"So Good" debuts with 5k

victoriagv

8 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

Omg she doesn't deserve this. How are her UK numbers though?

8k I think

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• BlazingLovatic

• Theshigo Washidu

• Tinashebanks

Snatch Nelly Furtado's wig, queen.

The crazy thing about this is you'd expect people like this to have more than 5K friends / connections in the US to buy their album.

Edited by eli's_rhythm

This angers me. She chose to release the album so late, and with no hype. She would've probably sold more if she released the version of the album she had last summer rather than trying to make it full of "hits" that never happened...

Image result for happy atrl gif

I think she's annoying but I genuinely felt bad 

f99e9d7187c49fa5d6147da07893ea51.gif

Just now, Tinashebanks said:

Grime artists who have never been on TV outsold her... Her UK numbers are tragic honestly. I expected a top 5 debut 

well, i don't think its good but not that bad either, peak isn't that important, if she has stability she'll be fine.

8 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

TOP 10 debut in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway and UK... how is that bad ? And Swiss album chart isn't out yet, only the singles chart :rip:

I didn't know about those. Pretty respectable tbh. Still not a success overall, but I take the "flopping" back.

She did flop in the UK though, sis. Lbr. With her hits and her promo, she should have been top 3 and spend at least like 3 weeks in the top 10.

Sorry miss "I'm a proud man hater",

good luck booking a tour with those #'s.

I think this is worse than DEV.

UhtnokP.gif

Edited by TheCheshireCat

That's sad huh. The way ATRL overhyped that girl 

Proof no amount of Spotify payola can make people care about you. 

15 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

The low sales in the US make sense. Her only hit there was Never Forget You over a year ago and she doesn't have a fanbase

I was more surprised by how it flopped everywhere else (minus Switzerland). Especially the UK. LIke, HOW?

The album had like 5 lead singles and (So Good) was a flop everywhere, it was delayed several times and had zero hype approaching release. She was never gonna punch out the gate with this launch roll out, its just not realistic.

And I wouldn't call her UK numbers objectively bad. 15k is respectable but she should have opened with higher with all her potential last year.

Edited by Otter

2 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

well, i don't think its good but not that bad either, peak isn't that important, if she has stability she'll be fine.

They need to release a new single & push that, honestly so good ruined her momentum

18 minutes ago, camila cabello said:

I really don't know whether to laugh or be sad... she definitely deserves better. Unfortunately bad single choices and lack of promo along with constantly pushing the album back all factored into its debut. Hopefully the Clean Bandit tour will get her name out there, but I don't know how famous they are here in the US. 

Um Clean Bandit are pretty popular with Rockabye right now and Rather Be was all over the radios and even won a Grammy. So maybe??

But at least she didn't end up like Rita Ora and could actually release an album in the US. So that's something. Peak isn't that important if it continues to sell over time.

Edited by Witnessed ET

16 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

The acts ATRL make the most noise about never really do well.

ATRL as a collective has such dated and  generic music taste. A bunch of 20 something gay men that like shiny female pop stars manufactured for teenage girls (like Zara and Dua Lipa). Pop girls just aren't with the times anymore and you all come off as, well... kinda old with all your Britney Spears avatars and such.

13 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

Omg she doesn't deserve this. How are her UK numbers though?

#7 with 15k

:lmao:

Serves her right for releasing such a bad album