Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does Wentworth Miller deserve more success?

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 

Michael-Scofield-prison-break-653200_399_600.jpg

 

After Prison Break he instead semi-retired from acting which I think has something to do with him fighting his own sexuality/rumors about it before eventually came out in 2013.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really despised him as Captain Cold and I haven't seen him in anything else so no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people should get recognition for their talents.

 

Prison break was iconic at its time, and he got the acclaim he deserved, but just because he came out as gay, doesn't mean he needs to get token roles.

 

When he acts in something good again, then he will get more success 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel767 said:

I think people should get recognition for their talents.

 

Prison break was iconic at its time, and he got the acclaim he deserved, but just because he came out as gay, doesn't mean he needs to get token roles.

 

When he acts in something good again, then he will get more success 

That's not what I meant to say. I would think after Prison Break he would get more roles or star in some more movies, but he semi-retired from acting instead. I assume the reason is he needed to find personal space since everyone was questioning about his sexuality. He was depressed before he came out in 2013. Even after he came out, I've only see him again as Captain Cold.

 

5 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I really despised him as Captain Cold and I haven't seen him in anything else so no

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a stunning man that's for sure. Those eyes!

 

Always thought he would be great for a superhero role in a film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really followed his career closely. I am surprised to learn that he is about 1/4 African-American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember thinking he was a particularly great actor, so no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he enjoys being indy so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiejc said:

He's a stunning man that's for sure. Those eyes!

 

Always thought he would be great for a superhero role in a film.

Kinda sad that he got depressed due to his personal struggles with his own sexuality getting in the way of his career. He can at least serve in some action-crime movies.:jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, he’s so hot as Chris Redfield :drool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

I never really followed his career closely. I am surprised to learn that he is about 1/4 African-American.

Dad is half black half white, mom is half white with Arabic roots and some Jewish ancestry as well. Multicultural king.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fighting rumors? He’s been out for years sis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superbitch said:

Fighting rumors? He’s been out for years sis. 

Fixe the OP. I meant he was fighting the rumors that's why he semi-retired for like 3 years before coming out and cast as Captain Cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes he's talented and sexy :jonny5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I don't remember thinking he was a particularly great actor, so no.

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He used to be good-looking, but he hasn't aged well:

 

hollywood-actor-wentworth-miller-s-caree


As for acting, I think he was alright. There's something about him that doesn't work anymore. It always seems like he's trying to act tough and deepen his voice and talk from the side of his mouth (like the actor who plays Chuck on Gossip Girl) and that was even before coming out. I remember his SVU episode and thinking he was weird (although it worked for the episode).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has been on several TV shows that made it to syndication. I would say he's been reasonably successful for an actor of his caliber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't know if he's doing anymore screenplay work, but he wrote Stoker (2013), which, in my opinion, is a modern psychological horror classic

 

well, i mean he did get Park Chan-wook to direct it. but nonetheless, the script was decent. i hope he does more writing and maybe even directing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daniel767 said:

I think people should get recognition for their talents.

 

Prison break was iconic at its time, and he got the acclaim he deserved, but just because he came out as gay, doesn't mean he needs to get token roles.

 

When he acts in something good again, then he will get more success 

Is it possible that he may not be getting casted in any good roles because of his sexuality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He deserves all the recognition in the world for his iconic role in “It’s Like That” and “We Belong Together”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Inverted said:

He used to be good-looking, but he hasn't aged well:

 

hollywood-actor-wentworth-miller-s-caree


As for acting, I think he was alright. There's something about him that doesn't work anymore. It always seems like he's trying to act tough and deepen his voice and talk from the side of his mouth (like the actor who plays Chuck on Gossip Girl) and that was even before coming out. I remember his SVU episode and thinking he was weird (although it worked for the episode).

I think you might be right. Something is off with him now. Weird because in 2013 he looked just as good as he was in 2009.

 

18 hours ago, ariesjow said:

He has been on several TV shows that made it to syndication. I would say he's been reasonably successful for an actor of his caliber. 

I think his most notable works are only Prison Break & Captain Cold.

 

17 hours ago, uusagii said:

i don't know if he's doing anymore screenplay work, but he wrote Stoker (2013), which, in my opinion, is a modern psychological horror classic

 

well, i mean he did get Park Chan-wook to direct it. but nonetheless, the script was decent. i hope he does more writing and maybe even directing.

Matthew Goode was hot in that movie and both Mia & Nicole were spectacular with the acting! Story-wise though, it's kinda basic.

 

14 hours ago, Navyboy20 said:

Is it possible that he may not be getting casted in any good roles because of his sexuality?

I think he wasn't cast in more roles because of himself fighting his depression.

 

13 hours ago, Memoirs387 said:

He deserves all the recognition in the world for his iconic role in “It’s Like That” and “We Belong Together”. 

His peak tbh :jonny5: He was so hot in those MVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being Mariah’s love interest is his peak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He deserves the whole world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0