Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does Wentworth Miller deserve more success?

24 posts in this topic

Michael-Scofield-prison-break-653200_399_600.jpg

After Prison Break he instead semi-retired from acting which I think has something to do with him fighting his own sexuality/rumors about it before eventually came out in 2013.

I really despised him as Captain Cold and I haven't seen him in anything else so no

I think people should get recognition for their talents.

Prison break was iconic at its time, and he got the acclaim he deserved, but just because he came out as gay, doesn't mean he needs to get token roles.

When he acts in something good again, then he will get more success 

Just now, Daniel767 said:

Prison break was iconic at its time, and he got the acclaim he deserved, but just because he came out as gay, doesn't mean he needs to get token roles.

That's not what I meant to say. I would think after Prison Break he would get more roles or star in some more movies, but he semi-retired from acting instead. I assume the reason is he needed to find personal space since everyone was questioning about his sexuality. He was depressed before he came out in 2013. Even after he came out, I've only see him again as Captain Cold.

5 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I really despised him as Captain Cold and I haven't seen him in anything else so no

Why?

He's a stunning man that's for sure. Those eyes!

Always thought he would be great for a superhero role in a film.

I never really followed his career closely. I am surprised to learn that he is about 1/4 African-American.

I don't remember thinking he was a particularly great actor, so no.

he enjoys being indy so

1 minute ago, tiejc said:

He's a stunning man that's for sure. Those eyes!

Always thought he would be great for a superhero role in a film.

Kinda sad that he got depressed due to his personal struggles with his own sexuality getting in the way of his career. He can at least serve in some action-crime movies.:jonny5:

I mean, he’s so hot as Chris Redfield :drool:

3 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

I never really followed his career closely. I am surprised to learn that he is about 1/4 African-American.

Dad is half black half white, mom is half white with Arabic roots and some Jewish ancestry as well. Multicultural king.

Fighting rumors? He’s been out for years sis. 

1 minute ago, Superbitch said:

Fighting rumors? He’s been out for years sis. 

Fixe the OP. I meant he was fighting the rumors that's why he semi-retired for like 3 years before coming out and cast as Captain Cold.

Yes he's talented and sexy :jonny5:

Yes. 

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I don't remember thinking he was a particularly great actor, so no.

this

He used to be good-looking, but he hasn't aged well:

hollywood-actor-wentworth-miller-s-caree

As for acting, I think he was alright. There's something about him that doesn't work anymore. It always seems like he's trying to act tough and deepen his voice and talk from the side of his mouth (like the actor who plays Chuck on Gossip Girl) and that was even before coming out. I remember his SVU episode and thinking he was weird (although it worked for the episode).

He has been on several TV shows that made it to syndication. I would say he's been reasonably successful for an actor of his caliber. 

i don't know if he's doing anymore screenplay work, but he wrote Stoker (2013), which, in my opinion, is a modern psychological horror classic

well, i mean he did get Park Chan-wook to direct it. but nonetheless, the script was decent. i hope he does more writing and maybe even directing.

6 hours ago, Daniel767 said:

Is it possible that he may not be getting casted in any good roles because of his sexuality?

He deserves all the recognition in the world for his iconic role in “It’s Like That” and “We Belong Together”. 

18 hours ago, Inverted said:

He used to be good-looking, but he hasn't aged well:

hollywood-actor-wentworth-miller-s-caree

As for acting, I think he was alright. There's something about him that doesn't work anymore. It always seems like he's trying to act tough and deepen his voice and talk from the side of his mouth (like the actor who plays Chuck on Gossip Girl) and that was even before coming out. I remember his SVU episode and thinking he was weird (although it worked for the episode).

I think you might be right. Something is off with him now. Weird because in 2013 he looked just as good as he was in 2009.

18 hours ago, ariesjow said:

He has been on several TV shows that made it to syndication. I would say he's been reasonably successful for an actor of his caliber. 

I think his most notable works are only Prison Break & Captain Cold.

17 hours ago, uusagii said:

i don't know if he's doing anymore screenplay work, but he wrote Stoker (2013), which, in my opinion, is a modern psychological horror classic

well, i mean he did get Park Chan-wook to direct it. but nonetheless, the script was decent. i hope he does more writing and maybe even directing.

Matthew Goode was hot in that movie and both Mia & Nicole were spectacular with the acting! Story-wise though, it's kinda basic.

14 hours ago, Navyboy20 said:

Is it possible that he may not be getting casted in any good roles because of his sexuality?

I think he wasn't cast in more roles because of himself fighting his depression.

13 hours ago, Memoirs387 said:

He deserves all the recognition in the world for his iconic role in “It’s Like That” and “We Belong Together”. 

His peak tbh :jonny5: He was so hot in those MVs.

Being Mariah’s love interest is his peak

He deserves the whole world.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0