Oktober Knight

Halloween Kills (2020) | Delayed Till 2021

sakisfan16
6 hours ago, bad guy said:

I didn't think she had much scream queen potential in the first but if this is true then :clap3:

johnny_9ss
On 2/1/2020 at 10:26 PM, sakisfan16 said:

spoilers from the people who saw it on test screening...read with your own decision 

Hide contents

Opening scene is a Flashback to Michael being apprehended, which includes young Lonnie coming face to face with him. Hawkins and Loomis are there (CGI, which is almost on point, but needs a little tweaking).

Flashback sequence is quite long, approximately 20 minutes, maybe longer.Opening credits is a pumpkin on fire.Cameron finds Hawkins shortly after the attack from Sartain and calls 911 and then calls his dad, Lonnie.Hawkins seems to be ALIVE..We see Michael **** up all the firefighters. We cut to the bar scene starting with Vanessa and Marcus before revealing Tommy, Lindsey and Marion. They see a report on the news featuring Julian and they begin to believe Michael is alive and after hearing Laurie Strode’s name on the news, they all leave the bar.Tommy splits from the group and heads straight for the hospital to see Laurie.Michael later attacks and kills Marion who actually goes down with quite a fight this time (same with H20).Laurie spends much of the time believing Michael is dead, but Karen and Allyson know he is not thanks to the news on the TVs, but they keep it from her.Laurie and Hawkins share a hospital room. You kind of get the vibe that he’s Karen’s father..Tommy arrives at the hospital. When word is finally out that Michael is alive, Laurie pleads with Tommy to get him, to kill him and she actually tries to get out of bed. They all know he'll be heading home.the third and final act is at the Myers house...Lonnie, Cameron and Allyson are attacked by Michael - with Lonnie dying and Cameron being tortured to death in front of Allyson. Killing Cameron in front of her.

Michael throws Allyson off the stair case breaking one of her legs. He’s taunting her and about to kill her when Karen shows up and attacks Michael and gets him to come after her.Michael kills Tommy by killing him with his own baseball bat. Karen goes into Judith’s bedroom. She notices a reflection in the window that she thinks is outside, but it’s Michael behind her. Trespassing in Judith's room, Michael kills the **** out of her. It’s emotional at the same time and makes you kinda tear up.It ends with Laurie calling Karen’s cell phone and Michael picks up the phone, Laurie hears his breathing and she realizes her daughter is dead and has a breakdown before snapping out of it and declares to Michael it’s showtime.

wait so

Spoiler

laurie spends to entire movie in the hospital and doesn't do anything? 

michael tortures cameron to death?

sakisfan16
16 minutes ago, johnny_9ss said:

wait so

Hide contents

laurie spends to entire movie in the hospital and doesn't do anything? 

michael tortures cameron to death?

Spoiler

yes I think it was expected for Laurie to not have a big part on halloween kills..she will be the star on halloween ends and she will have the final fight with Michael.I hope that she's going to kill him for good this time

Sam96

I'm so excited for this :jonny6:

The Mandalorian

I just only read the first line of the spoiler, and I'd very much like that to be explained/shown. If true.

Oktober Knight

Delayed until 2021. As expected, but still upsetting. At least we have a new teaser trailer:

bearman10

TRAGIC! I do hope they can still film halloween ends this year though 

rihxnicki
3 minutes ago, bearman10 said:

TRAGIC! I do hope they can still film halloween ends this year though 

They can’t really film a horror sequel because it’d spoil who dies :skull:

Roman Holiday
25 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Delayed until 2021. As expected, but still upsetting. At least we have a new teaser trailer:

Why? Isnt it already filmed?

bearman10
Just now, rihxnicki said:

They can’t really film a horror sequel because it’d spoil who dies :skull:

but wasnt it set to start filming in the fall anyways before october? but yeah you're right :chick3: 

1 minute ago, Roman Holiday said:

yes but movie theaters are taking forever on reopening in the U.S. plus studios aren't putting out movies. I know big movie areas of New York/ LA have no set date for reopening yet. Tenet suppose to open up next month but may have to move once again ..smh. 

This sent me LMAO

Oktober Knight
4 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Halloween Kills has been filmed but the next movie, Halloween Ends, has not started filming yet. 

Roman Holiday
Just now, bearman10 said:

but wasnt it set to start filming in the fall anyways before october? but yeah you're right :chick3: 

yes but movie theaters are taking forever on reopening in the U.S. plus studios aren't putting out movies. I know big movie areas of New York/ LA have no set date for reopening yet. Tenet suppose to open up next month but may have to move once again ..smh. 

This sent me LMAO

I was hoping it would be released Digitally like Universal has been doing with all their movies. I guess the financial risk is too high

bearman10
1 hour ago, Roman Holiday said:

I was hoping it would be released Digitally like Universal has been doing with all their movies. I guess the financial risk is too high

yeah I'm ok waiting bc i enjoy the theatre experience :heart:

Oktober Knight

Less comedy this time, Laurie will not be the main character and spends most of the film in the hospital, Allyson is pissed off, the town is outraged about Michael returning, and they hope to start filming Halloween Ends this fall....... 

"Director David Gordon Green knows a thing or two about crafting a successful Halloweensequel. After all,2018’s Halloween- the 40-years-later follow-up to John Carpenter’s ’78 slasher classic - was embraced by fans, and broke box-office records. But in continuing the story of Laurie Strode and the unknowable Shape for upcoming sequel Halloween Kills,Green and returning screenwriter Danny McBride faced a problem as intimidating as Michael Myers with a kitchen knife.

“How do you continue what makes Halloween interesting, and not be repetitive?” Green says over the phone from South Carolina. The answer, according to the eclectic filmmaker, is that Halloween is about to get a whole lot angrier. “If the first film was somewhat retelling the origin of Myers and getting us up to speed with where Laurie had been all those years, then part two is about the outrage of Haddonfield,” Green reveals. “Mob Rules was our working title for the film. It’s about a community that is united by outrage, and divided in how to deal with evil.

To that end, Kills is dialling down the divisive humour of 2018’s Halloween and expanding its ensemble cast, with returning characters from the ’78 original - including Tommy Doyle (played here by Anthony Michael Hall) - new characters, and “even some strange ones that we got a glimpse of in the 2018 film”. But the rock remains Jamie Lee Curtis’ Laurie who, as in 1981’s Halloween II, spends the bulk of the film in hospital recovering from her injuries.

“She’s a voice of both insight and reason that is trying to give a volatile community some sense of purpose in this film,” explains Green, who confirms that while Laurie isn’t the main character in Kills, she remains the “emotional core”. Instead, Andi Matichak’s Allyson, last seen brandishing a bloody knife in a pickup truck, becomes Haddonfield’s pitchfork-wielding ringleader.

“When we met [Allyson], she was a very relatable, lovely girl-nextdoor type of character,” Green says. “Allyson here, just hours later... she is ignited. She is, in some ways, leading the charge, and is one of the more bloodthirsty of the group. Whereas Karen, who has dealt psychologically with her mother more intimately, is trying to resist those temptations.”

With work practically complete on Halloween Kills before Covid struck, lockdown has granted Green and McBride extra time to finish the script for trilogy-capper Halloween Ends. “We’re going to film this fall, hopefully!” Green chuckles. “It’s a very different movie than Kills, and both Halloweens. The script feels very fun. For me, it was essential to say, ‘Here’s a conclusive episode to my trilogy.’ I’m trying to bring closure to my ‘Laurie Strode versus Michael Myers’ storytelling.”"

- TotalFilm

Versayce

I find Laurie's attitude somewhat suspicious... I mean, she insists in showing us during all the 2018 film that she has good aim with all kind of weapons, but she choose to "kill" him burning her house down... And then has the courage to scream for firefighters to "let it burn"... Woman, you live in the middle of the woods! Obviously she's not concerned about the environment... She's truly a psycho... I think she is the true mastermind of everything, she manipulated her brother to commit all the crimes and this will be revealed in "Halloween Ends". Nice twist. Michael is the victim, Laurie's a biatch and Lindsey Wallace will become the true final girl!

Oktober Knight
2 hours ago, Versayce said:

I find Laurie's attitude somewhat suspicious... I mean, she insists in showing us during all the 2018 film that she has good aim with all kind of weapons, but she choose to "kill" him burning her house down... And then has the courage to scream for firefighters to "let it burn"... Woman, you live in the middle of the woods! Obviously she's not concerned about the environment... She's truly a psycho... I think she is the true mastermind of everything, she manipulated her brother to commit all the crimes and this will be revealed in "Halloween Ends". Nice twist. Michael is the victim, Laurie's a biatch and Lindsey Wallace will become the true final girl!

Delete this 

Sam96
2 hours ago, Versayce said:

Michael and Laurie aren’t related in this continuity 

Versayce
2 hours ago, Sam96 said:

Michael and Laurie aren’t related in this continuity 

I know, but although the film is supossed to ignore Michael and Laurie as being siblings, you don't have that feeling at all, at least for me. In fact, I consider it a new version of H20, with its many similarities, which fails to mention that little piece of information.