• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• BlazingLovatic

• Theshigo Washidu

• Tinashebanks

Queen of the US being her 68th largest market :alexz:

Bitch, that's what you get for delaying your album. I'm glad it flopped. The album is trash as well.

1 minute ago, Petty Bourgeoisie said:

Has anyone said Spirit Indestructible teas yet? :dancehall: 

"The Spirit Indestructible debuted at number seventy-nine"

This cracked the top 40 at least  :celestial5:

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

The low sales in the US make sense. Her only hit there was Never Forget You over a year ago and she doesn't have a fanbase

I was more surprised by how it flopped everywhere else (minus Switzerland). Especially the UK. LIke, HOW?

The funny thing is her album posters were everywhere, especially on the tube stations. Her personality is a mess so her numbers were gonna equal. Can't wait for Dua to end her :sorry: 

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

I didn't know about those. Pretty respectable tbh. Still not a success overall, but I take the "flopping" back.

She did flop in the UK though, sis. Lbr. With her hits and her promo, she should have been top 3 and spend at least like 3 weeks in the top 10.

Ppl seem to forget that Cheryl's last album only debuted at #7 when she had two #1 singles from that album and a strong chart history behind her. Zara can't be expected to do better than that considering her current status.

1 hour ago, whatyouwant_ said:

I think Symphony will guarantee her a momentum in the UK, she's #14 in UK Mid with the album and it's going up on iTunes. It was just a bad timing for release the album... let's see in the future.

OMG YAS, I THOUGHT IT WAS #30 :jonny3:

let me bookmark this thread in any case :cm:

22 minutes ago, Otter said:

If Rih's sales are decent, then so is Zara's :rip:

Rihanna, 10 years into her career, one of the biggest acts the UK has ever seen, should not be held to a lower standard than Zara.

Edit: I think misunderstood, were you talking about Music of the Sun's first week sales?

"In the United Kingdom, the album debuted and peaked at number 35 on the UK Albums Chart in the chart issue October 10, 2005."

You said this:

Zara has had more global hits than Rihanna had during her debut in 2006.

2006 was the time AGLM was released so despite that Zara had more hits than Rih during the start of her career, Rih was still able to have decent first week sales. AGLM also sold 24k in the UK first week.

EDIT: Although she debuted in 2005 and MOTS not selling well in the UK, she still had a higher debut amount.

Edited by Dark XXX

Eh, i only see her making it to the US market with symphony (which it has smash all written on it) if it doesn't happen, just let the poor girl be an European act, stop wasting coins where she doesn't belong.

1 hour ago, oceans said:

Sad to be a zardine now :'(

Not a Zardine :ahh:

6 minutes ago, BlazingLovatic said:

OMG YAS, I THOUGHT IT WAS #30 :jonny3:

on sunday yes, but It just climbed back up now.

Edited by whatyouwant_

The lead single came out 2 years ago and the album was delayed for 1 year and a half

Half of the album was already out upto 2 years before it was even released

What numbers were y'all expecting for this greatest hits collection? :deadbanana3:

These numbers are tragic but expected. Epic reaps what they sow! 

The pure sales are tragic, but in SPS the album's already over 200k in the U.S. 

I wonder if Symphony will count for So Good's SPS.

7 minutes ago, Dark XXX said:

You said this:

2006 was the time AGLM was released so despite that Zara had more hits than Rih during the start of her career, Rih was still able to have decent first week sales. AGLM also sold 24k in the UK first week.

Oh, I got her debut year mixed up. 2005 is when Music of the Sun debuted. And 24k in 2006 is no better than 15k in 2017. But the point isn't to drag Rihanna, its to give context to Zara's numbers in the UK. 

Infact Rihanna is the perfect example of how upcoming pop acts should be handled. The label didn't hold her album for ransom until she had 2 global smashes on her belt, they just put out her earlier albums and let her grow organically. She won in the end.

Edited by Otter

Omg queen Nelly Debited with 5k with no promo. What a flop zara is

CL+Lee+Chaerin+2NE1+Laughing+Beauty+GIF.

Is this pure sales or SPS for the week? :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

I mean is anyone shocked? her forte seems to be streaming and her only hit was "never forget you" which happened nearly a year ago.

What did you all expect? She had like one hit in the US with "Never Forget You" and this song was released in 2015.

She had three Top 20 hits here in germany and the album only debuted at number 29.