Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Spice Girls animated superhero movie coming in 2020

13 posts in this topic

First tamagotchis now Spice Girls? Wow, the 90s fads are truly making a comeback!

Image result for spice girls animated

An animated Spice Girls movie is in the works at Paramount. The film will feature the voices of all five members of the original band and a plot in which the quintet become superheroes. Due for release in 2020, the movie is one of a number of new cartoons on the slate from the studio.

The Spice Girls’ first film, live action comedy Spice World, took $151m (£119m) at the global box office and $100m in DVD sales despite being panned to hell and back.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/12/spice-girls-animated-movie

Straight to DVD. A Mariah Carey Christmas says hi.

giphy.gif

Nobody cares anymore.

1 minute ago, Outlaws said:

AP.

Thank you

The supposed new music will be the only draw for casual fans. The hardcores will be first in line even if it is targeted towards children. 

I just hope and pray the new music isn't specifically going to be geared towards kids, they don't care about Spice Girls music. Make the movie for the kids but the soundtrack for the actual fans.

The supposed new music will be the only draw for casual fans. The hardcores will be first in line even if it is targeted towards children. 

I just hope and pray the new music isn't specifically going to be geared towards kids, they don't care about Spice Girls music. Make the movie for the kids but the soundtrack for the actual fans.

Is it sad that I still play this game on PlayStation :skull:

spice-girls-animated-superhero-movie.png

Excited for this! Maybe whey will use the G.E.M. Songs lol jk I’m glad they will use their voices ^^ btw the only reason I asked for a PlayStation when i was a child was to get that damn game lol

I was excited until I heard it was animated. :rip: I wonder if this will really go to theaters. I think straight to DVD in the US.

Omg Yass Victoria doing her voice :jonny5:

Posted (edited)

That’s a great premise for a series instead of a movie. Female Popstars with superheroes in a post-#metoo era is golden.