Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sabbath's CRITIQUES

qIfhZaW.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM SPEEZY

Mentor: @Speezy

Members:@Touch It @Boys @Queen Conchita @Overprotected

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

"WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Queen Conchita - Conchita

I love this version! I’m living for all the personality she injected into this performance, it really elevates the song. The sassiness in it also makes me believe she really feels what she’s singing, also when she finds an answer to her question, Conchita better let us KNOW!  Very good entry.

Boys - Britney Spears

"DON'T LET ME BE THE LAST TO KNOW"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Black Canary - Britney Spears

She looks so young omg. I mean, we all know Britney is not a live performer and it shows: at different points her voice is very shaky and it sounds like she’s choking, and at some others it just sounds very flat. However, there’s a certain innocence in the performance + the emotion she displays while singing it that makes it better. She might not have the pipes, but she got the emotion right.

Touch It - Beyonce

"1+1"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé - 

Great runs, beautiful runs, that and the end really make the song great. Her tone is so beautiful throughout the song, damn. My only complaint is that while it is a very emotional song, I don’t get that much emotion in her voice in this particular performance. It's a great performance but not a perfect performance.

Overprotected - Bjork

"ALL IS FULL OF LOVE"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Overprotected - Björk -

: In the beginning her voice sounds very…fragile. There’s a difference between soft and fragile, and what I mean by that is that while she sounds good, her vocals don’t sound solid. However, once the long notes hit, they HIT. Overall, i think this is good, but nothing too impressive.

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

@Sabbath's CRITIQUES

qIfhZaW.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM ELEMENT

Mentor: @Element

Members: @Solarie @Not Like The Movies @kiiwii @Guero @EriKills

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"ALICE"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Solarie - Avril Lavigne

I didn’t remember this song and how much I like it :jonny:  I think for the most part, the verses sound quite alright, even if she struggles a bit with the deeper notes. My major problem comes with the choruses as they’re a little shout-y and pitchy when she hits the long notes, I wish this was done in a more gradual way instead of going 0-100 for that note. In contrast, some of my favorite moments come at the end of the chorus, when she sings “I won’t cry” and does the notes higher, she pulls them off really well. I feel like overall this is just fine, it feels a little lifeless and I’m not being convinced that she feels what she sings. 

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"UNCONDITIONALLY"

Spoiler

Sabbath: kiiwii - Katy Perry

Contrary to the Avril critique, my biggest complaint here are the verses: it feels like she’s running out of breath after every word. On the studio version, while you can hear the pauses between them, it still sounds seamless but here, it’s a little off putting. Unfortunately, this also suffers from the same thing I criticized Avril for: the higher notes not being tackled well enough. Katy is not known for having big vocals so I think you should’ve gone a different route here, ‘cause the moments she tries to sing the higher/longer notes should be the highlights and not the grating parts of the song. I think the best part of the song was when she took the mic and started moving around without the mic stand.

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

"COLD WAR"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Not Like the Movies - Janelle Monae - 

Love the speech at the beginning, first of all. I really enjoy how her voice is both smooth but strong, she’s just THAT talented huh.  I also like that you went for such an upbeat song and it still reflects her talent very well. She’s giving me control, tone, presence, fun. Easily my fave entry from Team Elliement.

Guero - Ariana Grande

"GREEDY"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Guero  - Greedy -

Shocked at Greedy of all songs kii. This is performance kind of a let down because she’s not singing the most interesting parts of the song (like the grEeEeEEedyyYyyYYyyYY oOOoooohHHh parts of the chorus most of the time) and she’s relying TOO much on the backing track. I feel like she sang maybe 50% of the song which is :skull: considering you got a girl who can sing like not many others and this round we’re focusing on live vocals. Also, idk if she was doing some sort of choreo before this song, but in the beginning she sounds so out of breath (it gets better after the first chorus at least). She got some nice runs here and there, and some great oh babys, beautiful oh babys during the song.  

EriKills - Tinashe

"PLAYER"

Spoiler

Sabbath: Erikills - Tinashe

I just realized that you got back both in here AND CG in the same week, what kinda witchcraft. Anyways, I really like the emotion on this song, idk if she wrote it based on personal experience but the way she sings it makes me believe every word. I enjoyed the vocals too. Good entry. Also, was the song new or sumn or why is no one singing along kii

xoxo

@Speezy's CRITIQUES

sbnpo5k.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM ELEMENT

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"ALICE"

Spoiler

Solarie - Avril Lavigne 
First ,whew a MAJOR improvement compared to the studio version. The stage was boring but her vocals were soo much better than what she recorded. It was much cleaner and contained way more emotion

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"UNCONDITIONALLY"

Spoiler

kiiwii - Katy Perry 
A SHOW & VOCALS  APPEARED :jonny: .
There is much more vocals and raw emotion to it live than the studio recording. The recorded track is vocal heavy enough but the live performance of it was holy

"COLD WAR"

Spoiler

Almost sounded exactly like the studio version. Her vocals were cute but the live instruments really casted a shadow over her vocals

Guero - Ariana Grande

"GREEDY"

Spoiler

Guero - Ariana Grande 
This was really cute, but at the same time it was boring and some of the crowd shows it on their face. I know Ariana can bring a show without sacrificing her vocals, sadly this wasn’t the moment.

EriKills - Tinashe

"PLAYER"

Spoiler

EriKills - Tinashe 
Actually shook at the stripped version. Whew this is like an alternate version that needs to be released without X Brown. The vocals were shakey but overall decent

xoxo

@Speezy's CRITIQUES

sbnpo5k.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM SABBATH

Mentor: @Sabbath

Members: @KatyCatPH  @Psycho@PinkBox @Invisibility

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

"FEARLESS"

Spoiler

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift
I do like the studio version better than the live. Her voice seems to better with the key on the studio version than the live. It just seemed like a water down version of the song sadly. But the extras were cute.

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

"I SURRENDER"

Spoiler

Pinkbox - Celine Dion 
BITCH 3:17 :jonny:  I’ve decided to stan because the Studio version had a similar belt but not as long and not as good. And the stage performance was on point. #wig

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"LUSH LIFE"

Spoiler

Psycho - Lady Gaga 
This was real similar to the studio version. Both of them are organically sung and played so I cant complain. The singing was good but kinda on the emotionless side

Invisibility - Madonna

"LAMENT"

Spoiler
Invisibility – Madonna 
Oop, great improvement on the live vocals compared to the studio. I do love the stripped vocals better. The dept of her voice and belts live did this song JUSTICE.

xoxo

@Element's CRITIQUES

LMx6jaI.jpg

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM SABBATH

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

"FEARLESS"

Spoiler

Element: KatyCatPH

The atmosphere of this performance was pleasant enough, but it just felt very mediocre to me. Her vocals were consistent but unremarkable throughout, with some flat moments… like, if this were American Idol, she’d be heading for an eighth place finish. Compared to the studio version, she did a solid job, but I don’t know if this was the best choice to show off her vocal ability. 

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

"I SURRENDER"

Spoiler

Element: PinkBox

Exquisite vocals. As a side note, I loved the staging of this performance. It was simple yet dramatic, and complimented the song perfectly.

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"LUSH LIFE"

Spoiler

Element: Psycho

Screaming at some of her facial expressions in this aklsdjkl. Her vocal performance throughout was strong and I was thinking WOW this would have been such a cool show to see live because of the setting outdoors in Brussels tbh. My one complaint here is that sometimes it felt as if she was trying to be a bit too theatrical and it made some parts of the song overwrought, but overall, very good.

Invisibility - Madonna

"LAMENT"

Spoiler

Element: Invisibility

From what you’ve sent here, I can tell that she has a strong vocal ability. However, I compare this back to the studio recording and I feel as if she did not elevate the original. She was missing the dynamic vulnerability… the light and shade. It just felt like 90 seconds of the same, forceful tone. Consistent notes and powerful vocals? Yes. But I would have liked to see something less jarring here. 

xoxo

@Element's CRITIQUES

LMx6jaI.jpg 

TEAM SPEEZY

Spoiler

Element: Queen Conchita -

Good vocals that range between powerful and subtle. It holds up with the studio recording. There were a few times where Conchita verges on unpleasant screaming, but I really appreciate you sending a more upbeat song with personality here, instead of a safe ballad.

Boys - Britney Spears

Spoiler

Element: Boys -

Okay, let’s start with the positives. She has a very cute personality and so do U! I’m sure you did some digging to find a decent vocal performance here, and it wasn’t… an absolute disaster... but it was pretty rough. I can’t really justify giving it a much higher score than I have based on our rating scale. 

Touch It - Beyonce

"1+1"

Spoiler

Element: Touch It -

- As expected, Bey serves us very good vocals, and she does an excellent job of varying between lighter, softer notes and more powerful ones throughout. I wish there would have been a bit more intrigue in the first 75% of the performance, but she really served with the dramatique instrumentals and echoes during the final minute.

Overprotected - Bjork

"ALL IS FULL OF LOVE"

Spoiler

Element: Bjork -

- Oh wow, that one big note snapped a bit! I quite enjoyed the atmosphere of this performance. It was very unique, as we’d expect from Bjork. At times, it was a bit monotonous, but I think she showed consistent vocals throughout and really elevated things towards the end tbh.

xoxo

Welp I see Ms. Ellie punished me for shading ha, huh ?

14 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@Sabbath's CRITIQUES

qIfhZaW.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM SPEEZY

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Queen Conchita - Conchita

I love this version! I’m living for all the personality she injected into this performance, it really elevates the song. The sassiness in it also makes me believe she really feels what she’s singing, also when she finds an answer to her question, Conchita better let us KNOW!  Very good entry.

Boys - Britney Spears

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Black Canary - Britney Spears

She looks so young omg. I mean, we all know Britney is not a live performer and it shows: at different points her voice is very shaky and it sounds like she’s choking, and at some others it just sounds very flat. However, there’s a certain innocence in the performance + the emotion she displays while singing it that makes it better. She might not have the pipes, but she got the emotion right.

Touch It - Beyonce

"1+1"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé - 

Great runs, beautiful runs, that and the end really make the song great. Her tone is so beautiful throughout the song, damn. My only complaint is that while it is a very emotional song, I don’t get that much emotion in her voice in this particular performance. It's a great performance but not a perfect performance.

Overprotected - Bjork

"ALL IS FULL OF LOVE"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Overprotected - Björk -

: In the beginning her voice sounds very…fragile. There’s a difference between soft and fragile, and what I mean by that is that while she sounds good, her vocals don’t sound solid. However, once the long notes hit, they HIT. Overall, i think this is good, but nothing too impressive.

xoxo

12 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@Sabbath's CRITIQUES

qIfhZaW.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM ELEMENT

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"ALICE"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Solarie - Avril Lavigne

I didn’t remember this song and how much I like it :jonny:  I think for the most part, the verses sound quite alright, even if she struggles a bit with the deeper notes. My major problem comes with the choruses as they’re a little shout-y and pitchy when she hits the long notes, I wish this was done in a more gradual way instead of going 0-100 for that note. In contrast, some of my favorite moments come at the end of the chorus, when she sings “I won’t cry” and does the notes higher, she pulls them off really well. I feel like overall this is just fine, it feels a little lifeless and I’m not being convinced that she feels what she sings. 

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"UNCONDITIONALLY"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: kiiwii - Katy Perry

Contrary to the Avril critique, my biggest complaint here are the verses: it feels like she’s running out of breath after every word. On the studio version, while you can hear the pauses between them, it still sounds seamless but here, it’s a little off putting. Unfortunately, this also suffers from the same thing I criticized Avril for: the higher notes not being tackled well enough. Katy is not known for having big vocals so I think you should’ve gone a different route here, ‘cause the moments she tries to sing the higher/longer notes should be the highlights and not the grating parts of the song. I think the best part of the song was when she took the mic and started moving around without the mic stand.

"COLD WAR"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Not Like the Movies - Janelle Monae - 

Love the speech at the beginning, first of all. I really enjoy how her voice is both smooth but strong, she’s just THAT talented huh.  I also like that you went for such an upbeat song and it still reflects her talent very well. She’s giving me control, tone, presence, fun. Easily my fave entry from Team Elliement.

Guero - Ariana Grande

"GREEDY"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Guero  - Greedy -

Shocked at Greedy of all songs kii. This is performance kind of a let down because she’s not singing the most interesting parts of the song (like the grEeEeEEedyyYyyYYyyYY oOOoooohHHh parts of the chorus most of the time) and she’s relying TOO much on the backing track. I feel like she sang maybe 50% of the song which is :skull: considering you got a girl who can sing like not many others and this round we’re focusing on live vocals. Also, idk if she was doing some sort of choreo before this song, but in the beginning she sounds so out of breath (it gets better after the first chorus at least). She got some nice runs here and there, and some great oh babys, beautiful oh babys during the song.  

EriKills - Tinashe

"PLAYER"

Reveal hidden contents

Sabbath: Erikills - Tinashe

I just realized that you got back both in here AND CG in the same week, what kinda witchcraft. Anyways, I really like the emotion on this song, idk if she wrote it based on personal experience but the way she sings it makes me believe every word. I enjoyed the vocals too. Good entry. Also, was the song new or sumn or why is no one singing along kii

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

7 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@Speezy's CRITIQUES

sbnpo5k.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM ELEMENT

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"ALICE"

Reveal hidden contents

Solarie - Avril Lavigne 
First ,whew a MAJOR improvement compared to the studio version. The stage was boring but her vocals were soo much better than what she recorded. It was much cleaner and contained way more emotion

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"UNCONDITIONALLY"

Reveal hidden contents

kiiwii - Katy Perry 
A SHOW & VOCALS  APPEARED :jonny: .
There is much more vocals and raw emotion to it live than the studio recording. The recorded track is vocal heavy enough but the live performance of it was holy

"COLD WAR"

Reveal hidden contents

Almost sounded exactly like the studio version. Her vocals were cute but the live instruments really casted a shadow over her vocals

Guero - Ariana Grande

"GREEDY"

Reveal hidden contents

Guero - Ariana Grande 
This was really cute, but at the same time it was boring and some of the crowd shows it on their face. I know Ariana can bring a show without sacrificing her vocals, sadly this wasn’t the moment.

EriKills - Tinashe

"PLAYER"

Reveal hidden contents

EriKills - Tinashe 
Actually shook at the stripped version. Whew this is like an alternate version that needs to be released without X Brown. The vocals were shakey but overall decent

xoxo

6 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@Speezy's CRITIQUES

sbnpo5k.gif

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM SABBATH

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

"FEARLESS"

Reveal hidden contents

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift
I do like the studio version better than the live. Her voice seems to better with the key on the studio version than the live. It just seemed like a water down version of the song sadly. But the extras were cute.

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

"I SURRENDER"

Reveal hidden contents

Pinkbox - Celine Dion 
BITCH 3:17 :jonny:  I’ve decided to stan because the Studio version had a similar belt but not as long and not as good. And the stage performance was on point. #wig

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"LUSH LIFE"

Reveal hidden contents

Psycho - Lady Gaga 
This was real similar to the studio version. Both of them are organically sung and played so I cant complain. The singing was good but kinda on the emotionless side

Invisibility - Madonna

"LAMENT"

Reveal hidden contents
Invisibility – Madonna 
Oop, great improvement on the live vocals compared to the studio. I do love the stripped vocals better. The dept of her voice and belts live did this song JUSTICE.

xoxo

3 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@Element's CRITIQUES

LMx6jaI.jpg 

TEAM SPEEZY

Reveal hidden contents

Element: Queen Conchita -

Good vocals that range between powerful and subtle. It holds up with the studio recording. There were a few times where Conchita verges on unpleasant screaming, but I really appreciate you sending a more upbeat song with personality here, instead of a safe ballad.

Boys - Britney Spears

Reveal hidden contents

Element: Boys -

Okay, let’s start with the positives. She has a very cute personality and so do U! I’m sure you did some digging to find a decent vocal performance here, and it wasn’t… an absolute disaster... but it was pretty rough. I can’t really justify giving it a much higher score than I have based on our rating scale. 

Touch It - Beyonce

"1+1"

Reveal hidden contents

Element: Touch It -

- As expected, Bey serves us very good vocals, and she does an excellent job of varying between lighter, softer notes and more powerful ones throughout. I wish there would have been a bit more intrigue in the first 75% of the performance, but she really served with the dramatique instrumentals and echoes during the final minute.

Overprotected - Bjork

"ALL IS FULL OF LOVE"

Reveal hidden contents

Element: Bjork -

- Oh wow, that one big note snapped a bit! I quite enjoyed the atmosphere of this performance. It was very unique, as we’d expect from Bjork. At times, it was a bit monotonous, but I think she showed consistent vocals throughout and really elevated things towards the end tbh.

xoxo

4 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@Element's CRITIQUES

LMx6jaI.jpg

"TABS ON TOUR"

TEAM SABBATH

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

"FEARLESS"

Reveal hidden contents

Element: KatyCatPH

The atmosphere of this performance was pleasant enough, but it just felt very mediocre to me. Her vocals were consistent but unremarkable throughout, with some flat moments… like, if this were American Idol, she’d be heading for an eighth place finish. Compared to the studio version, she did a solid job, but I don’t know if this was the best choice to show off her vocal ability. 

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

"I SURRENDER"

Reveal hidden contents

Element: PinkBox

Exquisite vocals. As a side note, I loved the staging of this performance. It was simple yet dramatic, and complimented the song perfectly.

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"LUSH LIFE"

Reveal hidden contents

Element: Psycho

Screaming at some of her facial expressions in this aklsdjkl. Her vocal performance throughout was strong and I was thinking WOW this would have been such a cool show to see live because of the setting outdoors in Brussels tbh. My one complaint here is that sometimes it felt as if she was trying to be a bit too theatrical and it made some parts of the song overwrought, but overall, very good.

Invisibility - Madonna

"LAMENT"

Reveal hidden contents

Element: Invisibility

From what you’ve sent here, I can tell that she has a strong vocal ability. However, I compare this back to the studio recording and I feel as if she did not elevate the original. She was missing the dynamic vulnerability… the light and shade. It just felt like 90 seconds of the same, forceful tone. Consistent notes and powerful vocals? Yes. But I would have liked to see something less jarring here. 

xoxo

1 minute ago, Overprotected said:

PTR

qIfhZaW.gif

but sempiternal said she'll send ha scores :'( 

While waiting for the critique, lemme have you guys fill up this 

Put your name next to the album title 

source:

Image result for BUYING ALBUMS GIF

1 Dream With Me - Jackie Evancho -
2  Back to Black - Amy Winehouse - 
3 Confessions On a Dance Floor - Madonna - 
4 J.Lo - Jennifer Lopez
5 Scarlet's Walk - Tori Amos
6 Loose - Nelly Furtado
7 Up - Shania Twain - 
8 Ascension - Aria Tesolin -

9 Laundry Service - Shakira -

10 Born to Die - Lana del Rey -
11 The Heat - Toni Braxton -

12 Soldier of Love - Sade -
13 Come Away With Me - Norah Jones - 

@Touch It @Boys @Queen Conchita @Overprotected

@KatyCatPH  @Psycho@PinkBox @Invisibility

@Solarie @Not Like The Movies @kiiwii @Guero @EriKills

Loose for me

Whoever voted for these albums must be high. Most of these albums aren't it. Jackie Evancho with the whole top 3? :bibliahh:

Edited by KatyCatPH

If I was allowed to submit my original entry I would've been just fine this round

While waiting for the critique, lemme have you guys fill up this 

Put your name next to the album title 

source:

Image result for BUYING ALBUMS GIF

1 Dream With Me - Jackie Evancho -
2  Back to Black - Amy Winehouse - 
3 Confessions On a Dance Floor - Madonna - 
4 J.Lo - Jennifer Lopez
5 Scarlet's Walk - Tori Amos
6 Loose - Nelly Furtado - KatyCatPH
7 Up - Shania Twain - 
8 Ascension - Aria Tesolin -

9 Laundry Service - Shakira - Solarie

10 Born to Die - Lana del Rey -
11 The Heat - Toni Braxton -

12 Soldier of Love - Sade - Erikills
13 Come Away With Me - Norah Jones - 

1 minute ago, Overprotected said:

Sade I guess

she's taken x

chuffed with my critiques, thanks girls x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.