Billboard Charts (March 26-April 1, 2017)

iHype.

2 minutes ago, Inner Insanity said:

Still pressed over how they keep snubbing Doubt:grump: Heavydirtysoul is alright but it's really not on the same level. I saw its floppage coming the minute they announced its single treatment. 

Speak on iT! So unfair :biblio:

Has "Heavydirtysoul" even charted in the bubbling under?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• DELE2125

• iHype.

3 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Speak on iT! So unfair :biblio:

Has "Heavydirtysoul" even charted in the bubbling under?

At #25. :toofunny2:

56 minutes ago, Inner Insanity said:

Still pressed over how they keep snubbing Doubt. :grump: Heavydirtysoul is alright but it's really not on the same level. I saw its floppage coming the minute they announced its single treatment. 

Same, I really don't know why they tried, the outcome was obvious.

56 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

"On Top Of The World" did pretty well in sales too. It's over 1M copies, which is great for any final single. Especially after all the copies Night Visions moved and after two monster hits like "Radioactive" (8M) and "Demons" (5M).

"Lane Boy" was an assured hit. Just looking at its sales and its YT streams (the most out of all the non-singles, even better than "Flop In My Heart"). I don't understand how didn't they pushed that. :michael:

Lane Boy streams are fantastic, 130M on youtube for a non-single? that's amazing, it's such a strong song, they really had a hit on their hands, however the fact that it has so many streams already and it has already sold quite well (don't know the exact numbers but it's certified gold) would kill some of it's potential by the time it was released, but still it was the best option left.

I wonder what would've happened had they not be included in the Suicide Squad soundtrack, I hava a feeling that they would've have released Lane Boy after Ride, in that sense is a shame that Heathens got in the way of the Blurryface era but it was such a great opportunity and an amazing single/song so it was for the better.

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

You are right. That record lost a lot of its meaning after the unfortunate implementation of 25/52.

Lane Boy was never a single.

Uptown Funk & Closer would easily pass Radioactive tho.

Early Predictions.

(01) Shape of You || iTunes: #2 || Radio: #1 || Spotify: #3 || YouTube: #1 || Pandora: #1 (=) 

(02) That's What I Like || iTunes: #1 || Radio: #2 || Spotify: #5* || YouTube: #2 || Pandora: #11 (=) 
(03) Something Just Like This || iTunes: #3 || Radio: #17 || Spotify: #10* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #4 (+4) 

(04) I Feel It Coming || iTunes: #9 || Radio: #4 || Spotify: #30* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #17 (+1) 

(05) I Don't Wanna Live Forever || iTunes: #30 || Radio: #3 || Spotify: #22* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #3 (-2) 
(06) Tunnel Vision || iTunes: #42 || Radio: N/A || Spotify: #6* || YouTube: #3 || Pandora: #29 (=) 

(07) Bad and Boujee || iTunes: #53 || Radio: #24 || Spotify: #17* || YouTube: #8 || Pandora: N/A (-3) 

(08) iSpy || iTunes: #20 || Radio: #46 || Spotify: #4* || YouTube: #4 || Pandora: #16 (+4) 

(09) Paris || iTunes: #15 || Radio: #6 || Spotify: #19* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #5 (+1) 

(10) Rockabye || iTunes: #6 || Radio: #14 || Spotify: #62* || YouTube: #20 || Pandora: #7 (+3)

(11) Chained To The Rhythm || iTunes: #5 || Radio: #9 || Spotify: #43* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #21 (+8)

(12) Body Like A Back Road || iTunes: #4 || Radio: #33 || Spotify: #23* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #27 (+4) 

(13) Love On The Brain || iTunes: #37 || Radio: #5 || Spotify: #35* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(14) Bounce Back || iTunes: #50 || Radio: #12 || Spotify: #16* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #2 (=) 
(15) Mask Off || iTunes: #16 || Radio: #130 || Spotify: #2 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #58 (+9)

(16) It Ain't Me || iTunes: #10 || Radio: #29 || Spotify: #8* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #9 (+4)

(17) Stay || iTunes: #7 || Radio: #35 || Spotify: #7* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #8 (+4) 

(18) Say You Won't Let Go || iTunes: #8 || Radio: #20 || Spotify: #33* || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #10 (+4) 

(19) Passionfruit || iTunes: #18 || Radio: #280 || Spotify: #1 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (-10) 

(20) Closer || iTunes: #40 || Radio: #13 || Spotify: #36* || YouTube: #13 || Pandora: N/A (-3) 

Edited by ARTPØP

2 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Hence why that record is less meaningful than before 25/52

EDIT: I wouldn't say "easily" though. I'd have to take a closer look.

1 minute ago, alexanderao said:

Hence why that record is less meaningful than before 25/52

EDIT: I wouldn't say "easily" though. I'd have to take a closer look.

Lol that pun!

Uptown Funk is still so strong, it's unbelievable. Closer will also continue to have great weekly stats, so they wouldn't drop under #50 that easily.

I don't understand why Billboard didn't make that super-recurrent rule when they saw what happened with Radioactive & Sail or even I'm Yours. It was getting ridiculous.

Uptown Funk deserved that record & was going to snatch it anyway. 

Closer's kickstart could be a disadvantage tho.

Just now, Tremor Christ said:

I don't understand why Billboard didn't make that super-recurrent rule when they saw what happened with Radioactive & Sail or even I'm Yours. It was getting ridiculous.

Uptown Funk deserved that record & was going to snatch it anyway. 

Closer's kickstart could be a disadvantage tho.

I don't understand why they made it in the first place. :celestial5: 

Actually, that's not really true. I do understand it– I just vehemently disagree with the reasoning behind it.

not CTTR climbing up to 11 next week and missing out another week at the TOP 10 :toofunny3: Katy sis you better pay the radio guys at least this week 

Stay starting its climb to the TOP 10, almost past IAM :party:

butterflysupreme
3 hours ago, Losing my ground said:

All those Drake entries that ruins the chart :rip:

As a twenty one pilots-non fan (casual listener you may say) I loved Heavydirtysoul, even more than Stressed Out, Heathens and Ride. So I don't know what their fans are talking about. I listened to "Doubt" and it's pretty bad at first listening. "Lane Boy" is cool but should end at 2.40, after that it gets useless. I liked "Polarized" the most but screams as album track, not single material at all.

So no, HDS was the right choice and if it flopped (I don't really know/care), others would have flopped harder.

All of this

13 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

not CTTR climbing up to 11 next week and missing out another week at the TOP 10 :toofunny3: Katy sis you better pay the radio guys at least this week 

Stay starting its climb to the TOP 10, almost past IAM :party:

The songs on that region are so close to each other that CTTR could be like #14 or could be #10, the past few radio updates won't help it though.

1 hour ago, Tremor Christ said:

UF! wouldn't have... Closer, we'll see... Radioactive's record was not an easy and/or achievable one.

Something Just Like This is predicted to be top 3 already? :deadbanana:

Katy's record will be snatched. The Chainsmokers are releasing singles like crazy

18 minutes ago, Green said:

Something Just Like This is predicted to be top 3 already? :deadbanana:

Katy's record will be snatched. The Chainsmokers are releasing singles like crazy

They can sure try... I don't think they'll beat the record. Watch them come close just to not break it :fan:

I just listened to Lane Boy for the first time and it's so bad omg... HDS is much better. Both would flop as singles bc they're not radio friendly at all. If anything Doubt had a chance at radio. 

Yet again I don't really like tøp at all 

Stay will blow up when the MV comes out.

I think it could go Top 10 in 2-3 weeks. :duca: 

28 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

Stay will blow up when the MV comes out.

I think it could go Top 10 in 2-3 weeks. :duca: 

I want it to go top 3/5 so bad 

33 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

I want it to go top 3/5 so bad 

Me too.

The MV looks v promising imo.

HFIG is stunting its growth in NZ tho.

8 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

Me too.

The MV looks v promising imo.

HFIG is stunting its growth in NZ tho.

This is gonna smash i'm so here for it 

3 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

This is gonna smash i'm so here for it 

right as the summer starts :gaycat5: 

9 hours ago, Tremor Christ said:

No, Uptown Funk would've reached 70-76 weeks. After 76 weeks, the surge in sales after Prince's passing, and the onslaught of Beyonce' and Drake's songs over those three weeks would've pushed UF below 50. And around week 70/71 I think UF may've dipped below #50 too. And there are still several more one-week boosts that would put it back above 50, but BB wants two consecutive weeks for re-entries, and after 52 weeks it must place above 25. UF got two weeks above 25/52 thanks to viral videos. But BB didn't let UF back on the Hot 100 until after both the SB HT AND Grammys boost. Our estimates put the song at around #24 right after the SB HT performance.

As for Closer, it should get to 52 weeks while still in the Top 40, but I doubt it can stay above #25 for 52 weeks. The song is falling faster than I expected after its amazing Top 10 run. Still, I think Closer should hover in the 26-35 range until week 52, meaning it should get a year long run in the Top 40. Only 9 other songs in the Hot 100's history have spent a year or more than 52 weeks fully within the Top 40. So that in and of itself is quite an accomplishment. I think Closer would reach 60-65 weeks on the Hot 100 without 25/52.

51 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

No, Uptown Funk would've reached 70-76 weeks. After 76 weeks, the surge in sales after Prince's passing, and the onslaught of Beyonce' and Drake's songs over those three weeks would've pushed UF below 50. And around week 70/71 I think UF may've dipped below #50 too. 

As for Closer, it should get to 52 weeks while still in the Top 40, but I doubt it can stay above #25 for 52 weeks. The song is falling faster than I expected after its amazing Top 10 run. Still, I think Closer should hover in the 26-35 range until week 52, meaning it should get a year long run in the Top 40. Only 9 other songs in the Hot 100's history have spent a year or more than 52 weeks fully within the Top 40. So that in and of itself is quite an accomplishment.

Oh yes i forgot about the album cuts charting, Radioactive's chartrun was in 2013, when streaming wasn't this big & album cuts only charted if they had strong sales so they didn't have to go through that.

8 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Oh yes i forgot about the album cuts charting, Radioactive's chartrun was in 2013, when streaming wasn't this big & album cuts only charted if they had strong sales so they didn't have to go through that.

Yeah, the album cuts are a real pain in the rear, and that's being overly nice about the chart disruptions they cause. That's why I wish labels only made songs available for download and streaming when they are officially released. That's how ITunes worked in the beginning. And I also wish CMA wasn't an option.

do all time charts include data from recurrents? otherwise they can be inaccurate such as possibly in the case of UF