Periwinkle

Song of the Season 01 | Winner announced!

ceremonials
1 hour ago, Lémur said:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1QF9REKFUFK can someone tell me if this sucks or not, I can't decide. I know the lyrics are trash I wrote them really fast while I still had time to record 

The vocals :eek:

minho

iDnX5aK.png

CAT'S WALTZ

Welcome back!  We hope you enjoyed the nice break because it is about time that we get a little dark.  Often, we get lost in our own little worlds when we write our lyrics.  This round requires you to fully give way to the darkness and embrace the unlimited possibilities that await.  

This week we would like to see you explore the magical world in your songs.  Use your imagination to create an immersive piece about witchcraft, faeries, the occult, dimensions, spirits, demons, folklore, or anything that revolves around the topic of magic or fantasy. You will definitely benefit from exploring the topic of witchcraft and magic further as it can give you great insight into how your song should go.  The topic itself is totally up to you - it can absolutely be a lighter piece about magic or faeries as well! - but we ultimately want to see your magical creativity come through as you bring us into your created world.

As usual please reach out if you have questions about topics or inspiration.  

Please also take a look at a few of the examples we have compiled to help guide you.  

You'll have a bit of extra time this week to make up for the extended break period.  

Let's say aim to have your songs by 11:59PM EST on Thursday August 22nd.  

SUBMIT USING THIS GOOGLE FORM

ughgabriel

So I have another problem that I would like to share in here and if possible, receive some advice. So, as some of you know, I work at Subway. I don't like that job at all but I was planning to stay there until October because I need the job and I have a planned vacation during that month. Anyway... last monday, my manager received a phone call from a man saying that his mom was humilliated in our store by a coworker of mine when she tried to pay for her sandwich and my coworker apparently took her bill and ripped it in half (what really happened is that she tried to pay with a fake bill, my coworker asked her to pay with another and she ran away), so this man is screaming through the phone, insulting my manager and the rest of us, saying that he knows us all and that he'll go to the store to kill us. As a mexican, I'm a little scared because of all the shootings that have been taking place in the U.S. lately, and while this specific situation might not be a race related, I can't help but feel anxious about it. So I'm thinking about just quitting my job now, and on the other hand I'm wondering if I'm overreacting :/

ughgabriel

Mess, bad, bad, horrible timing. I'm sorry! This round sounds very interesting

minho

@conatus @ughgabriel @Lémur @Kylie Jenner @JonginBey @ultraviolence.xx @Auburn @Mother Earth @carpetbeetle  @Rence @Aurora @Prisoner @Courtney Loveand @mcuykend just because we think this round fits you really well 

NEW ROUND IS UP!!!

Also anyone eliminated can still send if they want to! You won't be ranked/included in the competition, but if you see inspiration i'd take advantage.

Also please look forward to a new thing - a moodboard of inspiration images that should be coming soon once we finish curating it

minho
3 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Mess, bad, bad, horrible timing. I'm sorry! This round sounds very interesting

No don't worry!  The timing was just coincidental.

It sounds like a really scary situation, and I totally understand your fear and don't blame you at all.  Do you know if there is a way that you and your manager could contact some kind of security (or non-emergency police?) just to report a potential threat?  That might help give you some peace of mind. Alternatively if you don't like the job already you might see this as a sign to look elsewhere if that is at all possible.  I know job hunting can be difficult so I would try to see how comfortable you'd be trying to find something in the meantime.

ceremonials
6 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

So I have another problem that I would like to share in here and if possible, receive some advice. So, as some of you know, I work at Subway. I don't like that job at all but I was planning to stay there until October because I need the job and I have a planned vacation during that month. Anyway... last monday, my manager received a phone call from a man saying that his mom was humilliated in our store by a coworker of mine when she tried to pay for her sandwich and my coworker apparently took her bill and ripped it in half (what really happened is that she tried to pay with a fake bill, my coworker asked her to pay with another and she ran away), so this man is screaming through the phone, insulting my manager and the rest of us, saying that he knows us all and that he'll go to the store to kill us. As a mexican, I'm a little scared because of all the shootings that have been taking place in the U.S. lately, and while this specific situation might not be a race related, I can't help but feel anxious about it. So I'm thinking about just quitting my job now, and on the other hand I'm wondering if I'm overreacting :/

Ummm scary.

I work there as well, and I'd like to say they're all talk, but I think you should do what makes you feel safest. A job like that is not worth it.

minho

a

ughgabriel

Thanks @ceremonials and @minho I think I'll tell my manager about it, and I'll stay two more weeks so they can find someone else. I'll speak to the mall's security guard and will tell him about it though, I really do hope he was just talk.

Also I think @Courtney Love was meant to be tagged as well

Aurora

voodoo vixen her impact

anyway idk if I'm gonna continue doing this but we'll see~

Auburn

time to channel my inner Stevie Nicks

source.gif

JonginBey

I don’t think my song will be anywhere as good as this

But I’ll try.

carpetbeetle

I’m sick enough to the point where I wanna bash my head in to put myself out of my misery so we’ll see 

minho

this is my FAVOURITE round of the entire game btw

as-an-artist-i-am-sensitive-about-these-

ceremonials
1 hour ago, Auburn said:

time to channel my inner Stevie Nicks

source.gif

Yasssss :jonny6:

Courtney Love
1 hour ago, JonginBey said:

I don’t think my song will be anywhere as good as this

But I’ll try.

So much nostalgia :jonny: 

My inspiration for this round: 

Courtney Love
2 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

that sounds awful I’m so sorry :/

if you rely on the job don’t quit until you’ve found a new one I would think though. Also say it to your manager about not feeling safe. I’m not from the U.S. so I don’t know the work culture but you shouldn’t ever feel unsafe at work imo

ughgabriel
20 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

that sounds awful I’m so sorry :/

if you rely on the job don’t quit until you’ve found a new one I would think though. Also say it to your manager about not feeling safe. I’m not from the U.S. so I don’t know the work culture but you shouldn’t ever feel unsafe at work imo

Actually, my manager told us she would file a police report. So hopefully she actually did it and didn't just say it to give us calm. But thank you so much, I do agree with you about the importance of feeling safe in your laboral environment :hug: 

ughgabriel

Also @minho and the rest of the judges, do we have to write a dark song or do we only need to incorporate dark elements into it?

Prisoner

This round should have come sooner :dies: but its all good, I did it once and I now know how to improve on that. Lets go zimzalabim! 

mcuykend

Ooh this round sounds fun @minho  I’ll try to write something!

Rence

Who wrote Cat's Waltz? I'm stanning for the lyrics :clap3:

I already have an idea for this round. Hoping it doesn't flop :matty:

Gastrodonatella
6 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

Also @minho and the rest of the judges, do we have to write a dark song or do we only need to incorporate dark elements into it?

it doesn't have to be dark, we just wanted to encourage yall to go there if you wanted to :sistrens: as long as it feels like... fantasy, a little bit beyond the human realm, maybe unnatural or spiritual, that's fine. whether you take it in a more whimsical fantasy direction like with fairies or a much darker tone with devils or the occult is up to you (or a mix of both if you're up to the challenge :cupid: ):flower: 

conatus

dd hypothetically this round is perfect for me but I'm having that thing where someone tells you to do something you're good at and you forget how to do it

Auburn

I've already got my song for the round

Spoiler