Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Trump bans Huawei in America

50 posts in this topic

i wonder how much his good friend Tim Cook paid him!

I mean Huawei is not trustworthy in any way, but banning may be a bit harsh. If someone wants to be spied on, let them be!!!

Either way people are always spied by these tech companies, being them chinese, american or korean....

10 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:
I wonder how much his good friend Tim Cook paid him!

$0, you don’t need to be a fan of Apple to understand why this happened.  Tim Cook hates Trump FYI.

Hating ass b*ch. :rip:

1) Petty and unnecessary

2) Literally almost no one uses those phones

3) The only thing that should be banned from America is Trump and his crooked family 

The phone is trash but this is extreme 

It’s not extreme and we’re not just talking about smartphones. Huawei also makes modems and other things. They cannot be trusted. Nobody should want China having any access to their data access. Imagine a world war and China can activate a kill switch on every Huawei tower and phone. Since people don’t have tv or radio, there would be an instant information and communication blackout on hundreds of millions or even billions of people. Nobody would know when or where to seek shelter. 

These companies had their chance to be trustworthy. They were found not to be. 

20 minutes ago, MaoMars said:

I mean Huawei is not trustworthy in any way, but banning may be a bit harsh. If someone wants to be spied on, let them be!!!

Either way people are always spied by these tech companies, being them chinese, american or korean....

As if Apple doesn't spy on people lol

I will always love and have my Huawei :heart2:

7 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

1) Petty and unnecessary

2) Literally almost no one uses those phones

3) The only thing that should be banned from America is Trump and his crooked family 

Huawei has just overtaken Apple to be the second largest smartphone maker in the world. Everyone's sales are down while only Huawei's are up.

2 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I will always love and have my Huawei :heart2:

same i love mine!

People blindly hating just because it was Trump's decision. :dies:

1 minute ago, fabbriche said:

Huawei has just overtaken Apple to be the second largest smartphone maker in the world. Everyone's sales are down while only Huawei's are up.

Sorry, I should of been more specific. I meant in America. I know that Huawei is HUGE is Asia. 

Huawei is even trashier than Apple. I gave it a chance, it worked fine for like 6 months and then became useless :skull:

1 minute ago, that G.U.Y. said:

Yes and what about it?

CbwEq44.gif

7 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

It’s not extreme and we’re not just talking about smartphones. Huawei also makes modems and other things. They cannot be trusted. Nobody should want China having any access to their data access. Imagine a world war and China can activate a kill switch on every Huawei tower and phone. Since people don’t have tv or radio, there would be an instant information and communication blackout on hundreds of millions or even billions of people. Nobody would know when or where to seek shelter. 

all of this seems like jargon apropos of nothing, are there any articles you can direct us to that actually has any concrete proof?

3 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

Sorry, I should of been more specific. I meant in America. I know that Huawei is HUGE is Asia. 

it definitely isn't in korea or japan :rip:

11 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

exactly

dump actually did something right for once :skull:

Will he ban Facebook too?

7 minutes ago, that G.U.Y. said:

Hate the sinner, hate the sin

8 minutes ago, Gasp said:

As if Apple doesn't spy on people lol

No, they don’t.  I’m assuming you’ve done zero research into their data practices so I’ll just leave it at that.  Huawei is required by the Chinese government to spy on Chinese citizens, so you can bet there are several backdoors in all Huawei products that allow users to be identified and tracked.  Huawei also makes telecommunications equipment for cell networks, especially 5G, which is more of why this ban came about.  No, I don’t trust a company that is required to spy on Chinese citizens by archiving personal user data and building in backdoors for governments to operate in my country and potentially have my data used without my consent or awareness.

2 minutes ago, Archetype said:

No, they don’t.  I’m assuming you’ve done zero research into their data practices so I’ll just leave it at that.  Huawei is required by the Chinese government to spy on Chinese citizens, so you can bet there are several backdoors in all Huawei products that allow users to be identified and tracked.  Huawei also makes telecommunications equipment for cell networks, especially 5G, which is more of why this ban came about.  No, I don’t trust a company that is required to spy on Chinese citizens by archiving personal user data and building in backdoors for governments to operate in my country and potentially have my data used without my consent or awareness.

Yeah just like facebook didn't. Don't be delusional every major tech company spies on citizens.  :dies:

how do u ban a US state? polynesians remain unbothered. 

That phone is trash anyway.

They made them cheap, put some nice specs inside and people are happy, but no one actually checks the radiation numbers of these cheap phones.

Stay safe kitty girls.