebastian/Daveed Diggs. Not only was he in Hamilton w/ Lin (so he has a history of rapping), but I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated the Jamaican accent of Sebastian altogether.

My exact thought when I read rapping. It'll 100% be for Sebastian.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• X~MoviePoP

• MrLovett

• Mimie

• Hilly

fridayteenage
On 3/15/2021 at 2:01 PM, ConceptD said:

I don’t see a way it could flop tbh. It’s not a Mulan or a lady and the tramp. The Little Mermaid is a true Disney classic up there with the Aladdins  and the Lion Kings of the world. It might get panned by some movie snobs, but it definitely won’t flop. 

mulan is a true classic too sis

MrLovett
21 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

mulan is a true classic too sis

Except The Little Mermaid isn't cutting out all the music, starring a problematic lead, changing up the story and being released solely on streaming. So it's not the best comparison.

I don’t get why she is hiding her hair. It’s obviously red. That’s why it’s being hidden?

SaintWest
3 hours ago, Haburo said:

I don’t get why she is hiding her hair. It’s obviously red. That’s why it’s being hidden?

it's called a contract, sis

fridayteenage
4 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Except 

all i was responding to was the assertion that mulan is a classic. your opinion about the remake otherwise is irrelevant

phreshprince
On 3/16/2021 at 11:37 AM, X~MoviePoP said:

Halle has revealed that she will be shooting until the summer. Most likely till june/july. 6 months.

Also please watch this live. My god her vocals are amazing and she really shows the sadness of what ariel feels about being stuck.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMc8hhyAqIL/?igshid=16myd66m3wgqo

So we probably won't get a trailer until next year. Damn it. 

5 hours ago, Haburo said:

they likely want the "reveal" to be when people see the trailer for the first time to build hype

champpp
On 3/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, Lost In Paradise said:

This is gonna flop so hard. I don’t think Disney is in the place to get this right. Poor Halle...she doesn’t deserve this 

1B is literally on LOCK. 

TLM is a CLASSIC like Lion King, Aladdin and B&tB and all of them grossed 1B, so there's no way this will flop. 

And since I doubt they'll release this before 2023 I'm sure everything will resolve by then so its theatrical release will certainly happen. 

7 hours ago, qurl said:

they likely want the "reveal" to be when people see the trailer for the first time to build hype

Thanks.

9 hours ago, SaintWest said:

it's called a contract, sis

Not you.

SaintWest
6 hours ago, champpp said:

1B is literally on LOCK. 

TLM is a CLASSIC like Lion King, Aladdin and B&tB and all of them grossed 1B, so there's no way this will flop. 

And since I doubt they'll release this before 2023 I'm sure everything will resolve by then so its theatrical release will certainly happen. 

this.

Da Vinci

i remember everyone saying the same thing with mulan

"1B on LOCK!" "you're delusional if u think this would flop" etc.

and these comments were made right in the middle of the pandemic last year too :skull: 

releasing this in 2023 is definitely safer than releasing it next year

not sure about 1B, with ANY future blockbuster moving forward

many countries still won't be back to normal in 2023

champpp
3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

2023?? Thats far af

2022 could still happen, but with the pandemic still going strong it just doesn't seem like the best idea... Also, even if things go back to normal going against movies like Doctor Strange 2, Flash, The Batman, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Aquaman 2, Avatar 2, Jurassic World 3, Fast & Furious 10, etc doesn't seem like the smartest idea cause who knows if the GP will be able to spend money on all of those movies and all of them seem like 1B blockbusters.

Not to mention that Aquaman 2, allegedly Black Panther 2 and Avatar 2 take place underwater so 2023 would be the smartest and safest option, imo. 

58 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

i remember everyone saying the same thing with mulan

"1B on LOCK!" "you're delusional if u think this would flop" etc.

and these comments were made right in the middle of the pandemic last year too :skull: 

releasing this in 2023 is definitely safer than releasing it next year

not sure about 1B, with ANY future blockbuster moving forward

many countries still won't be back to normal in 2023

Lbr Mulan isn't as iconic as TLM, Lion King, B&tB and Aladdin. It's AMAZING but sadly it was never a classic like those other movies. Also, people relied on China to do the heavy lifting but that didn't happen and since they ruined the movie everyone said NO. Pandemic also destroyed any potential it had. And IA with the second part of your comment. 

phreshprince

Could Disney edit this and release by Christmas this year? It would be cute :gaycat1:

• ATRL Moderator
Reinvention

I smell another Disney+ release on the horizon. If these streaming services really expect me to pay for their service and then pay AGAIN to watch the film... 

ot8GVLi.gif

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

People in the comments are speculating that this is for the above-water scenes.

This literally is perfection for when she pulls him out of the water :smitten: