Periwinkle

Song of the Season 01 | Winner announced!

ughgabriel

Bopping and waiting

ceremonials

I'm here :duck:

Good luck all!

ughgabriel

Ok but Elite is so good :jonny: 

Periwinkle

Welcome to the results for Round 8: Choose Your Own Adventure! The budget didn't allow for a banner for this round because graphic design is NOT my passion, so here we are. 

Since it's now the top 10, I'm going to be doing each post in pairs of two. Unfortunately, two people are leaving on this round as well, but I'll start with the people who made it. 

In 8th place is a lovely and personable entry that had a structural change of pace for this writer.

Spoiler

@Lémur with Can't See The Stars! :clap3: 

In 7th place is an entry that actually received a score as high as #2 and was top half for 3/5 judges, which just goes to show how scattered the rankings were this round as I said before. 

Spoiler

@Aurora with tbh i don't think about u (much) anymore

ughgabriel

@Lémur and @Aurora oh my god :jonny: I am so glad you both made it. I really didn't expect that :dancehall:

Aurora

ngl expected to be a tad higher from the reviews but a safe is a safe :cm: would appreciate feedback from the ones that didn't like it so much eventually :)

gratz bae @Lémur

ughgabriel

Spam

ceremonials

Both were kinda robbed 

ZaJNL.gif

As I said though, this was a very difficult round to score :dancehall:

ceremonials

Or rank, I should say.

Periwinkle

Next one is eliminations but it's taking some time because I'm doing a writeup for them, sorry 

ughgabriel

Noah is one of the most interesting characters from Yugioh. Shinato, king of a higher plane is one of the best cards even if it's not as known

Periwinkle

Unfortunately, someone has to leave on each round, and it's a shame with how strong everyone is at this point. I'm really sad to see everybody go at this point with how far we've come. 

In 10th place is one of the most bombastic writers we've ever had and certainly a presence that will be missed...

Spoiler

@Prisoner with ''Exo''. :(

Not to say I was biased because I don't let my personal opinions influence my judging, but I think it's very clear I was rooting for you all throughout the season. I truly wanted you to go all the way. Ever since you showed us how amazing you can be in rounds 2-4, I was completely team Prisoner. You served some of the highest concepts in the history of the competition and not to pull out some narcissism, but, you even reminded me of myself when I began writing with the raw creativity even if not everything was the most polished at times. I know you didn't knock it out of the park this round and that it was partially because you lost inspiration, but I truly hope you don't stop writing because you have a gift that touched us all in many moments of the competition. You were perhaps the biggest risktaker in the whole season and should be admired for that, especially when it was your first season.

In 9th place is... someone else who actually peaked at #2 for a judge. Seriously, the eliminations from this point on are so difficult when everyone is so talented. You shined for at least one person and that's all that matters.

Spoiler

@Auburn with ''Building Galaxies''. :(

I was really rooting for you as well and I think Gastrodonatella was your biggest supporter for sure. I personally think your one nature song a few rounds ago was robbed a bit and Jawbreaker was just such a moment. You have talent for sure and you have one of the best grips on the technical aspects of writing out of anyone. I really did think that you could've been the person who rises up as the game goes on because you had that moment where you had your heels on everyone's necks lowkey. I always enjoy reading how your writing flows and I think even this round, you did a good job. It's just unfortunate because at this point, people don't get eliminated for doing bad, just for not doing AS good. Your imagery is always stellar and your personality is as well. I also really hope you don't stop writing because you're great at it and showed so much improvement this season from the Auburn I knew just a season ago. You had a great run overall and I'm sad to see it end. 

Periwinkle

In happier news, I'm going to just reveal the rankings slowly going up to the top now. Good luck everyone :'( (also ignore the sizing being small on the elimination post haha)

In 6th place is an entry that shined with raw emotion.

Spoiler

@conatus with ''Incorporeal''! :clap3: 

In 5th place was one of the most interesting concepts of the round, and one of the most polarizing entries of the round as well. 

Spoiler

@ughgabriel with ''ophelia''! :clap3: 

Edited by Corsola

Gastrodonatella

MY BABIES thank you for such a good run both of you :(

giphy.webpgiphy.webpgiphy.webp

ceremonials

Oh no :cries: every elimination is so hard when it gets this close to the end.

Prisoner absolutely had one of the most impressive debut seasons though :clap3:imagine making it all the way to the top 10.

Also sad to see Auburn leave this season without a #1. I was too harsh on Jawbreaker :cries:

Rence

Auburn :weeps: Jawbreaker is still the best song I've read in this season :alexz:

Mother Earth

Oh wow, we-

Mother Earth

Nancy Jo, this is Mother Earth calling...

Gastrodonatella
1 minute ago, Mother Earth said:

Nancy Jo, this is Mother Earth calling...

LITTLE BROWN BEBE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5363307559431d937a65e1523206ddc7f71508c5.gif

Periwinkle

In 4th place is one of the most stylistically intriguing writers in the competition with one of the best choruses and rhyming I've read in the whole season. Bitch was on POINT.

Spoiler

@Mother Earth with ''Alectrona!'' :clap3: 

3rd place top 3 smash hit goes to a title that still makes me scream every time I read it in context with the entry, while the entry itself was a stroke of brilliance and one of their best ideas in the competition so far.

Spoiler

@Kylie Jenner with ''I SHOULD INVEST IN A NIGHTLIGHT''! :clap3: 

Mother Earth

Thank you everyone for the praise. I was definitely not expecting top 4 this round LOL :heart2:

ughgabriel

@Prisoner I agree with what Corsola said. You were one of the most risktaking and refreshing writers this season. You were one of the best newcomers and I agree that you were the most ambitious writer considering your concepts. When I read your critiques I was wondering how did you manage to create novel like entries and tying every piece of it together. You had a great run :clap3:I hope you come back next season!

@Auburn You did great as well. I think it's pretty obvious that you have developed skills to write polished and refreshing entries. I can't believe some judges sabotaged Jawbreaker, the candy imagery was stunning and I felt jealous because I didn't think of it first! :jonny: It's great to see a veteran come back time after time and always outdo themselves. You should be proud and I hope you keep being part of this competition on future seasons :heart2:

ceremonials

The chrysanthemum/platinum songstress did THAT :clap3: