Mimie

Pokéthread • Sword & Shield GOTY Edition

Ferst

Gen VII serves beauty and talent in the same package. Something no other Gen has ever done. 

QpXgAib.gif

Alolan forms, even tho it pandered to genwunners, managed to improve most Gen I Pokemon.  Persian being the only exception.

QpXgAib.gif

Temporal
16 minutes ago, Gladion said:

I've changed my mind ya'll

Gen 6 > Gen 7 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 5 > Gen 1 > Gen 4

QpXgAib.gif

Gen 6 the best Gen? Girl. You need to do some soul searching or get some mental assistance because no one who loves themselves or is all there would say something so egregious and horrifying. 

QpXgAib.gif 

Pamela Pepper
2 minutes ago, Temporal said:

Gen 6 the best Gen? Girl. You need to do some soul searching or get some mental assistance because no one who loves themselves or is all there would say something so egregious and horrifying. 

QpXgAib.gif 

Fine. I just wanted to keep the gen 6 love going, realistically:

Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 7 > Gen 6 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 1

with gen 6 and 7 still sinking in and proving their impact and legacy

Image result for latoya gif

Pamela Pepper

You all are scared to admit you love the beauty, cohesiveness, perfection that is gen 6

DripDrip

I can't wait for D/P on the Switch to show why its the best Gen of all time

QpXgAib.gif

Subomie

Gen 5 is growing on me like a tumor, I'm slowly descending into a stan

tumblr_inline_ml3lgrYhBg1qz4rgp.gif

John.

I can't wait for actual post game stuff. Sinnoh BF >>>> stupid Battle Tree & Maison. 

!Blue!
1 minute ago, Subomie said:

Gen 5 is growing on me like a tumor, I'm slowly descending into a stan

tumblr_inline_ml3lgrYhBg1qz4rgp.gif

What a beautiful way to start this new atrl era

Pamela Pepper
3 minutes ago, DripDrip said:

I can't wait for D/P on the Switch to show why its the best Gen of all time

QpXgAib.gif

Most of my complaints with gen 4 are fixable. If they were all fixed, I think it is capable of being in my top 4 or even 3 favorite generations again. It just needs some simple fixes.

QpXgAib.gif

Pamela Pepper

Gen 5 is in my opinion way better than gen 4 and is only hated because it is popular to hate. Gen 5 has a lot of the same issues gen 1 has for me but no one hates on gen 1 because of nostalgia and legacy. Gen 5 would be perfect for me if half of the pokemon were removed, the region wasn't so linear, and the gym leaders and other things in the game were a little more polished and exciting

Ferst
3 minutes ago, John. said:

I can't wait for actual post game stuff. Sinnoh BF >>>> stupid Battle Tree & Maison. 

If the BF wasn't a thing in ORAS. What makes you think it's going to be in the D/P remakes?

tumblr_mlsnr6kXcO1r8bgjwo1_400.gif

John.
2 minutes ago, Ferst said:

If the BF wasn't a thing in ORAS. What makes you think it's going to be in the D/P remakes?

tumblr_mlsnr6kXcO1r8bgjwo1_400.gif

It's smaller then Hoenns and they could always pull a HGSS and bring in quality for the even gens. 

QpXgAib.gif

Subomie
Spoiler

Gen 5 would be fine if she had a similar size dex to Gen 4, they did too much.

Also the early game pokémon in both Unova games r garbage, it's painful trynna replay when you need to get badges before you can train something you actually like. 

pE4U4.gif

Icannot

I've had time to let S&M sink in and it is definitely up there with Platinum as one of the entries in the series. 

P.S. I used Lurantis in one of my playthroughs and she SUCKS. I love her design, but the sis definitely received the short end of the Grass stick. 

ehlTWxx.gif

Edited by Icannot

~Lexi~

After the Switch presentation, was anyone else left completely confused how there was an absence on Pokémon on their new consol/handheld hybrid? I'm now more confused if the Switch is even a handheld or just a portable home console after seeing the battery life and zero portable franchisees present during the launch year. My guess, Nintendo dosnt even know yet. #PrayForStars

RihannaRTT
4 minutes ago, Icannot said:

I've had time to let S&M sink in and it is definitely up there with Platinum as one of the entries in the series. 

P.S. I used Lurantis in one of my playthroughs and she SUCKS. I love her design, but the sis definitely received the short end of the Grass stick. 

ehlTWxx.gif

You must have caught a terrible one tbh :gaycat5:

I used legend Lurantis for my first playthrough and she was honestly the MVP. Able to take hits and dish out massive damage too with Bloom Doom. 

She's horrible competitively tho ofc. Will Move Tutors to abuse physical contrary moves save ha? 

Pamela Pepper

The alola pokedex would of been perfect without the alolan forms and ultra beasts tbh (minus Nihilego and Ninetales)

Pamela Pepper
Just now, ~Lexi~ said:

After the Switch presentation, was anyone else left completely confused how there was an absence on Pokémon on their new consol/handheld hybrid? I'm now more confused if the Switch is even a handheld or just a portable home console after seeing the battery life and zero portable franchisees present during the launch year. My guess, Nintendo dosnt even know yet. #PrayForStars

They probably want to save their handheld gaming trump card (pokemon) for 2018 when the console is recognized worldwide and then they can start promoting it as a handheld with pokemon

RihannaRTT
1 minute ago, ~Lexi~ said:

Not really coz I knew there'd be nothing. Masuda said like a month ago that they weren't gonna think about the Switch until it was released and basically see if it flops or not. They said there was no doubt it was the future, but they needed to wait and see. 

I'm expecting another 3ds game this year considering November 2016 had the highest software sales for the 3ds since it was launched. 

~Lexi~
6 minutes ago, Icannot said:

ehlTWxx.gif

It was such an injustice to make her a pure grass type. Grass/Bug or Grass/Fighting would have been done something for her. Dhelmise has the most tragic typing though for the generation. Grass/Ghost in the same generation where the starter has the same combo and in the previous generation had two of the same type. Add that to the fact it looks nothing like a grass type! It's a steel anchor that's only found in the water! Steel/Ghost would have been perfect. What a waste.

RihannaRTT
1 minute ago, ~Lexi~ said:

It was such an injustice to make her a pure grass type. Grass/Bug or Grass/Fighting would have been done something for her. Dhelmise has the most tragic typing though for the generation. Grass/Ghost in the same generation where the starter has the same combo and in the previous generation had two of the same type. Add that to the fact it looks nothing like a grass type! It's a steel anchor that's only found in the water! Steel/Ghost would have been perfect. What a waste.

Dhelmise isn't an anchor. It's the seaweed.

and Lurantis is pretending to be a bug, it's not a bug. Fighting would be cute for Brick Break tho. (and stab contrary superpower and hammer arm plz GF). 

~Lexi~
4 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Not really coz I knew there'd be nothing. Masuda said like a month ago that they weren't gonna think about the Switch until it was released and basically see if it flops or not. They said there was no doubt it was the future, but they needed to wait and see. 

I'm expecting another 3ds game this year considering November 2016 had the highest software sales for the 3ds since it was launched. 

The Pokémon Company confirmed last year that they have begun to work on games for Switch. Add to that the many reports of Pokémon Stars. With confirmed information and so many leaks, it just seems redundant to not even mention it. Especially when they announced Fire Emblem for 2018. Just an odd decision...

Edge Of Glory

8maVPWT.png

is this cute enough??

Subomie

very cute, subomie rate tip: hide a lack of graphical skill by adopting a "throwback" or "retro" theme for the reveals

~Lexi~
6 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Dhelmise isn't an anchor. It's the seaweed.

It's an anchor and ships helm covered in seaweed. Even so, Grass/Steel would have sufficed. I love this gen, but the typings drive me crazy! With so many Pokémon now, they need to stand out. One way to do that is unique typeing. It's criminal to have amazing designs only to have lackluster stats and a basic typing.