• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• iHype.

• Agenor

• fridayteenage

QueenofCopyPaste

DRAKE's Streams :jonny:

It's hilarious how Ed thought he was going to have the biggest album and be the biggest event of the year and Drake just came right in and took a dump on his parade :toofunny2:

I mean, Ed can have the U.K. and Australia but get ready for Drake to spend like 10 more weeks at the top in the US :ahh:

Edited by musicman101

Snatch that 20th week atop Billboard 200.

:clap3:

Thank Me Later - 1 week #1
Take Care - 1 week #1
Nothing Was the Same - 1 week #1
If You're Reading - 1 week #1
What a Time - 1 week #1
Views - 13 weeks #1
More Life - 2 weeks #1

2 minutes ago, Blue. said:

1/4 of Views. No Icon no sales.

This is its second week, not first

11 minutes ago, Blue. said:

8 minutes ago, iHype. said:

This is its second week, not first

"Views" did have 175k pure sales in its second week, and "More Life" is estimated at 45-50k in its second week. I don't see anything false in his statement.

2 minutes ago, Agenor said:

"Views" did have 175k pure sales in its second week, and "More Life" is estimated at 45-50k in its second week. I don't see anything false in his statement.

True. But in terms of units, it's doing around 80% of Views's second week (240-250k vs. 313k). That should be noted as well imo. 

trey doing more than usher in the first week  :jonny:

1 minute ago, alexanderao said:

True. But in terms of units, it's doing around 80% of Views's second week (240-250k vs. 313k). That should be noted as well imo. 

Of course, I presumed Blue was talking about pure sales. It is a fact that ML's second week streams are higher than the ones "Views" had.

9 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Views is also a Drake album, whereas More life is being marketed as a playlist.

1 minute ago, Navin said:

Views is also a Drake album, whereas More life is being marketed as a playlist.

Honestly I don't see the difference between "album" and "playlist" in Drake's question. "More Life" was announced 4-5 months ago, it was sold as a digital download, it will get a physical edition this Friday... the only difference is that music critics didn't have a chance to hear "More Life" in advance.

2 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Honestly I don't see the difference between "album" and "playlist" in Drake's question. "More Life" was announced 4-5 months ago, it was sold as a digital download, it will get a physical edition this Friday... the only difference is that music critics didn't have a chance to hear "More Life" in advance.

Clearly Drake's fanbase saw the difference... there's a reason Views debuted with 850k pure & More Life debuted with 220k pure but both broke streaming records.

Metallica "robbed" from two weeks at #1 if we talking about sales, 

Drake "stole" 2 weeks already from Ed

33 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Clearly Drake's fanbase saw the difference... there's a reason Views debuted with 850k pure & More Life debuted with 220k pure but both broke streaming records.

only haters don't see it

3 hours ago, Agenor said:

50K is not 1/4 of 175K. 

And I believe the user was referring to Views doing 1 million first week & this having a 250K projection, when saying "1/4 of Views", which is why I pointed out this is the second week, not the first week.

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

50K is not 1/4 of 175K. 

And I believe the user was referring to Views doing 1 million first week & this having a 250K projection, when saying "1/4 of Views", which is why I pointed out this is the second week, not the first week.

But 45k is very close to being 1/4 of 175k. And original comment mentioned sales, right?

3 hours ago, Blue. said:

I think that we can agree that ML's streams are out of this world, sales not so much.

erm, are people still buying ticket bundles en masse? why is metallica still on top when their album came out months ago?

4 minutes ago, Agenor said:

But 45k is very close to being 1/4 of 175k. And original comment mentioned sales, right?

I think that we can agree that ML's streams are out of this world, sales not so much.

Yeah it said no sales, but I assumed he just meant SPS since iit'd look weird to type out 'No Icon, no sales plus streaming'.

And frankly, I don't care how it's sales are. SPS is what matters more to Billboard, RIAA, his label, and him.

Every major Rap release garners large streaming that favors over sales, it's the way Rap fans consume music in 2017. Just like every Country release garners large sales that favor streaming, it's the way Country fans consume music in 2017. His success shouldn't be looked down upon because it's not consumed the same way, if ultimately, his consumption is still higher. Billboard, RIAA, and the music industry agrees which is why 1,00,000 sales plus streaming units isn't certified any less Platinum than 1,000,000 sales units.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.