Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PinkBox said:

The Jordin, Lorde, Céline and Ariana pics being homophobic, we-

as it should be

We are giving it all, huh, my fellow Final Four betchees. Whoever ends up winning truly deserves it. Good luck to us @EriKills @Touch It @Invisibility:hug:

P.S.: I hope the Drag Race fans get the first part of my final appeal lol

XOXO

Edited by Yvess

FINAL CRITIQUES: @Speezy

Image result for jordin sparks 150x150

gssVvC5.gif

@EriKills / Team @Element

Hide contents

Erikills/Tinashe

The dead has came back and slayed. Your journey was incredible to watch some choices were made and some choices weren’t made. I love Tinashe, the girl is heavily underrated and I do wish she would get more than a 7 cent check cause she’s a moving force.

Congratulations for beating most of your competition and making a grande comeback Sadly your journey isn’t over yet because you are up against Beyonce , Taylor Swift and Madonna who excels at what they do best as well.

Let me begin my critics:

Talent: 

Tinashe is honestly a phenomenal dancer. Her vocal skills needs some fine tuning but she knows how to lay down a Vibey track within a heartbeat . For me I loved the breakdown portion of the performance . The vocal abilities she had was kinda sacrificed to perform her choreo . But she wouldn’t have talent without sacrifice 

Acclaim: 

Okay so this is a very unpredictable and unique entry right here. I do PRAISE the fact that you used an album track and for Cold Sweat a nonsingle to hold such a impact leaves a greater mark.

Personally Aquarius do have stellar tracks that everyone was rooting for to be released. 

Beauty:

The video looked lovely but this suffered the same issue as Bey. Yes she’s in lingerie, in sexy and stringy clothing she does look lovely. For me beauty is more than exposing all of your skin. She does look good in the Ecstasy video but I think she got more potential .

Success:

Well Tinashe does have a lot up her sleeve. A diverse catalog, the ability to dance and sing and even some global impact. This video does show of her dancing and some of her vocal ability. Her crowd interaction was a bit scarce but I’ll ignore that . This performance I don’t think was her best to showcase her “success” but it’s not the worst

kpwECkW.gif

@KatyCatPH / Team @Sabbath

Hide contents

KatyKatHP/TaylorSwift

Oh look at you stunning. A team switch and facing brinks of elimination did not stop your flow. You did not give up and I’m sure you had a nice Alliance when planning who to vote for when voting came around. Now you stand along Madonna,Beyonce and Tinashe.

Congratulations for making it here

Best wishes

Here are my crits for you:

Talent: 

Her penmanship, her songwriting, singing and ability to play instruments are to die for. There’s artist out here who can even write a word for a song. All Too Well did show those things but her stage presence that she is known for was sacrificed for her providing live piano performance. 

Acclaim:

Factually the song has acclaim. The video has a stellar storyline but personally I don’t think Blank Space is Taylor’s most acclaimed song, or a song I would think of when someone mentions Taylor Swift but she came and did what she had to do with  Blank Space

Beauty:

Actually a different type of beauty compared to the entries these rounds she utilized the natures beauty and fuses it with her own looks. I applaud the fact that she uses an old-es que looks and still manages to pull it off 

Success: 

I won’t deny Taylor has had an organic way to succès in her career and this performance show cases her stage presence, her vocals and some of her choreo.

She seems at home when she’s on these stages and she utilized the props that come with the stage

3AMNYfY.gif

@Invisibility / Team @Sabbath

Hide contents

Invisibility/Madonna

Wow a FIERCE competitor from my archnemisis team. There was points where I wanted to jump out the window while rating Madonna songs in this competition and times where I completely hypnotized and drawn in by her artistry.

You signed up and did your thing with Madonna. You guys along with Tinashe, Taylor and Bey has stuck with competition for ages and never hesitated to give Your all 

Good luck 

Here are my crits for you:

Talent: 

Vogue is a staple. Almost everyone who thinks of the word thinks of Madonna. In that video she provided vocal, choreo and a storyline and looks but I don’t believe this was the best video for Miss Madonna to show off her well rounded talents 

Acclaim:

Okay I stan a bit. This video just shows everything about Madonna. Her fun side, her artistry, her acting her vocals. Hung Up i can agree is really acclaimed and you’re probably the only one who got a perfect score in the acclaim section from me

Beauty: 

I do applaud you for doing it by decades but you sacrificed some great looks. The video is great, she looks her part but the beauty was not there. Yes there is fire in the video but that fire isn’t doesn’t go where she goes.  

Success:

Madame X has been here for decades not letting up her passion or abilities. To see the start of her career as you showcased up til now is incredible and shows evolution. What she did was art at such a young age. And it look like she loved what she did. Express YourSelf has become such a relevant topic again once Ms Germonatta released Born This Way

tWIj0zv.gif

@Touch It / Team @Speezy

Hide contents

TouchIT/Beyonce

First off thank you for being such a good mentee and contestant. You excelled beyond what a mentee does and took after your mentor.

I did this y’all not Touch IT!. 

No let me stop. Congratulations for beating most of your competition and being the talk oTf this game with your unlimited. Sadly your journey isn’t over yet because you are up against Tinashe and Madonna who excels at what they do best as well.

Let me begin my critics:

Talent: 

Beyonce is undeniably talented. She can act, dance and sing. She is acts like a lion (literally and figuratively) and is leader in most if not all her platforms.

For me the videos that you showcase did hit the mark. My only complaint is in “I Care” there was some vocal grunts and some uncontrolled tones mixed in with her lovely voice but no singer is perfect !

Acclaim:

Wow Crazy In Love is that song yes and everyone knows the words to it. But I think Beyonce do have better songs that are vocally better and showcase her voice and even videography a bit better than Crazy In Love

Beauty:

There is multiple parts of beauty and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Partition did not show case all of Bey’s beauty. It was sexy, raunchy and playful looks. There is so much more than beauty than sexy clothes. I do appreciate the night scene and cohesiveness of the video .

Success:

Global Icon yes!

This video is a staple almost everyone knows about Beychella. 

To have an all black band perform was unique and to have a catalog that everyone can’t chant in unison is the best part . She was on beat and together with her performance!

XOXO

Edited by Yvess

FINAL CRITIQUES: @Element

Image result for ellie goulding 150x150

gssVvC5.gif

Spoiler

Element - Tinashe

TALENT -  - This is such an exhilarating performance from beginning to end! It shows so many of her talents and it’s really a shame that people have been sleeping on her, since she is a natural born star. The ability to sing and dance all at once? Shaking

ACCLAIM -  - This song is a fantastic example of modern R&B. The vocals and production are all top-notch, and the critics really provided incredible praise for this track.

BEAUTY  - While these might not have been the most creative and out-of-the box visuals in the world, Tinashe really made it WORK for her. She looks absolutely stunning in the video, and the colored lights / water scenes are all spectacular. 

SUCCESS -  - Another very strong performance from Tinashe. I think this is the hardest of the four parts to this finale, and your explanation really helped us understand your point of view. She may not have “success” in the typical form, but she did what the task asked for -- showed the potential that she has. A humble person and passionate performer. Love.

kpwECkW.gif

Spoiler

Element - Taylor Swift

TALENT - Plenty of emotion is present throughout this performance, and I definitely give her kudos for her singing and playing piano at the same time. I do feel that the vocals were strained and shrill a lot of times, which unfortunately does take center stage in a raw ballad like this.

ACCLAIM - 9/10 - A fairly obvious choice for Taylor. This song is seen as a top tier pop song by so many, and the critics ate it up. Would have loved some more citation, but the ones you did provide speak for themselves.

BEAUTY - - The scenery is absolutely spectacular in this. Always stanned the yellow dress too ofc

SUCCESS - - Honestly, I was kind of floored by the production value on this performance. It was really epic and also awesome to see her massive support in the audience. Loved the mashup of songs in the bridge. Could she improve a bit on her vocals? Sure, but that’s the only minor thing here. Other than that, this is a really memorable live performance by a MPG that fits the criteria of this challenge.

3AMNYfY.gif

Spoiler

Element - Madonna

TALENT -  - This is a really inch resting take on the “talent” portion, and I appreciate you taking the risk. I do think that this would have worked better within the context of the success section, but I guess I’ll have to wait and see what u bring to the table there! I was def captured throughout most of the performance. The choreo/visuals were strong. Obviously, the lip syncing element is a bit unfortunate. To be provocative is certainly a unique personality trait. Is it truly a talent? I can kind of see it.

ACCLAIM -- Excellent choice and great description with backups. The amount of #1s this got was insane. 

BEAUTY - - This video is very cohesive and I like the fact that you presented us with a more recent exhibition, showing her beauty is transcendent into her more mature years. The dancing scene was a strong ending. 

SUCCESS - - It seems that this is a true finale for her debut decade, and she really was bursting with confidence throughout the video. Solid vocals and consistent choreo. Nice choice. I think it shows a good transition point for her next years too

tWIj0zv.gif

@Touch It / Team @Speezy

Spoiler

Element - Beyoncé

TALENT -  - The vocals were incredibly powerful and there was really no bad note throughout. I loved how easy it was for the audience to focus on Bey and how she commanded the stage with her presence. Sad that we didn’t have the chance to see her do some choreo here for us!

ACCLAIM -  - A song that has absolutely stood the test of time. You made a great choice here, but I do wish you provided a little more justification to take this up a notch.

BEAUTY -- The amount of diverse LOOKS in this, whew. She served in all of them. Hair on point, body looking snatched, and skin positively glowing.

SUCCESS - - Absolutely yes. A very smart choice for this concept -- it’s clear that Beyoncé has found such an inspiring role in music. Thank you for providing a strong explanation

XOXO

Edited by Yvess

FINAL CRITIQUES: @Sabbath

Image result for lorde 150x150

gssVvC5.gif

Hide contents

Sabbath: Erikills - Tinashe

Talent -

I think this is a solid performance. Like you said, she manages to combine stable vocals with her dancing without sacrificing one or the other. The 2 On bit is not my favorite vocal delivery but I think you went with the right choice.

Acclaim -

Not you adding that this was #2 on the ATRL Rate as part of acclaim and “Little Tinachos” ffff points for the scrihm I let out. An interesting choice, I like how the changes between sections were approached but it doesn’t feel as momentous for me. Good for her album for getting acclaimed, I didn’t know it was an 80.  Cute quote for the song, but I wish there was something else backing it up.

Beauty - 

First of all, I think she’s absolutely gorgeous, so you probably could’ve chosen ANY video and her beauty would’ve been there, luv that for her. I like the idea of sending a video before she had a high budget but the ‘problem’ is that you can tell. It’s fine but I don’t find the video particularly beautifully shot and falls a little flat to me.

Success -

ugh this HOLY BOP. This is definitely the “brand” she should’ve always pursued instead of the…..pop detours. #MyTinashe

Good luck to her with those iconic moments “she will deliver in the future” tho!!!!!!!!

Overall, you did a great job playing with her this season and I’m sure at times it must’ve been challenging considering her career isn’t as long as some other girls, so more props to you. There’s a reason you’re the last elliement standing. Congrats on making it this far and good luck at the finale.

kpwECkW.gif

Hide contents

Sabbath: KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

Talent - 

Ah, her best song, yes it is, YES IT IS. She really is at her best when she’s playing an instrument, isn’t she? I know she isn’t a vocalist, but I kinda wish the vocals were better however. The arrangement with the piano works really well with ATW, and I like that she’s showcasing other aspects of her musicianship.

Acclaim - 

Yes Taylor, Yes Acclaim. I think this is a perfect choice, the song is pop perfection and the Grammy noms speak for themselves (wish she won them, but im sure she wasn’t too upset winning AOTY) The P4K list thing too, they got something right.

Beauty - 

Unless I’m not remembering something right now, I can confidently say this is probably the most beautiful TaylorXJoseph project. The cinematography is breathtaking and so are the sets and outdoor locations. Dark hair compliments her so so well.

Success - 

Inch resting take on this part of the round. I think it works really well, it’s literally the visual representation of success but also shows the kind of artist she wants to be by mixing one of her pop songs without forgetting her country roots by mixing Should’ve Said No. They work together really well, which is surprising because of Bad Blood kii. On a different note, I don’t know if you noticed, but your first entry was from the Rep tour and now your last entry is from the Rep tour as well, we love a full circle.

Miss KatyCatPH, you may have started the race as an elliement but you’re finishing as a tabsbath, poor team speezy! You really nailed this round with your choices, but I can’t help but wish you did some write ups explaining the reasons why did your picks. I mean, they work as they are, but it would’ve made your entry seem as impressive as it IS. Oh well, it wasn’t a requirement. Congrats on making it this far and good luck at the finale.

3AMNYfY.gif

Hide contents

Sabbath: Invisibility - Madonna

Talent - 

I think Madonna’s biggest strength is her creativity and innovation, so for me this was the right choice as it presents it in it’s purest form. I mean, the receipts are there America. Plus a jab @ @Pinkbox? We LOVE to see it.

Acclaim -

Kiiiii @ another ATRL receipt showing up. Hung Up is THAT song and one of the best uses of sampling in HISTORY. It definitely revived her career, the GP couldn’t resist making it a success. It might not have won 37 Grammys, but it deserved to.

Beauty - 

She looks great and the aesthetic in the video works really well with the song. I don’t have much to say, this just works. The new girls wish they looked this good whew.

Success - 

Entertaining. Unafraid. Bold. Unique. She knew who she was as a person and as an artist in the 80’s and she never let go of that vision.

Miss Invisibility, the absolute **** you displayed in your intro "one song/performance from each decade” shook me to my core. This was absolutely genius. Madonna IS the representation of true TABS and you demonstrated it so perfectly. The choices were great, the write ups were great, the concept was great. We have no choice but to stan. Congrats on making it this far and good luck at the finale.

tWIj0zv.gif

@Touch It / Team @Speezy

Hide contents

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé

Talent - 

I remember you sending another performance of this song during the season, and I like this one so much more. Her vocals are fantastic but are we surprised? The control she has on her voice alone, whew. The passion in the performance. The power. Absolutely no complaints.

Acclaim -

That was a classic, that was a classic! What you wrote is true but why didn’t you mention its Grammy wins and noms? kii. Rolling Stone is cute tho, but this song was so grand, it kinda threw me off that that was the only thing you mentioned lmao

Beauty - 

The purple scene alone deserves a 10 but the fact that she looks incredible in every shot and the locations and wardrobe are immaculate as well can’t hurt right? Jay Z does NOT deserve this woman.

Success - 

Beautifully explained. Beyoncé truly is the artist she wants to be. Her drive and passion for what she does is incredible and this performance truly reflects that. What’s even more impressive is that being entertaining is _not enough_ for her. The meaning behind the concept is so powerful and empowering, the fact that a star of her level cares so deeply for her community is just magical.

Girl, you know who you are. You’ve been doing great throughout the game and even managed to bring kiis and drama with your 666 tiaras. You chose an artist who is on top of her game, but also made all the right choices at the right moments. Like I said on KatyCatPH’s final critique, I just wish you did some write ups for your entries, even more because the one you did for the Success part was so well done. The entries speak for themselves but sometimes you just want more, you know? Anyways, congrats on making it this far and good luck at the finale.

XOXO

Thanks to the mentors for putting in their personal touches on their critiques and I agree with all they said on their intros to each finalist

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

Image result for NING ZETAO GIF

The judges pulling through one last time. :clap3:

17 hours ago, KatyCatPH said:

The judges pulling through one last time. :clap3:

They DID that :clap3:

Ive been thinking on who to vote for because there are 2 girls who I feel like really deserve it, but I just made my decision on who I am going with. I will send soon! 

7 hours ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Ive been thinking on who to vote for because there are 2 girls who I feel like really deserve it, but I just made my decision on who I am going with. I will send soon! 

thank u so much queen! 

FINAL RESULTS

TO BE POSTED ON FRIDAY NIGHT EST

TABS VOTING UPDATE: 8/12

Waiting for Conchita, Element, Speezy and Sabbath

tWIj0zv.gif

@Touch It 

kpwECkW.gif

@KatyCatPH

3AMNYfY.gif

@Invisibility 

gssVvC5.gif

@EriKills

• Summoning the Final 4 Girls too to rank your competitors (1-3) in case you will not move on to the Final Two
  • Criteria on voting can depend on whatever you want
  • Pls pm me the 3 names with their corresponding ranks + a short explanation to your rate (if possible) before Thursday Night EST

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

V O T E   W I S E L Y

WHO WILL WIN THE GOLDEN TIARA/CROWN?

Related image

AND GETS TO BE THE FIRST ONE INDUCTED IN THE TABS HALL OF FAME?

Image result for HALL OF FAME PNG

Just now, Touch It said:

can't believe this game is finally ending :eek:

same here sis! it should end before our bday tbh :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Yvess said:

same here sis! it should end before our bday tbh :bibliahh:

omg yes I forgot we had the same birthday.. has it been over 6 months since this game started :deadbanana4:

Just now, Touch It said:

omg yes I forgot we had the same birthday.. has it been over 6 months since this game started :deadbanana4:

more than 6 months tbh.... idk how i let myself continue this game lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.