Billboard Charts (March 26-April 1, 2017)

iHype.

QueenofCopyPaste

I hope Harry at least weakens Ed

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• DELE2125

• iHype.

I feel like Harry's debut single will be polarizing like this town by nial. I'm ready for it to be released on Thursday and only have one day of tracking so Ed can continue :alexz:

QueenofCopyPaste
30 minutes ago, Émotif Fool said:

I feel like Harry's debut single will be polarizing like this town by nial. I'm ready for it to be released on Thursday and only have one day of tracking so Ed can continue :alexz:

Its dropping at April 7th though (Friday) :)

31 minutes ago, Al3xlic0na said:

@simmnfierzig what's your prediction for "Light My Body Up"

Would have it around 40 points with around 50 needed to debut on the Hot 100.

Edited by simmnfierzig

If Despacito by Luis Fonsi goes top 50 (I think it will happen next week) would it be the first song in spanish to make it since Enrique's Bailando? I know that Hasta el Amanecer and Duele el Corazón didn't make it and Chantaje was so close but failed to do it peaking at #51 but I can't remember any other big latin songs that could've done it

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

i was recently in Scotland. I was tuned fifteen pounds got me a brand new phone, no required year access subscription, and enough minutes, texts free radio access on the phone for my vacation.

Well, I don't know about Scotland, but mobile operators don't give out free phones all over Europe lol.

@ChartsFanI don't think the difference between single and album track is that prevalent anymore. The charts are more accurate than they've ever been before and show how some album tracks and even singles are popular for a short period then fall off in contrast to large singles that stay around like Closer and CSTF!.

+ Let's not forget smash album tracks like Pour It Up prior to its single release that have serious chart runs without any hit treatment or similarities besides popularity

Or in 2017 terms - "Mask Off" isn't a single and is about to enter the T10!

7 minutes ago, Auris said:

@ChartsFanI don't think the difference between single and album track is that prevalent anymore. The charts are more accurate than they've ever been before and show how some album tracks and even singles are popular for a short period then fall off in contrast to large singles that stay around like Closer and CSTF!.

This tbh

Quite legendary

A LOT of dropouts this week

2wewck0.png

Video Version of Hot 100

Edited by ilovemusic432

Heathens had a really nice run. :clap3: Caroline too– a shame it couldn't crack the top 10. 

Black Beatles :rip: It spent more than a quarter of its chart run at #1. 

Heathens and Caroline :cries: I just started getting into the latter too

Rip Chantaje

Poor "Chantaje" :weeps: Shakira needed to book that Grammy performance.

Poor "Heathens" as well. :(

9 hours ago, FutureHive said:

14 Mask Off     206

percocets molly percocets emot-slick.gif

chase a check emot-slick.gif

never chase a bitch emot-slick.gif

a BOP 

3 hours ago, ahdm said:

If Despacito by Luis Fonsi goes top 50 (I think it will happen next week) would it be the first song in spanish to make it since Enrique's Bailando? I know that Hasta el Amanecer and Duele el Corazón didn't make it and Chantaje was so close but failed to do it peaking at #51 but I can't remember any other big latin songs that could've done it

Bailando also had an english version with Sean Paul

Shakira's Loca also had an english version with Dizzee Rascal

Daddy Yankee's Rompe had an english remix

So the last spanish only song to do it was probably Shakira's La Tortura in 2005 which peaked at #23.

Edited by Green

2 hours ago, Green said:

So the last spanish only song to do it was probably Shakira's La Tortura in 2005 which peaked at #23.

Enrique should have NEVER released that AWFUL english version :mazen:

Queen Shakira setting records left and right! :alexz:

3 hours ago, Green said:

I totally forgot about Rompe, it did very well, I just looked it up and saw that it peaked at #24

And yeah is true, those songs had an english version so Despacito would be the first one in 12 years, it truly is such a global hit; btw I have a question for those living on the US, the english version of Bailando was the popular one? is that the one that was played on the radio, clubs etc. most of the time?

15 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Enrique should have NEVER released that AWFUL english version :mazen:

Queen Shakira setting records left and right! :alexz:

The chorus is funny in a such a bad way, I mean...

I wanna be contigo
And live contigo, and dance contigo
Para have contigo :rip: 

19 minutes ago, ahdm said:

I totally forgot about Rompe, it did very well, I just looked it up and saw that it peaked at #24

And yeah is true, those songs had an english version so Despacito would be the first one in 12 years, it truly is such a global hit; btw I have a question for those living on the US, the english version of Bailando was the popular one? is that the one that was played on the radio, clubs etc. most of the time?

The chorus is funny in a such a bad way, I mean...

I wanna be contigo
And live contigo, and dance contigo
Para have contigo :rip: 

I think it says "Gotta have contigo", not "Para have"...

Either way is TRAGIC and not needed!

I can't believe "Heavydirtysoul" never debuted on the Hot100... Serves them right for paying dust to the masterpiece that is "Doubt".

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, ahdm said:

:jonny: a SMASH