Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You

rGvHSok.gif

Edited by Psycho

PA2.jpg

MENTORS' PICKS:

On 5/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Element said:

2 5 6 8 9 

On 5/26/2019 at 9:43 PM, Sabbath said:

1 2 3 6 7 

On 5/26/2019 at 9:44 PM, Speezy said:

12345 cause im basic  

tumblr_nc55hhKRtI1qhb5w9o1_250.gif

q3og7z8pnpkk.png

Round 5: GENRE BENDER

The ULTIMATE TABS is the kind of artist that can be dauntless in trying out any kind of sound to improve his/her craft. And if your artist is the ULTIMATE TABS, he/she can  represent well any kind of music genre. 

This challenge will now focus on your artist's TALENT and ARTISTRY in representing a certain music genre.

This will also test how well you and your team works with each other.

Earlier in the thread, I asked the 3 mentors to randomly pick 5 numbers from 1-10. 

The numbers represent TOP 10 MUSIC GENRES of the Industry (source)

GENRES:

• I will now reveal the music genres, once revealed, your mentor MUST assign a music genre to each and everyone in her team.
  • the 5 genres chosen should be used and represented / for members who have more than 5 members, you can repeat a genre twice only
  • You can assign a music genre that best fits the artist or you can go the risky route and see if it pays off. 
Spoiler

1. Electronic Dance Music:
Generally referred as EDM, this form of music is produced by DJs who add dozens of tones to a piece to create unique music. You can hear them in clubs or even live, depending upon your accessibility for the same.

Team/s who picked this genre:

Speezy / Sabbath

2. Rock Music:
Originated as “Rock & Roll” in the United States, It is a form of music that started actually around string instruments, but now uses other modern instruments too making it a little difficult to give it an accurate definition. Its loud and strong beats make it popular among the youths.

Element  / Speezy / Sabbath

3. Jazz:
Identified with swing and blue notes, Jazz has its roots both in the West African and European culture. It is said that Jazz is “One of America’s original art forms” and boasts a unique combination of creativity, coactions and interactivity. Jazz has also played an important role in introducing the world to a number of women performers like Ella Fitzgerald, Betty Carter, Abbey Lincoln and Ethel Waters.

SpeezySabbath

4. Dubstep:
The use of instruments attracting music lovers for its bass and rhythm, this falls in the electronic music genre. People consider it to be a darker form of music, but since its birth in the late 1990s, this genre has successfully made its place in the industry.

Speezy

5. Rhythm and Blues:
Originated in the 1940s, this African-American music is a combination of hip hop, funk, dance, pop and soul focusing on themes like relationships, sex and freedom.

Element / Speezy

6. Techno:
You may have listened to a number of techno music while clubbing, but it is Detroit techno that is considered to be the foundation of this form of music. Unlike the days of its emergence, the use of technology today has greatly enhanced the quality of techno style music and popularizing it among people day by day.

Element  / Sabbath

7. Country Music:
Another popular genre of American music which originated in the 1920s, Country music has its roots from American folk and western music. It is formed using simple forms of instruments ranging from electric and steel guitars to drums and mandolin or mouth organ. 

Sabbath

8. Electro:
A perfect blend of hip hop and electronic music, electro or electro-funk uses drum machine, vocoder and talkbox helping it to distinguish itself from another similar form of music, Disco. 

Element 

9. Indie Rock:
Falling in the genre of alternative rock music, Indie Rock originated in the 1980s and has gradually changed the music industry. After a decade, it also gave birth to a couple of sun-genres in related styles such as math rock, emo, noise pop, post rock and lo-fi.

Element 

10. Pop Music:
“Pop” is a term derived from “Popular” and thus Pop Music is known to be a genre of popular music. With its roots in the rock & roll style, this form can include any form of music ranging from urban and dance to rock, country and Latin.

NO ONE

What To Do:
1. Send me a video link via PM of the song wherein your artist represented the MUSIC GENRE assigned to you by your Mentor.

(It can be official singles/b-sides/live performances/live covers/official remixes or acoustic versions)
2. You can put in a SHORT explanation and attach it to your entry. It is optional. 
   3. Don't post your Entry in the THREAD, it should be sent via PM to me.

Deadline:

10:00 am
Wedesday, 29 May 2019

Eastern Time (ET)

The earlier, the better xoxo

Elimination:

this is a SINGLE ELIMINATION round

as usual, the WINNING TEAM will be safe

the mentor from the winning team will choose who among the tributes from each team (chosen by their respective mentors) to get the chop

each top scorer from each groups will be IMMUNE and cant be chosen as tributes in case their team loses. 

thanks xoxo 

@kiiwii- @Touch It - @Bawdee - @Psycho @Loyalty @Queen Conchita-@Boys @PinkBox -@EriKills @KatyCatPH - @PoKiTaurus - @Not Like The Movies @thecptz  @Guero -@Solarie @Alena @fiercE @Pendulum  - @Invisibility -

@Element - @Speezy - @Sabbath - @Pressure ?

Edited by Yvess

Speezy BEGGING Sabbath to get rid of Grimes and Sabbath keeping her in the game, the lowkey sabotage :bibliahh:

Poor Pop :bibliahh:

18 minutes ago, Yvess said:

With our recent elimination...the teams are now down with...

Hide contents

d0muxrnc32z1.png

o4fo85p5x415.png7khq3tk6osaj.png

I thought teams were done with

My artist can smash any of the genres chosen, excited!

rGvHSok.gif

i thought that said gender instead of genre and was about to be shook at this being made for conchita x

Girl... @Speezythose NUMBERS you chose, I-

Nobody choosing pop, Yvess planned this, it's rigged 

Mentors, please update me what genres you will be assigning your members asap...

thanks xoxo

@Sabbath @Speezy @Element

Not ONE mentor picking pop ajdjfkgkenfb

husaudsuysdyudsyusd

This challenge will be so fun but also kinda scary.

15 hours ago, PinkBox said:

Girl... @Speezythose NUMBERS you chose, I-

Nobody choosing pop, Yvess planned this, it's rigged 

hmmmm.... if I will sabotaj this round, i will not link the page i got the genres from....

if i wanna sabotaj, ill use other websites.. coz other sites list like 5-6 types of Rock genres in their top 10

How come the big fad dubstep is there but not hip-hop theaux, the racismé

How TF y’all gonna base the elim on scores when majority of the time the scores are RIGGED. :skull: 

lxpoHF3.gif

anyways @Overprotected sis you were our groups anchor always there for us with support and to hold the team down but also dead weight and Mostly anchor down our scores. Unfortunately It’s time for Ship Element  to sail away for good and tho we’ll miss u we won’t be looking back. :'(:heart2: 

DismalThunderousChrysomelid-size_restric

Just now, Yvess said:

hmmmm.... if I will sabotaj this round, i will not link the page i got the genres from....

if i wanna sabotaj, ill use other websites.. coz other sites list like 5-6 types of Rock genres in their top 10

I think you created that website yourself and used it as your source tbh! Next level sabogaj :biblio:

d0muxrnc32z1.png

Element  - GENRES: 
2. Rock Music:
5.  Rhythm and Blues:
6. Techno:

8. Electro:
9. Indie Rock:

o4fo85p5x415.png

Speezy  GENRES: 

2. Rock Music:
3. Jazz:
4. Dubstep:
5. Rhythm and Blues:

7khq3tk6osaj.png

Sabbath  GENRES: 

2. Rock Music:
3. Jazz:
6. Techno:
7. Country Music:

@Sabbath @Speezy @Element

15 hours ago, PinkBox said:

I think you created that website yourself and used it as your source tbh! Next level sabogaj :biblio:

omg I- 

15 hours ago, Invisibility said:

How come the big fad dubstep is there but not hip-hop theaux, the racismé

:ahh: 

@Speezy since I'm always on time and early with my entries with GOOD SCORES I'd like EDM :heart2:

the way that Gaga can fit in all of this genres :clap3: 

Sabbath  GENRES: 

2. Rock Music:
3. Jazz:
6. Techno:
7. Country Music:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.